Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks to those of you who ordered some of my charity masks, I've sent them out so you should get em soon. Anyone else want one, click here
https://localgiving.org/fundraising/sewingforfood/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
Had a jaunt down to Southsea beach to see if anybody gives a poo poo anymore and nope, totally ram packed.

Dilettante. fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 21, 2020

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Natalie Fartman posted:

I would love an antibody test, just in case I managed to get it and be asymptomatic. Then I could go outside without darting my eyes wildly and angrily from behind my mask at everyone.

I'd also like the antibody test, because I'm one of those people who had a bad cold in December and has since convinced himself it might have been not a bad cold, but a mild case of the COVID. Mainly because I've never had a cough like it.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Aginor posted:

Tell a lie here. He actually works in a London hospital which begs the question why are the media reporting no new cases in London?

Which hospital out of interest?

The Independent/Standard/Telegraph/Metro/Express/Mail/Sun are reporting no new cases but BBC/Guardian haven't which does looks mighty suspicious...

The I article also has this lovely paragraph, "Although it appears promising, the new figure should be approached with caution as it could be attributed to a glitch in the Covid-19 patient notification system – which occurred temporarily on 16 May."

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Horace posted:

I'd also like the antibody test, because I'm one of those people who had a bad cold in December and has since convinced himself it might have been not a bad cold, but a mild case of the COVID. Mainly because I've never had a cough like it.

You had Aussie flu.

That'll be £69.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

WonkyBob posted:

Which hospital out of interest?

The Independent/Standard/Telegraph/Metro/Express/Mail/Sun are reporting no new cases but BBC/Guardian haven't which does looks mighty suspicious...

The I article also has this lovely paragraph, "Although it appears promising, the new figure should be approached with caution as it could be attributed to a glitch in the Covid-19 patient notification system – which occurred temporarily on 16 May."

Not sure to be honest. Will check with my mate and see which it is.

I've noticed the same about the media. I tend to go to the guardian to double check anything I've read.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
Went to my abandoned work and stripped a load of old varnish off of tables for five hours. Flatmate has finally run out of excuses as to why she can't use her work from home laptop and has begrudgingly started doing some working from home.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'd better see you all out tonight for the Clap

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Clap these cheeks bitch

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I am spared the clap for some reason, and thank gently caress for that.

Everyone here just hates the NHS clearly

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

Horace posted:

I was horribly ill at new years with the flu followed by a cough I couldn't shake. It was like my throat/upper chest wanted to glue itself shut. I wasn't better for a month.

I do wonder from time to time but we forget the normal flu can be pretty awful and 2019/2020 wasn't an exception. However, no one else around me got sick, and I definitely worked a day when I was still infectious, as well as spent a lot of time with my family in close quarters beforehand. That seems contrary to the way covid goes.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Went to the supermarket this morning and maybe one in five people was wearing a mask/face covering of any kind, so I guess that advice was really taken on board by people.

Is the advice to wear a mask yet? Last time I looked at the literature the evidence was leaning that homemade cloth ones increase the risk of infection

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Jose posted:

I'm in the mood for a Subway sandwich but obviously they're closed. I have no issues making my own which would likely be better but it's the bread that is a problem. I can't be arsed to make my own so what supermarket has anything comparable?

They've been open here (SE London) for a while now for pick up or delivery. So might be worth checking online. I think they are franchises, so the decision might just be down to individual owners and you can find one further afield.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Natalie Fartman posted:

I was horribly ill at new years with the flu followed by a cough I couldn't shake. It was like my throat/upper chest wanted to glue itself shut. I wasn't better for a month.

I do wonder from time to time but we forget the normal flu can be pretty awful and 2019/2020 wasn't an exception. However, no one else around me got sick, and I definitely worked a day when I was still infectious, as well as spent a lot of time with my family in close quarters beforehand. That seems contrary to the way covid goes.

I had a nasty cough virus throughout December, seemed to be going after a couple of weeks then ramped back up. So there was something nasty around, although I don't think it was covid in my case. Just the wages of working with small children.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

loudest object on earth

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Whoops, sorry was meant to type that into the Amazon search bar to step up.my Clap game

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Man, £3.95 delivery fee for Krakatoa. What the gently caress Rip-Off Bezos

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
My arm is so dead from sanding stuff that I can't even clap for are NHS so I'll just yell out the window I suppose.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

got my vuvuzela ready lads

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a limit on how loud you can be? Can I buy a blank-firing pistol and squirt off a few rounds every Thursday?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Mojo Jojo posted:

Is the advice to wear a mask yet? Last time I looked at the literature the evidence was leaning that homemade cloth ones increase the risk of infection

I'm in Scotland, and the advice here is currently "there may be some benefit in wearing a facial covering when you leave the house and enter enclosed spaces, especially where physical distancing is more difficult and where there is a risk of close contact with multiple people you do not usually meet. Examples include, traveling on public transport or entering a food shop where it is not always possible to maintain a 2 metre distance from another customer.... By face coverings we do not mean the wearing of a surgical or other medical grade mask but a facial covering of the mouth and nose, that is made of cloth or other textiles and through which you can breathe, for example a scarf."

but it's to protect other people from you, if you're asymptomatic. Not mandatory or anything though, just reccommended in those circumstances.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
The clappening is happening

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

They're out banging pots and pans, here

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

seems like there's more clapping than last week.....

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
Extremely gentle clap this week except for one person really going for it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Weak rear end clap on our road, clearly we all hate the NHS and want covid to kill people.

The guy that went down our road on his motorbike was pleasantly surprised though.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

The Deleter posted:

Weak rear end clap on our road, clearly we all hate the NHS and want covid to kill people.

The guy that went down our road on his motorbike was pleasantly surprised though.

Hopefully he started clapping too, because that's a great epitaph.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

clap was over by 8:04, and i heard nothing through the headphones before then

excellent

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

wit posted:

Hopefully he started clapping too, because that's a great epitaph.

Lmao, he didn't try it, I would have been impressed if he'd done it and stayed on honestly.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Didn't hear anything, gf says she heard someone clapping but that's it. I, for one, thank everyone who clapped to protect ARE NHS. See y'all at the beach this weekend.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

They announced a bunch of new cycling funding for my town which is cool. a bunch of dangerous stupid roads are getting changed to fit a cycle lane, but of course all the conservative councilers voted against it and there's tons of people who are for some reason against bicycles and walkers because????

but oh well, it's happening anyway.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Natalie Fartman posted:

Yeah, same. No-one got ill but me, plus I'd been working in practical isolation for ages then moved to a role where I was in close contact with the public all day, so my immune system wasn't ready for that.

sassassin posted:

You had Aussie flu.

That'll be £69.

Sixty nine dollarydoos?!?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Horace posted:

Yeah, same. No-one got ill but me, plus I'd been working in practical isolation for ages then moved to a role where I was in close contact with the public all day, so my immune system wasn't ready for that.

Sixty nine dollarydoos?!?

you mean dollars-in-dues

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

I think I should get off the internet for a bit. Yesterday I was about to sign up for a throwaway Reddit account so I could argue with an American on r/conspiracy about the opt-out organ donor law, and there's like, five red flags in that sentence.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Bruh, you gotta read some books and poo poo and not touch that ancient cauldron of refuse that is reddit.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Horace posted:

I think I should get off the internet for a bit. Yesterday I was about to sign up for a throwaway Reddit account so I could argue with an American on r/conspiracy about the opt-out organ donor law, and there's like, five red flags in that sentence.

in my opinion the internet is bad

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

They were already debating whether a soldier whose genitals were blown off by a grenade would have genitals in heaven so to be honest there wasn't much I could have contributed anyway.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
There's so many people just screaming at each other in the street or into phones as they pass by my flat.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I sold four paintings today, and theres three more waiting for clarification/information. I'm a wee bit emotional about it.

I'm going to be fine for vet and essentials costs for kitty, which is amazing and everyone is awesome.

I'm still waiting for the worst to happen and the owners turn up though. No idea what I'll do because I think I need this cat more than it needs me that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Natalie Fartman posted:

I sold four paintings today, and theres three more waiting for clarification/information. I'm a wee bit emotional about it.

I'm going to be fine for vet and essentials costs for kitty, which is amazing and everyone is awesome.

I'm still waiting for the worst to happen and the owners turn up though. No idea what I'll do because I think I need this cat more than it needs me that's for sure.

If they do just deny it's there

That cat FOUND you