Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MF_James posted:

core meta is camos, the few people I run into that aren't camoing run MP7-> M4/Grau -> nothing

What’s a camo meta about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Why do I hear so much about the Grau in Warzone but almost nothing about it in core MP? I tried it out in core today and I honestly might like it even more than the M4, but I'm not sure why it's not included in the "meta top tier" discussions.

Most fights in core don't take place at the ranges where the grau is better than the M4, & one of the key attachments that's really great for warzone (archangel barrel) is bad for core

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
grau shoots like a laser beam and has good damage range as far as i can tell. i decided to try it out and got 2 kills while parachuting in on plunder which i've never done before

which brings me back to a point i've made before in that ads shouldn't be possible mid air or jumping

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 21, 2020

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

priznat posted:

What’s a camo meta about?

People play whatever gun they are trying to get the gold camo on.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Any tips for making the FAL decent? I don’t have it leveled up much, but it’s going very slow.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Jesus the AK sucks. Not any faster TTK than the M4 or Grau but the recoil is like 50 times worse. Honestly don't understand the point of half of the guns in this game existing lol.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Jesus the AK sucks. Not any faster TTK than the M4 or Grau but the recoil is like 50 times worse. Honestly don't understand the point of half of the guns in this game existing lol.

I've got it in a "LOL" loadout for when I'm bored and want the sharp sound of an AK instead of the silent laserbeam AR loadouts I normally run. It is distinctly at a disadvantage on small maps. It seems great on long sight line maps.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The AK is great with some attachments

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Fallom posted:

I think it's a lot of fun. You get some pretty crazy battles at the drop-off points.

Sometimes you get games where everybody just ignores the objectives and that's no good.

That's been my issue. It feels like when I'm playing with randos, 99% of the time my team doesn't play the objectives.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

The AK is great with some attachments

That's probably my issue with a lot of guns tbh, some of them are probably excellent with the right attachments but the good ones all unlock at like level 30+ and playing with a hunk of poo poo for hours to get to the good stuff is just not fun at all, especially when you can just grab the M4 / Grau / MP7 and melt people with zero attachments from the jump.

I guess the blueprints are kind of an answer to that and I probably just need to spend the time unlocking those.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I haven’t played the other smgs as much but I love my uzi hipfire loadout a lot. Useless in warzone though :haw:

With tigerstripe camo!

Also why does nostock take up an attachment spot :cmon: (I know it has the sling mount doodad but still)

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah Uzi is what I'm trying to grind out attachments for now because the hipfire build looks fun as poo poo and Uzis are just objectively cooler than MP7s even though I know full well that the same build on an MP7 is probably objectively better.

Wanted to switch up my AR game a bit since I don't just want to end up defaulting to M4 / Grau 100% of the time like every single other person but ugh nothing else feels good. I was really hoping I'd like the burst-fire rifles since the G11 was my favorite gun back in Black Ops but man they just have no place - the other ARs are just as accurate and faster at range and up close you might as well be using your fists.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Yeah Uzi is what I'm trying to grind out attachments for now because the hipfire build looks fun as poo poo and Uzis are just objectively cooler than MP7s even though I know full well that the same build on an MP7 is probably objectively better.

Wanted to switch up my AR game a bit since I don't just want to end up defaulting to M4 / Grau 100% of the time like every single other person but ugh nothing else feels good. I was really hoping I'd like the burst-fire rifles since the G11 was my favorite gun back in Black Ops but man they just have no place - the other ARs are just as accurate and faster at range and up close you might as well be using your fists.

ugh this post resonates w me hard

hey so if core is mainly ppl grinding camos, is hardcore where people go to measure dicks or whatever?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

So if I have an extra slot on a given build, is there any reason not to use the 1mw laser? It just helps your hipfire without any drawbacks, right?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I like using non meta guns just because I think I have a bit of a contrarian streak. Like screw you Ima gonna use the SA87 even if I die constantly while trying to ADS it!!

Also just running around with the O/U shotgun is stupidly fun plus when I die I have the excuse that I’m using a dang break open shotgun vs ARs. The drilling in BFV was like that plus had an amazing rifle barrel for headshots at distance.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Have you tried the SCAR since they updated its ADS speed? I've been having decent luck with it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

priznat posted:

I like using non meta guns just because I think I have a bit of a contrarian streak. Like screw you Ima gonna use the SA87 even if I die constantly while trying to ADS it!!

Also just running around with the O/U shotgun is stupidly fun plus when I die I have the excuse that I’m using a dang break open shotgun vs ARs. The drilling in BFV was like that plus had an amazing rifle barrel for headshots at distance.

I’m usually like this, but I’ve been using meta guns lately and feel like I’ve been robbing myself of guns that I enjoy the most. Just keep using the guns that are the most fun to you and you will have the most fun. This is a toy after all.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I’m usually like this, but I’ve been using meta guns lately and feel like I’ve been robbing myself of guns that I enjoy the most. Just keep using the guns that are the most fun to you and you will have the most fun. This is a toy after all.

Exactly! Sometimes I do start to get frustrated using my goofball gun and revert to my standbys of M4 or MP5 and then do well for a bit and then try experimenting with my other weird guns. That is one thing I really like about this game, the glorious gun barbies you can make.

It really also throws into sharp relief how stupid and stingy BFV was with unlocks, but it’s automatically limiting being WW2 most guns weren’t very customizable at all.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

JFC posted:

Holy poo poo that happened to me too. I thought I was the only one dumb enough to get stuck in that trap and that it was a well known thing. Glad to see I'm not alone.

I had to stay there until eventually I made enough noise to draw someone in. Killed them, then their teammate killed me.. And jumped right inside the truck to get my poo poo.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

There aren't many actual bad guns in the game, but most everything off-meta requires you kit the gun out a specific way AND adjust your playstyle to suit, which most of the meta gun don't require you do.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 21, 2020

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Rock My Socks! posted:

So if I have an extra slot on a given build, is there any reason not to use the 1mw laser? It just helps your hipfire without any drawbacks, right?

Or sleight of hand. Both are excellent options with no drawbacks.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
lol warzone I couldn’t even see the sniper they were far as hell I aimed towards the scope glare shot and in a second they were dead. Grau LMAO

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol warzone I couldn’t even see the sniper they were far as hell I aimed towards the scope glare shot and in a second they were dead. Grau LMAO

I wish I remembered to save it but I got 3 completely unrelated, undeserved grau kills within a minute last night. Just randomly pot shotting at dudes I couldn't even see. Just dots on the map I was poorly aiming at, and thwap thwap downed. It's so stupidly broken and overpowered.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

its cool to see stuff that isnt an m4a1 be the best gun tbh. i like this in comparison to CS, where the gun balance is basically static. that has its 100% benefits for sure but i really like a changing balance, even if i use the same setup its fun to adapt to what other ppl are doing

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I miss WW2 I was so good at that one, it would have owned with a battle royal mode

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The M4 is still nearly as good/meta as the grau in WZ. basically anything with low recoil and a high ROF is really OP in WZ right now and they've done almost zero weapon balancing at this point. Really, nearly every single gun should have been rebalanced for Warzone because it changes everything, but they didn't do any rebalancing and now people only use a tiny handful of the many dozens of guns.

It's also really funny that running guns without a scope in a BR actually works out to be a huge advantage because you don't have to manage the recoil at all or even look at what you are shooting.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I think that’s a little over simplistic, a shotgun anywhere close will destroy a grau every time and honestly ranged engagement is just an armor wasting dick waving contest half the time lol.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Yeah but why would you ever worry about a shotgun when you can carry 2x C4 and 7x RPGs?

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
I didn't see it anywhere in the patch notes, but I was finishing up the IFV challenge last night and the .50 cal turret felt a lot stronger.

When I've used it in the past I always felt like it was at, or slightly below, the PKM as far as the power went. I could get 4-5 hit markers on a target before they would die and the accuracy at range was really bad. For a heavy machine gun, it just felt weak.

But last night I was easily killing players in 2-3 shots, the accuracy at range was a lot tighter to the point that I killed 4 players as they parachuted out of helicopters and I felt that I was actually accomplishing something other than being a free kill for a sniper.

Edit: Sounds like Captain Price might be one of the season 4 operators. Still hoping for Ninja and Yolandi though.

CombatBonta-kun fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 21, 2020

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

hmm maybe its like the caliber used in grau and m4 is on average 2x lighter in effective mass than the AK?

ak was fun as heck to gold imho and with the one piece wood Romanian underbarrel most fuckable gun in the game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I think that’s a little over simplistic, a shotgun anywhere close will destroy a grau every time and honestly ranged engagement is just an armor wasting dick waving contest half the time lol.

I've honestly found shotguns wildly inconsistent in WZ and never bother with them after the first couple of minutes.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

AK with 5.45x39mm Ammo is super competitive at close range, it's a 3 bullet kill out to like 20 meters.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Cleanup on Aisle 9 is a good playlist for getting attachments. Not as good as "COD Players only want one thing..." but it's still decent.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

vivisectvnv posted:

hmm maybe its like the caliber used in grau and m4 is on average 2x lighter in effective mass than the AK?

ak was fun as heck to gold imho and with the one piece wood Romanian underbarrel most fuckable gun in the game

I mean yeah in real life but none of these guns are even remotely balanced around or indicative of their actual performance, like even a little bit.

I'm sure it's a matter of just grinding out the unlocks but getting rinsed in close combat by every SMG and at mid-range by every assault rifle unless my opponent is looking the other way or has the reflexes of an 80 year old to get to that point is just not all that enjoyable. The difference between that and just picking up a stock M4 or MP7 is loving insane.

It is a very pretty gun though, I will fully concede that.

Akion posted:

Cleanup on Aisle 9 is a good playlist for getting attachments. Not as good as "COD Players only want one thing..." but it's still decent.

I'll give this a try, thanks! Mostly I've just been quickjoining with no filter on to get a feel for modes and maps but yeah I think a lot of my issues would be alleviated by just rushing the attachment grind.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i just got 133 kills in a realism mode shipment hardpoint

using nothing but molotov/pkm200 round/rpg

i unlocked obsidian rpg idk what that means

E: oh lmao surprised and embarrassed it took this long tbh, wow

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Statutory Ape posted:

i just got 133 kills in a realism mode shipment hardpoint

using nothing but molotov/pkm200 round/rpg

i unlocked obsidian rpg idk what that means

You unlocked Fallout New Vegas. Congrats.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The kilo blueprint called the Berliner loving rips. I mean it’s like any of the AR quick aim down sight builds. But in regular DM it feels like it’s a little more stable than other fast ADS builds I’ve done. I’m destroying on the new map with it.

As far as Launcher meta in warzone I think I might switch to PILA from RPG. In a few recent games I’ve used it and it’s pretty useful. Due to the inconsistencies of chaff on the Helicopters it almost always just causes a flying team to ditch. Secondly it does lock onto vehicles and as far as I can tell will never stop tracking them. I shot at a Jeep driving away and it got very very far and I still got a vehicle destroying notification. And now with the “buff” it’s still great against people.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Akion posted:

gently caress Aisle 9, it’s somehow even worse than shipment when it comes to getting instakilled as soon as you spawn

E: actually it’s basically like shipment except they removed everything that makes shipment fun (natural choke points)

Bouillon Rube fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 21, 2020

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Statutory Ape posted:

E: oh lmao surprised and embarrassed it took this long tbh, wow

Lol, uh obsidian camo just released two weeks ago and you have to have gold to start the progression. So I would say ypu got that done very fast. You're the guy spamming rpgs in shipment all day while I was cursing the riot shield.

Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Did a work over of everything and that included swapping my op to Syd. New meta for me is to see how long it takes for pubbies to out themselves as racist pieces of poo poo (not long at all).