Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

marshmallow creep posted:

I don't mind if they unlock easy mode, but I do if they keep saying "Do you want to switch to easy mode" every time you die and make it easy to button mash your way into that while you're trying to restart and then also it's a one way trip and you can't raise the difficulty back without restarting.

I really hate when games don’t let you raise the difficulty. Sometimes I want to play on easy mode while I learn the controls so I can try things out without getting instantly splattered, but I also don’t want to restart the whole game when I have the hang of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

christmas boots posted:

The most patronizing were the games where you’d die a few times and then the game would ask if you wanted to enable little baby bitch mode and like, I know the developer is just trying to be helpful but one time I got a fortune cookie that said “be easier on yourself, you’re doing the best you can” and it’s the same kind of energy.

The worst is when it's a time easy mode wouldn't help. "Oh you died during a platform segment because you fell to your death? Maybe try easy mode" Looking at you God of War

Edit:

Leavemywife posted:

The one I hate is when they ask if you want easy mode after dying to an environmental hazard that difficulty won't affect anyway.

Yeah this

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
LA Noire was so close to getting this right. You could skip the tailing people missions that no one likes, but you had to fail it three times before getting the option. Just let me turn the bloody missions off if you're going to let me skip them. Or better yet, don't put them in. Assassin's Creed seems to have learnt this, even if it did take about ten years and the insane instances of trying to sneakily follow someone in a pirate ship.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

My personal favorite is when a game keeps nagging you that something is probably too hard for you at the moment and it goes from a reminder into a challenge because spite.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I really hate when games don’t let you raise the difficulty. Sometimes I want to play on easy mode while I learn the controls so I can try things out without getting instantly splattered, but I also don’t want to restart the whole game when I have the hang of it.

The Master Chief Collection is like this in both directions. Can't change up or down without quitting to the menu and starting a whole new campaign on that difficulty, which is not so bad because all the levels are unlocked from the start so you can just jump to the one you were playing, but it is a bummer to have to shatter your immersion like that (and you have to start the level over).

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Good old Dara has never had anyone ask him what happens at the end of Inception or why Vincent is suddenly alive again at the end of Pulp Fiction.

That movie doesn't stop if you don't understand it's core themes was one of his points?

I wonder how Dara would like Celeste, given the extensive assist mode that game has.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The Surge 2

The post-processing makes everything look like rear end. It's as if Roger Deakins threw up.

It probably wouldn't have hurt to have a fast-travel point in every zone. It wouldn't make the game easier, every shortcut gets used anyway, and it could be disabled during set-pieces.

You can invert the Y axis like every other game, but this also inverts the directional parry which means you have to do the opposite of what the icon says in the split-second it's onscreen.

The plot would have been vastly improved if 90% of the dialogue was cut. The game can do neither serious nor silly very well. The impressive boss Little Johnny is undermined by the fact he's actually a fat, momma's boy crime-lord. It's like if Ornstein cracked jokes about Smough's weight during the fight.

Starting off you fight both a cultist nut-job and the above mentioned crime-lord. I can't help feels similar this describes the beginning a lot of euro-jank RPGs. Everyone has such clashing-accents and every spoken word is a cliche. I wish this game was more like Resident Evil where every line is delivered completely straight-faced despite the absurd circumstances. It's better to be endearing than eye-rolling.

Some implants cost too much to equip relative to their actual use. "-15% Evade Stamina Cost", "+4% Attack Speed" etc.

It's hard to justify using any inject-able other than the basic healing one, or any drone apart from the EMP one.

New Game Plus starts with a new scene that feels like it belongs at New Game, because it's reminiscent of the opening to the Surge 1 and has no new information.

It is very easy to gently caress up the quest for Warren. You venture to another zone too early, or pick the wrong dialogue option, and you're screwed out of a reward.

Liked it more than Sekiro though. 4/5 .

Inspector Gesicht has a new favorite as of 22:48 on May 20, 2020

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would say that it's a bit defeatist to say the game is stopping you from progressing further. You CAN progress further, you the person reading this post can probably beat every video game that exists, it's just a matter of how long it will take you to gain enough competency in that specific game or genre. To some people that threshold is too high to be worth bothering and there's nothing wrong with that, but what makes video games unique is that they require you to at least be paying attention to what you're doing.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

The Surge 2:
It probably wouldn't have hurt to have a fast-travel point in every zone. It wouldn't make the game easier, every shortcut gets used anyway, and it could be disabled during set-pieces.

The game does have fast travel for what it's worth, there's a pneumatic tube system thing you can access once you have your zip line hook which takes you between the three safe zone hubs (the club, the seaside court and the AID evacuation gate). They just don't ever tell you about it so you may not have found it. The rest of your complaints are pretty fair imo.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 22:50 on May 20, 2020

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I did use the fast-travel I just wish there a couple more points.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah fair enough, I think they probably could've just let you use the med bay to fast travel after a certain point, especially after it's revealed late in the game that your character is just a nanite cluster and isn't actually a living human at all, just a recreation of the person Athena met on the plane.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

The Surge 2:

You can invert the Y axis like every other game, but this also inverts the directional parry which means you have to do the opposite of what the icon says in the split-second it's onscreen.

There's a checkbox to decouple the two in the options, though why they let the parry work like this at all is astonishing. The "fix" is clearly just a lazy hack to fix a lazy hack.

What's more annoying is that even after you fix it you've already trained yourself to do the opposite; I changed the setting after like five minutes of reverse-parrying and I was still having trouble doing it "wrong" hours later

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

I picked up Dragon Age Inquisition for cheap as something to tide me over during Corona, and for something that's only about 5 years old it feels crazily dated. From the tiny inventory limit, to the sheer amount of boring weapons and armour loot, I feel like I'm just playing through it to see the story, which itself is cheesy and fairly boring.

But the absolute worst thing is the companion Sera. It's like someone saw Joss Whedon's schtick and decided to write a wacky lesbian elf who like, fights the power man, and is really sassy and good at stuff. I mean, none of the characters are brilliant but Jesus she is bad. I don't remember it being this lovely in Dragon Age 1.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

There's a checkbox to decouple the two in the options, though why they let the parry work like this at all is astonishing. The "fix" is clearly just a lazy hack to fix a lazy hack.

What's more annoying is that even after you fix it you've already trained yourself to do the opposite; I changed the setting after like five minutes of reverse-parrying and I was still having trouble doing it "wrong" hours later

That would've have been good to know two playthroughs ago. Sort of like how you can HOLD E to continue drinking in a Fallout game.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bogmonster posted:

But the absolute worst thing is the companion Sera. It's like someone saw Joss Whedon's schtick and decided to write a wacky lesbian elf who like, fights the power man, and is really sassy and good at stuff. I mean, none of the characters are brilliant but Jesus she is bad. I don't remember it being this lovely in Dragon Age 1.

Sera feels like she was written as a self-deprecating joke making fun of the worst stereotypes of Bioware characters and writing, then executed by someone who wasn’t in on the joke

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Dragon Age had three games but it never did find it's footing. The first game took too long to make, the second was cramped into a short schedule, and the third had its lunch eaten by the Witcher.

Also near everyone in Inquisition is loving ugly. I look back on Vagrant Story and FFXII and really wish we could get more of those painterly character-models.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!

The Surge 2

The post-processing makes everything look like rear end. It's as if Roger Deakins threw up.

The plot would have been vastly improved if 90% of the dialogue was cut.

It's better to be endearing than eye-rolling.

It's hard to justify using any inject-able other than the basic healing one, or any drone apart from the EMP one.

It is very easy to gently caress up the quest for Warren. You venture to another zone too early, or pick the wrong dialogue option, and you're screwed out of a reward.

Liked it more than Sekiro though. 4/5 .

Completely agree about being endearing, there are those audio logs that are just a bit of fun but it's really hard to reconcile "hey where did that robot come from oh well *screaming noises* *huehuehue* " with like "I'm going to shoot this little girl if the nanite cloud gets out of control, trust me it's humanity's final test" would have been better if they had leaned more on the wacky(?).

The fact that the basic EMP drone and directional implant are on the level of "I will never uninstall these" just annoys me that that they took so long to get and were not just implicit in the game mechanic

I like that the drone is actually usefulnow , I'm for sure Gunna go weird on my Ng+ playthrough

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dragon Age had three games but it never did find it's footing. The first game took too long to make, the second was cramped into a short schedule, and the third had its lunch eaten by the Witcher.

Also near everyone in Inquisition is loving ugly. I look back on Vagrant Story and FFXII and really wish we could get more of those painterly character-models.

Never played Origins but 2 and 3 have a soft spot in my heart. Maybe mostly because of the team AI programming that I will always miss in any game with companions.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cool. So now I can't just fire my slow rear end tears. Now my tears fire after charging and if you get hit JUST right you get teleported.

And if it happens during a boss fight you lose your health, have to walk back to the arena, and start the fight over

Why did I reinstall this piece of poo poo?

Edit: also re:bean talk

I've gotten so few items for that slot I don't even know wtf beans are

Len has a new favorite as of 01:49 on May 21, 2020

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Len posted:

Cool. So now I can't just fire my slow rear end tears. Now my tears fire after charging and if you get hit JUST right you get teleported.

And if it happens during a boss fight you lose your health, have to walk back to the arena, and start the fight over

Why did I reinstall this piece of poo poo?

Edit: also re:bean talk

I've gotten so few items for that slot I don't even know wtf beans are

My dude, you picked up the cursed eye. Thats the one item that almost every single person who replied to you called out as an absolute run killer. Its real bad. Once you get good at the game... Its still real bad. If you get the one particular item in the whole game that negates its downside... Its still pretty bad. Pretty much literally the worst item in the game.

Now you know what it looks like, dont ever pick up the cursed eye again. Unless its on a floor with the curse which means you cant see what the item looks like, in which case you got super unlucky.

Or quit playing, if you dont like the gameplay its not going to change wildly, and as I said earlier there are so many other roguelikes/lites out there now that you can probably find one you will like a whole bunch more. Me, I like the base gameplay of isaac and the speed you unlock stuff early on got its hooks in me good, but if you dont enjoy it you dont enjoy it.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Devil May 5: Mission 14. Why have a boss rush that begins by stripping your guy V of two of his three familiars, when he barely has any moves in the first place?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

SiKboy posted:

My dude, you picked up the cursed eye. Thats the one item that almost every single person who replied to you called out as an absolute run killer. Its real bad. Once you get good at the game... Its still real bad. If you get the one particular item in the whole game that negates its downside... Its still pretty bad. Pretty much literally the worst item in the game.

Now you know what it looks like, dont ever pick up the cursed eye again. Unless its on a floor with the curse which means you cant see what the item looks like, in which case you got super unlucky.

Or quit playing, if you dont like the gameplay its not going to change wildly, and as I said earlier there are so many other roguelikes/lites out there now that you can probably find one you will like a whole bunch more. Me, I like the base gameplay of isaac and the speed you unlock stuff early on got its hooks in me good, but if you dont enjoy it you dont enjoy it.

My dude, how was I supposed to know that was the cursed eye before picking it up? Scan through every picture on Platinum God and find the right one? As far as I can tell there's literally nothing that tells me what a thing is until I pick it up.

Edit: lol of you die during a boss and come back with dead cat you start outside the arena. The boss is fully healed and you have 1 heart.

Edit 2: lol hp up items don't carry to other lives?

Len has a new favorite as of 02:35 on May 21, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Inquisition was hobbled by the fact that it was made on Frostbite, which was not designed to be used for an RPG at all in any way.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

CJacobs posted:

Nintendo games have gotten really annoyingly patronizing about their hint systems and difficulty settings and auto level completion things, so if that becomes commonplace I'd really rather other developers not use the same methodology. I don't want the game to suddenly assume I CAN'T do it because I failed a few times and say "looks like this is too hard, want us to do it for you? :)" If I want your help, I'll ask for it, thanks.

While I'm right there with you (certainly wasn't happy when DMC1 pulled the ole "wanna turn things down to Easy? :kiddo:" routine back in the day) the problem is that the folks who need the extra help the most...are way less likely to stumble across those assistance options on their own.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The new releases of the Disney Aladdin and Lion King games have a mode where at any time you can have a perfect run play the game for you and yank back control whenever you want. Having difficulty with just this part? Let the recording do it then faff about on your own.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
After beating vanilla xcom 2 a million times I finally bought the expansion. I just wish I could turn some stuff on and off. I like the fatigue stuff but the alien rulers are really terrible. I don't really like dealing with the chosen either but im not as annoyed with them. Also the frame rate seems to be 10x worse on the expansion then I remember the base game being.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

muscles like this! posted:

Inquisition was hobbled by the fact that it was made on Frostbite, which was not designed to be used for an RPG at all in any way.

From how terrible it was used in BFV I don’t think Frostbite is designed for anything.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Asking every time you die if you want to turn the difficulty down is, at least, way better than those games that just silently do it without asking.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

John Murdoch posted:

While I'm right there with you (certainly wasn't happy when DMC1 pulled the ole "wanna turn things down to Easy? :kiddo:" routine back in the day) the problem is that the folks who need the extra help the most...are way less likely to stumble across those assistance options on their own.

Resident Evil 4 did things the right way by just making the game easier and not telling anyone.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Len posted:

My dude, how was I supposed to know that was the cursed eye before picking it up? Scan through every picture on Platinum God and find the right one? As far as I can tell there's literally nothing that tells me what a thing is until I pick it up.

Edit: lol of you die during a boss and come back with dead cat you start outside the arena. The boss is fully healed and you have 1 heart.

You either learn by playing or you look stuff up beforehand :shrug: You could have just looked up the items people in this thread called out as run killers you should never take.

9 lives specifically revives you with exactly 1 hp (so it actually increases your hp if you were at 0), it has to have a pretty big downside for giving you 9 extra lives. The 1-up shroom will revive you with all your hp up items intact. Other extra life items tend to revive you as a different character.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Len posted:

That was a my dude of sympathy for the record! You arent meant to know before picking it up the first time, thats kind of a thing in the genre. But you know now, and hopefully wont do it again. I was just pointing out that yeah, thats a bad item, it was literally called out by name as the worst item in the game by like 3 different people last page.

Dead cat is basically a run killing curse on a starting player, but when you get good at the game is extremely strong. So in the meantime dont pick it up unless you are confident its a good idea (or have 2 other guppy related items already). One thing to remember is that right now you arent even playing to win really. You are playing to unlock stuff that will help you get further, and other characters (Azazel is the games Easy Mode character tbh). Once you get a couple of strong runs that carry you to the current ending you start to get a better handle on the game, and can get further with less, and become less reliant on luck.

Again, I'm not going to pretend BoI is a perfect game by any stretch. There are a real range of real issues with it including the deliberately juvenile aesthetic and theming (which honestly I stopped noticing pretty quickly, but is still a thing dragging the game down), the obfuscation of knowledge from the player (there is no reason for the game not to have an in-game summary of the effects of the items you have picked up, and the pick-up hints on many items are deliberately unhelpful), the bloating of the item pools with useless (or at best extremely niche) or redundant items, and the super-armour on the secret bosses. I enjoy it despite those flaws, but they are still real flaws.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

CJacobs posted:

I didn't get the gripes about The Library. I streamed the game live and lots of people told me it was going to be awful but it didn't match up to the complaints at all from my experience. I didn't stop to kill every last flood parasite, I only really stopped moving when the game made me while Orb was opening the doors. The stuff I didn't enjoy as much started after that level with Two Betrayals, which was an entire level of uninspired backtracking. I don't mind backtracking if there's some creativity involved in the enemy lineups on the way but it quickly became "dump 1000 enemies in this big open field or small room and you are just one Master Chief".

The Flood zombies with rocket launchers in Two Betrayals are what caused me to drop it down to Easy difficulty. At least in The Library you had room to maneuver and dodge the rockets because all the hallways are pretty wide. In Two Betrayals they just kept sniping me and I gave up.

The Library is basically proto left 4 dead, it's great, though it outstays its welcome

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
A lot of people rag on Dark Souls 2 for its enemy design, but playing through 3 again really highlights just how awful some of those enemies were, too. You have things like the Pus of Man, which comes in two variants! Their visual design makes it almost impossible to actually avoid their attacks because they're just a visual clusterfuck of snake blob and their hitboxes just seem to be everything everywhere. It sure was a good thing they weren't used often, that is until you went to the castle and there were a bunch of the bigger, beefier versions in a toxic swamp. Then you get the fire witches! They're cool. Their main attack is a massive fire AOE that just spawns under your feet and unless you're already sprinting or your dodge timing is perfect it's a really difficult attack to avoid because of its size and duration, so of course they're often placed in locations where you have to go out of your way or disengage from the other enemies in the area to avoid getting exploded constantly. Also the fire blast knocks you into the air and makes you go through an animation to get back up that's so slow they're already recasting the explosion by the time you get back up. But, you think you're just going to murder them in melee, right? Wrong, because they're bigger and stronger than the melee guys in the area and on top of that have a grab attack that's incredibly fast and has wicked range; it's so frustrating to deal with it actually would feel right at home in Dark Souls 2 with its love of obnoxious grabs. And right after them you have the jailers, another enemy with a really garbage grab attack - but with the added bonus of just kind of removing your HP for looking vaguely in your direction. Not like, doing damage to you, but just straight up temporarily removing your max HP down to like one. So, unlike most enemies in the game, there's virtually no way to avoid just losing most of your health in the area these things are present because most encounters with them take place in narrow corridors where they just kind of hang out on the far end and dark souls 3 didn't really do stealth unless you built specifically for it, and even then it still didn't really work. And those are just the things annoying me right now, most areas have at least one awful enemy like the infinite grapple ghru.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

SiKboy posted:

That was a my dude of sympathy for the record! You arent meant to know before picking it up the first time, thats kind of a thing in the genre. But you know now, and hopefully wont do it again.

The real little thing dragging BoI down is that there's like 10 identical looking eye items, so even as an experienced player I still have to look at the platinum god item list whenever they appear.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Asking every time you die if you want to turn the difficulty down is, at least, way better than those games that just silently do it without asking.

exquisite tea posted:

Resident Evil 4 did things the right way by just making the game easier and not telling anyone.

the two types of gamers

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

Weird Sandwich posted:

The real little thing dragging BoI down is that there's like 10 identical looking eye items, so even as an experienced player I still have to look at the platinum god item list whenever they appear.

External Item Descriptions mod on the Steam workshop fixes this. It's so incredibly useful, cannot recommend more.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

JackSplater posted:

External Item Descriptions mod on the Steam workshop fixes this. It's so incredibly useful, cannot recommend more.

Does no good on Switch ):

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Nuebot posted:

A lot of people rag on Dark Souls 2 for its enemy design, but playing through 3 again really highlights just how awful some of those enemies were, too. You have things like the Pus of Man, which comes in two variants! Their visual design makes it almost impossible to actually avoid their attacks because they're just a visual clusterfuck of snake blob and their hitboxes just seem to be everything everywhere. It sure was a good thing they weren't used often, that is until you went to the castle and there were a bunch of the bigger, beefier versions in a toxic swamp. Then you get the fire witches! They're cool. Their main attack is a massive fire AOE that just spawns under your feet and unless you're already sprinting or your dodge timing is perfect it's a really difficult attack to avoid because of its size and duration, so of course they're often placed in locations where you have to go out of your way or disengage from the other enemies in the area to avoid getting exploded constantly. Also the fire blast knocks you into the air and makes you go through an animation to get back up that's so slow they're already recasting the explosion by the time you get back up. But, you think you're just going to murder them in melee, right? Wrong, because they're bigger and stronger than the melee guys in the area and on top of that have a grab attack that's incredibly fast and has wicked range; it's so frustrating to deal with it actually would feel right at home in Dark Souls 2 with its love of obnoxious grabs. And right after them you have the jailers, another enemy with a really garbage grab attack - but with the added bonus of just kind of removing your HP for looking vaguely in your direction. Not like, doing damage to you, but just straight up temporarily removing your max HP down to like one. So, unlike most enemies in the game, there's virtually no way to avoid just losing most of your health in the area these things are present because most encounters with them take place in narrow corridors where they just kind of hang out on the far end and dark souls 3 didn't really do stealth unless you built specifically for it, and even then it still didn't really work. And those are just the things annoying me right now, most areas have at least one awful enemy like the infinite grapple ghru.

I'm 1000000% with you on the Fire Witches, they really gently caress up an otherwise gorgeous and cool area. The Jailers on the other hand? They're just...kind of nonissues. You often see them in narrow corridors, yeah, but they're either patrolling an extremely short and predictable route or they are stationary in an area with blind corners to ambush them from or at the end of dead-ends you really don't need to go down. If you're really having issues, the Dungeon is one of very few places where you can blast arrows through the grate sections, so it's very possible to kite them and fight them on your own terms if you're patient.

The HP-draining thing is stressful, yeah, and it makes it seem like they're tougher than they are, but after going through it a second time the Dungeon is one of my favorite places in the game because the whole thing is surprisingly tightly designed. You're right, it's not "stealth" as such, but it's designed around a kind of a pseudo-stealth based off of simple avoidance and route planning.

God I hate Fire Witches, though.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Thankfully all the samey looking eyes are fine to good. The cursed eye is pretty distinctive.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

sebmojo posted:

The Library is basically proto left 4 dead, it's great, though it outstays its welcome

hmm counterpoint: it ends too soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Something I always hate although this comes from the other direction with regards to difficulty, is when people just don't understand an obstacle and claim the game is bad - there's a really neat puzzle in Anima: Gate of Memories involving moving spikes and a review kept showing them dying at it over and over again as if it was the game's fault that they failed to notice that the spikes were synced to the background music. All you have to do is move with rhythm and basically dance through them but they just didn't notice. It's not even a mandatory puzzle, it only blocks off a totally optional sidequest area, but it's frustrating when you know what they need to do and it's just like "It's an easy thing, just slow down a little."