Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

Bogus Adventure posted:

When SpaceX inevitably goes bankrupt because of an Elon meltdown, you might see them in a SyFy movie if the studio can pick them up on the cheap.

No, Bond, I expect you to die!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

youre dick posted:

No, Bond, I expect you to die!

lmao

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Literally A Person posted:

The people who frequent Hooters, for some reason, seem way more skeevy to me than the people who frequent strip clubs.

I used to live 3 floors above the only Hooters in the country (not US, obviously) and I only went in a couple of times cause they had unlimited mediocre chicken wings on a Monday.

I didn't really see the appeal.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Ah yes. The cops were there for "security"

See, i thought that too. My friends and I even joked about that, until we saw how the crowd was acting. The security/cops there all looked very pissed off and stressed. When you have a crowd of 200 drunk, rowdy, and horny men trying to basically rape a few women and its your job to keep them safe there isn't ime for oggling or fun.

I should mention the cops and security were also being accosted/molested as guys tried to fight through them to touch the girls. Before you ask how I noticed this its because my friend's gf gave us "good seats" that was along the path they walked so we got to see them up close without having to fight through a mob/barely controlled riot. It honestly looked like a a scene from a hosed up movie.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
My husband’s boss took his team out for lunch at Twin Peaks once...husband reported that it was very awkward because the waitress was laying the flirting on pretty thick. Food was meh. He also saw his old divorced boss there eating alone lol.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

A long time ago my coworkers tried to convince me to move to Houston to be closer to the team. They took me to a twin peaks as a demonstration of all Houston had to offer. It took 30 minutes to find parking and then we waited for another hour to be seated before we gave up and ate somewhere else. Needless to say I got the full Houston experience.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

remigious posted:

My husband’s boss took his team out for lunch at Twin Peaks once...husband reported that it was very awkward because the waitress was laying the flirting on pretty thick. Food was meh. He also saw his old divorced boss there eating alone lol.

I had a team of 12 people out of our Syracuse NY office years ago (like 2002 maybe?) and a Hooters had opened up in the big stupid mall there. One of the guys on my team had won 'lunch for your office' thing there, and told us all he was taking us to lunch, but didn't tell us where. Anyway, the 7 women on the team were good sports about it even as I loudly proclaimed i had nothing to do with it 5000 times. most of the team being pretty blue collar they didn't have the good taste to get angry about it i guess

edit: this is the same guy who every time I would walk in the office would pretend he was on a phone call having a very important conversation with a customer. he didn't realize that the line light on the phone wasn't lit

youre dick fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 21, 2020

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

youre dick posted:

I had a team of 12 people out of our Syracuse NY office years ago (like 2002 maybe?) and a Hooters had opened up in the big stupid mall there. One of the guys on my team had won 'lunch for your office' thing there, and told us all he was taking us to lunch, but didn't tell us where. Anyway, the 7 women on the team were good sports about it even as I loudly proclaimed i had nothing to do with it 5000 times. most of the team being pretty blue collar they didn't have the good taste to get angry about it i guess

edit: this is the same guy who every time I would walk in the office would pretend he was on a phone call having a very important conversation with a customer. he didn't realize that the line light on the phone wasn't lit

Thanks for letting us know that you're more sophisticated than people with real jobs

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

People are so weird about Hooters now. Like you will see enlightened liberals who say legalize sex work and at the same time say "hell nah" when it comes to Hooters.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Mulaney Power Move posted:

People are so weird about Hooters now. Like you will see enlightened liberals who say legalize sex work and at the same time say "hell nah" when it comes to Hooters.

I wouldn’t want to be photographed in a hooters. Maybe its cause its trashy and everyplace else has better wings and sauce?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

the best and coolest option is to have no opinion about Hooters whatsoever

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Who cares

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I don’t think those are equivalent, Jim.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Empowered sex work and Hooters for sub minimum wage are not the same thing hth

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Oh I thought people had a problem with Hooters because they objectify women but it's the pay and the wing quality or maybe some weird intersectionality outcome when you add the tits to that mix

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Oh I thought people had a problem with Hooters because they objectify women but it's the pay and the wing quality or maybe some weird intersectionality outcome when you add the tits to that mix

Idk what your problem is, but post jpgs instead of trying to be edgy

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

I respect people doing whatever it takes to survive in the hell world and maybe if it were a worker-owned co-op I'd feel better about it. Then again I'd still feel weird that someone is pretending to like me for a paycheck, even though on some level most (all?) our relationships are transactional. Even weirder that sex is a part of it.

DickParasite fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 22, 2020

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

BuckarooBanzai posted:

Then again I'd still feel weird that someone is pretending to like me for a paycheck, even though on some level most (all?) our relationships are transactional.

Welcome to every customer facing job where the employees are treated like poo poo from both sides.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

When people say legalize sex work, they mean two things, generally, imo
1) Protect the sex workers by giving them a legal standing
2) Sex work should be based on mutual respect and dignity, even if the current system doesn't work that way

Creepy boomers ogling fast food workers doesn't fit into any of the underlying ideas behind these points.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

The Bloop posted:

Empowered sex work and Hooters for sub minimum wage are not the same thing hth

I mean, hooters employees are free to engage in sex work though? If it's ok to pay them for sex why isn't it ok for someone else to pay them less for leering at them? I don't have a dog in this fight outside of people should be allowed to engage in whatever employment they're willing to do, and again, if you're fit for hooters you can certainly get a job at a strip joint or scrub-n-tug. Maybe goons and everyone else should stop telling young women what they should be allowed to do for a living?

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

steinrokkan posted:

When people say legalize sex work, they mean two things, generally, imo
1) Protect the sex workers by giving them a legal standing
2) Sex work should be based on mutual respect and dignity, even if the current system doesn't work that way

Creepy boomers ogling fast food workers doesn't fit into any of the underlying ideas behind these points.

if you're not bright enough to understand the difference between actual sex work and oogling at a lovely wing joint, then yeah, the nordic education system has failed us all. And I say that as a fan of your posting.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

youre dick posted:

if you're not bright enough to understand the difference between actual sex work and oogling at a lovely wing joint, then yeah, the nordic education system has failed us all. And I say that as a fan of your posting.

I see the difference, I'm just saying that OP doesn't understand the arguments he's appealing to. And the argument "you should just let people do whatever they want" is fundamentally invalid (in all situations, not just this one), because most people don't do their jobs because they choose to do the given job, but because they choose not to starve in a ditch.

Also I'm not Nordic

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 22, 2020

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

d3lness posted:

Welcome to every customer facing job where the employees are treated like poo poo from both sides.

pictured: the second Heart Attack Grill spokesman to die of, you guessed it, a heart attack.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

im not nordic AMA

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Hackers film 1995 posted:

im not nordic AMA

What's it like not being Nordic?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Im sorry Burt

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Literally A Person posted:

What's it like not being Nordic?

pretty pretty pretty good

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hackers film 1995 posted:

im not nordic AMA

You are blessed.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ok this derail is done. Jpgs

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I don't know what could be more American than a biker gang war at a breastaurant.

Besides all the charges being dropped.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I don't know what could be more American than a biker gang war at a breastaurant.

Besides all the charges being dropped.

Agreed. There is nothing more American than bikers getting into fights with, well, anything!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

youre dick posted:

I mean, hooters employees are free to engage in sex work though? If it's ok to pay them for sex why isn't it ok for someone else to pay them less for leering at them? I don't have a dog in this fight outside of people should be allowed to engage in whatever employment they're willing to do, and again, if you're fit for hooters you can certainly get a job at a strip joint or scrub-n-tug. Maybe goons and everyone else should stop telling young women what they should be allowed to do for a living?

it's legal for someone to pay them starvation wages for being ogled and sexually harassed, yes

Whether it's "OK" depends on if you're an rear end in a top hat (or a libertarian) .... but I repeat myself

If, for instance, we had a UBI or GMI or some other system whereby people wouldn't die in the street without whatever job they could find, then sure.

And no one is telling young women what jobs they should take, we're telling Hooters patrons that they're skeevy and supporting bad poo poo, there's a huge difference

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I love this move. Post a dumbass thing, then appeal to the mods about the derail when people respond to it.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Come on, peeps! Post America.jpg stuff!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

yikes! posted:

I love this move. Post a dumbass thing, then appeal to the mods about the derail when people respond to it.

I didnt start it. there were like 20 posts about it before i gave my hot take and people still wont shut the gently caress up about hooters.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020/05/21/mayor-says-the-bible-tells-him-that-no-women-may-lead-prayer-at-council-meetings/

In the US of A, Freedom of Religion means a Religion is Free to unload on you! This guy is the mayor and, when asked if people could lead a prayer, had this to say:

quote:

Sounds good. I would like that. All I ask is that those leading the prayer be young men.

I am a Church of Christ preacher and I am a member of the Church of Christ and we take the New Testament literally.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35:

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

I bet he gets laid a lot.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I work at Cheeks

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

also it's me I got the last word probe me and everyone who posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Eldercain posted:

also it's me I got the last word probe me and everyone who posted

In any thread, at any time. Universal sixer.