Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I like his broken right hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Return Loss
Jul 22, 2001

Jeeze, Bob. Maybe you should trim and clean those nails?

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Return Loss posted:

Jeeze, Bob. Maybe you should trim and clean those nails?

I learned from farm animals and also the Guinness book of world records sometimes peoples nails are shortest for them but also very long for others.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Darthemed posted:

Resident Evil #4 (1998)
Artist: Rafael Kayanan

The guy in the lower right is so shocked his dentures are flying out of his mouth.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I have a Resident Evil: Code Veronica comic and the art (and writing) is godawful in that one too.

Are there any good Resident Evil comics out there?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm the tiny Umbrella corp logo way high up on the cave wall

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That's actually his parking permit, and he's going to be very annoyed later that mission when he can make the gate go up.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I like that he was apparently just firing off his pistol in a skyward arc, while also dropping grenades. Were there flying zombies too?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Just casually blasting rounds at the ceiling with my hand upside down

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
For contrast.

Resident Evil #3 (1998)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Darthemed posted:

For contrast.

Resident Evil #3 (1998)
A shameful path led them there, to Raccoon City.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Resident Evil in (most of) the games:

Resident Evil in all other forms of media:

(Art from here: https://lparchive.org/Alone-in-the-Dark-2/ )

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That’s so awkwardly placed i thought he was throwing it,like a batarang.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Penciler: Aaron Lopresti / Inker: Sam DeLaRosa
Spider-Man Unlimited #3 (1993)

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Penciler: Aaron Lopresti / Inker: Sam DeLaRosa
Spider-Man Unlimited #3 (1993)

Spider-Man, Spider-Man /
Don’t know where his torso began

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Spiders have a cephalothorax, meaning that the head and the thorax is fused while the abdomen is distinct and separate.
Spider-man's mutation seems to have resulted in a similar situation, only backwards

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kirby's probably cheating, but every time I see a new (to me) piece of his light-hearted gift art, it's a delight.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That's awesome. I could sure use some nitro-juice after the long weekend.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

There’s something really pure about Jack putting the most of himself into is the rock guy.

I hope the MCU can do the Thing justice. He’s low key the cornerstone of Marvel.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You could say he's their rock.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Pastry of the Year posted:

Kirby's probably cheating, but every time I see a new (to me) piece of his light-hearted gift art, it's a delight.

Kirby drew so many amazing characters and pages and panels, but god drat that is the best drawing of the Thing I think I’ve ever seen. I can HEAR him in that picture.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
AW HAW HAW HAW Yancy Street HAW

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really want the Thing to become a super popular MCU hero, so much to the point that people start yelling YANCY STREET when they get into real world fights.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rhyno posted:

I really want the Thing to become a super popular MCU hero, so much to the point that people start yelling YANCY STREET when they get into real world fights.

What do you think YANCY STREET is

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

oh my god

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Can you goldmine a single post?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HOLY poo poo

Edit: HOLY poo poo

Edit 2: HOLY loving poo poo

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Spawn: The Dark Ages #15 (2000)
Penciler: Nat Jones
Inkers: Chance Wolf and Kevin Conrad

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

this counts as good comic book art

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Darthemed posted:

Spawn: The Dark Ages #15 (2000)
Penciler: Nat Jones
Inkers: Chance Wolf and Kevin Conrad

had to stare at that for a good while to figure out that's an upper arm

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

OG Spawn art hasn't aged well at all i feel.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

OG Spawn art hasn't aged well at all i feel.

I will go to bat for Todd McFarlane's art. It is exaggerated and sort of cartoonish but it feels like comic book art where things aren't supposed to look completely realistic. Take his Spiderman

Spidey is bendy and his legs are always flying forward but there is a great sense of motion to it. He is a character that is supposed to be very agile and flexible and McFarlane shows that a lot, almost to an exaggerated degree but it really works for Spiderman.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

had to stare at that for a good while to figure out that's an upper arm

It almost looks like it's trying to be Sam Kieth, but even at his most grotesquely exaggerated Kieth still has a better sense of proportion and anatomy than that.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Madkal posted:

I will go to bat for Todd McFarlane's art. It is exaggerated and sort of cartoonish but it feels like comic book art where things aren't supposed to look completely realistic. Take his Spiderman

Spidey is bendy and his legs are always flying forward but there is a great sense of motion to it. He is a character that is supposed to be very agile and flexible and McFarlane shows that a lot, almost to an exaggerated degree but it really works for Spiderman.

Yeah point taken but look at the colour differences,the spiderman images have vivid reds,colourful blues,bright greens and everything is relatively clean even with the mcfarlane sketchiness.

The spawn image is muddy brown,bleak red and most of the image is smeary and the actual artwork is dismal.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The real culprit is not the hyper-stylized arm (although it's not fantastic, it's basically okay?), but the guy on the left's wonky torso and pinwheeling right arm. It looks like the artist fell into that (common, very easy to make, sometimes hard to avoid) problem of trying to draw someone in 5/6ths profile and ending up in somewhere between that and 3/4s due to 3/4s being a more comfortable and familiar study.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It's not that I have a problem with stylized or exaggerated anatomy, I really just had a hard time understanding what I was looking at. again like the Battle Angel Alita stuff posted a while back probably part of the problem is me not being familiar with the characters so I don't immediately recognize this guy as Gigantic Bicep Man, that's not necessarily the fault of the art.
e: tbh I don't have a really bad criticism of the art in that panel at all
e: see if I had this kind of grounding of what the character looks like overall I probably wouldn't have blinked

nothing wrong with this at all imo, I like it a lot :shrug:
ps don't skip leg day

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 22, 2020

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

hmm Nat Jones is ... good :hmmyes:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Flesh Forge posted:

It's not that I have a problem with stylized or exaggerated anatomy, I really just had a hard time understanding what I was looking at. again like the Battle Angel Alita stuff posted a while back probably part of the problem is me not being familiar with the characters so I don't immediately recognize this guy as Gigantic Bicep Man, that's not necessarily the fault of the art.
e: tbh I don't have a really bad criticism of the art in that panel at all
e: see if I had this kind of grounding of what the character looks like overall I probably wouldn't have blinked

nothing wrong with this at all imo, I like it a lot :shrug:
ps don't skip leg day

This panel kind of reminds me of the style of Stephen Platt aka S.PLATT who blew up overnight in the early 90's doing Moon Knight, then a big move to Prophet at Image, only seemingly to disappear forever not long after by my recollection (I'm sure E&C knows much more and probably hung out with him last month or something) - wtf happened with him??

Also for content/context, wasn't sure if the Liefield Prohibition in this thread included characters he created. Behold some pure uncut 90's pouches/bullet casings/vascularity:

(This one is kind of ok except for the moon that is about to hit him like Chewbacca in Vector Prime)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

sticksy posted:

(This one is kind of ok except for the moon that is about to hit him like Chewbacca in Vector Prime)

It looks like he's wearing riding pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Alhazred posted:

It looks like he's wearing riding pants.

His legs have been replaced by bulging sacks of bratwurst and lumpy potatoes,poor guy.