Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does he get cash or stock equivalent ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

euphronius posted:

free Sirius for life

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

euphronius posted:

Ownership of every single episode of Jackie’s Joke Hunt

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Chicken Butt posted:

Ownership of every single episode of Jackie’s Joke Hunt

How about the poo poo Show?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

They were created by man, we can solve them by man.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

How about the poo poo Show?

Better to trade those for Tissue Time full run

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Gonna miss this free stream when it's gone at the end of the month. Big ups to Sirius for doing this and making my lovely job more tolerable.

I've been binging through the back catalog stuff at work and it's been a lot of fun rediscovering old poo poo. Been going through all the specials and really loved the RIchard and Sal retrospectives, the Gary love tape saga, the SNL special but especially enjoyed the 10 part History of Howard Stern series. It was sort of the Howard Stern version of ESPN's Last Dance Michael Jordan thing and actually happened pretty much during the same time come to think of it and took me back in the same way.

Better times in my life.

Been ignoring my usual podcast stuff to keep listening to as much of this old material as I can. Agree that it's bullshit how much they've scrubbed Artie from the historical stuff though. He deserves his own retrospective and the show hasn't been the same since he left.

Anyone been listening to the special one month long music channels (Prince, Stones, Bowie, Led Zep, etc. ) at all? Been kind of let down overall with them due to the lack of deep cuts tbh.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Former Human posted:

They were created by man, we can solve them by man.

Spoken like true middle management. I recently listened when Tim poo poo all over the bathroom wall. Good stuff.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Burden posted:

Spoken like true middle management. I recently listened when Tim poo poo all over the bathroom wall. Good stuff.

these are the moments i love -- when howard is kind of speechless and you keep hearing benjy laugh in the background

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Burden posted:

I'd still love to hear Tim explain that. I know he was recently on a podcast (Artie's maybe?) where he explained that he was dealing with his father being terminally ill, but it definitely seemed like there was something else going on.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

I'd still love to hear Tim explain that. I know he was recently on a podcast (Artie's maybe?) where he explained that he was dealing with his father being terminally ill, but it definitely seemed like there was something else going on.

it was all over the loving walls. everyone was just baffled

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Say it.

Cocaine.

The only possible answer is huge quantities of cocaine.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

The only possible answer is huge quantities of cocaine.

That definitely fits, and I seem to recall hearing that rumor a few times. Around that time they were also talking a lot about Tim's crazed energy, which he attributed to his diet and feeling healthier or some such. It may have been during one of his failed attempts at the green drink program.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

It may have been during one of his failed attempts at the green drink program.

Why not both? Cocaine can give you power shits ever with a normal, healthy diet.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Has Jim Bruer ever been suggested for the Artie spot? Listened to several of his old interviews and he seems like he'd be a really good fit. Not sure what he's up to these days

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes

My guess is he makes way more money touring

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

Has Jim Bruer ever been suggested for the Artie spot? Listened to several of his old interviews and he seems like he'd be a really good fit. Not sure what he's up to these days

I can't remember the source but I recall reading that he was offered the Artie chair and went to Artie about it, got the vibe that it would bother Artie, and so he declined.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

Why not both? Cocaine can give you power shits ever with a normal, healthy diet.

i did cocaine for basically all of college and i never poo poo on the walls, what are y'all even talking about

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I cancelled at the start of the free trial thinking I'd listen until it was done and by then I'd get a few "come back" e-mails. I cancelled and haven't listened since. The show is the worst its ever been. It's such a fall from grace.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

I can't remember the source but I recall reading that he was offered the Artie chair and went to Artie about it, got the vibe that it would bother Artie, and so he declined.

I really doubt that as Artie always seemed somewhat ready to "throw himself on a sword" when it came to the show. Jim definitely would have been next in line for the Artie chair (remember when Shuli was clearly gunning for it?), but I think they left the chair in limbo for so long while trying to figure out if Artie was coming back, eventually Howard just felt like he is fine without another person and saved the money. Plus, I think Jim is a California guy and likely didn't see the added promotion and probably $500k-ish a year worth living in NYC, getting up before dawn, and only doing road work a couple of days a week with long flights. He was also taking care of his dad and stuff.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Breuer is 100% New Jersey

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I remember not liking Breuer from SNL, just in general, but my opinion totally changed hearing him in the studio. It would've been amazing to have had him replace Artie.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

kolby posted:

i did cocaine for basically all of college and i never poo poo on the walls, what are y'all even talking about

May be you had a good connection

Mannitol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannitol

It's a cheap, white powder commonly used to cut coke with, and also used as a baby laxative. Some of the other side effects make the coke appear to be better quality than it is.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Breuer as Joe Pesci in the Artie chair was a good day.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Breuer as Joe Pesci in the Artie chair was a good day.

"Lookit dis guy, just bussin' my bawls, heah."

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Lifespan posted:

I really doubt that as Artie always seemed somewhat ready to "throw himself on a sword" when it came to the show. Jim definitely would have been next in line for the Artie chair (remember when Shuli was clearly gunning for it?), but I think they left the chair in limbo for so long while trying to figure out if Artie was coming back, eventually Howard just felt like he is fine without another person and saved the money. Plus, I think Jim is a California guy and likely didn't see the added promotion and probably $500k-ish a year worth living in NYC, getting up before dawn, and only doing road work a couple of days a week with long flights. He was also taking care of his dad and stuff.

I did some digging and I think I was just relaying some undocumented claims:

Claim #1 posted:

Jim Breuer was signed to sit in the Artie chair. That’s why Artie tried to kill himself. After that suicide attempt, Howard and Jim agreed to cancel the contract, as Jim no longer felt comfortable taking the job.

Claim #2 posted:

They were in talks for him to take the chair when Artie went to rehab. Jim posted a FB message eluding to a long-lasting position in-studio.

But then Artie attempted suicide and Howard put out a full denial, including Jim's FB message. By that time Jim denied the rumor as well and blamed his manager for the message confusion.

The second one seems plausible to a degree, assuming that Jim did post something on Facebook.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Bonzo posted:

May be you had a good connection

Mannitol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannitol

It's a cheap, white powder commonly used to cut coke with, and also used as a baby laxative. Some of the other side effects make the coke appear to be better quality than it is.

I'm aware of coke being cut with laxatives like 90% of the time, but you just go take a poo poo. You don't pull your pants down and just start squirting all over the bathroom.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I really need to listen to this again.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYugzl41zkI

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXoh_1bNnFw

I'm at work so if those aren't the right links lemme know

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

kolby posted:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYugzl41zkI

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXoh_1bNnFw

I'm at work so if those aren't the right links lemme know

I actually just looked them up, used Tubemate to download them, and am listening right now
Thanks, though!

Edit: The whole thing can be summed up with this exchange:

Tim: "You never got violently ill?"
Howard: "Yeah, but I've never poo poo on a wall!"

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 21, 2020

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Edit: The whole thing can be summed up with this exchange:

Tim: "You never got violently ill?"
Howard: "Yeah, but I've never poo poo on a wall!"

this is exactly right. i'm glad i never did coke with some people in this thread

edit -- and they're probably happy they didn't do it with me. i was very annoying. i just never sprayed poo poo onto a wall

kolby fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 21, 2020

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Maybe you just haven't been to my kind of party! :pervert:

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I've always enjoyed the brief glimpses into squashies sordid past that he's shared with this thread over the years.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Stumbled upon a recent video clip. Holy poo poo Jason looks terrible, and his modeling of Gary is more disturbing than ever.

Also who is memet

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mehmet is a writer who does some actually non boomer humor but is best in small doses

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I like Memet. Unlike the rest of the staff, he doesn't know when to shut up, and says some real hosed up poo poo. Reminds me of early Sal.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

I like Memet. Unlike the rest of the staff, he doesn't know when to shut up, and says some real hosed up poo poo. Reminds me of early Sal.

And like Sal, his significant other is out of his league.

I like Memet as well. He has some crazy ideas and creates drama in the back office which is usually good radio.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Memet and Benjy are the only ones who pull back the curtain every now and then and aren't afraid to outright troll Howard. Here's Memet's contribution in that regard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHyTn6ZbZm8

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Memet and Benjy are the only ones who pull back the curtain every now and then and aren't afraid to outright troll Howard. Here's Memet's contribution in that regard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHyTn6ZbZm8

Literally the only thing I like about him.

Otherwise, I find him utterly abhorrent. Zero self-awareness, totally unearned self-esteem, dating way out of his league and doesn't know it. I wouldn't want to spend 5 minutes with him.

Also, his eating habits are disgusting. Salt on fried chicken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

The billboard was a troll, I mean look at it, but the loving tee shirt was real, I really think he really thought that Howard would like the joke.