Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

Llany searches his memory of Rad Science Stuff to try and figure out if there used to be any rad science stuff in this room, and maube make educated guesses as to what they were being used for

biosterous fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

biosterous posted:

Llany searches his memory of Rad Science Stuff to try and figure out if there used to be any rad science stuff in this room, and maube make educated guesses as to what they were being used for

You can barely smell the faintest of smells, a leftover memory perhaps of what this room was once used for- the smell of chemical fertilizer.

Stoner Sloth

>Tak will search the room for any hidden compartments or secret doors and, presuming he doesn't find any, move on to seeing if the door has any traps or locks. If not then he'll repeat his uniform sweep of the next room - again looking first for enemies, then traps and then other secrets that the room may hold and as always in Ultra Stealth mode!

>He figures this way he can clear the room, followed in by Heather Snapps for support if a fight starts, and then let the smarter/more nerdy members of the party safely be able to examine the rooms in turn.

(If you need a roll then... I got a 1 followed by a 17 :ohdear:)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak will search the room for any hidden compartments or secret doors and, presuming he doesn't find any, move on to seeing if the door has any traps or locks. If not then he'll repeat his uniform sweep of the next room - again looking first for enemies, then traps and then other secrets that the room may hold and as always in Ultra Stealth mode!

>He figures this way he can clear the room, followed in by Heather Snapps for support if a fight starts, and then let the smarter/more nerdy members of the party safely be able to examine the rooms in turn.

(If you need a roll then... I got a 1 followed by a 17 :ohdear:)

There are no secret rooms or hidden compartments.

The door to the south is trapped, but someone has triggered the trap. It was a poisoned spike, the poison long since dried and reduced to impotency.

The room is much like the previous room, 150 feet by 90 feet, carved out of the stone of the hill Fort Wunny is built into. There is a musty smell in this room, with more evidence of another large tank having been in the room. There are the rotted remains of work benches, with occasional bits of metal in the rubble but there is nothing of value in this room.

There is another door to the south west, on the south wall.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
To clarify, there is another door to the south, in the west corner, on the south wall in this new room.

The Party entered Ft. Wunny from the NorthWest tunnel, and entered the room the table crashed through from the south. There is still a corridor that continues east, and the door to the south west is unexplored.

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 19, 2020

Stoner Sloth

>Assuming we're still going to check out the rest of this area, Tak will take a look at the door to check for locks or traps and if possible once again go in stealth mode to check out the room behind it.

>Before Tak does that though the assasin will take a brief check of whatever toxic substance was on the pit spikes - seeing if it can be figured out what it is and how long it would take to degrade to its present status. Tak will seek Llany's scientific expertise to help in this task if possible!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Assuming we're still going to check out the rest of this area, Tak will take a look at the door to check for locks or traps and if possible once again go in stealth mode to check out the room behind it.

>Before Tak does that though the assasin will take a brief check of whatever toxic substance was on the pit spikes - seeing if it can be figured out what it is and how long it would take to degrade to its present status. Tak will seek Llany's scientific expertise to help in this task if possible!

Aside from scraps of useless materials, there is nothing else in this room. Tak and Llany roll a 20!

Stoner Sloth

Tak roll a 17

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

biosterous

science time :peanut:

20!!!!

second roll is 14

Stoner Sloth

biosterous posted:

20!!!!

second roll is 14

(woah, Llany science'd the poo poo out of it!!)

nut

Without anyone asking, Buddy leans in close over Llany’s shoulder, squinting at the spikes in question. he reaches over and rubs a bit off onto his finger bringing it to his nose and sniffing audibly

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

nut posted:

Without anyone asking, Buddy leans in close over Llany’s shoulder, squinting at the spikes in question. he reaches over and rubs a bit off onto his finger bringing it to his nose and sniffing audibly

It's very clearly a paralysis poison. Fortunately, it's inert.

biosterous posted:

20!!!!

second roll is 14

Llany carefully scrapes the poison residue from the trap, and carefully mixes it with some of the alcohol he "borrowed" from Dorg's kitchen, mixes the unguent into another glass bottle and makes enough paralysis potion to coat everyone's weapons with, including Tak's bolts, and Bat's fangs.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Stoner Sloth

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's very clearly a paralysis poison. Fortunately, it's inert.

Llany carefully scrapes the poison residue from the trap, and carefully mixes it with some of the alcohol he "borrowed" from Dorg's kitchen, mixes the unguent into another glass bottle and makes enough paralysis potion to coat everyone's weapons with, including Tak's bolts, and Bat's fangs.

>Tak is quite genuinely impressed with Llany's efforts and comments "Nice work, friend." to the scientist in his usual weird, clicking and alien intonation. Tak makes a mental note to try to learn as much as possible from Llany about toxic substances. After applying the coating to the crossbow bolts, Tak will make ready to move into the next room taking the usual overactive precautions in terms of stealth and checking for traps.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i'm going to explain bat our circumstances, inform them of the paralysis option which they can take or leave, and ask politely if they wouldn't mind flitting about doing echo locations and such.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Everyone roll a 20

nut

>7

Stoner Sloth

Everyone roll a 20

biosterous

1 :ohdear:

and then 7

Heather Papps

hello friend

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Llany is distracted by something, and turns to face a small crevice he noticed in the south wall, to the right of the door. An opening widens, a large beetle pops out, and launches itself at Llany, who in a reflexive action, turns into a ball. The beetle pounces on llany's now-ball shape and like a dung beetle, it hustles Llany's ball form into the opening in the wall, where he rolls into and disappears .

The opening closes shut with a snap.

Heather Papps

hello friend

can i try smashing open the now closed door?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

Rollem if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

>Tak is too far away for even someone with such speed to be of any assistance to Llany but he quickly moves to back up Heather Snapps, ready to crossbow the poo poo out of anything on the other side if necessary. The assassin also tries to call out in the native insectoid tongue in case the beetle in question possess reasoning abilities, demanding that it returns the armadillo unharmed.

>Tak will also visually scan for traps or secret mechanisms on the closed door just in case brute force fails or could be dangerous.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Rollem if you gottem!

e: i assumed this was a strength check, i have an 18 but i can't remember offhand what the bonus is but welp, with a 2 i don't think bonus's matter

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Stoner Sloth posted:

>Tak is too far away for even someone with such speed to be of any assistance to Llany but he quickly moves to back up Heather Snapps, ready to crossbow the poo poo out of anything on the other side if necessary. The assassin also tries to call out in the native insectoid tongue in case the beetle in question possess reasoning abilities, demanding that it returns the armadillo unharmed.

>Tak will also visually scan for traps or secret mechanisms on the closed door just in case brute force fails or could be dangerous.

I need 2 rolls from you please.

Heather Papps posted:

e: i assumed this was a strength check, i have an 18 but i can't remember offhand what the bonus is but welp, with a 2 i don't think bonus's matter

Roll again.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn8-4tjPxD8
(17)

Stoner Sloth

12 and a 20 (followed by 11 if 20 is a reroll)

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 22, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I just need a roll from Llany, please.

nut

Buddy follows Tak’s lead, slowly backing toward the bulk of the group, his nimble fingers suddenly plucking a flurry of sharp notes

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
After the Meat Beetle grabbed Llany's ball form and dung-beetled him backwards into the freshly opened crevice, Heather Snapps took aim with his axe and let fly with a mighty blow to the spot where the beetle disappeared into after the wall shut.

Tak jumped back, and Buddy wisely followed suit because this is what happens next:

Heather's mighty axe connects solidly with the wall, and as the axe connects, Tak and Buddy jumped back and away from the huge and sudden explosion that erupts out of the wall, avoiding damage.

Fragments of Meat Beetle spray out of the rather large hole in the wall, along with brick and mortar. There is a hole in the south wall, to the right of the (still) unexplored door.

Llany still needs to roll, please.

biosterous

I just need a roll from Llany, please.

man i'm really glad that Llany is way more armoured than he is wise!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

biosterous posted:

man i'm really glad that Llany is way more armoured than he is wise!

Llany steps out of the smoking, rubble-strewn hole, munching on the leg of the former meat beetle. Other than some pretty serious charring around the sleeves of his lab coat and the seams of the bottom of it, he seems none-the-worse for wear.

All players roll a 20.

nut

Buddy chuckles loudly at Llany’s reappearance, strumming up a jaunty tune and dipping his head in salutations, “Well howdy there lil guy”

>17

Heather Papps

hello friend

(if there is time i ring my bell after success)

Stoner Sloth

>Tak nimbly catches a fragment of flying brickwork with a free hand before tossing it idly over the left shoulder. The assassin gives Llany a brief look over to make sure they are unharmed "Nice work Heather."

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 22, 2020

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

(if there is time i ring my bell after success)

You ring your bell. Also, Bat seems to understand your message about the paralysis poison and after a bit of pantomiming, he opens his mouth and allows you to coat his fangs with it. You're *pretty* sure he understands what's going on. The poison doesn't bother him or affect him.

I asked everyone to roll just now to see if there was any loot in the hole Llany walked out of, it's a monster lair of sorts.

Nut, roll percentage dice.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
DM Note: If your character says something, I take it for granted that everyone participating knows your character has said it, so there's no reason for me to paraphrase what anyone says, in the name of smooth gameflow, continuity, and an attempt to reduce thread clutter. I also hold you and your character to what you say, so beware.

I mention this because A) I enjoy your character's in-character actions, and B) I don't want anyone to mistake my lack of noting your character's dialog and actions to mean I don't care.

I very much DO.

Please carry on :)

Stoner Sloth

(no worries, really enjoying the game so far and figured that was what you were going for.)

biosterous

Llany stumbles a bit coming out of the hole, blinking rapidly. involuntary rolling can be quite disorienting! so can voluntary rolling but at least he knows it's coming.

he quickly gets a recap of what happened after he was rolled into the hole, and gives a big smile and thanks to Heather Snapps. he also offers to share the beetle leg if anyone's interested - it's certainly crunchier than most grubs he eats but it's not bad at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

nut posted:

Buddy chuckles loudly at Llany’s reappearance, strumming up a jaunty tune and dipping his head in salutations, “Well howdy there lil guy”

>17

Roll percentage dice please