Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I just stumbled on this post from seven years ago about the couple of videos they were doing in the 100s and just thought it's funny that 1) this podcast still exists 2) has enjoyed a new period of excellence since they started filming every episode for Patreon. Goddamn I love UYD.

In the 30s on my current relisten and it's wild how good they were from the start and also I can see the TCAP segments coming to an end but I know Craigshouse is coming to replace it.

Hey, that was me. Glad that Seth changed his mind/they found a way to make it work for all involved. Have been loving the video era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
the sexy time cop role play in 791 is one of the most in sync bits the boys have done in a long time.

widunder
May 2, 2002
Does anyone know of a working mirror for the Craigslist compilation?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Episode 38, Nov, 10, 2006:
J: In this podcast, you know, we've been talking about stepping it up a bit
S: Always
J: "Vidcasting" is apparently something that a lot of kids are doing, but the problem with vidcasting is, you do it in the comfort of your own home. A lot of people work from home, you know, they conduct business, and sometime they do it via the interweb, but also do it via "videowebbing", where they stream video to one another
S: You can see each other you say? Holy poo poo it's 2020.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
lol at Jah correcting Seth's pronunciation

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Do you remember when the lads were going to do some actual conference about getting sober. They should try for that again.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
e-

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
795 is a banger. Seth getting personal.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah right off the bat they talk about Max.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Got a request for the Goon UYD Brain Trust. A friend of mine keeps referencing a bit where Seth was doing his weird conservative voice, where they're getting mad at a sports game and included an incredibly delivered line: "What about me? And my peanuts!?"

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Remembered I had an old Python script that scrapes the UYD Vault page into an RSS file, so I dusted it off and polished it up and here it is. You'll need to know how to install Python dependencies (listed at the top) and run a command-line script. Many podcast apps will let you import an RSS file stored locally on your device; the script will also give you instructions for uploading the RSS file to Dropbox and getting a link that will work in your app.

This merely automates the process of copy-pasting the Vault links into an RSS file builder; if they ever move or gate the MP3 files themselves your feed won't work anymore. It requires valid credentials to the Vault; please take care to follow the instructions about not making the feed public.

Hey I seem to have this working, thanks a bunch!

Bear Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 17, 2020

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I can't believe Seth has a half-brother who calls him at random times to pitch tech startup ideas, but also of course Seth has a half-brother who calls him at random times to pitch tech startup ideas.

E: lmfao and he has a half-sister with the same birthday as his half-brother what the fuuuuck

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 18, 2020

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Seth: what’s the apps name?
Max: Kidnapper Pro... but there could be a lite version

Killed me

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Hey I seem to have this working, thanks a bunch!
Awesome, glad it's helping someone. I know people have asked about getting a feed of the old episodes before. I didn't explain it too well when I posted but if you're on the Patreon and know how to use a Python (3.6+) script save this as uyd4rss.py, install the dependencies listed at the top (into a virtualenv would be the conventional way) and it will scrape the site and prompt you as follows:

18:12:21 PM: 595 items retrieved!
Start at episode [1-587]: 1
End at episode [1-587]: 587
Include supplements (a few mini-episodes in the 100s), if any in range? [Y/n]:
Include videos, if any in range? (#100: only available as video; #500: audio version also in feed) [y/N]:
Include live episodes? [Y/n]:
Include episodes featuring Marcia Romatelli? [Y/n]:
18:12:39 PM: 592 episodes to be included
18:12:39 PM: Preparing RSS data...
18:12:39 PM: RSS file written to C:\Users\XXXXXX\PycharmProjects\uyd4rss\uyd_archive.rss

## How to use this RSS file?
- Check if your podcast app allows importing RSS files stored locally.
- If not, host it somewhere accessible to you. One easy way is as follows:

### Dropbox
- Log in to Dropbox via the web interface and upload the RSS file generated by this program to a non-public folder.
- Select the uploaded file and find the "Share" button.
- Select "Create link".
- The provided link will end with `?dl=0`. Change `0` to `1` when adding this URL to your podcast app.
- **Ensure that your podcast app is not adding this feed to a public catalog. Most apps that offer such a feature will
ask you to specify if a feed is private when subscribing. Take care to do so.**
- (You can also tell your app not to update this feed automatically, since it won't be changing.)

## Please don't use this for piracy
This script is intended for the convenience of paying patrons, not to facilitate the indiscriminate delivery of episodes
UYD has chosen to put in the vault. Please support the boys!
- If hosting the RSS file on the internet, make the link available only to yourself.
- As noted above, ensure your feed is not being added to a public catalog of podcasts.
- Remain a patron, at whatever level is required for Vault access, for as long as you use these files.

Happy to help with any issues or if there's a feature you'd like, just PM me or whatever.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

C-Euro posted:

I can't believe Seth has a half-brother who calls him at random times to pitch tech startup ideas, but also of course Seth has a half-brother who calls him at random times to pitch tech startup ideas.

E: lmfao and he has a half-sister with the same birthday as his half-brother what the fuuuuck

thought I had already experienced what a crazy episode it was halfway through until the second sibling reveal

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Justice Romatelli

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

widunder posted:

Does anyone know of a working mirror for the Craigslist compilation?

Check your DMs

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Awesome, glad it's helping someone. I know people have asked about getting a feed of the old episodes before. I didn't explain it too well when I posted but if you're on the Patreon and know how to use a Python (3.6+) script save this as uyd4rss.py, install the dependencies listed at the top (into a virtualenv would be the conventional way) and it will scrape the site and prompt you as follows:

18:12:21 PM: 595 items retrieved!
Start at episode [1-587]: 1
End at episode [1-587]: 587
Include supplements (a few mini-episodes in the 100s), if any in range? [Y/n]:
Include videos, if any in range? (#100: only available as video; #500: audio version also in feed) [y/N]:
Include live episodes? [Y/n]:
Include episodes featuring Marcia Romatelli? [Y/n]:
18:12:39 PM: 592 episodes to be included
18:12:39 PM: Preparing RSS data...
18:12:39 PM: RSS file written to C:\Users\XXXXXX\PycharmProjects\uyd4rss\uyd_archive.rss

## How to use this RSS file?
- Check if your podcast app allows importing RSS files stored locally.
- If not, host it somewhere accessible to you. One easy way is as follows:

### Dropbox
- Log in to Dropbox via the web interface and upload the RSS file generated by this program to a non-public folder.
- Select the uploaded file and find the "Share" button.
- Select "Create link".
- The provided link will end with `?dl=0`. Change `0` to `1` when adding this URL to your podcast app.
- **Ensure that your podcast app is not adding this feed to a public catalog. Most apps that offer such a feature will
ask you to specify if a feed is private when subscribing. Take care to do so.**
- (You can also tell your app not to update this feed automatically, since it won't be changing.)

## Please don't use this for piracy
This script is intended for the convenience of paying patrons, not to facilitate the indiscriminate delivery of episodes
UYD has chosen to put in the vault. Please support the boys!
- If hosting the RSS file on the internet, make the link available only to yourself.
- As noted above, ensure your feed is not being added to a public catalog of podcasts.
- Remain a patron, at whatever level is required for Vault access, for as long as you use these files.

Happy to help with any issues or if there's a feature you'd like, just PM me or whatever.

Thank you for this.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So Max was like 7 years old when they started the pod

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

and he didn’t know about his sister until almost 200 episodes

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Seth's dad seems like quite a character

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I remember Seth talking about Max early on and bemoaning that he was a broken down old man (in his mid-30's) while his brother was a cool tech-savvy teen in the prime of his life. I somehow missed/forgot about the half-sister reveal.

General Dog posted:

Seth's dad seems like quite a character

Fire Hydrant Baby

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

I remember Seth talking about Max early on and bemoaning that he was a broken down old man (in his mid-30's) while his brother was a cool tech-savvy teen in the prime of his life. I somehow missed/forgot about the half-sister reveal.

one of my favorite bits is when he talks about how being sober loving sucks and he missed four loko and all the better drugs that are around now

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

On the other hand the cocaine episode is so good

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Is “the cocaine episode” what Seth calls ~1997-2005?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

^^lmao

I’ve been listening to just rando eps and 642 has a great rant about not getting a tv show. just give them six episodes

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Every time that came up I tried to figure out what a UYD tv show would be, and I can't even imagine. Every possible concept seems weird or bad, in my brain

e: that said, definitely give em six

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

flesh dance posted:

Every time that came up I tried to figure out what a UYD tv show would be, and I can't even imagine. Every possible concept seems weird or bad, in my brain

e: that said, definitely give em six

When they were talking about Pluto TV and how there are multiple "channels" that are just 2-4 hour loops of YouTube videos (extremely accurate)...I was thinking "Just put their video episodes on a loop on Pluto."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Nothing really makes sense other than "just show them doing the show", briefly cut the picture to the relevant video when they're discussing a TV clip or whatever but never interrupt the flow of their dialogue.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

if they made it today they would get a bunch of vice style animators, but back then it would probably just have been r-rated ‘the soup’

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

^^lmao

I’ve been listening to just rando eps and 642 has a great rant about not getting a tv show. just give them six episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-0pfyy3G4o

the reoccurring bit where seth realizes their lack of success is probably due to their own ranting is one of the most endearing things about the boys

Giga Gaia fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 22, 2020

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Nothing really makes sense other than "just show them doing the show", briefly cut the picture to the relevant video when they're discussing a TV clip or whatever but never interrupt the flow of their dialogue.

Yeah basically this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usvMJbxo6t8

Or some Maron type show where Seth goes to his Vegan restaurant and doesn't talk and flashbacks of Jonathan humping pillows.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Exactly what I was thinking of, Seth's already doing the dialogue from whatever he's talking about better than the original so you don't even need to pipe that in

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I think the top of the show has them doing the podcast and establishing a theme for the episode (through a tangent, a rant, a study they discuss but don’t fully understand, etc.), and then we see their individual experiences of the course of the subsequent week either challenge or validate their takes on said theme.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

True, but I was imagining either scripted poo poo or reality cameras

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
As a transplant to the tri-state area, this Guido/Jersey Shore audition bit in 796 is killing me.

E: and some long-lost JAHnathan's Poetry!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 28, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't know why but one of the things i'll always remember is Seth's reaction to being told that Lodi, New Jersey is called the Land Of Dumb Italians

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lmao going back to the Podcast Alley rankings from 2006. Crybaby Emo Kids, Catholic Rockers.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Lmao going back to the Podcast Alley rankings from 2006. Crybaby Emo Kids, Catholic Rockers.

Buffy
Jeezo
YUD

The holy trinity

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Holy poo poo this segment in 797 is gonna hit really hard if you are the exact same age as me and apparently Seth's gf

Jesus Christ "Caress Me Down" haven't heard that since high school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I wish the guys could do an annual “This Year in Florida” episode