Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

E-flat posted:

Just your good ol’ bad self :wink:

(But, uh...those tall japanesey paper hanging lanterns for me to catalog would rock. If I’m describing it well enough? I’ve seen them on some people’s islands. Unless it’s a diy.)

These? https://villagerdb.com/item/blossom-viewing-lantern

DIY unfortunately, and rarer these days because of cherry-blossom petals..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

^^^ oh that's definitely not what i'm thinking of

E-flat posted:

Just your good ol’ bad self :wink:

(But, uh...those tall japanesey paper hanging lanterns for me to catalog would rock. If I’m describing it well enough? I’ve seen them on some people’s islands. Unless it’s a diy.)

:syoon:

hmmm i have a couple japanese lantern thingies, i think!

this? https://villagerdb.com/item/imperial-dining-lantern

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

New Leaf posted:

These? https://villagerdb.com/item/blossom-viewing-lantern

DIY unfortunately, and rarer these days because of cherry-blossom petals..

Yes!

Darn, figured. I do have some petals in storage but I missed most of the sakura diys. Just bring all yo bad selves then!

Edit: oh my I didn’t know Celeste wished upon stars too. How cute!

Edit again: AND IT STARTS. Now —- oh, server maintenance. That’s not good!

E-flat fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 22, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

^^^ lol alright heading over now

E-flat posted:

Meteor shower! Come in and get your wishes my friends!

The best place for star viewing is in the northeast, where the moon touches 3 Flats. (Realtalk it’s probly the japanese garden area)

Celeste is uh, MIA. First one to find her wins the grand prize! hanging about the western part of town

Dodo code is GN2KN

Dodo code isn't working for me :thunk:

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Johnny Truant posted:

Dodo code isn't working for me :thunk:

Yeah sorry updated! Apparently my switch decided to let me know the servers are being maintained right now! ... but it let me go online again, so we’ll see how long :v:

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I did my intense research today, finding out everyone's favourite colours, and then I went and bought them all bathtowels from Abel's today. I laughed myself sick just wandering around my town watching them all walk about in bath towels.

It's the stupid little things.

PS: I'm on the hunt for a bass guitar and an amp for a little thing I'm putting together in my town. I can pay bells or trade items if you need something specific. Don't need to keep them if you only have one, I just want to at least catalogue them.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Decided to clean out my house and found way too many items that I either didn't want to keep or ended up buying multiple of. So I set up the north side of my island as a huge giveaway pile instead! Feel free to stop by and visit!

Down for now since I guess I didn't realize there was maintenance, sorry!

Chicken Doodle posted:

PS: I'm on the hunt for a bass guitar and an amp for a little thing I'm putting together in my town. I can pay bells or trade items if you need something specific. Don't need to keep them if you only have one, I just want to at least catalogue them.

I'm not finding it atm, but I can definitely order one for you if you'd like.

Seiyal fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 22, 2020

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Seiyal posted:

Decided to clean out my house and found way too many items that I either didn't want to keep or ended up buying multiple of. So I set up the north side of my island as a huge giveaway pile instead! Feel free to stop by and visit!

Down for now since I guess I didn't realize there was maintenance, sorry!

I'm not finding it atm, but I can definitely order one for you if you'd like.

I would appreciate it! I can be on same time tomorrow. Need anything specific?

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

Chicken Doodle posted:

I would appreciate it! I can be on same time tomorrow. Need anything specific?

Got it ordered for you! I don't need anything specific so feel free to surprise me. (Hopefully there won't be maintenance tomorrow!)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

E-flat posted:

Yeah sorry updated! Apparently my switch decided to let me know the servers are being maintained right now! ... but it let me go online again, so we’ll see how long :v:

Thanks for letting me swing through, I had to leave real wick and help make cookies, haha

Left you a present behind a house :dogcited:

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Johnny Truant posted:

Thanks for letting me swing through, I had to leave real wick and help make cookies, haha

Left you a present behind a house :dogcited:

You left just in time, friend.

Code is now LNVCX

Oh, snap, now it just told me ‘maintenance will soon begin’ the way it does when someone leaves :ohdear:

Will reopen once maintenance is over!

E-flat fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 22, 2020

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Asking for tips on a public island is lame as hell - at that point you may as well trudge through the TE discord and find a new listing for a similar turnip price and no tip - it will probably take the same amount of time

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Chicken Doodle posted:

I did my intense research today, finding out everyone's favourite colours, and then I went and bought them all bathtowels from Abel's today.

:aaaaa:

Operation Coordinate Clothing begins tonight

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

causticBeet posted:

Asking for tips on a public island is lame as hell - at that point you may as well trudge through the TE discord and find a new listing for a similar turnip price and no tip - it will probably take the same amount of time

On the other hand, I tip always even if they ask for no tip and if they ask for a small tip I always give extra.

Tipping is cool and good.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
And yet when the implicit expectation (I’d argue tipping is an expectation—or at least highly encouraged) is made explicit, it becomes gauche. Aren’t social norms and politeness interesting? I’d gladly give my arm and leg to someone—until they request it.

There may be an element of “well now I am not doing it” to it as well, who knows? :v: I certainly feel that kind of contrarianism sometimes! Even though I’m not a cute penguin.

E-flat fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 22, 2020

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

Why the f would you want to get rid of Al, the best character in all the game?

He slept through my birthday, asked for a cupcake (which I gave him), gave me a log stump chair as his first gift, never talks about bugs, and keeps walking around with his monkey butt hanging out. Plus I don't like the personalized jingle he has as it sounds like a dog gurgling.

Look, if he asks me to move out I'll announce when he's in boxes and let you take him if you don't have him. I had Bob but forced him to move out for a friend, but I'd like Moe, Punchy, Filbert, Hopkins or Bones instead for my Lazy Villager.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm already set because the best Lazy villager is me :smug:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Not only do I have him, but I proudly display his poster and photo in my home because he’s the greatest.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Even the Villagers choose to ignore Moe and that's why I feel for him. That poor boy.

https://twitter.com/deepried_chaos/status/1260488763807055878?s=20

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

kripes posted:

Hey, my daughter is hosting, 589 bells per turnip. For some reason, the island isn't appearing in the posting board even though it's not set to private. Anyway, help yourselves.

Please leave through the airport!

Goons can tip whatever, please drop something anything as it's public and she can't tell the difference

https://turnip.exchange/island/610e7332

Thank you/her! I hadn't seen prices that good all week. I went through once, and then maintenance stopped me from taking a second trip.

I'm hitting a point where there's no way I could really spend the bells I have now. I think I agree with someone else on the thread that bait would be most useful. That and DIYs (though I have way too many duplicates now). My inventory is needing a purge, so I might open up my island this week for people to pick stuff up.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Even the Villagers choose to ignore Moe and that's why I feel for him. That poor boy.

Oh goodness that is heartbreaking. I hope you marched right over to that poor kitty after that and said hi.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Maintenance is over, so 3 Flats is back open! closed largely because I am a sleepy baby

Everyone is so nice and I had a fun time making new bffs running around my moon! Come again!

E-flat fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 22, 2020

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh goodness that is heartbreaking. I hope you marched right over to that poor kitty after that and said hi.

Not me but if I get him I'll say hi every day I can.

By the way anyone else feel that Tom, Rover, and Moe might be brothers? Certainly one of those similarities...

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

He slept through my birthday, asked for a cupcake (which I gave him), gave me a log stump chair as his first gift, never talks about bugs, and keeps walking around with his monkey butt hanging out. Plus I don't like the personalized jingle he has as it sounds like a dog gurgling.

I agree Al is awesome

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Breadallelogram posted:

I agree Al is awesome

:hfive:

Rabidsamba
Sep 1, 2011
Turnip fairy visited New Camlet, and we got Nooklings paying 518 bells per turnip

Using turnip exchange to try and expedite the process, and I put up some barbed wire fences so that nobody gets lost.

I'll probably leave it up for a while, I've got other work to do in the meantime.

https://turnip.exchange/island/ad981003

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Breadallelogram posted:

I agree Al is awesome

Well... everyone has their favorites.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My three best villagers are Doc, Mira and O'Hare

I might legit end up with bunny island

kripes
Aug 14, 2002

BRRRRRAAAAAIIIINNNNSSS

Manuel Calavera posted:

I considered bringing her a tiara. Left 800k (including the entry) instead. Why not? It's good to be nice to people. To quote her reaction, "bro omg ;.;" which was cute. :3:

I mean I made 2mil profit this week even after that and buying the tiara in my shop so.

Cute! She thought that was great

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

precision posted:

My three best villagers are Doc, Mira and O'Hare

I might legit end up with bunny island

I have Caroline and Poppy and I wouldn't mind getting Static (although I love Tom so...) and if I get Agnes to leave (although she's an island OG and I want to keep her for as long as I can, but I don't need two Sisterly and the other is Cherry...) I'd want to find Tasha because I like her design. I'd end up with Squirrel Island at that point. There's something about the way their big tails just bob behind them I adore.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Coco is my absolute favorite gal, she's my one "I'll hever let her leave the island."

In addition to that, Static the grumpy old man squirrel has become my BFF, and Tybalt the Lion and I are ride 2 die till the end.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Coco is my absolute favorite gal, she's my one "I'll hever let her leave the island."

In addition to that, Static the grumpy old man squirrel has become my BFF, and Tybalt the Lion and I are ride 2 die till the end.

Heck yeah. I know the Villagers are much nicer these days and although I'd like at least a couple personality types to be a little more savage depending on how you treat them, this vid and the others made me want Tom and Static.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-K47ZP5v1M

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
People would get fuckin' whiplash if a pristine version of Animal Crossing: Population Growing was released on the Switch or whatever one day like it was a WoW Classic situation.

At first they'd get all happy about the villagers being assholes toward them. Then they find out that there's no "moving process" where only one villager moves at a time. No "Villager in boxes" scenario. It doesn't even matter what you say to them if by chance they do mention to you that they're thinking of leaving.

And then once you visit somebody else's town? Villagers won't even wait a day to move they're just GONE like ta-da, it's a magic trick.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have it bad because I'm missing reactions from Jock types yet looking at my island I have no idea who I'd get rid of as they're all kind of great to me.
-Julian
-Punchy
-Bob
-Reneigh
-Apollo
-Skye
-Chief
-Judy
-Audie
-Mitzi

Even then I'd like Ankha/Lucky/Coco/Bree/Rod and a few others favorites. Hell I told myself I'd scan Cherry back in with my amiibo but now I'm just 'ughhh I don't want anyone gone.'

E: Does anyone like the hippo villagers. I've seen nothing but utter disgust for them and I don't know why they're in the game because they all look bad tbh. Most frogs outside like... Ribbot and Camofrog also seem to be completely hated?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I wish Rasher would get the hell out of my island

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

People would get fuckin' whiplash if a pristine version of Animal Crossing: Population Growing was released on the Switch or whatever one day like it was a WoW Classic situation.

At first they'd get all happy about the villagers being assholes toward them. Then they find out that there's no "moving process" where only one villager moves at a time. No "Villager in boxes" scenario. It doesn't even matter what you say to them if by chance they do mention to you that they're thinking of leaving.

And then once you visit somebody else's town? Villagers won't even wait a day to move they're just GONE like ta-da, it's a magic trick.

Oh I agree, the moving out process sucked in the old games, just visiting somewhere else would usually have someone move out with no warning, and even in New Leaf Villagers would just up and go without telling you until you got the letter. Again, if Rover's Suitcase was legit and giving it to a Villager was a guaranteed "get off my island" free card and you got 1 a season (or fewer, depending on how often you see him) I'd be very happy with that.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Rasher rules

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Shower seems to have mostly ended!

Goons are so generous :qq:

I had a fun time with everyone! Thanks so much for visiting and hanging out with me!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Wow, the look after the bird spins around hurts so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Someone needs to get me Tiffany cause I need a hooker bunny on my island stat.