Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Crusty Nutsack posted:

hello, welcome to every bar in Wisconsin, though we don't bother with the stick

Your picture needs the red plastic basket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
When I got the croissants a while back I froze a bunch and just fired one back up for breakfast, delicious, pbuc

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
YMMV, but it looks like Costco might be clearing the way for the new models of LG OLED tvs (the X line).

My local Co (Pacoima) had a 77 and 65 OLED in the open box section. $1,200 for the 65", might have Squaretrade included. Be warned, SquareTrade does not cover burn-in.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The costco croissant packs disappear alarmingly fast at my house, we’re more butter than person at this point

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
my Costco near Newport Beach (i.e. Tustin) had some Moon Cheese recently, that was addictive as heck

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

If you're in the market for a shop stool, the $60 TYPE-S ones at church are hard to beat.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Crusty Nutsack posted:

hello, welcome to every bar in Wisconsin, though we don't bother with the stick

Nor do we wait for them to cool down.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'm not gonna say fair food is the most complex of things. But when I think of fair food i think of being at the fair and me being justified in eating a pizza sized funnel cake and whatever else they decided to deep fry that year.

Idk if i can pull a last year fair food extravaganza at my house :smith:

How do i deep fry butter!? :qq:

Freeze it and wrap it in biscuit dough based on what they did at the last Texas State Fair I went to. Then when it's done, you have a ball of dough with a gush of liquid butter in the middle. Topped with more butter and garlic.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
does Costco in the midwest sell cheese curds? like, the squeaky chewy ones? i love those.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

The costco croissant packs disappear alarmingly fast at my house, we’re more butter than person at this point

i found 3 more in the back of the freezer and stuffed a bratwurst into one

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Does anyone ever get those frozen sliders? They get very damp when microwaving as the instructions say and wondered if there are better prep options.

They’re terrible but I also like them??

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

priznat posted:

Does anyone ever get those frozen sliders? They get very damp when microwaving as the instructions say and wondered if there are better prep options.

Maybe pop em in a toaster oven for a minute after nuking? That seems to crisp up lots of soggy microwaved foods for me, including breaded Costco/Trader Joes poo poo/leftovers.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

does Costco in the midwest sell cheese curds? like, the squeaky chewy ones? i love those.
they do in California, but they come and go and dont last very long. i cant remember the brand but i got them 2 summers ago i think

it might be more a travelling roadshow type of thing

e: Yancy's Fancys I think was the brand i got

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

I haven't gotten those specifically, but my roommate & I have found that defrosting a lot of the frozen stuff in the refrigerator overnight (Angus burgers, El Montery burritos/chimichangas, and the chicken bakes, specifically) makes it cook much better.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Costco trip report: :siren: cheesy pull-apart bread is in stock :siren:

I missed these last go around when goons were raving about it, so looking forward to trying it out.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Ok Comboomer posted:

Maybe pop em in a toaster oven for a minute after nuking? That seems to crisp up lots of soggy microwaved foods for me, including breaded Costco/Trader Joes poo poo/leftovers.

or just pop them in the regular oven for a few minutes

also, air fryers are fantastic for this sort of thing

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

I missed these last go around when goons were raving about it, so looking forward to trying it out.

WHAT WHAT WHAT???
When I asked, they said it would be seasonal! And I never saw the French Cheese bites from ages ago in this thread.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I miss just going to Costco and wandering around. I went every single week for like 6 months until Covid. Sometimes I wouldn't even get a cart and just wander around and maybe pick up one or two things. Couple times I went up and down every single aisle even the boring ones that only have like adult undergarments and batteries just so I didn't miss anything good.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Xaris posted:

they do in California, but they come and go and dont last very long. i cant remember the brand but i got them 2 summers ago i think

it might be more a travelling roadshow type of thing

e: Yancy's Fancys I think was the brand i got

If you have a Wegmans in your area (I have no idea how far they've expanded by now) they carry Yancy's Fancy, and not just some of the time.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Found some al pastor pupusas and grabbed them to switch up my lunches a bit

drat these things are good with a bit of sour cream and one is enough to fill ya

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Steak Strips are still $9.99 at my location, but the bags are only 12oz. now.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
TIL deep fried butter is a thing. wtf is wrong with you people?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

So good I cannot buy it because after the first pack I know I will have zero self control and just eat it all.

In other words, buy it and stuff it in your face holes

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Outrail posted:

TIL deep fried butter is a thing. wtf is wrong with you people?

Mostly my blood pressure

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Not here. They have huge packages of cheese curds that I get from time to time but they're not squeaky at all. You need to get them fresh for that and the only place I can regularly get those is at the deli section at my grocery store.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Food saver acquired and my Anova Nano Sous Vide arrived today. Gonna get my rear end to church tomorrow and load up on some meat, praying to god they have some rib-eyes in stock. What else should I go for, the giant rear end pork chops?

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 22, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You can vide salmon and lobster tails real good

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Cartoon Man posted:

Food saver acquired and my Anova Nano Sous Vide arrived today. Gonna get my rear end to church tomorrow and load up on some meat, praying to god they have some rib-eyes in stock. What else should I go for, the giant rear end pork chops?

Get a pork shoulder. Use half to make carnitas, use the other half to make chili verde pork in a pressure cooker.
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/01/sous-vide-carnitas-crispy-mexican-style-pulled-pork-recipe.html
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/03/easy-pressure-cooker-pork-chile-verde-recipe.html

Cooking fish sous vide is amazing too. The frozen Ono turns out awesome in two hours of warm puddling.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Sous Vide Glazed Carrots are great: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/06/sous-vide-glazed-carrots-recipe.html
As is asparagus: https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/the-ultimate-asparagus

Once you get those and the other "quick" recipes out of the way, short ribs are the next thing to try.
48 hour short ribs: https://tinyurbankitchen.com/48-hour-sous-vide-short-ribs-momofuku/

Also the Sous Vide thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573640

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Week 3 of no normandy veggies. They have every kind of meat, toilet paper, sanitizer. No normandy. I am bereft.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Chinatown posted:

They don't in VA, but the ALDIs around here do. One of these days I'll try making poutine at home.

Tell ya what though, I discovered recently cheese curds are divine inside a chili. Used instead of putting shredded cheese on top, the mixed in curds become these gooey little cheese bombs

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Fish is another place sous vide shines and not as time consuming.

A piece of good cod or halibut or something with some butter and lemon zest in a bag for 40 minutes always comes out perfection.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I am going to sous vide some copper river salmon (from Co, of course) tomorrow night. 30-40 minutes or so at 112, blast it on the cast iron for a minute. Absolutely delicious.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
I get cheap, lean eye of round roasts and sous vide them at 132 for a day then sear and thin slice for beef dip, and sandwiches. Sous vide chuck can be excellent, too

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Any tips of the best way to utilize a giant bag of frozen green beans?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Rack of pork.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Coredump posted:

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Week 3 of no normandy veggies. They have every kind of meat, toilet paper, sanitizer. No normandy. I am bereft.

Same at my Costco. I've taken to buying a bag each of the broccoli, multi color cauliflower, root veggies and squash and mixing up my own blend. Still real good but way more work.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Coredump posted:

I do this with fresh so frozen probably needs to be thawed and thoroughly dried:
Green beans
High smoke point oil
Shallot
Salt+pepper
Lemon or lime

Heat oil in a pan to screaming hot- I use KS grapeseed oil because high smoke point, throw beans into pan with a liberal sprinkle of salt and cover immediately because oil is going to go everywhere initially. Cook them beans until they look almost burnt- blistered, shriveled and charred in spots is the goal here. Lower heat to medium/low and add a thinly sliced shallot, cook until shallot softens. Add the juice of a lemon or lime and toss over heat until everything is nicely coated. Zest is good too if you want to add additional citrus. Add salt and pepper to taste.

I've made two pounds of fresh green beans like this since last Saturday and it has been a hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Cartoon Man posted:

If you're comfortable with it and have reasonably sharp knife, cutting down pork loin is usually ~$1/lb cheaper than buying chops and you can choose your thickness.

I went to the grocery store today and maybe 25% of the non-employees were wearing masks. Even if masks are 100% ineffective, the Costco policy has managed to get many of the goobers out of Costco.