Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Don't go to minimum security weekend getaway jail, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Liking this X-COM WOFF so far and thinking about how I can't get into strategy games. You brought up an interesting point about hitting a fail state and taking the knowledge of that run back with you on the next run. I guess for whatever reason I just can't stomach fail states in strategy games, where I'm OK with them in other genres like a failed roguelike run or if you fail a boss rush in an action game, even though those games also have a theme of "OK I died, what can I do better next time?". I'm not sure if genre is the deciding factor, or time, or how you fail. I just hadn't thought about it like that before.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Did they ever announce when Gary is going live today? Caught most of Kole yesterday.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I'm going live at 12PM PST!

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
The final donation total was $4202.73, and the whole weekend was amazing fun.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It was fun watching you guys this weekend and I'm glad I was able to make my first political donation ever to a cause I believe in.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
RE MiMP: Pharaohe Monch still the best black pharaoh :colbert:

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

We're doing another stream this sunday, as part of a new "brand" (shudder), we're calling Ducks of Fury. The idea is that if anyone on the network wants to stream for a progressive cause, they can without tons of setup. Sunday will be Kole for a couple hours doing random Abject Suffering games, and then me doing a Dark Souls 1 randomizer again, as long as I feel like. Money from inside the US will go to Bernard as long as he doesn't drop out after tuesday, and if he does (and international donations) will go to a melange of progressive causes. I know everyone is tied to their computer anyway due to hellvirus. Let's fight against the fading light, folks.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thank you boys for sending out some free premium eps to cope with our global lockdown.

I'm a year+ late to the party but I played way more of Dilbert's Desktop Games than I care to admit, as it came with my family's Windows 98 PC which was our first real gaming-capable PC. Hell when I got my first laptop as a high school graduation present in the mid 00s I installed it on that too! Feels like I dodged a bullet there.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Kole you say that you don't want Link to gently caress...but in the same breath you want him to explore different caverns. Typical WOFF hypocrisy smh :cmon:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I don't even like FPS games but man is doom eternal so loving good. I bought a upgrade that makes swapping weapons way faster and had the thought that I would be pissed to have to invest in something like that in any other game. But in doom the action is so frantic that the extra half second will literally be the difference between life and death.

The game is full of upgrades that seem boring as hell on paper but are game changers.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DrManiac posted:

I don't even like FPS games but man is doom eternal so loving good. I bought a upgrade that makes swapping weapons way faster and had the thought that I would be pissed to have to invest in something like that in any other game. But in doom the action is so frantic that the extra half second will literally be the difference between life and death.

The game is full of upgrades that seem boring as hell on paper but are game changers.

It took a couple levels for the new combat loop to really click with me but now I'm in the groove and it feels so fuckin good.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
You were talking about meds that give you good dreams on the latest AS. May I suggest quetiapine? It was prescribed as a sleeping aid along with my antidepressants for a time. They sent me basically straight to sleep and gave me super cool, vivid, lucid dreams every single night. Genuinely the best sleeps of my life. The one downside is you gain a lot of weight on them so I stopped

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I’ve been greatly enjoying the Dark Souls randomizer runs so much that I decided to try it myself. It really is quite exciting not know what you will encounter or items will be found tucked away. I may have to duck out or re-roll my enemies because both the Hydra and Gargoyle fights are Manus and I am not good enough to deal with that bullshit.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Old Swerdlow posted:

I’ve been greatly enjoying the Dark Souls randomizer runs so much that I decided to try it myself. It really is quite exciting not know what you will encounter or items will be found tucked away. I may have to duck out or re-roll my enemies because both the Hydra and Gargoyle fights are Manus and I am not good enough to deal with that bullshit.

Are these available on youtube?

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Beartaco posted:

Are these available on youtube?

Unlisted videos on YouTube through Patreon.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Found them, thank you!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Ah, marathoning fifty back episodes of Monster in My Podcast. Eases the pain.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Luigi's Mansion is great, gently caress the haters. Kind of sad that I sold my GameCube copy but glad to hear that you both thought the 3DS version was playable enough on a single stick, it's been on my 3DS wishlist for a while.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I actually did the nub for most of my run and it sucked, but was playable for the runtime.

EDIT: someone bought me a custom avatar thing and I have no idea what to do. I am barely on this site. Rest assured, I am not a Cosby fan.

Woffle fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 3, 2020

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Woffle posted:

I actually did the nub for most of my run and it sucked, but was playable for the runtime.

EDIT: someone bought me a custom avatar thing and I have no idea what to do. I am barely on this site. Rest assured, I am not a Cosby fan.

I'm always surprised at the amount of vitriol you and Kole get. Even at your most inflammatory you're both more polite than nearly everyone on the internet.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Woffle posted:

Probably an enraged Ithaqua worshipper

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Since they chose a rapist, I assume it was to get under my skin for politics reasons? Who knows. Ten bucks to support the site during the plague, I guess.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
If it helps, I was beyond stoked y'all did Legend of Grimrock 2 and loved the episode.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ive listened to your stuff forever, but the current situation has me revisiting a lot of my spending and putting more of it towards charity and supporting creators I enjoy, so finally subscribed to your patreon.

Very much looking forward to the LoG2 episode and (from something fairly recent) to the full episode of your thoughts on new xcom.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

Ive listened to your stuff forever, but the current situation has me revisiting a lot of my spending and putting more of it towards charity and supporting creators I enjoy, so finally subscribed to your patreon.

Very much looking forward to the LoG2 episode and (from something fairly recent) to the full episode of your thoughts on new xcom.

Good call! Their back catalog is one of the finest in podcasting, be sure to check out the Fallout episode with the Chris Avellone interview.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Thank you to whoever turned me into a Lil Cutie. <3

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Pallas cats are great. Good call.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm listening to the Bioshock Infinite WOFF from the quarantine pack, and I know I'm way past the response deadline but it's funny that you picked their cover of Tainted Love as transition music because if you didn't already know, the version of Tainted Love from the 80s is itself a cover :eng101: The original was written in 1964 and first performed by Gloria Jones and it slaps-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJKe2j9Wjh4

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Boy, they're really socking it to those laughing guys at Lon Lon Ranch again. They must work at Duckfeed or something.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Great timing, Grimrock 2 is on sale on Steam.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The discussion about Cameo on the Silent Service episode is a delight. I also liked Gary touring a submarine led by a Navy vet who hated being in a sub

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I finished Hypnospace Outlaw last night and listened to the episode. What a brilliant game, also weirdly a love letter to this place? Especially after seeing what I can only assume is an old school SA username tag in the credits.

Anyway I really like the credits song, it feels incredibly relevant during quarantine. "Their shelves deserted and the checkout lines are longer than all the tinsel lighting up the trees. You let me down, Y2K."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INj74XRTXbM

e: There's some quality dog bark midi in this song too which I feel like Gary would appreciate.

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 6, 2020

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The Unfilmable episode about Color Out of Space was a delight, especially the discussion about the ninja turtles being Lovecraftian and essentially deep ones.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Do we know what the movie for adaptation decay got stereo "holy poo poo we just watched the worst thing" tweets from Gary and Khole was yet?

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Vince MechMahon posted:

Do we know what the movie for adaptation decay got stereo "holy poo poo we just watched the worst thing" tweets from Gary and Khole was yet?

if it's about the most recent one, it was Resident Evil Aftermath, and those tweets would be appropriate for that movie for sure

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zvahl posted:

if it's about the most recent one, it was Resident Evil Aftermath, and those tweets would be appropriate for that movie for sure

RE Afterlife is good, actually.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
still disagree but i mixed it up because the one they did was Apocalypse, which is still much worse than Afterlife no matter how you slice it

in my defense these movies have very stupid and forgettable names

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Hearing Gary’s Fred Stoller cameo gift to Kole was a highlight of my day. I hope there are more treasures to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zvahl posted:

still disagree but i mixed it up because the one they did was Apocalypse, which is still much worse than Afterlife no matter how you slice it

in my defense these movies have very stupid and forgettable names

Apocalypse is even better! It's got that guy with the gold guns who crashes his car while checking out zombie hookers. I mean, neither of them are as good as the 4th one, where Wesker finally comes in. I just expected something way worse than "these are dumb action movies" from those tweets. Like they did that new Doom movie, that's worth those tweets.