Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Besides the first image there, all of the rest of the rooms just seem too busy to me. The first one there is there to evoke a really thoughtful bathroom, but the others seems too busy to relax in as a bedroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Youth Decay posted:

The Zillow search term of the day is "geometric"

holy gently caress that bath tile is sexy

I'm a huge MC Escher fan, my dream is to somehow have a magical walk-in shower with like tessellations for tiles

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

actionjackson posted:

I'm a huge MC Escher fan, my dream is to somehow have a magical walk-in shower with like tessellations for tiles
this is the only one I could find with Escher-style tile

the rest of the house is ugly and boring though

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

actionjackson posted:

looks like Heath ceramics tiles in dwell patterns: https://www.heathceramics.com/collections/dwell-patterns

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

cheese eats mouse posted:

Trying to justify to myself the 1500 (+shipping) price tag of this pristine Paul McCobb desk. I have always loved the planner group. Shopping around this is about new price for a desk of similar size.

It seems to be the best size for the bedroom it's going to live in. Not adjustable, but I need to temper my expectations after finally seeing the new apartment this weekend. We're not moving for 2 years and I work from home every day now.

It's very pretty. I think I'd get annoyed with not being able to sit in the middle of the desk.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

actionjackson posted:

So you want a tiled bathroom :confused:

Seriously though, an Escher inspired tiled space is only as complex as the illusion you're trying to achieve. The tumbling blocks Youth Display posted is probably the easiest and most common, but there are some other geometric ones that are just as doable.

Or you could get a potter to make some custom tile.

Scratch all that. Hire this woman.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

knox_harrington posted:

It's very pretty. I think I'd get annoyed with not being able to sit in the middle of the desk.

They’re really trying to sell it by promising a refinishing if it comes back from staging with any issues.

I guess I’ll go check out a local one that is in black to see about the size.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

MetaJew posted:

I never put those two together, but I did my undergrad at UH and recognize exactly what you're talking about. I bet the construction of the buildings and his house are pretty close together. I can ask if he knows the origin of the stone.

I grabbed some leftover pieces of that stuff from a home I worked on that was bricked with it in the mid 90's iirc. Not enough left to do anything meaningful with, they're just scattered around the yard, lol.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Escher lizard pavers, found on Pinterest so of course no source.

This is essentially a windowpane quilt pattern. I have one but instead of black squares, it has kitten faces.

There are a lot of quilt patterns that would work well for tile, I think. Half square triangles, for instance.

Quilt

Tile

A search for "tessellation tile" brings up a lot of cool stuff as well

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

there wolf posted:

Or you could get a potter to make some custom tile.

I love this, particularly next to the stonework. :allears:

Reminds me that the stonemason guy was supposed to be sending a quote for my terrace and walls. The slow pace everything happens here is super frustrating.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Zillow search term of the day is "bold color"
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2141-Washington-St-E-Lewisburg-WV-24901/2094965812_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3913-N-Ocean-Blvd-North-Myrtle-Beach-SC-29582/69581775_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/427-Hampshire-Ave-San-Antonio-TX-78210/26132162_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/118-Karol-Dr-Havelock-NC-28532/78295771_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/78-State-St-Guilford-CT-06437/64719415_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/965-S-300-E-Salt-Lake-City-UT-84111/12756384_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/129-State-St-Portsmouth-NH-03801/113008801_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/113-Sunset-Ter-Amarillo-TX-79106/55593439_zpid/ this house is bonkers I love it

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know where I might find the hanging lamp in this picture?

https://www.houzz.com/hznb/photos/scandinavian-farmhouse-scandinavian-family-room-portland-phvw-vp~84300571

I don't know the first place to look or even how to describe it enough to hunt it down.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

Anyone know where I might find the hanging lamp in this picture?

https://www.houzz.com/hznb/photos/scandinavian-farmhouse-scandinavian-family-room-portland-phvw-vp~84300571

I don't know the first place to look or even how to describe it enough to hunt it down.

I'm on mobile but in most Houzz posts you can comment on the photo and ask the OP for info on a particular item.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This thread makes me feel so poor

like not only do I not have enough money to truly decorate to my tastes, I don't have such an egregious amount of money that my utter lack of taste ruins thousands of square feet

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

This thread makes me feel so poor

like not only do I not have enough money to truly decorate to my tastes, I don't have such an egregious amount of money that my utter lack of taste ruins thousands of square feet

I feel this in my bones

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

very horny for this color palette

I'm thinking about getting the modulicious dresser and nightstand in this palette, which would go along with the rest of my bedroom.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

what the gently caress is that double washer and dryer

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I watched Kelly Wearstler's Masterclass and it was... okay. Like it was more her talking about how she designs 400 million dollar hotels or artists penthouses and how to evaluate custom stonework and focal art

though there's a few interesting things, like how someone hid a bar underneath a staircase or a 20x20 fully-mirrored room dedicated to shoes and for some reason hosting parties inside of it, but nothing of any practical value

thought I'd save the thread the 15bux

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
This appeals to me, I like the color scheme, though having the tops of the cabinets not meeting the ceiling - and therefore becoming a grease / dust trap - bugs me.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I love this one but it feels very White House-y. The others are so bad

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

MetaJew posted:

I'm on mobile but in most Houzz posts you can comment on the photo and ask the OP for info on a particular item.

The OP hasn't responded to any questions in that particular thread in years, but I did some more digging and figured out what that light is:

https://www.rejuvenation.com/catalog/collections/conical-24in-drum-pendant/products/5c410d5fccf2f75022c24f16

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

PRADA SLUT posted:

I watched Kelly Wearstler's Masterclass and it was... okay. Like it was more her talking about how she designs 400 million dollar hotels or artists penthouses and how to evaluate custom stonework and focal art

though there's a few interesting things, like how someone hid a bar underneath a staircase or a 20x20 fully-mirrored room dedicated to shoes and for some reason hosting parties inside of it, but nothing of any practical value

thought I'd save the thread the 15bux

some of that stuff in the trailer looks absolute garbo

and no yellow does not make everyone happy

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 22, 2020

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PRADA SLUT posted:

I mean.....I get that with a house full of a lot of people, but off the kitchen? Get a laundry room you poor. Stop spending all you money on bad rear end stoves. Amirite?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I need something to keep my loveseat from slowly inching backward into the wall as it gets used. The leg sits about eight inches from the wall:

I'm debating either something to put on the feet to stop the slide, or some sort of clear acrylic/etc piece that spaces it away from the wall. No rug/carpet/etc

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Can anybody recommend a queen bed frame that's very sturdy and supports a headboard? It's really hard to tell whether any given frame on Amazon or Wayfair is any good. Wirecutter had one they recommended, but it was $300 plus shipping which seems a little more than I'd prefer to go for.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

PRADA SLUT posted:

I need something to keep my loveseat from slowly inching backward into the wall as it gets used. The leg sits about eight inches from the wall:

I'm debating either something to put on the feet to stop the slide, or some sort of clear acrylic/etc piece that spaces it away from the wall. No rug/carpet/etc

Can you get a couple planks of whatever laminate or hardwood your floor is made of? Then it would camouflage with the floor.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm not sure putting another plank would work, you would still definitely notice it.

you kind of need part of an office chair mat or something else clear.

Rand Brittain posted:

Can anybody recommend a queen bed frame that's very sturdy and supports a headboard? It's really hard to tell whether any given frame on Amazon or Wayfair is any good. Wirecutter had one they recommended, but it was $300 plus shipping which seems a little more than I'd prefer to go for.

before everyone yells at you, I will tell you that pretty much anything that cheap is going to be total crap if you are buying new. If that is your budget I would try craigslist - is this frame and slats? most beds like that already have some sort of headboard anyway.

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 22, 2020

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bolt it to the floor

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Motronic posted:

I mean.....I get that with a house full of a lot of people, but off the kitchen? Get a laundry room you poor. Stop spending all you money on bad rear end stoves. Amirite?

Some weird rear end kosher thing involving separate dishrags? High end In-home daycare or Cult?

That's all I got.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

nielsm posted:

It took me a while but yes, in the corner. It's not entirely a match but very much looks like one.

I just lurk this thread, so this is from 20 pages ago, but I've not seen anyone say it whenever this come up and it's come up a few times now: this a classical design from antiquity known as the Greek Meander and unfortunately the corner does look like a swastika, however I'm certain from the on the Art Deco tile scheme, the age and wear of the tiles and installation technique that it's the former, not the latter.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

actionjackson posted:

before everyone yells at you, I will tell you that pretty much anything that cheap is going to be total crap if you are buying new. If that is your budget I would try craigslist - is this frame and slats? most beds like that already have some sort of headboard anyway.

The thing is that somebody gave me a headboard and mattress as a birthday gift, but the frame that came with the Nectar mattress doesn't actually support a headboard. Apparently the headboard can't be attached to the wall, either.

I'm looking for a bed that isn't too high-profile, since the bed is visible from all the way down the hallway, although that may contradict the headboard thing. Is $300 really the minimum I can expect to pay for a decent bed frame?

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

The thing is that somebody gave me a headboard and mattress as a birthday gift, but the frame that came with the Nectar mattress doesn't actually support a headboard. Apparently the headboard can't be attached to the wall, either.

I'm looking for a bed that isn't too high-profile, since the bed is visible from all the way down the hallway, although that may contradict the headboard thing. Is $300 really the minimum I can expect to pay for a decent bed frame?

What’s wrong with the kd frames nomad ($220) and zinus moiz ($145) on that same page

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Mr. Mambold posted:

Some weird rear end kosher thing involving separate dishrags? High end In-home daycare or Cult?

That's all I got.
The double stove/sinks/dishwashers imply it's a kosher thing (but not a common kosher thing, even among the ultra-Orthodox it's accepted that washing meat and dairy stained dishrags is fine). The lack of mezuzot on any of the doorframes and the Virgin Mary and Jesus painting in the family room suggests that the current owners are not Jewish.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

hypnophant posted:

What’s wrong with the kd frames nomad ($220) and zinus moiz ($145) on that same page

You can't attach a headboard to them.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

You can't attach a headboard to them.

They’re solid wood, you can attach whatever you like to them. How were you planning to attach the headboard to anything else?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

D-LINK posted:

I just lurk this thread, so this is from 20 pages ago, but I've not seen anyone say it whenever this come up and it's come up a few times now: this a classical design from antiquity known as the Greek Meander and unfortunately the corner does look like a swastika, however I'm certain from the on the Art Deco tile scheme, the age and wear of the tiles and installation technique that it's the former, not the latter.

that's it, we've come full hitler

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

these lights are so cool. I know the arco is the most notable FLOS product but I prefer these :p

https://usa.flos.com/ic-lights/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

hypnophant posted:

They’re solid wood, you can attach whatever you like to them. How were you planning to attach the headboard to anything else?

...screws?

I dunno, I trusted the review when it said "you can't attach a headboard."

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

PRADA SLUT posted:

The little round rubber anti slip pads are the obvious answer. I use these on my couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

actionjackson posted:

these lights are so cool. I know the arco is the most notable FLOS product but I prefer these :p

https://usa.flos.com/ic-lights/

I almost ended up with some of those, they look great in person and are good to slide behind a couch, esp against a wall