Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

Eat This Glob posted:

that's entirely fine, but who else is klobb going to attract except minnesotans? she did ok in ia/nh i guess and then bounced.

He's going for the radical centrist vote. I'm being serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Eat This Glob posted:

that's entirely fine, but who else is klobb going to attract except minnesotans? she did ok in ia/nh i guess and then bounced.

I don't know, but I suspect that Biden's going to run as a crypto-Republican so she'd be a good fit in that case: Boring, white, noncontroversial politics, and her worst "scandal" is that she's an rear end in a top hat boss. You're not going to peel off a lot of Trump voters but you'll probably pull a shitload of suburbanites.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Biden picks Bob Dole as his VP

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Tunicate posted:

Biden picks Bob Dole as his VP

The New York Times can reuse their crossword from 5th November 1996

39. The headline of tomorrow's newspaper (!), with 43. across.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Vox Nihili posted:

Far from being an enthusiastic Imperialist, he was an instrument of empire *the "Words Mean Things" siren begins wailing frantically*

So you’re saying Captain Cook was probably gay?

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Delthalaz posted:

I don't know what your joke is, but I can now say that spaghetti is straight until you Captain Cook it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Username opportunity

the Aging Defender has logged on.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
When my grandpa died my grandma was worried about robbers breaking in when she was all alone so I helped her buy a .38 and put some short rounds in it and then we went to the range and she shot it until she felt comfortable. She wasn't particularly interested in guns so she only wanted to learn to shoot accurately to about 5 yards, which was the distance from her bed to her bedroom door. Once every year I came over and cleaned it and replaced her box of rounds with a fresh one. I got that gun when she died.

Good memory about an aging defender. It's a funny article, but I think that older people keeping a pistol in their bedside drawer in case of a break-in is pretty sensible.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Delthalaz posted:

Nah

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

who will be the lucky corpse that halves masts

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Himbo Slice is a good username

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Here is a 2 minute compilation of Karens refusing to wear masks
https://twitter.com/AnthonyJBS93/status/1263221189184565252

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Username opportunity
living in chud country and not far from where that boomer shot that church shooter in the head from 30 feet away, the boomers seemed to develop an extra spring in their step after that happened. like sitting in a jack in the box waiting for my tacos (they taste like cardboard but i strangely love them) and a random dude in his 60s strikes up a conversation about it. the old men "still got it" and they've gotta let millennial me know in case we get some funny ideas

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

living in chud country and not far from where that boomer shot that church shooter in the head from 30 feet away, the boomers seemed to develop an extra spring in their step after that happened. like sitting in a jack in the box waiting for my tacos (they taste like cardboard but i strangely love them) and a random dude in his 60s strikes up a conversation about it. the old men "still got it" and they've gotta let millennial me know in case we get some funny ideas

I was once shooting guns with a pretty new acquaintance (what’s the worst that could happen) and he made a big point/show about safety, ear protection. Not that that’s bad, but it definitely felt a little compensating, or something. I hadn’t shot much prior so I was like sure, I’ll take earplugs.

He started talking about local law and I asked “do you have a concealed carry?” without realizing that because he had a pistol permit, that was also a concealed carry permit. I thought they were two different things.

Dude, muffled by earplugs, thought I said “Do you concealed carry?” and proceeded to regale me with how he’d carry “downtown” and poo poo “just in case.” At first I was embarrassed that he misunderstood my question until I realized he was just waiting to spill all those deets about when he could have a gun near “criminals.”

A tale old as time.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

I don't know, but I suspect that Biden's going to run as a crypto-Republican so she'd be a good fit in that case: Boring, white, noncontroversial politics, and her worst "scandal" is that she's an rear end in a top hat boss. You're not going to peel off a lot of Trump voters but you'll probably pull a shitload of suburbanites.

Crypto-republicans don't peel off any suburbanites because they're often running against actual-republicans but that's never stopped the democrats before

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

LastInLine posted:

Crypto-republicans don't peel off any suburbanites because they're often running against actual-republicans but that's never stopped the democrats before

I think he's resting the whole campaign on the premise that center-right white Americans will vote for him out of a desire for normalcy and that the left will hold their nose out of a desire to get rid of Trump.

gently caress if I'm voting for him, but that looks like his plan.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
Biden said not to vote for him and I respect that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I said elsewhere it's probably not even that- the Dems have gone literally all in on the NeverTrumpers and see this as their salvation myth finally playing out of the Reasonable Republicans riding over the hill to unite against all those shouty rude extremists who actually talk about problems.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Eat This Glob posted:

poo poo, Mondale is still alive, isn't he? thatd make biden seem young and spritely

al gore is younger than biden, sanders, and trump

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

Biden said not to vote for him and I respect that.

That is literally his only consistent position.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I said elsewhere it's probably not even that- the Dems have gone literally all in on the NeverTrumpers and see this as their salvation myth finally playing out of the Reasonable Republicans riding over the hill to unite against all those shouty rude extremists who actually talk about problems.

Yeah the dream of Democrats is to just win entirely off white suburbanites. The stuff they do to court the left, like halfassedly pretending to support Medicare for All as long as the next elections is at least a year away, they hate that. They don't want to do that. Democrats want to be the managers of the system as it is. And if they can pull enough "moderate" Republicans away to combine with their existing educated white voters, along with their captive older black voters who they assume they'll never lose, then they'll be able to do it.

That's why people are off base when they criticize Dems chasing moderate Republicans as bad electoral strategy. It's not just an electoral strategy to the Dems, building that coalition is their overall political goal.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gripweed posted:

Yeah the dream of Democrats is to just win entirely off white suburbanites. The stuff they do to court the left, like halfassedly pretending to support Medicare for All as long as the next elections is at least a year away, they hate that. They don't want to do that. Democrats want to be the managers of the system as it is. And if they can pull enough "moderate" Republicans away to combine with their existing educated white voters, along with their captive older black voters who they assume they'll never lose, then they'll be able to do it.

That's why people are off base when they criticize Dems chasing moderate Republicans as bad electoral strategy. It's not just an electoral strategy to the Dems, building that coalition is their overall political goal.

With the punchline being Republicans know this, have known it for decades, and their entire political project is to make sure it never even has the longest possible shot to actually happen.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Gripweed posted:

That's ridic-

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1263812635235102721

oh

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

joe biden is the true arbiter of blackness

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hotep Biden

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol
"First off, our manager was saying go back to your country to an Eastern European Man, not a black man like you said initially. Secondly, you're trying to defame me"

https://www.cleveland.com/court-jus...?outputType=amp

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

lol
"First off, our manager was saying go back to your country to an Eastern European Man, not a black man like you said initially. Secondly, you're trying to defame me"

https://www.cleveland.com/court-jus...?outputType=amp

might come as a surprise, but the Townhall owners are big ol trump supporters and huge assholes

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oh yea, its locally known to those that care, because they hosted a bunch of RNC and trump stuff when it was here

what a weird and magical time - i met vermin supreme. i gotta find that pic....

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1263803027401523203

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
oops lol

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Where'd you get a picture of my dad's fishing vest?

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1263561557415473156

Check out replies for people not understanding this sarcasm.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

xesus christ xeni

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

this is fine

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lolstralia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsWTuzE21e0

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

https://mobile.twitter.com/johncardillo/status/1263816200334737408

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1263477145810042880?s=19

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

more falafel please posted:

xesus christ xeni
Who is that? Is that a liberal trying to be funny or a leftist trying to create cursed content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Who is that? Is that a liberal trying to be funny or a leftist trying to create cursed content

A third option, sincere liberal