Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
He wears it over a gauntlet. You gotta assume some times he takes the gauntlet off.

So what are you going to do, have a huge gauntlet ring that's too big on your bare finger?

You newbs. You dweebs. You unimaginative non-attention-paying dorks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

He wears it over a gauntlet. You gotta assume some times he takes the gauntlet off.

So what are you going to do, have a huge gauntlet ring that's too big on your bare finger?

You newbs. You dweebs. You unimaginative non-attention-paying dorks.

Does he take off the armor to go swimming

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Do you think Sauron, Lord of Darkness, has time for such foolish pursuits as swimming?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Everyone's got hobbies :shrug:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Memento posted:

Do you think Sauron, Lord of Darkness, has time for such foolish pursuits as swimming?

He spent time making jewelry instead of just enchanting his skeleton

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Yes, but...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It is the trajectory of every lich worth his salt to become a demilich, which is basically just a floating skull, at which point the ring becomes a headband

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Sauron evolved via a chain of story edits from Morgoth's pet cat, and Tolkien was big on negative cat stereotypes. Obviously he didn't swim.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

motoh posted:

https://twitter.com/robmichel_art/status/1263578598729900032

I can only hope this is the end of #sailormoonredraw because it is certainly the apex.

this was the apex

https://twitter.com/CandideKun/status/1262574225409208322

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Just to add another reason the eagles wouldn't have worked that no ones mentioned but is pretty loving important and that's, that the plan was primarily a stealth mission. It all relied on the fact that Sauron didn't even conceive of the idea that anyone would try destroy the ring.

If he found out that was the plan then Mt Doom would be on permanent lockdown 100% of the time. He sure as poo poo wouldn't be falling for the old "just empty Mordor and come get me bro" trick Aragon pulls on him to clear the way for Frodo.

It's why Gandalf shits the bed when Pippin looks into the Palantir because he thinks he might have given the game away.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Pretty sure that the reason they got hobbits to carry the ring is that they're all so mindnumbingly stupid that the ring has no effect. Everybody else with a couple brain cells to rub together is either trying to get at it or desperately trying to not touch it. Pippin and Merry were just too dumb even for hobbits to take it or really just travel without getting themselves killed

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzuMBPZZI_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVydNw-LMQM

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

This is art my dudes

:wedass:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mauser posted:

Pretty sure that the reason they got hobbits to carry the ring is that they're all so mindnumbingly stupid that the ring has no effect. Everybody else with a couple brain cells to rub together is either trying to get at it or desperately trying to not touch it. Pippin and Merry were just too dumb even for hobbits to take it or really just travel without getting themselves killed

Gollum was a hobbit who wore/carried the ring for long periods and well, became Gollum

Though you're still pretty much right in that they can't think of poo poo to do with it

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Do you think sauron lays eggs and if he does, what do they smell like

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Disagree

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Has Sauron ever felt his hog the finest pair of anime tiddies?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

RFC2324 posted:

i've known some halfling rogues who might be able to pull it off, and halflings are just hobbit imitators, so

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Gollum was a hobbit who wore/carried the ring for long periods and well, became Gollum

Though you're still pretty much right in that they can't think of poo poo to do with it

Yeah, when Samwise is tempted he's tempted by the idea of having a super awesome garden and then overcomes said temptation by going "but I can have that already."

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Yestermoment posted:

Has Sauron ever felt his hog the finest pair of anime tiddies?

The events of Lord of the Rings canonically take place in our world around 6000 years ago. We also know that the maiar, of whom Sauron is perhaps the best known aside only from Gandalf, can see the future to some extent. So it is not only entirely possible that Sauron watched anime, but actually, I would contend, quite likely. In this essay I will discuss-

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Carmen Sandiego?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

well yeah exactly. boromir saw the ring from a distance for like thirty seconds and immediately started scheming to use it to take over middle-earth. smeagol had the ring in his possession for centuries and all he did was talk about how pretty it was.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Sagebrush posted:

well yeah exactly. boromir saw the ring from a distance for like thirty seconds and immediately started scheming to use it to take over middle-earth. smeagol had the ring in his possession for centuries and all he did was talk about how pretty it was.

Being a Hobbit originally Gollum was inclined to simpler pleasures. His mind didn't have the space for grand schemes. Humans, however, are the real virus, and

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This is still the best parody of that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV9K8F6bE-Q

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mauser posted:

All hobbits want is to be left alone, and thus, when they put it on they go invisible. They don't give a poo poo about plots and plans, only pots and pans (sorry).

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Fister Roboto posted:

Everyone's got hobbits :shrug:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Fister Roboto posted:

Everyone's got hobbitses :shrug:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
THEY STOLES IT FROM US PRECIOUSSSSSSS

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Gollum just wanted to dine on some delicious fish. Me and the rest of the sardine thread understand him perfectly.

e: meme tax, but with fish

barbecue at the folks has a new favorite as of 09:32 on May 22, 2020

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

bike tory posted:

The events of Lord of the Rings canonically take place in our world around 6000 years ago. We also know that the maiar, of whom Sauron is perhaps the best known aside only from Gandalf, can see the future to some extent. So it is not only entirely possible that Sauron watched anime, but actually, I would contend, quite likely. In this essay I will discuss Galadriel's husband's name.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

bike tory posted:

The events of Lord of the Rings canonically take place in our world around 6000 years ago. We also know that the maiar, of whom Sauron is perhaps the best known aside only from Gandalf, can see the future to some extent. So it is not only entirely possible that Sauron watched anime, but actually, I would contend, quite likely. In this essay I will discuss-

Maybe Sauron saw the future and was just trying to protect the world from Men? He would have seen all the races that would die off or "leave" in the relatively near future: elves, dwarfs, hobbits, giant eagles, ents, trolls, etc. All gone, with only Men left standing. Men go on to eradicate thousands more species, whether sapient or animal. And all that's just a warm up before we even develop explosives, chemical weapons, biological weapons, nukes, and go on to carelessly roast and poison the planet and potentially render it uninhabitable for Men ourselves.

Ironically his attempts to stop the scourge of Man from over running the world ended up turning Mordor into a copy of the blighted future he was trying to prevent. :shrug:

Or maybe he just a dick.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

If the ring makes people invisible but Sauron’s armor is visible while wearing it, that implies he made special armor that is immune to the effects of the ring therefore, he made anti-invisibility armor to go with his invisibility ring.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Are Internet Historian (Incognito mode) videos considered memes? they look like a long meme and his ads are memes. (I'll remove the link if not ok)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPlFdIpgioI

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Isn't he a nazi?

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Who the gently caress plays Giant Spider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It doesn't make people invisible it makes hobbits invisible