Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I'm genuinely curious now. What are examples if natural occurring reflective surfaces? Obviously, there's water. But other than a particularly smooth piece of obsidian, or some incredibly precious gemstone which eroded just right. I'm drawing a blank. Maybe some salts or metals

Any geologists ITT?

Also, I guess I should specify. Reflective in the sense that you could sort of make out a person in the reflection. Everything visible by daylight is reflective.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 09:21 on May 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The eyes of your lover

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pyroclastic posted:

I'm outraged because the first telescope without mirrors (a refractor; 1608) predates the first telescope with mirrors (a reflector; 1668)!

Alas, Galileo's treatises on space vampires were destroyed in his dispute with the church.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Heath posted:

The eyes of your lover

I specified natural occurring, i.e. existing ones. :smith:

But now I imagine a story where some lady is locking eyes with her new lover, but her stalker is staring at her so intensely that he notices the vampire lack of reflection in there.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm genuinely curious now. What are examples if natural occurring reflective surfaces? Obviously, there's water. But other than a particularly smooth piece of obsidian, or some incredibly precious gemstone which eroded just right. I'm drawing a blank. Maybe some salts or metals

Any geologists ITT?

Also, I guess I should specify. Reflective in the sense that you could sort of make out a person in the reflection. Everything visible by daylight is reflective.

You can make a mirror out of obsidian
Edit: i did not read your post completely...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cant cook creole bream posted:

I specified natural occurring, i.e. existing ones. :smith:

But now I imagine a story where some lady is locking eyes with her new lover, but her stalker is staring at her so intensely that he notices the vampire lack of reflection in there.

I could swear there was a horror story with someone being chased by an evil being who could only attack him when it was being reflected. He ended up breaking all the mirrors in his house, only to doomed when he sees this being in his lover's eyes.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I could swear there was a horror story with someone being chased by an evil being who could only attack him when it was being reflected. He ended up breaking all the mirrors in his house, only to doomed when he sees this being in his lover's eyes.

Feels like something that could be in one of EC's horror comics (which were often adaptations from short stories)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Carthag Tuek posted:

Feels like something that could be in one of EC's horror comics (which were often adaptations from short stories)

It was a short story.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It was an Amazing Stories starring Sam Waterston, directed by Scorsese
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511104/

Edit: Maybe you read the novelizations?
https://www.amazon.com/Steven-Spielbergs-Amazing-Stories-v/dp/0708836712

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 17:58 on May 22, 2020

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

AFewBricksShy posted:

It was an Amazing Stories starring Sam Waterston, directed by Scorsese
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0511104/

That sounds like the right story, but I read, not watched it. Can't seem to find if it's based on a short story; maybe what I read was an unauthorized adaptation.

In any event, thanks, sorry for the derail!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
People, you guys know that you can just polish and smooth stone right? Like, this isn't something that you need to have discovered iron working yet to do.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Arrhythmia posted:

People, you guys know that you can just polish and smooth stone right? Like, this isn't something that you need to have discovered iron working yet to do.

Lookit this jackass, waltzing in and trying to dispute goons' natural evolution

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Ok this is funny.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Why is the roc wearing a dragon costume tho

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Nevermind

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sleve McDichael posted:

Holy poo poo, this is the day I never thought would come: I just laughed at Achewood :aaaaa:

Congrats on your newfound sense of humor

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Oh cool, i learned something from the comics thread, thanks

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Has anyone ever asked Watterson what he thought of Calvin peeing on everything?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's called the Isosceles Lock.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

bony tony posted:

It's called the Isosceles Lock.

I didn't know the guys from ABBA were Calvin and Hobbes fans!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Where do I read the latest Meg Mogg and Owls? I read this entire animal crossing arc and it ended with warlock paul's mom's death? And when I remembered to go look again , from hanselmann's twitter bio's links, it said i needed an instagram account to read so it made me think I was in the wrong place. Does anyone have a link that doesn't require an instagram account to read?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Krinkle posted:

Where do I read the latest Meg Mogg and Owls? I read this entire animal crossing arc and it ended with warlock paul's mom's death? And when I remembered to go look again , from hanselmann's twitter bio's links, it said i needed an instagram account to read so it made me think I was in the wrong place. Does anyone have a link that doesn't require an instagram account to read?

The webcomics thread in CCCC.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Krinkle posted:

Warlock Paul? You mean Mike?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It takes like 30 seconds to make a throwaway instagram

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah I joined Instagram the other week just so I could read MM&O. I hosed up and didn't use a throwaway email address to confirm my application and I ended up getting 'followed' by a bunch of my friends, who no doubt expected me to follow them back.

No gently caress off, I'm not here to see even more photos of your food and your ugly children, I just want to read a hosed up webcomic :mad:

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Fritzi savage AF.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah I joined Instagram the other week just so I could read MM&O. I hosed up and didn't use a throwaway email address to confirm my application and I ended up getting 'followed' by a bunch of my friends, who no doubt expected me to follow them back.

No gently caress off, I'm not here to see even more photos of your food and your ugly children, I just want to read a hosed up webcomic :mad:

Imagine having friends. LAME!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

What even is Instagram

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Captain Hygiene posted:

What even is Instagram

A mistake.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rolo posted:

Has anyone ever asked Watterson what he thought of Calvin peeing on everything?

He was not a fan. Not because of the peeing, really, he just didn't want it merchandised. He sued, and the judge said, iirc, he had waited too long to do anything about it.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

The Chad Satan and the virgin birth

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I don't think this is right but I don't know enough about bees to correct it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

I'm a beelogist and I can tell you they are much smaller than that, and also only speak German.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

No it's true, every bee has a round, deliciously sculpted butt from which they poop honey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hmm, thinking about licking some bee assholes