Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Childhood obesity? LMFO

The "actually that's not how space works" killed me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

Was Carol a reference to some obscure piece of vampire pop culture or was she just supposed to be a... vampire porcupine mutant?

Carol looks like a C.H.U.D.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087015/

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
She looks like a Nosferatu to me.

Nandor, Lazlo and Nadja are all obviously Malkavians, and Colinrobinson is a Kindred of the East.

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006
Carol was loving terrifying and the name Carol was great. She almost gave me a Buffy monster vibe.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

She looks like a Nosferatu to me.

Nandor, Lazlo and Nadja are all obviously Malkavians, and Colinrobinson is a Kindred of the East.

Malkavians whose derangements are that they think they're Ventrue.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I just rewatched in the middle of the night here and holy poo poo yes carol was terrifying.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lazslo and Nadja are obviously Toreadors

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Why am I just realizing that Colin Robinson is Nate from the office. Goddamn he’s delightful.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
They are on fire this season.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I loved the Neil Patrick Harris reference.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oasx posted:

I loved the Neil Patrick Harris reference.

Each has a taller forehead than the last.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
BE YOU VAMPIYAHHHH?!

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Carol is what happens when you turn Baron Afanas’ familiar. Definitely gave off Deep One vibes though the quills were a strange touch, but honestly I didn’t think she was supposed to even be a vampire when they introduced her, just some other creature.

I really do love how there are “Dracula” vampires (the main cast) and “Nosferatu” vampires. And Babadooks (or one Badabook) though I always assumed that was more of a ghost. :thunk: But what do I know, I’m food.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

"Badabing, Badabook" is still one of my favorite lines from the show.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

delfin posted:

Slightly disappointed that Simon the Devious and his crew returned, but Little Vlad (who's a loving MANIAC!) didn't make it

I sure hope Mister Fifties is okay... :ohdear:

Nandor thinking he did a good job of throwing suspicion off of Guillermo was great.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

LadyPictureShow posted:

I sure hope Mister Fifties is okay... :ohdear:

Nandor thinking he did a good job of throwing suspicion off of Guillermo was great.

Mr. 50's showed up at the orgy episode, he is fine, except for half his face

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Arglebargle III posted:

It's uuuup.

I feel like even though people say gently caress on this show all the time I was surprised the spanish swearing wasn't bleeped.

For real. Guillermo's ¡Chinga! Caught me off guard in a way Nandor's "fuh-king guuuuuuy" doesnt anymore.

poo poo, that makes a lot of sense, particuarly where we first meet her.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Natasia1andonly/status/1263930984136953856?s=20

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

Lazslo and Nadja are obviously Toreadors

Malkavians whose derangement is that they think they are Toreadors.

Also, great news on the renewal!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That's not enough! We need a hundred seasons at least!

But seriously, glad this show is still going strong.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Malkavians whose derangement is that they think they are Toreadors.

Also, great news on the renewal!

Ugh, I had managed to stop thinking about VTMB until now. I'm going to have to reinstall it again to tide me over till VTMB2 comes out.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Underrated moment from last nights episode: Nadja consoling Lazslo that Nick Kroll wouldn't steal her away, when he was talking about the stupid hat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bYY8m1Lb2I

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Interesting thing from the article announcing the renewal is that ratings are up significantly from s1.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

muscles like this! posted:

Interesting thing from the article announcing the renewal is that ratings are up significantly from s1.

Makes sense, this show just keeps topping itself with every episode

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Probably the pandemic and more ubiquitous Hulu is helping too.

Plus it’s hilarious.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

muscles like this! posted:

That's so great to hear, I want as many people as possible to enjoy this wonderful show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Makes sense, this show just keeps topping itself with every episode

Yeah, you can tell they were getting there with Season 1 but they really stepped it up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am so glad we're getting another season, gently caress yes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jerkface posted:

Underrated moment from last nights episode: Nadja consoling Lazslo that Nick Kroll wouldn't steal her away, when he was talking about the stupid hat.

She's much too good for him

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Milo and POTUS posted:

She's much too good for him

I dunno, I actually think they're a good match. They're both narcissistic and hedonistic, but they still care about each other a lot and make each other happy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nadja is totally a female Laszlo and vice versa. They're perfect for each other

A few episodes back with the painting

"That's my vulva!" :haw:
"It sure is!" :haw:
"Don't look, Guillermo"
"Oh, I don't care!"

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

same thing happened when they were going to murder the neighbor who "figured out" they were vampires. After wiping tony antaminuk's brain, they showed him the time of his life. Nadja scurried up the wall and lifted her dress at the neighbor.

"Sorry lazslo!" Nadja yelled after flashing the guy a whole bunch of fabric under the dress.

"I dont care," laszlo replied

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Nadja is the smartest of the three, but Lazlo has the most flair.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
We mean no harm, we're just walking in your poo poo pipe.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

precision posted:

Nadja is totally a female Laszlo and vice versa. They're perfect for each other

A few episodes back with the painting

"That's my vulva!" :haw:
"It sure is!" :haw:
"Don't look, Guillermo"
"Oh, I don't care!"

Nadja and Laszlo are the new Morticia & Gomez Addams.

PLEASE PASS THE WORD

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It really is amazing how just how much dumber nandor is than even the other two

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah one of the subtle things I've liked this season is they've shown that Nadja and Lazlo's relationship does work, in its way.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

It really is amazing how just how much dumber nandor is than even the other two

Nandor was royalty, he didn't need to be smart.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I like how Nadia is a firm believer in female emancipation, of course her way of achieving it is to turn women into vampires. I also like how Nadia totally nails the punk look in the photos in the opening credits while Lazlo just looks goofy .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
some interesting details from this episode:

• Carol apparently came with the poo poo-pipe.
  • Simon having a Zune is consistent with vampires being idiots about technology.
  • Did you notice? The candelabra on top of Simon's piano is made from garbage: a spare tire and upturned office chair casters.