Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The more I look at it the more the panel 3 perspective might be just a little bit creepy to experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I bet Kat made another Anni. Robo Anni...or Ranni.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A.I.nnie

EDIT NO WAIT THE JOKE'S BETTER IF IT'S ANNA.I., DARN IT I BIFFED

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It's a dimensional portal and/or time machine

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Anni.exe

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CJacobs posted:

A.I.nnie

EDIT NO WAIT THE JOKE'S BETTER IF IT'S ANNA.I., DARN IT I BIFFED
Antimon.A.I.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Antimony Parser

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I've always thought that the interpreter's answer was phrased in a way that doesn't necessarily mean "the Annie that was previously in this timeline is gone" but rather "no Annie 'should' be here because something about her is uniquely unnatural". Kat even immediately asked "what do you mean" and was denied clarification.

If I'm going to turn out to be right, this seems like the scene where the proof would drop.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 22, 2020

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
roll d20 to save against kat saying "it's not finished yet" come monday

edit:

Alright we're good carry on.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Kat has been making a gun so the Annies can defend themselves against future kidnapping attempts by any alternate timeline Kats

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i'm thinking everything Annies do to remind Kat they're pretty much the same person, with minor circumstantial differences, as "her" annie is paining her because she's working on a way to get that annie back and because they'd have to be a part of it she doesn't know exactly what will happen to them in the process

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
More infinite hotel shenanigans. Three Annies for all!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Lol that's the arrow room. She said she wasn't gonna use that thing again didn't she?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I’ve made my own Annie! With blackjack! And hookers!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
"So I decided to grow my own Annie. Except I kind of hosed up, so, uh, say hi to Annie C, D and F? And don't ask me about Annie E, please."

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
She created the universe's greatest crime: a bigger boxbot.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Phoneposting, please imagine I posted an image of the Morty-machine from the first season of Rick and Morty, but with a different face of Annie in distress superimposed over each of the Morties faces.

Kat, in the foreground: "I don't know why I did this."

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
So she (and every other Kat) used the arrow and found the home universe of each Annie. Maybe even has an experimental portal running. Good news everyone, the Hotel problem is solved! I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Now we can send both Annies that don't belong in this dimension home and subsequently have zero Annies in this dimension! Uh, wait

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
If the Kat in every universe with two Annies sends their two Annies back, one will step into a universe that hasn't had an Annie for 6+ months, and the other will step into a universe exactly like the one she left, replacing the two Annies with the one that "belongs."

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

If the Kat in every universe with two Annies sends their two Annies back, one will step into a universe that hasn't had an Annie for 6+ months, and the other will step into a universe exactly like the one she left, replacing the two Annies with the one that "belongs."

What about the universes that have exactly one Annie, shifted from an universe that presently has zero Annies in place of an Annie that has been shifted into an universe that as a result has two Annies? How would anyone in that universe, including the Annie currently there, tell that she's not the Annie that should be there, and thus how would Kat know that she should send "her" Annie back?

E: Wow, that post made a lot more sense in my head. gently caress it, I'm keeping it as it is.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

She built a big sign that says "No, you shouldn't be here!"

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

What about the universes that are SUPPOSED to have two Annies. Or the universes where Kat just decides to hoard Annies.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Background music for this page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2spjqRmQGRA

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I really want the discovery to be a schematic from a future Kat, who is still struggling on the lateral aspect of time travel. Making her the third person in the room to copy Kat's homework.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

One step closer to Crisis on Infinite Annies.

Can you reverse the grand hotel? Remove an infinite number of guests from infinite rooms and still have a full hotel? I think it's probably relevant to returning the Annies.

(I'm still not looking forward to Annie going back to being one character. This format has been really fun to read.)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Warmachine posted:

One step closer to Crisis on Infinite Annies.

Can you reverse the grand hotel? Remove an infinite number of guests from infinite rooms and still have a full hotel? I think it's probably relevant to returning the Annies.

(I'm still not looking forward to Annie going back to being one character. This format has been really fun to read.)

Yep, just do exactly the same as filling it but backwards.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Yep, just do exactly the same as filling it but backwards.

Good, my intuition was right then. Kat shouldn't have any issues, aside from running afoul of the laws the authorities put in place to prevent any Grand Hotel fuckery.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
is this gonna be a Steins;gate reference

has kat discovered how to cross World Lines?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Goddamn Friday cliffhangers

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think I've said it before but I've enjoyed two Annies too much to expect to enjoy there only being one again. Annie needs a sister

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
and we'll then meet the two Kats from the two universes the Annies are from, so they can be reunited with their friends.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
It's a window to another Court much like ours but there are zeppelins and Mort is still alive but he has a cool scar. Their Annie is missing and it turns out their Kat has been waging a secret shadow war against our Kat who she blames for stealing their Annie.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Kat tests her portal by sending an object through. The same object reappears in her lab, but her analysis concludes its from a different universe.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh yeah that reminds me, when you die in the french version of Dark Souls it says VOUS ETES MORT, and I know that just means 'you died' but every time I giggle because it looks like it says 'you are Mort' thanks to gunnerkrigg.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Maldraedior posted:

It's a window to another Court much like ours but there are zeppelins and Mort is still alive but he has a cool scar. Their Annie is missing and it turns out their Kat has been waging a secret shadow war against our Kat who she blames for stealing their Annie.

As long as characters don't start getting amnesia or swapped out with alternates every time they have some big emotional breakthrough, that wouldn't be so bad.

I don't think we're going to be that lucky though.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Maldraedior posted:

is this the same window from fringe

is john noble involved

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
It turns out this is all Muut's fault for walking in and distracting Coyote when he was supposed to be hiding time magic from future Loup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Maldraedior posted:

In the other universe, Robot is gold, Annie has purple hair and Renard is in a toy bear instead of wolf