Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Technically that's because of the preorder discount import sites offer, but since they offer it on everything there's little reason to shop on BBTS unless you missed preorders usually. The higher shipping is always offset by the savings.

I'm curious if it's even a real discount, or they do the thing Amazon does with physical media and British grocery stores do with videogames where they're always sold at 30% off and framed as a deal.

Not that I care either way since it saves me money regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, I will never buy from BBTS unless it's for something already released and otherwise not available. The import sites are always much cheaper.

And regarding the shipping panic, if you choose DHL shipping, you're good. DHL delivers so incredibly quickly that I had something in hand two days after it shipped from Japan to south Florida. It's kinda spooky.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nanigans posted:

Yeah, I will never buy from BBTS unless it's for something already released and otherwise not available. The import sites are always much cheaper.

And regarding the shipping panic, if you choose DHL shipping, you're good. DHL delivers so incredibly quickly that I had something in hand two days after it shipped from Japan to south Florida. It's kinda spooky.

Right but DHL's cost may negate your savings. It certainly does for me in Canada but it might be better for you Americans.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Ah, yeah.

DHL is like $16 here, which still makes it a much better deal than BBTS especially when I'm bundling shipping that month on Figuarts Beskar Mando, Figuarts Baby Yoda and Revoltech All Might. BBTS also always gets their stuff in a month later.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Nanigans posted:

I’ve primarily used BBTS in the past, likely due to laziness - suggestions on the best import sites to use instead?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

sticksy posted:

I’ve primarily used BBTS in the past, likely due to laziness - suggestions on the best import sites to use instead?

Amazon JP, Amiami and Hobby Link Japan.

Be warned with Amiami that they do not let you cancel orders whenever. You have to make a written request to cancel and if you do it too often, they ban you from buying from them.

I've had to do it once or twice, and if you give them a good reason, they're pretty good about it. But yeah, be conscious of it if you buy from them. They usually have the best preorder discounts to make up for it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you buy a lot, probably Amiami. You can combine orders for cheaper shipping and schedule stuff a bit better with them than anyone else. Plus you get some reward points that knock a bit off your orders.

If you're just buying one in stock thing it can be cheaper from Hobby Link because Amiami shipping can cost a bit more.

I've heard good things about Amazon Japan too but never used it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Will Amiami combine orders across months? I’ve got Mafex Miles in June allegedly, and Yamaguchi Deku in August, and if they can ship together, that would be great.

Also I might get that All Might too...

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I don't think so. The option they always give me is "combine with my monthly order" so I think same-month is the best they can do.

I don't think they have a Pile of Loot feature like BBTS, but Hobby Link Japan DOES have that feature. It's called "personal warehouse" or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Which is deeply annoying right now with no Japan post.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/GetDisneyPrime/status/1263197190140440580?s=20

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Found these in Walmart today while looking for hand sanitizer for work. I feel like a kid again.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
They also rereleased the four actual Ghostbusters figures. If anyone happens to find a set of the four guys and can ship them, I'll pay you back immediately and be eternally grateful.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

They also rereleased the four actual Ghostbusters figures. If anyone happens to find a set of the four guys and can ship them, I'll pay you back immediately and be eternally grateful.

Apparently Walmart will be getting another round of them soon, so you won’t have long to wait.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fuckin armored 90's Daredevil

and a Gwen/MJ figure with swappable heads? That's an oddly specific fantasy.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Surprised no one has mentioned these:

I'm 100% a DC guy, but depending on how that unmasked sculpt looks, I might buy my first ever Marvel figure. Mafex really got everything just right.

Oh, and Gambit is there, I guess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I definitely want Half-Spider-Man Half-Peter head

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nanigans posted:

I'm 100% a DC guy, but depending on how that unmasked sculpt looks, I might buy my first ever Marvel figure. Mafex really got everything just right.

Oh, and Gambit is there, I guess.

Oh gently caress, if theres a 90's X-men wave in that price range I am all in.

Also those Ghostbuster toys... what a goddamn flashback, I remember the freaking texture of that Stay Puft Marshmallow man - which I coloured all over haha.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

I know I probably shouldn't but I did love that costume design back in the day.

Rhyno posted:

:stonk:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
OH LIKE YOU'VE NEVER IMAGINED THAT YOUR WIFE IS YOUR DEAD GIRLFRIEND BEFORE

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Vintersorg posted:

Oh gently caress, if theres a 90's X-men wave in that price range I am all in.

Mafex has already released 90s Wolverine and Cyclops and AoA Magneto is on the way. Gambit is the 4th X-Men character released.

I would bet Psylocke and/or Jean Grey/Phoenix are pretty solid guesses for the next one. Maybe Storm or Rogue after that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I opened my big Diamond Select Aang figure and he comes with a large airbending effect that’s way too heavy for the flimsy stand it comes with. Good job, DS!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
My only experience with Diamond Select is the fragile as gently caress Nightmare Before Christmas figures. They are essentially just statues and will never change positions. But for the effect to not even work with the figures...goddamn.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't even tell you how many DST things showed up either broken or in packaging that were falling apart. Like, early DC Direct levels of quality.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nanigans posted:

Mafex has already released 90s Wolverine and Cyclops and AoA Magneto is on the way. Gambit is the 4th X-Men character released.

I would bet Psylocke and/or Jean Grey/Phoenix are pretty solid guesses for the next one. Maybe Storm or Rogue after that.

Kaiyodo has also done a few 90s X-Men.

Although they've made some weird choices. I don't know think Gambit or Magneto really benefit much from Revoltech joints.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, Kaiyodo's figures are neat, and have definitely gotten better from the old Revoltech days, but their hyper articulated capes are just kind of baffling.

So glad Deku and All Might don't wear capes. :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Their faceplates also have no tension at all and just fall right out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

I absolutely love that somehow, Electro's stupid-rear end zappy star mask has endured through the ages even to this day.

even when he doesn't have it, he still does, like it's tattooed on his bald fuckin head AND there's an optional original head like this figure

Nanigans posted:

that's supposed to look like he's swinging the hammer really fast, right? I get what they were going for, but it just kinda looks like a weird wagon wheel shield or something.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, shoulda made the inner parts clear.

I swear I've seen Thor figures with essentially that same effect that looked pretty good.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Tonight at 9pm EST is the big Mythic Legions In-Stock sale for the Siege at Bjorngar and Wasteland waves. If you're new to the line this is the cheapest way to get these figures along with Store Horsemen preorder events. These sales only happen like 2 or 3 times a year, and they can get really crazy. The last time they had an in-stock sale it crashed the site for like 5 hours.

http://storehorsemen-com.3dcartstores.com/

EDIT: I forgot to mention they made a change for this In-Stock sale so scalpers can't come in and buy up everything immediately.

"You will only be allowed to claim one of each character offered until 10:00pm EST. After that first hour, there are no limits."

Orge Sized Figures - $55 each
- These are 9 inch figures, and they go for $75 on retail stores like BBTS.

Orge Legion Builders - $40 each
- These are 9 inch figures with less paint apps, and they go for $50 at retail.

Standard Sized Figures - $35 each
- These are 7 inch figures (dwarfs and goblins are a bit shorter obviously), and they go for $50 at retail.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 22, 2020

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Amazon preorders are up:

Electro: https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Legends-Vintage-Extra-Cheese/dp/B083T7BPBK/

Daredevil: https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-SPD-Legends-Vintage-Artichokes/dp/B083TGQXJV/

Spider-man: https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-SPD-Legends-Vintage-Sausage/dp/B083TGNQP4/

Gwen Stacy: https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-SPD-Legends-Vintage-Spinach/dp/B083T823D5/

Green Goblin: https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Legends-Vintage-Green-Peppers/dp/B083TBYMFG/

Peter Parker: https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-SPD-Legends-Vintage-Pepperoni/dp/B083T7B8JX/

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
They also revealed an all-white classic-looking Moon Knight that will be a Walgreens exclusive.

I'm gonna have to get that Daredevil for the collection, dammit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

They also revealed an all-white classic-looking Moon Knight that will be a Walgreens exclusive.

I'm gonna have to get that Daredevil for the collection, dammit.

I saw that but I dig the one I have. I ordered the poo poo out of McDaniel Daredevil though.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I saw that but I dig the one I have. I ordered the poo poo out of McDaniel Daredevil though.

I love my Declan Shalvey-style Moon Knight! That costume is toyetic as gently caress.

What would have tempted me would be "Mr. Knight" in his all-white mask and suit. That would also be an easy figure to repaint as The Rose, Kingpin's son from Roger Stern's mid-'80s Amazing Spider-Man run.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I love my Declan Shalvey-style Moon Knight! That costume is toyetic as gently caress.

What would have tempted me would be "Mr. Knight" in his all-white mask and suit. That would also be an easy figure to repaint as The Rose, Kingpin's son from Roger Stern's mid-'80s Amazing Spider-Man run.

Oh yeah that would be an easy buy.

So, we had water leak into the basement where my hobby room is. And it's going to be a huge mess to repair. And after much discussion we've decided that this house has been a huge headache. The positives (like the basement) just don't outweigh the negatives anymore (quite a few) so we've decided to sell and find the "perfect" home. Packing this poo poo up is a huge undertaking and I'm already over it.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I just noticed that the Age of Apocalypse - Apocalypse figure is up for preorder. I've been wanting this one for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083T7J2JR/

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Moving is a punishment I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I hope to never have to do it again.

Godspeed, Rhyno.

One silver lining, once things are settled and you're ready, redecorating and posing your stuff in different ways should be fun. :unsmith:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

So, we had water leak into the basement where my hobby room is. And it's going to be a huge mess to repair. And after much discussion we've decided that this house has been a huge headache. The positives (like the basement) just don't outweigh the negatives anymore (quite a few) so we've decided to sell and find the "perfect" home. Packing this poo poo up is a huge undertaking and I'm already over it.

What a nightmare! I'm so sorry. It sounds like you've had to deal with problem after problem.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

Oh yeah that would be an easy buy.

transform all your bots and pack'em nice and neatly into a couple of boxes. I did that with all my combiner wars stuff and it reduced their overall size by like 50%.

I know that's not really possible with your gargantuan collection, but then again, how often do you transform everything, anyways? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

So cool that Gwen Stacy comes with an alt Black Widow head.