Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

this is a thread to discuss your stupid and wrong opionions about video games. quit being mad at video games in other threads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtP8r8nRfko

one of my favorite games right now is Subnautica, even though it's been out for a few years. the sequel, subnautica: below zero looks really good but has been in development forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
yeah subnautica is cool but does it have cybers demon

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

no but it has peepers

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
i am also named james

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
fortunately there's this to keep busy with until the next subnautica is out
https://store.steampowered.com/app/804270/Chex_Quest_HD/

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

my name is james

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have the second most popular yosname which is andrew and I like games

I want to play su nautical

history simulator games are my fave at the moment like rear end creed

gta5 is a piece of art

NGU is the most yospos game I know

dirt rally 2 is hard as gently caress once you get past the slow FWD cars but attn to detail is mental and I really wanna play it in VR

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

you only need one game

https://i.imgur.com/a2pciHx.mp4

or maybe two if you're some kind of hardcore esports nerd

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mindbeep

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I knew a guy who could play minesweeper just click click click he never really had to *think* I suppose he had been there done that and his mind just presented the right one to click regardless he also had abs and never got hangovers he was a cool dude much cooler than me

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDUVKUnr0I8

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

echinopsis posted:

NGU is the most yospos game I know

neon genesis uvangelion

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
james

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

c james s: also named james (as is my father, and my grandfather, and my long-deceased great-grandfather. dad and I both go by our middle names as a result.)

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
all i do is drink beer, listen to podcasts and play hexcells infinite

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i am playing control again and it is good, again

thanks

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

got superliminal on the epic store, looks like they tweaked since the demo on steam since the giant literal easter egg in the exit sign room rafters is now a functional area for the story

carry on then posted:

thanks

a solid james

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
has anyone tried prosperous universe? it's eve spreadsheets without the spaceship flying. screamed yospos to me but i couldn't get over the hump of learning the interface.

i mean look at this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI4mxBqGk8c

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

games are probably directly responsible for me becoming a computer toucher and thus should be banned before more innocent minds get corrupted

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my name is not james

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

=/

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

James~

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

carry on then posted:

thanks

control is v. good and i got it for $20. i want the dlc but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay more for it than the base game

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
originally Control was called Comptrol and it was about accounting but then someone misspelled it in an ad and they quickly had to throw together a new game.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
a crusader kings comes out this year so i am excited to spend money to realize i am too dumb for a map game again

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Action Jacktion posted:

originally Control was called Comptrol and it was about accounting but then someone misspelled it in an ad and they quickly had to throw together a new game.

sounds like they were able to reuse the office level lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

is there anything comparable to New Vegas? i want to play that again but at t he same time i want to try something new

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Bored Online posted:

a crusader kings comes out this year so i am excited to spend money to realize i am too dumb for a map game again

oh god I apparently played that game for 50 hours and I never "finished" anything or really figured out what I was doing. I did better with stellaris but god drat did that game need patching up

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

also i have like 1000 hours in path of exile.

if you ever had an arpg problem do not install that game.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

drat i want to play control, but my laptop isn't going to run it, lost a job due to a virus, i still need to buy gpu and pc case, gently caress i want that pc build already

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I put a pin in my list of unplayed games last night and got Mad Max - played a couple of hours and its OK, but not really enthusing me.

The Arkham style punch-block-and-dodge combat doesn't work like as well as it does for the Bat, but the driving is fun and some of the car wreck graphics are spectacular; I don't think I've seen flame burning around the edges of models without clipping done as well as it is here.

I'll give it a bit more time and see if things pick up the pace a bit, it doesn't have the always-action feeling Fury Road did so far.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I put a pin in my list of unplayed games last night and got Mad Max - played a couple of hours and its OK, but not really enthusing me.

The Arkham style punch-block-and-dodge combat doesn't work like as well as it does for the Bat, but the driving is fun and some of the car wreck graphics are spectacular; I don't think I've seen flame burning around the edges of models without clipping done as well as it is here.

I'll give it a bit more time and see if things pick up the pace a bit, it doesn't have the always-action feeling Fury Road did so far.

it's definitely a modern open world game, there's moments like the convoy attacks and the races that feel a bit like that but it's mostly exploring and punching dudes

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I’m playing Classic WoW but only because it reminds me of college.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

yes?

animist
Aug 28, 2018
i refuse to disclose my name on the funy computer forum

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

into the void breach is fantastic and I suggest anyone give it a shot in there trying times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mji0khX4-s

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

animist posted:

i refuse to disclose my name on the funy computer forum

you can just pm it to me

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

fart simpson posted:

you can just pm it to me

it's james

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I stopped playing Dota last year, after playing since 2011. After like a month I couldn't even remember what I had liked about it.

I think in retrospect the most fun I had with it was being a clueless idiot and trying out all the new stuff they were adding during beta.