Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Bulgakov posted:

is there supposed to be something happening in that gif because im too dumb to notice what it was :psyduck:

Pretty good posted:

I think that bamboo+bench arrangement was the basis for an out-of-bounds glitch that just got fixed in the new update? Not finding anything searching for "clipping gates" tho so I'm not totally sure.

The patterns around the bamboo force the bamboo shoot to spawn halfway under that bench, which then lets you sidestep into that space, which causes you to end up inside the bench. And then you can walk into a building or cliff from there and end up on top of it. To get to the 4th level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geTLkNvlpm0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone want good grumpy wolf lad Wolfgang? He's in boxes today, I did like him but he's definitely not on my must keep list. Also Redd is here but I haven't checked what he's got.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

track day bro! posted:

Does anyone want good grumpy wolf lad Wolfgang? He's in boxes today, I did like him but he's definitely not on my must keep list. Also Redd is here but I haven't checked what he's got.

No open slots here but I’d be down to snoop your Redd for sure!

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

eating only apples posted:

E-Flat, I made you some cherry blossom viewing lanterns, I thought I could just send them in the mail but we haven't played together since becoming friends, or something. Lmk if you still want them!

:qq: YES, MY BESTIE

how weird and dumb you can't just send your friends things!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So one of villagers offered to move today - I was okay with them leaving cause they were one of four smug villagers, but then they totally killed me because they said "I will miss you, and i'm not just saying that. you've always had top billing in my heart" ... I think they had a joke afterwards but I was too busy feeling bad.

(It was Lopez, if you got a spot and want him, shoot me a DM, but he won't be in boxes till tomorrow)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Rollersnake posted:

I posted it much earlier in the thread, but I also sent off a departing departed villager with a scene:

:lmao:
I don't even remember how long ago this was, but I think it's still my favorite thing posted in this thread.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

E-flat posted:

:qq: YES, MY BESTIE

how weird and dumb you can't just send your friends things!

My gates are open for friends, swing by whenever! If I'm afk the lanterns are in the pile by the airport, there's a cherry blossom pochette there if you want it too!

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Wolfgang might be my favourite villager. Him softening up both in personality and choice of fashion & furniture style slowly over each game is endearing character development. :unsmith:

Hoping I can get my other faves from the first game, Savannah, and Hank back too

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
Redd is here selling a few paintings and a statue. I bought a painting but there are 2 left. You can get to Redd with a ladder on the far right or left of the island. Please walk behind the ledge it's all flowers.

EDIT: Only Academic Painting remains

https://twitter.com/BensSwitchPix/status/1263833279163072513?s=20

Abel's has some Ninja outfits.

Nooks has a cappuccino machine in unlimited supply.

EDIT: And please for the love of god take some poo poo from my south east beach. I'm going to lose a star on my island rating if I haven't already. Anything left at the end of the day is going to Nooks.

Come roll the dice on Kitty Isle

CLOSED Thanks for stopping by

benisntfunny fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 22, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ok opening up for a bit code is closed! there are still two more paintnigs tho so pm me or summat if you want them or wolfgang! you'll need a ladder to get to redds beach

I bought the dynamic painting

Ables has a space suit, wolfgang is in the cluster of houses to the east just before the stairs if anyone wants him. turdnips prices are poo poo and my island is still pretty barebones

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 22, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Gonna be honest I never got why Rosie became popular. Or rather, as popular as she did. Her eyes kinda split like a goldfish anytime she's doing anything which is super off putting to me.

Mitzi on the other hand is just a simple nice cat. She likes to wear big round glasses I noticed and is just a joy to be around :3:

I would say the movie, but that tier list from before had Margie down pretty low so idk.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Oxyclean posted:

So one of villagers offered to move today - I was okay with them leaving cause they were one of four smug villagers, but then they totally killed me because they said "I will miss you, and i'm not just saying that. you've always had top billing in my heart" ... I think they had a joke afterwards but I was too busy feeling bad.

(It was Lopez, if you got a spot and want him, shoot me a DM, but he won't be in boxes till tomorrow)

yeah, when a villager leaves on their own, the dialogue is pretty sweet!!

it's a lil sad when you push them out via campsite because they're like "I'm moving on to a new island! (... now where am i moving to??)

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
.... movie?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gonna open up for a bit. Come enjoy my museum and riverside campsite!

Gladys is DIYing Wooden Mosaic Wall

Orchard is in bloom

Nook's has infinite Guitar Amps if you need one

Leif is here

Dodo is FH2MH

Fake edit: don't bother checking turnips, they're at 59 lol

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

E-flat posted:

.... movie?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C5%8Dbutsu_no_Mori_(film)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Finished my rock garden

https://twitter.com/BoomMike/status/1263849539108102150

Now not sure what to do in this game...

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Maybe I'm the idiot for still being on facebook but is anyone else seeing that Polygon is putting out articles on this game like every freakin day? Do we need so much news content on this game?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
It’s sold like 15 million copies or more, you can’t just leave those clicks on the table!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The Shame Boy posted:

Maybe I'm the idiot for still being on facebook but is anyone else seeing that Polygon is putting out articles on this game like every freakin day? Do we need so much news content on this game?

I keep getting them on my news feed, yeah. Looked at a few because the early articles were nicely informative, with details about how to unlock the golden tools, etc. The newer ones are really clickbaity, like just throwing up three funny AC tweets and writing an article around them. Guess what happens when you give your frog villagers a fished-up frog????? Nothing different. The same reaction as any other villager to being given an animal. Why some people are resetting the game after a month: they don't like the stress of grinding to 5-star islands and prefer the early days where that's required of you is gathering some sticks and rocks.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it possible for the "i'm sad and want to leave" thought bubbles to appear when your gates are open/other people are on your island?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Is it possible for the "i'm sad and want to leave" thought bubbles to appear when your gates are open/other people are on your island?

No. So if you want to gift/talk to that person as you wait for it to shuffle to someone else the following day, open your gates.

On that subject, I'm still convinced that thought bubbles are rate limited. At the beginning of every hour, I will see one if I've not seen one for a while.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm listening to the OG Animal Crossing soundtrack while I work today, and I'm liking how much more synthy it is, especially all the parts that sound like cats. Kinda wish this game's soundtrack had more synth cat.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bobulus posted:

I keep getting them on my news feed, yeah. Looked at a few because the early articles were nicely informative, with details about how to unlock the golden tools, etc. The newer ones are really clickbaity, like just throwing up three funny AC tweets and writing an article around them. Guess what happens when you give your frog villagers a fished-up frog????? Nothing different. The same reaction as any other villager to being given an animal. Why some people are resetting the game after a month: they don't like the stress of grinding to 5-star islands and prefer the early days where that's required of you is gathering some sticks and rocks.

Stress of grinding to 5 stars, lmao.

Those early articles suck too, though and they totally dominate almost nay acnh search you do. They must've worked really to keep themselves at the top of search pages for this launch. It wouldn't be so bad if their guides were good, but they're often like, babby's first tutorial-tier. Meanwhile for weeks people remain clueless about something simple like "visitors." Last night when they added the patch, the reddit new queue had a ton of people hoping the "redd glitch" had been fixed. You still can't find a straightforward guide to visitors, when I want to see the actual one helpful chart, I have to refer to the discord pins. IGN and Polygon goobers had time to poo poo out a bunch of unfinished guides, populate it halfass with the data from the first 2 comentors, and got time left over for clickbait but god forbid any of them use their SEO privilege to distribute something useful like:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Turnips are going for 544 this afternoon in Uxi, I'll be open but AFK if anyone needs to sell: closed

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 22, 2020

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Agrias120 posted:

Turnips are going for 544 this afternoon in Uxi, I'll be open but AFK if anyone needs to sell: 0C68L

On my way!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm listening to the OG Animal Crossing soundtrack while I work today, and I'm liking how much more synthy it is, especially all the parts that sound like cats. Kinda wish this game's soundtrack had more synth cat.

I'm kinda hoping that each season has different hourly tracks, some of the current ones will be really out of place in winter.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Khanstant posted:

Those early articles suck too, though and they totally dominate almost nay acnh search you do. They must've worked really to keep themselves at the top of search pages for this launch. It wouldn't be so bad if their guides were good, but they're often like, babby's first tutorial-tier. Meanwhile for weeks people remain clueless about something simple like "visitors." Last night when they added the patch, the reddit new queue had a ton of people hoping the "redd glitch" had been fixed. You still can't find a straightforward guide to visitors, when I want to see the actual one helpful chart, I have to refer to the discord pins. IGN and Polygon goobers had time to poo poo out a bunch of unfinished guides, populate it halfass with the data from the first 2 comentors, and got time left over for clickbait but god forbid any of them use their SEO privilege to distribute something useful like:

8pm sheesh. Some of us have early jobs GHOST

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Poque posted:

I'm kinda hoping that each season has different hourly tracks, some of the current ones will be really out of place in winter.

I found a full soundtrack yesterday that has a different set of hourly music for normal/rain/snow/maybe others, but I didn't get far enough to notice if the snow ones are completely different or just a variant.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Gonna be honest I never got why Rosie became popular. Or rather, as popular as she did. Her eyes kinda split like a goldfish anytime she's doing anything which is super off putting to me.

Mitzi on the other hand is just a simple nice cat. She likes to wear big round glasses I noticed and is just a joy to be around :3:

https://twitter.com/nofrikinfun/status/1259269309475418112?s=21

e: Alternatively,

https://twitter.com/nofrikinfun/status/1255654535147614208?s=21

NofrikinfuN fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 22, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Celeste can visit when there are no shooting stars, though, I thought?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Agrias120 posted:

Turnips are going for 544 this afternoon in Uxi, I'll be open but AFK if anyone needs to sell: 0C68L

drat someone bought your black-label kitchen before i could.

i was gonna drop it at your house i swear it matches mine perfectly

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Johnny Truant posted:

And I’ve had the ghost at 10

fizzy-o
Sep 2, 2011

the reason i'm not rewarded
is because, as a person,
i'm quite warped

Turnips are 541 bells on Windchime, for those who haven't sold earlier in the week.

Turn right at the entrance and follow the path to get to Nook's. The island is a little bit of a mess right now.

CLOSED, thanks everyone!!

I'm at work so I'll be AFKing on the stump next to the shop. If any goons have spare autograph cards, lecture-hall bench, pinball machine, sand castle, or the recipes for the angled signpost or log extra-long sofa, those are probably my top wishlist items right now.

fizzy-o fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 22, 2020

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Redd is here, so stop on by. Bring a ladder. I have some giveaways in the plaza right next to the museum. In front of my house is a whole lot of furniture for touching, including all of the floor lamps. I'll be in and out as I work. Dodo code is in the other thread. Visit my turtle sanctuary behind the house on the opposite bank!

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

benisntfunny posted:

Redd is here selling a few paintings and a statue. I bought a painting but there are 2 left. You can get to Redd with a ladder on the far right or left of the island. Please walk behind the ledge it's all flowers.

EDIT: Only Academic Painting remains

Abel's has some Ninja outfits.

Nooks has a cappuccino machine in unlimited supply.

EDIT: And please for the love of god take some poo poo from my south east beach. I'm going to lose a star on my island rating if I haven't already. Anything left at the end of the day is going to Nooks.

Come roll the dice on Kitty Isle

CLOSED Thanks for stopping by

Thanks to the OCD person who organized my free stuff section.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well the game definitely wants me to have a themed island. Doc, Mira, O'Hare, and now Bunnie.

Last night Doc and Mira were drinking tea in the plaza. It was adorable :3:

Do villagers only walk around with drinks if you have a drink machine out? Do they use snack machines?

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug
Myok's non-clickbait guide to the little tricks that can improve your game experience that I wish I'd known about two months ago.

Most I learned from this thread but some I discovered independently.

Movement and Interaction
Hold down B to run! Warning: this will behead any flowers you run over and scare off nearby fish.
Hold down A when holding a net to slowly sneak up on bugs and villagers you hate.
Hold down R-button to speed up NPC and airport dialog. Pressing B works too, but you risk accidentally backing out of dialog menus.
When crafting, when the animation starts double-tap A to speed it up. You do not need to continually mash A or hold it down.
Pushing, pulling and rotating works on outdoor placed objects the same as indoor objects.
Take advantage of the Right joystick for quick scrolling through inventory lists, and use the filters!

Nook Points
Say you get a major achievement notification. Rather than scrolling all over looking for it, hit down on the Right joystick and it'll advance to the one you achieved.
It's best to claim the little Nook+ achievements as soon as you can to free up the slots for new achievements. On a normal busy day you'll rack up several without even trying.

Multiplayer
Before hosting, go to the settings on your Switch and turn off sleep mode when docked.
When your island's open but there's no one visiting, you still need to be careful. I dug up a money pit and was about to plant some bells when the incoming visitor warning went off. My island locked down and the money pit vanished like it was never there.
The timer that's sold at the advanced Nook's Cranny is useful for mini-games as it also keeps track of people's fishing and bug successes. It can also be used to warn people when your island's going to close.

LeviathanGunship
Dec 6, 2004

I'll be honest, I don't entirely understand where this leaves us.

Agrias120 posted:

Thanks again (I left about 50k bells in front of your house)! You helped pay for my last house upgrade :)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

fizzy-o posted:

Turnips are 541 bells on Windchime, for those who haven't sold earlier in the week.

Turn right at the entrance and follow the path to get to Nook's. The island is a little bit of a mess right now.

Turnip exchange queue here!

I'm at work so I'll be AFKing on the stump next to the shop. If any goons have spare autograph cards, lecture-hall bench, pinball machine, sand castle, or the recipes for the angled signpost or log extra-long sofa, those are probably my top wishlist items right now.

Thank you :) Left you a couple DIYs that I hope you could use!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

AFAIK her presence means there could be, but the difference between "meteor shower" nights and "shooting stars" seems to be a gulf. I've had shooting star nights where I see them, miss em, and then don't see or hear another one for the rest of the night before quitting.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

And I’ve had the ghost at 10

10pm is after 8 pm imo.

Reason I post chart is check out the second row of juicy visitors. Only per weeks means it might be weeks or months before you see any given one.