Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I know he has a ton of digestive problems and has talked about being a sickly kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's also just

not a good time for a lot of people in general

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

He's immunocompromised and Travis suffers from narcissistic personality disorder.

I heard Justin had been infected by Aliens from Mars Virus.

Glad we're all up to date on the medical histories of minor celebrities.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Griffin has had a negative energy but that would be fine if he didn't poo poo on bits. This week it actually worked out great cause Griff's desire to get out of riddle me piss gave us Justin's big beautiful buick

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
People care about people whose entertainment they've enjoyed for a decade, there's nothing wrong with expressing concern for someone who's talked about his various maladies during a pandemic that's particularly hard on people with comorbidities, and it's a bad faith argument to equate that concern with armchair diagnosing someone with a serious mental illness.

That being said, I don't think that Griffin is immunocompromised. I think he's talked about Chron's or a similar IBD. Chron's causes a wacky immune response, but I don't think it puts him at particular risk here.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Griffin just poops real bad like all the time.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

griffo got the poo poo butt

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I wanna say thank you to whoever recommended Rude Tales of Magic. It's basically what I hoped this season of TAZ was (well, the first two episodes at least). Like, I started listening and I was DREADING the "get to know your characters" time and instead it was awesome as hell and done super quick. The pacing is fast and it's funny and the people are having fun.

So far my favorite bit is "players antagonize some NPC until the DM says 'roll for initiative'"

As for TAZ:G i can tell justin is done sometimes, like "cool, we go outside to make stuff happen".

The original TAZ felt like a bunch of seasons of a tight mini series. This feels like a show with 6 episodes of content stretched to 24 episodes. Like, I was kinda hoping the apple was a fakeout and the spirit was some dark wizard loving around, who knows maybe that's what will happen, but I doubt it. Itll probably be some boring diplomatic solution.

E: If griffin has chrons the treatment is humira and that suppresses your immune system so not great during a novel virus outbreak.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Griffin just poops real bad like all the time.

I distinctly remember his IBS being mentioned to Sydnee on Sawbones or something and her response was that it was more likely that it was his trash diet giving him the nightmare dumps

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

griffo got the poo poo butt

sponsored by blue apron

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I could have sworn he's discussed it somewhere, but if that was just a false memory hobbled together by Griffin's various stories about his terrible body, I apologize for spreading misinformation. I do feel like that's true, though? Hmm... well, either way, yes, plenty of reasons for everyone to be bummed out, not just the immunocompromised.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Crocoswine posted:

I distinctly remember his IBS being mentioned to Sydnee on Sawbones or something and her response was that it was more likely that it was his trash diet giving him the nightmare dumps

griffin has talked about having IBS and constantly talks about avoiding food that triggers it, and Travis has literally talked about his diagnosis of NPD and how he's working with his therapist to try to use it for good

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

more falafel please posted:

griffin has talked about having IBS and constantly talks about avoiding food that triggers it, and Travis has literally talked about his diagnosis of NPD and how he's working with his therapist to try to use it for good

But what about Justin's Mars Alien Virus?

EDIT: Also, lol I just remembered that he hasn't been diagnosed with NPD. His therapist said he was being narcistic once and from that point on he's said he had been diagnosed with NPD. The end result of him trying to be better is good, but that's the most Travis thing.

From earlier this month: https://www.alisonrosen.com/2020/05/travis-mcelroy-is-recovering/ (From about 46 minutes in. It's a nice awkward moment where the host tries to break it to him that narcissism and NPD are not the same thing.)

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 22, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Justin's deal is that he has a pretty gnarly vas deferens as revealed during vasectomy char.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Fred is on posted:

Apropos of nothing, has anyone here tried 100ft Robot Golf? The brothers are in it as commentators and I haven't tried it yet, but I wonder if it'll do the thing where the voice clips are funny at first but get old as they repeat constantly.
I liked it a bunch, had Geop in it doing Geology Puns; it was made by 2 goons right?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Travis is going to be Dming for a charity thing for a bunch of big(er) names. I didn't see it posted but maybe I missed it.

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1263620046385041408?s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Satine Phoenix :whitewater:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

E: If griffin has chrons the treatment is humira and that suppresses your immune system so not great during a novel virus outbreak.

Could be others! My boyfriend’s on Entyvio after Humira straight up gave him cancer. But they’re all hosed up lil drugs that will make your life hell.
That said, I don’t really know the extent of Griffin’s shitbutt. He wouldn’t necessarily have to be on any of those

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i think this is the most excited i've ever been to see more gameplay from a monster factory video

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Crocoswine posted:

plenty of people eat like trash and do not have nightmare dumps

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sankis posted:

Travis is going to be Dming for a charity thing for a bunch of big(er) names. I didn't see it posted but maybe I missed it.

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1263620046385041408?s=19

Hah of those Travis is literally the only person I've ever heard of though I feel like maybe Matt Mercer was the Dr Who that hosed?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

you........could just click the twitter profiles that theyre all links to?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was commenting on them being bigger names

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Matt Mercer is a bigger name than Travis in the D&D space as the host of Critical Role, a show that is much more popular than TAZ.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Travis DM'ing for Matt Mercer is going to be Feast of Legends all over again and I am here for it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I can see at least two or three names on that list who are known for DMing popular actual play shows, or their whole shtick is teaching HOW to DM.

Travis is either going to learn a LOT or we have a kerosene soaked dumpster on our hands

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

dmboogie posted:

i think this is the most excited i've ever been to see more gameplay from a monster factory video

The bit where he opened the door was so good.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

thecluckmeme posted:

I can see at least two or three names on that list who are known for DMing popular actual play shows, or their whole shtick is teaching HOW to DM.

Travis is either going to learn a LOT or we have a kerosene soaked dumpster on our hands

it's a charity stream so my prediction is: no one will be thinking 'time to teach this guy a lesson,' because they're all very nice people

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought everyone agreed Travis was good at one shot adventures anyway

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Hah of those Travis is literally the only person I've ever heard of though I feel like maybe Matt Mercer was the Dr Who that hosed?

A star studded night where half the people don't even get to play the game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea A) it's a charity stream and the guys like Matt are Certified Sweeties who wouldn't want to poo poo on a dude mid game or whatever regardless and B) Travis is pretty alright at one shot things, his biggest issue currently is making an engaging long lasting story and setting. I'm sure it'll be fine. These things are 90% a bunch of nerdy celebs having fun doing character voices and poo poo and 10% Actual D&D anyway

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So if Monster Factory is no longer on Polygon, does that mean Clayton's no longer doing the editing? I'm not sure who edits their videos on their own channel, so I wonder if we're going to see a change in visual style after this.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

But what about Justin's Mars Alien Virus?
Justin has gone on record about his crippling anxiety on Sawbones. He describes it as "life minutes", where he ruminates sometimes on life slipping away minute by minute and going into a panic knowing there's only a finite amount left. It sounds awful.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

Matt Mercer is a bigger name than Travis in the D&D space as the host of Critical Role, a show that is much more popular than TAZ.

You could have cut that sentence off before "in the D&D space"

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Alaois posted:

Satine Phoenix :whitewater:

I'm not familiar. Is she cancelled or something?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I thought everyone agreed Travis was good at one shot adventures anyway

Yeah, that format is where he really seems to shine. One shots don't really allow for faffing about meeting fifty NPCs, hitting plot dead ends or painstakingly unraveling a web of intrigue. Instead you zoom from one entertaining part to another, like a young, sugar-addled Griffin who may or may not have turned into Turbo Teen.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

So if Monster Factory is no longer on Polygon, does that mean Clayton's no longer doing the editing? I'm not sure who edits their videos on their own channel, so I wonder if we're going to see a change in visual style after this.

He mentions Clayton in the first minute of the latest one.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Justin has gone on record about his crippling anxiety on Sawbones. He describes it as "life minutes", where he ruminates sometimes on life slipping away minute by minute and going into a panic knowing there's only a finite amount left. It sounds awful.

There's a MBMBaM I remember because I've never identified with Justin more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZApz2bRCUU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I believe the deal Vox made them was they'd pay them, and pay for Clayton to edit them, as well as help setting up the new McElroy online platform in exchange for one episode a month.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

You could have cut that sentence off before "in the D&D space"

yeah lol Matt Mercer is also a prolific voice actor who is in basically every video game and anime dub made in the last 10 years

Fred is on posted:

I'm not familiar. Is she cancelled or something?

Satine Phoenix used to be community manager of Dungeons & Dragons for Wizards of the Coast and was a friend of (and defender of) noted rapist and pants-shitter Zak S. After Mandy Morbid's account of all the abuse she suffered from him came out she went radio silent before eventually saying she's distanced herself from him but before that she sure didn't seem to care about any of the other horrible poo poo he did like harassing transgender people until they have to leave the industry.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

if you've ever wondered why some people in this thread are hostile towards D&D, other than it just being generally bad for what it's often used for, a lot of that has to do with rapist and pants-shitter Zak S., who is a rapist and man who shits his pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Alaois posted:

yeah lol Matt Mercer is also a prolific voice actor who is in basically every video game and anime dub made in the last 10 years

Satine Phoenix used to be community manager of Dungeons & Dragons for Wizards of the Coast and was a friend of (and defender of) noted rapist and pants-shitter Zak S. After Mandy Morbid's account of all the abuse she suffered from him came out she went radio silent before eventually saying she's distanced herself from him but before that she sure didn't seem to care about any of the other horrible poo poo he did like harassing transgender people until they have to leave the industry.

It's poo poo like this that the McElroys should actually face criticism for.