Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Can someone tl;dr this for those like me who are completely out of the loop tia

E: bad snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Can someone tl;dr this for those like me who are completely out of the loop tia

E: bad snipe

Jia Tolentino is a well respected writer for the New Yorker (formerly at Jezebel) and apparently her family was involved in human trafficking.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What’s weird is that the human trafficking seems to be the story she herself is using but with prettier words.

Check marks are eating it up anyway

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jia Tolentino is a well respected writer for the New Yorker (formerly at Jezebel) and apparently her family was involved in human trafficking.

Good grief, thanks

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Aaaand twitter is either borked or kicked me individually out.

e: it's back! Hurray?

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 22:29 on May 21, 2020

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
It's broken.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

d3lness posted:

Say it with me people. "Gypsy is a slur."

Please don't probe me, I'm trying to be informative and not a dick

In America it means they dress like Stevie Nicks and are into crafts

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Getting some conservative meme about an American Indian saying “we didn’t have immigration enforcement either” vibes

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

CharlestheHammer posted:

What’s weird is that the human trafficking seems to be the story she herself is using but with prettier words.

Check marks are eating it up anyway

I think they know and like her personally. Also she was a child when this happened.

That said, I think her blog post was a huge mistake. Most people are inclined to believe their parents’ side of the story, but to claim to have investigated it and still just underplay the actual events to the extent she did is not a good look.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AlbieQuirky posted:

I think they know and like her personally. Also she was a child when this happened.

That said, I think her blog post was a huge mistake. Most people are inclined to believe their parents’ side of the story, but to claim to have investigated it and still just underplay the actual events to the extent she did is not a good look.

I mean some of those posts are praising the parents themselves

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It's almost like the media class is irredeemable and scum of the earth, parasites unwitting upon the great beast of Capital, selling comfortable lies to themselves and their fellow parasites as the Beast continues to consume the lives of the poor unending. We live in a Society (1989)

All journalists are bastards, anyone honest won't be allowed near anything bigger than a podcast.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well yeah but that’s because upper level media has become the home of upper class fail sons and Daughters.

The NYTs almost seems like a parody of this

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Henchman of Santa posted:

I feel like I'm in crazy pants world because everyone is defending her human trafficking parents??? I mean a $20,000 loan for transportation and half your American salary plus 60% interest is a totally normal cost of relocation, right????

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

T-man posted:

It's almost like the media class is irredeemable and scum of the earth, parasites unwitting upon the great beast of Capital, selling comfortable lies to themselves and their fellow parasites as the Beast continues to consume the lives of the poor unending. We live in a Society (1989)

All journalists are bastards, anyone honest won't be allowed near anything bigger than a podcast.

source your quotes

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean T Man is right that the fact that a media class that seems to form its own weird bubble is a bit of a problem

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StillFullyTerrible posted:

source your quotes
point out a single wrong thing in that post, i dare you

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

My "Involved in human trafficking" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's next to impossible to get a paying job in journalism unless you without having done lengthy internships which almost always requires both connections and the ability to work 20-40 hours a week for free for at least a year, so best case scenerio you get a bunch of ronan Farrows, but mostly you get third cousin of one of the Bush twins.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

It's next to impossible to get a paying job in journalism unless you without having done lengthy internships which almost always requires both connections and the ability to work 20-40 hours a week for free for at least a year, so best case scenerio you get a bunch of ronan Farrows, but mostly you get third cousin of one of the Bush twins.

Not for long lol

https://twitter.com/lukeoneil47/status/1262385331200016384

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Len posted:

In America it means they dress like Stevie Nicks and are into crafts

Simply Red are British so here it's just bog standard racism

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I could swear I saw this in one of these threads, but LOL at that first one:

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1263574090721476614

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Ok what did chris evans do?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ambitious Spider posted:

Ok what did chris evans do?

I tried to find out and all I have is "played a mossad agent in a movie"

people have problems with the movie and are saying it's Pro-Zionist. It's called The Red Sea Resort. I am not sure what Chris Evans has to do with it other than starring in it.

I think people are just going stir-crazy and making cancel hashtags. Also the hashtag is almost impossible to find what happened in because most of it is people going "the hell are you guys on about?"

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 03:02 on May 22, 2020

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1263803027401523203?s=20

https://twitter.com/charles_kinbote/status/1263855536975613954?s=20

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1263812635235102721?s=19

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

If u havin votin' problems i feel bad for ya son
I got 99 votes and a black aint one

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hell yeaaaaah no

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Onion Joe doesn't exist OP.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The best thing Joe could do at this point is to go into hiding and not say a drat word through November. Just stay a "generic Democrat" in most people's minds and let the election be 100% about Trump.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Warmachine posted:

Onion Joe doesn't exist OP.

Even better, she's responding to something about how he's against legalizing marijuana.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

humans who don't know right from wrong and kill somebody still get locked up

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Just in case someone didn't know

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt Pelosi's congressional district not LA?

also the dog isnt at fault, but the king is at fault for arranging a marriage between the baby and the prince.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I smoke a probably unhealthy amount of weed and not for all the top shelf bud in California would I smoke weed with Joe "crime bill" Biden.

Plus he's probably a lightweight if he isn't already dead and being CGI'd.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Euthanize everyone except the dog. Doggo gets one more chance.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

PhazonLink posted:

also the dog isnt at fault, but the king is at fault for arranging a marriage between the baby and the prince.

Pelosi represents most of San Francisco.

There's a lot of fake right-wing memes that have been going around for ages showing some mansion that isn't her house and saying "look at how decadent Pelosi dems live" and so on. Her house is just a decent-looking place with like three stories and a driveway in the middle of San Francisco. Yes, this is more alienating (and more expensive) than her actually living in some fancy politician mansion if you're under forty.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PhazonLink posted:

Yeah, her district is in San Francisco, which is farther from LA than NYC is from Boston.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

One incident could be an outlier. This can only be resolved through experiment: keep bringing in more babies until the dog has mauled a sufficient number of them to establish a good statistical baseline. Only THEN draw your conclusions and decide the dog's fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, her district is in San Francisco, which is farther from LA than NYC is from Boston.

Is San Francisco still covered in poop?