Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

oldpainless posted:

Is San Francisco still covered in poop?

For some weird reason if you do nothing to alleviate a massive homelessness crisis and shut down almost all public restrooms, you end up with people using the streets as a public restroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

MizPiz posted:

Just in case someone didn't know

I stopped following BoingBoing ages ago when every other post was "information wants to be free, support the EFF!"; meanwhile they'd "disemvowel" any comments that politely questioned someone's view on a topic. (Disemvoweling was leaving the comments up, but they had a script mods could use that took all the vowels out of any critical comments, so you had to struggle to read them.) Hypocrites, all around.

Good to see Xeni hasn't stopped being absolutely batshit and I have no reason to bring traffic to that site anymore.

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 20:35 on May 22, 2020

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/honeybhouston/status/1263853906708385805

:shepface:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
6/7 allied soldiers DIDN'T die during Operation Overlord

makes u think

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

JacquelineDempsey posted:

(Disemvoweling was leaving the comments up, but they had a script mods could use that took all the vowels out of any critical comments, so you had to struggle to read them.)

Whaaaat

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
that is not promising

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I'd completely forgotten BoingBoing existed and realized now that I'd combined it with BuzzFeed in my mind.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

oldpainless posted:

no more than your post history

More like oldpooplest

Fake edit: me and a bunch of nerds tried to figure out the worst possible superhero

It was doesnotpoopman

Congrats sort of

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Can we get another sasquatch update, possibly featuring arguments about whether sasquatches are actually biblical giants?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I love how the person is posting like "WORDING MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE THINK POSITIVE" when based on those statistics leaving the patient alone gives them a better chance of survival than the so-called treatment.

Goddamn death cult.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Warmachine posted:

I love how the person is posting like "WORDING MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE THINK POSITIVE" when based on those statistics leaving the patient alone gives them a better chance of survival than the so-called treatment.

Goddamn death cult.

More importantly, they reveal a really small N.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I stopped following BoingBoing ages ago when every other post was "information wants to be free, support the EFF!"; meanwhile they'd "disemvowel" any comments that politely questioned someone's view on a topic. (Disemvoweling was leaving the comments up, but they had a script mods could use that took all the vowels out of any critical comments, so you had to struggle to read them.) Hypocrites, all around.

Eh, it's no weirder than Forums Cancer.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

This isn't exactly IoSM, but remember this guy? He prompted a piece in yet another loving self-important conservative journal and this popped out:

quote:

A movement that is composed of as many thoughtful individuals as is national conservatism should have the intellectual honesty to look around its newly truncated environment and reflect.

Aha. Ahahaahha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This isn't exactly IoSM, but remember this guy? He prompted a piece in yet another loving self-important conservative journal and this popped out:

Aha. Ahahaahha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Caring about the welfare and opinions of others is bad, actually.

Now why won't anyone give me the time of day? I demand to be heard!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Warmachine posted:

Goddamn death cult.

This loving attitude is everywhere now.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

wizzardstaff posted:

Caring about the welfare and opinions of others is bad, actually.

Now why won't anyone give me the time of day? I demand to be heard!

Mister President, I didn't know you had an account on this forum

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Ehsantheking/status/1263950235031781378

killa-pope
May 21, 2008

Don’t get me wrong, I tip well because I know servers get paid poo poo. But right now seems like a really bad time to remind everybody just how little you’re paying your staff to contract COVID-19.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Idiots on Social Media: he is a uneducated and impolite but

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

oldpainless posted:

Yes, it's still a hub for techbros

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Frog Act posted:

Can we get another sasquatch update, possibly featuring arguments about whether sasquatches are actually biblical giants?

Sasquatch mated with Momk from Ork, we did not deserve the offspring.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

killa-pope posted:

Don’t get me wrong, I tip well because I know servers get paid poo poo. But right now seems like a really bad time to remind everybody just how little you’re paying your staff to contract COVID-19.

I was reading that and really wondering why it belongs in this thread until I saw who posted it. What the hell

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Tip 20% normally and 25+ in covid times.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hot dog sandwiches exist if you hold them right.

Tip 20+% because the person told you how to hold it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I thought for a moment, ah someone has taken a Facebook post they've made and switched the image out. Nope.

Then I thought for a moment, ah someone is running a spoof Beef O Brady's Facebook page and it's just going to be full of gags. Nope.

It's real, and the owner just seems plain old dumb. https://www.facebook.com/BeefsOnPreston/?rf=1921418361484790

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I will die on this hill that is at least 15 but preferably 20 or more.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Yeah, so you'd have, like idk, an article about how awesome an almond milk brand was, because of their clever marketing. If you'd dare suggest in the comments:

"Almond farming is actually terrible for the environment, and you should consider alternate choices like oat milk; here's some actual factual sourcing on that" [link]

If it offended the authors/mods (or simply went against their pet brands/projects) it would show up as:

"lmnd frming s ctlly trrbl fr th nvrnmnt, nd y shld cnsdr ltrnt chcs lk t mlk; hr's sm ctl fctl srcng n tht" [link totally omitted]

Free speech, indeed. There was also a big blowout about Xeni "un-publishing" a bunch of posts by a woman who they had a personal falling-out with around that time.

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 23:52 on May 22, 2020

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I guarantee you boomers who are slobbering and yelling mad at anyone who will listen to open up restaurants aren't tipping jack poo poo.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

goatsestretchgoals posted:

20% is just easier to tip. You move a decimal point to the left. You do it again. You smash those numbers together. You write it down. You put down the pen and hand over the receipt, sweaty and nervous, hoping you didn't take too long and that no one witnessed your public display of shameful mental math skills.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
The owner of that Facebook page admits in the comments that he is not even there that so I guess everyone else should go out to eat. loving coward.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yeah, so you'd have, like idk, an article about how awesome an almond milk brand was, because of their clever marketing. If you'd dare suggest in the comments:

"Almond farming is actually terrible for the environment, and you should consider alternate choices like oat milk; here's some actual factual sourcing on that" [link]

If it offended the authors/mods it would show up as:

"lmnd frming s ctlly trrbl fr th nvrnmnt, nd y shld cnsdr ltrnt chcs lk t mlk; hr's sm ctl fctl srcng n tht" [link totally omitted]

Not to make this into a whole thing, but is almond milk worse for the environment than just regular milk? I know compared to a lot of other plants and nuts almonds are huge water hogs, but so is everything involving livestock. Genuine question.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Even before the pandemic if it was something like a diner I went to all the time I’d tip either 33 percent or five bucks, whichever was more. Always had my favorite table waiting for me after my night shift.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That idiot that got his cart taken at costco because he wouldn't put on a mask tried to debate his stance to Sam Seder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Quj3eWw26A

He sounds stupid as gently caress

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Even before this, i think i'd have to actually see a server or cook spit into my food before I tipped less than 20%

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

killa-pope posted:

Is this seriously saying that their wage is 2 dollars an hour!? I knew servers got hosed in America but holy poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yes tips allow them to pay under the minimum wage

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

If it offended the authors/mods (or simply went against their pet brands/projects) it would show up as:

Free speech, indeed. There was also a big blowout about Xeni "un-publishing" a bunch of posts by a woman who they had a personal falling-out with around that time.

chidi stop trolling comments sections

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i only know xeni jardin as one of the original boing boing crew, what gave her all the brain worms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Who cares about percentage. Tip as much as you can afford for the great value your server brings you.