Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Waffle! posted:

Forgot I was in the private thread when I posted, so here goes.

Carcosa is open!

There was someone dressed like Majima!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helicoprion
Oct 31, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

You have to react to the message in the welcome & rules channel to get permissions to post there.
Thanks for the reply, but i don't see the welcome & rules channel anywhere.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Helicoprion posted:

Thanks for the reply, but i don't see the welcome & rules channel anywhere.

The channel is up at the info section, if you click a "category" of channel it will not show read ones, so make sure all of them are displayed.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Helicoprion
Oct 31, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

The channel is up at the info section, if you click a "category" of channel it will not show read ones, so make sure all of them are displayed.

Oooohh, thank you so much kind goon.

Forever Newb
Aug 18, 2003

Sooner or later you dance with The Reaper

precision posted:

There was someone dressed like Majima!!!!!

That was me. The jacket was from a New Leaf QR code I found online that I'm having trouble finding again. Pants, shoes, and eye patch are all in-game.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Flaming Lime posted:

No worries! New code GY0GB if you want to try again :-)

It blew up again, lol. Right in the middle of watering.

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Flounder is open for a bit, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=2#post505054797

Nook's: Pre-looted, so only red retro-skull radio and tissues.
Able Sisters: closed
Visitor: Please ignore Label who is here cementing another disappointing Reddless week.

I remember I used to have a beach. Then came the unwanted DIYs.

I have no idea what everything here and is but at time of writing there was definitely: Golden flooring, zen-style stone, gold-screen wall, golden candlestick, plain wooden shop sign, cutting board x3, ironwood cupboard, garden rock, mossy garden rock, sleigh, shell arch, hanging terrarium, some lovely flower crowns, AND MORE.

Are you new? There's a bunch of low-tier useful DIYs like tables/beds (as well as bamboo crap no-one else wants.) Log bed, bamboo doll, pan flute, steamer basket set, bamboo-grove wall, light bamboo rug, bamboo flooring, natural garden table

I also left red/black/pink popcorn machines outside Nook's to catalogue in case someone wanted those.

Fossils: Deiny Torso, diplo tail, parasaur torso/tail, spino skull/tail, left/right megalo side, archelon skull, mammoth skull, stego tail, iguanodon skull, right quetzal wing, brachio skull, plesio skull, ptera body, megacero tail, trilobite.

Shallow fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 22, 2020

Flaming Lime
Dec 30, 2016

Prowler posted:

It blew up again, lol. Right in the middle of watering.

Ughhhhh, don’t know what happened that time.. sorry

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Ugh, 14 tickets and no interesting villagers :negative:

Edit: and then I get one that is kinda interesting but I still have another 6 tickets in my inventory

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 22, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why are the loading screens SO LONG

I don't mean the flight screen. I mean the actual loading screen with the island in the corner. What on EARTH could be making this game take THAT LONG to load

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

If anybody's got Islanders who're gonna be in boxes tomorrow I'm in the market! And conversely, Pinky still has not been claimed if you want a gigantic, like seriously loving massive, pink panda bear

Flaming Lime
Dec 30, 2016
Hey! Opening Pearadise again, few issues with connection but I think it’s all good now!

Just to repeat myself in case you missed the last post: Bunch of free stuff on the beach next to the airport and Redd is here with a fake solemn painting left. Nooks has unlimited hamster cages and a judges bell, as well as a hanging scroll and pennant. Wisp is also here if that works for visitors. If you have time to water any of the flowers around where Redd is that’d be great. I’ll craft some more watering cans.

Dodo code: i give up

Flaming Lime fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 22, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Man this is peak gaming

https://twitter.com/i/status/1263919556914933761

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1263526482065924107

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1263526911411552256

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1263529943524245504

Pretty good posted:

Hell yeah that looks horrible yes please.

Lemme know when you're on and I'll open my gates.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 22, 2020

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
yesssss chop the trees, make them stumps, drink their sap

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Khanstant posted:

10pm is after 8 pm imo.

small brained. 10pm is way before 8pm

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gonna open up again while I'm puttering around since it's raining super hard and rare fish seem to be pretty common right now. Turnips are low and I've got nothing special going on other than Leif. Ables have some good clothes though, if you like the 60s hippie stuff.

Dodo is 45LXF. Probably leave it open for a while, I'm just watching TV with my roommate and her girlfriend

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Another thing about turnips I’ve never seen mentioned is that if you eat them they immediately give you the full 10 stack of energy for moving trees/breaking rocks. This is way faster than gathering your native fruit and eating them one by one and also cheaper/faster than buying your native fruit from the Nooklings. Even if you’re not interested in playing the market it might be worth it to buy a few stacks on Sunday if you’re planning on doing a lot of rearranging.

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks everyone that dropped in and thanks for the gifts, clearance has been super effective.

This is what was left, if anyone particularly needs anything let me know so I don't sell it tomorrow.

Shallow posted:

Flounder is open for a bit, CLOSED

Nook's: Pre-looted, so only red retro-skull radio and tissues.
Able Sisters: closed
Visitor: Please ignore Label who is here cementing another disappointing Reddless week.

I remember I used to have a beach. Then came the unwanted DIYs.

I have no idea what everything here and is but at time of writing there was definitely: Golden flooring, zen-style stone, gold-screen wall, golden candlestick, plain wooden shop sign, cutting board x3, ironwood cupboard, garden rock, mossy garden rock, sleigh, shell arch, hanging terrarium, some lovely flower crowns, AND MORE.

Are you new? There's a bunch of low-tier useful DIYs like tables/beds (as well as bamboo crap no-one else wants.) Update: Log bed, bamboo doll, pan flute, steamer basket set, bamboo-grove wall, light bamboo rug, bamboo flooring, natural garden table

I also left red/black/pink popcorn machines outside Nook's to catalogue in case someone wanted those.

Fossils: Deiny Torso, diplo tail, parasaur torso/tail, spino skull/tail, left/right megalo side, archelon skull, mammoth skull, stego tail, iguanodon skull, right quetzal wing, brachio skull, plesio skull, ptera body, megacero tail, trilobite.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Hosted a Redd race on my island today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9__REktNkU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Has anyone completely restarted their island?

I'm bored and don't really care about any of my villagers aside from Roscoe.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Does anyone have a good dirt pattern they can share? I need something to put at the bottom of a couple of empty graves.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
My roommate just restarted her (pretty new) island because she traded her Switch Lite for a regular model. I held on to her fancier furniture and DIY cards during the changeover so she didn't lose too much in the process.

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Has anyone completely restarted their island?

I'm bored and don't really care about any of my villagers aside from Roscoe.

I did it after about a month. Highly recommended. Lots of fun to just start from scratch again.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

precision posted:

Gonna open up again while I'm puttering around since it's raining super hard and rare fish seem to be pretty common right now. Turnips are low and I've got nothing special going on other than Leif. Ables have some good clothes though, if you like the 60s hippie stuff.

Dodo is 45LXF. Probably leave it open for a while, I'm just watching TV with my roommate and her girlfriend

Oooofff I forgot to plant the flowers I brought since it seemed like you had started recently. But I did leave a message on your board! In case you were afk I like your island layout a lot and I look forward to visiting again! Thanks for opening. :)

Edit: in other news I’m opening up for a bit, just ‘cause. Saharah is here. I got a Server-room wall and Western desert floor, very mysterious. The rug is a black wooden-deck rug.

Dodo code is Now ——

It’s not 3 Flats without a comm error!

E-flat fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 23, 2020

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

E-flat posted:

Oooofff I forgot to plant the flowers I brought since it seemed like you had started recently. But I did leave a message on your board! In case you were afk I like your island layout a lot and I look forward to visiting again! Thanks for opening. :)

Edit: in other news I’m opening up for a bit, just ‘cause. Saharah is here. I got a Server-room wall and Western desert floor, very mysterious. The rug is a black wooden-deck rug.

Dodo code is DMSMC

Yeah I was idle when you left, the drawing rocks :3: I'll swing on by yours!

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

TheIndividual posted:

I did it after about a month. Highly recommended. Lots of fun to just start from scratch again.

Do you get the option to keep your catalog, like in New Leaf?

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I can't imagine restarting. I still have so many mini project areas on my island and come up with new ones every week.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Macaluso posted:

Why are the loading screens SO LONG

I don't mean the flight screen. I mean the actual loading screen with the island in the corner. What on EARTH could be making this game take THAT LONG to load

Have you ever played the Elder Scrolls four or five? Or Fallouts numbered three through four, give or take New Vegas and 76?

I'd like to think that's what's always happening when the game is loading it's doing the Bethesda open-world thing where it's gotta quick-save/quick-load an entire world for a single instance and it takes note of the fact that somewhere on the map there's an errant hat placed on the ground.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Seems like I errored out! I may reopen in a while later tonight; need to unpack. If anyone has urgent need of saharah I could open sooner on request.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Opening up my town mostly to share my fairly high concept resort island. I never open up since Im always constructing. Its still a WIP but Id love some feedback. Im driving to pick up a meal to eat at home so ill be afk for a while.

My house is lame but the room on the right and the basement are actually worth visiting.

Also Kicks is here.

Code: 6HCGV

The Sean fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 23, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

SeXReX posted:

Hosted a Redd race on my island today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9__REktNkU

This is amazing. Go green hair!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Come and get it. Or just come take a gander at my streets.

E: We's closed.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 23, 2020

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I don’t suppose anybody has any tombstones and/or beach and poolside stuff that I could touch? I have a secret graveyard and mega pool on my estate that needs finishing and all my beaches are bare because this game won’t give me anything to put on them.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

The Sean posted:

Opening up my town mostly to share my fairly high concept resort island. I never open up since Im always constructing. Its still a WIP but Id love some feedback. Im driving to pick up a meal to eat at home so ill be afk for a while.

My house is lame but the room on the right and the basement are actually worth visiting.

Also Kicks is here.

Oh! I forgot! Elvis the Lion King is in boxes if you want him.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

The Sean posted:

Also Kicks is here.

I can't leave! Someone hang up their phone!

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

readingatwork posted:

I don’t suppose anybody has any tombstones and/or beach and poolside stuff that I could touch? I have a secret graveyard and mega pool on my estate that needs finishing and all my beaches are bare because this game won’t give me anything to put on them.

I have a poolside bed you can touch!

I’m for now closed that interest seems to have dried up!

Saharah is on my east beach.

E-flat fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 23, 2020

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

E-flat posted:

I have a poolside bed you can touch!

I’m back open at 7MQH3

Saharah is on my east beach.

On my way to get Cheeto dust all over your stuff!

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Seiyal posted:

Got it ordered for you! I don't need anything specific so feel free to surprise me. (Hopefully there won't be maintenance tomorrow!)

Heya boss, I'm off work and ready whenever you are! Shoot me a PM if you like

Cant wait until tomorrow when I can un-gently caress my island once my last rock moves, yaaaay!

Chicken Doodle fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Come and get it. Or just come take a gander at my streets.

0549T

Celeste is here.