Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

retiring two of your biggest moneymakers

please spare a thought for Chris Evans' decade of lifting weights, eating chicken breasts, juicing and going bald from it

he deserves a break!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Plus they kinda kept a way in universe to bring him back if they need to.

I loved the newer mummy film because it was just, so entirely not good. I did laugh pretty hard at the line cruise had when the lady was describing how some dagger had a ruby missing and he just perfectly lobs out "Oh yea, she was mmmaaaaadddd about that" or something to that effect.

Also, the new Thor movie has the same director as Ragnarok, which was awesome, so it should be pretty sweet.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I'm glad the MCU went and actually wrote some endings. It's so much more satisfying than watching it drag out over 8 seasons/trilogies until people get bored or tired and they have to slap something together at the last minute with no time or budget.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Also, the new Thor movie has the same director as Ragnarok, which was awesome, so it should be pretty sweet.

Ragnarok is by far my favorite MCU movie for some reason

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Yeah, im pretty pumped on what taika will do in thor:love and thunder,his SW film and especially with the money/clout he'll have if its a sucess.
Wonder what is his 200 million dream movie.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Randaconda posted:

Ragnarok fuckin' owns. It and Infinity War make a great 1-2, imo.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Comic/movie chat is loving boring

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Randaconda posted:

That reason is Taika Waititi.

The movie Schadenfreude is every other studio trying to recapture the lightning in a bottle of the MCU series. Trying to make DCU a thing that people care about, you can really see which MCU movies they watched whilst making the latest DCU film. Then the Darkness Universe etc.

The extra schadenfreude is all the governments bending over backwards to give tax breaks and straight up cash to studios to make these Abominations so it doesn't matter if they bomb or not. I love that bit about how Men in Black still hasn't made a profit so they don't need to pay the writers poo poo in residuals.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Yeah, im pretty pumped on what taika will do in thor:love and thunder,his SW film and especially with the money/clout he'll have if its a sucess.
Wonder what is his 200 million dream movie.

Love and Thunder even explicitly has a gay romance plotline for Valkyrie, after the Russo brothers tried to brag about having the "first LGBT MCU character" and it turned out to be one of them playing a nameless civilian offhandedly mentioning that he's gay.

A LOVELY LAD posted:

I like the use of perspective and people sitting down to make sure Tom Cruise isn't the shortest.

This intrigued me, so I looked up everyone's heights.

Russell Crowe: 6'0
Javier Bardem: 5'11
Johnny Depp: 5'10
Tom Cruise: 5'7
Sofia Boutella: 5'5

If you look at their feet relative to the chair, they put Cruise and Boutella like a foot closer to the camera than Crowe so the whole back row has the same relative height.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

omg take it to cinema disco or whatever im here to see people get injured you nerds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tHBs2kqR9A

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Aramoro posted:

That reason is Taika Waititi.

The movie Schadenfreude is every other studio trying to recapture the lightning in a bottle of the MCU series. Trying to make DCU a thing that people care about, you can really see which MCU movies they watched whilst making the latest DCU film. Then the Darkness Universe etc.

The extra schadenfreude is all the governments bending over backwards to give tax breaks and straight up cash to studios to make these Abominations so it doesn't matter if they bomb or not. I love that bit about how Men in Black still hasn't made a profit so they don't need to pay the writers poo poo in residuals.

At least those writers got paid something. The reason Disney is so big on these live-action remakes is because they don't have to pay the writers of the originals at all: https://news.avclub.com/original-aladdin-screenwriter-highlights-some-of-the-sh-1829734506

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

shut up shut up shut up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etl94YisCC8

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Batman v Superman was better than Civil War

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

For sure.

Oh wait do you mean the movie?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back.
I've had bowel movements that were cinematic masterpieces compared to BvS.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

These probations are making me get the good feeling.... let Lisa explain it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B01e7n4RzZc

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
So when can this thread go back to PYF?

https://twitter.com/itsmaeril/status/1263559766636408832

(it's a thread)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
It's a thread and a biocurse.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Back to freezer schadenfreude we have a full sized freezer in our garage we use for stocking up. About six weeks ago I knew that a meat shortage would be coming soon and really stocked up, like $300 worth. A few weeks ago my wife was using a belt sander and needed a grounded plug. Since she only needed it "for a minute" she unplugged the freezer and did her thing.

We didn't realize she'd forgotten to plug the freezer back in until about a week later, when it started smelling like a dead body. :doh:

And that was five days before the next trash pickup, so for the next five days despite triple bagging all that meat we had a literal plague of flies around our bins.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 23, 2020

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

*barf*

pics please

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Freezer schad for me right now is that it is impossible to buy one.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
A few months back my boss went in with his son in law to get, like, an entire cow worth of beef and had basically figured he could buy a freezer when it arrived. Then the pandemic hit.

It's supposed to show up next week and I can't wait to see what happens.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Nothing should ever be in pyf or ask tell those lands are cursed

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Imagined posted:

Back to freezer schadenfreude we have a full sized freezer in our garage we use for stocking up. About six weeks ago I knew that a meat shortage would be coming soon and really stocked up, like $300 worth. A few weeks ago my wife was using a belt sander and needed a grounded plug. Since she only needed it "for a minute" she unplugged the freezer and did her thing.

We didn't realize she'd forgotten to plug the freezer back in until about a week later, when it started smelling like a dead body. :doh:

And that was five days before the next trash pickup, so for the next five days despite triple bagging all that meat we had a literal plague of flies around our bins.

One of my housemates did this once, except she'd unplugged the fridge/freezer in the kitchen because she needed to plug something else in for a short while. Luckily it didn't take me long to notice and we didn't lose any food.

We had to have a house meeting and explain to her that leaving the fridge unplugged is bad.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I genuinely believe they did not expect this to happen. Has sound.

https://i.imgur.com/lvLarX4.mp4

It's going to hit the middle, and the water's going to go Pssshhh. So we want to see how many of these bad boys are going to hit the pockets.

OK, 3, 2, 1...

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Turns out that the inverse of "if you fall into water from a hundred feet up it's like hitting concrete" is also true

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
"Well that's not in one piece anymore" has some truly "upper class twit of the year" sized teeth

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZrOcCXNq5c

The bridge strikes again.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Every goddamn time you can see the light has been red for 3-4 seconds.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Imagined posted:

"Well that's not in one piece anymore" has some truly "upper class twit of the year" sized teeth

That doofus expression cracked me up.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Imagined posted:

Hahaha

This video's a pretty good indicator that you should probably not go too crazy height-wise if you want to pelt someone with a water balloon, drat

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Imagined posted:

He’s James William Bottomtooth IV. He’s just upside down because someone’s dunking his head in a toilet.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

drat good aim though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/I70hW9G.mp4

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh no! He broke his garage fooooooore!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
How is playing golf in your garage a thing? Like haha just open the door and go outside haha.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Fridge schad: when I lived with several roommates, our fridge up and died one summer day. It took a bit over a week to get a replacement delivered. We borrowed my mini fridge from work, but cramming 5 people worth of food into a mini fridge is a bit difficult, so some things got sacrificed and left behind under the assumption that being sealed in the fridge, they wouldn’t stink.

Apparently, I was the only person in the house with a sense of smell, and by the time I got home from work, the whole place stank like a decomposing body in a swamp. Which no one had bothered to deal with. I rampaged through the remaining food, throwing out anything that looked even remotely suspect.

In the process, I chucked my vegetarian roommate’s weird looking mushrooms :smith: Turns out that’s totally normal for that species. Ended up giving the poor guy grocery money for the week cuz I felt like a jerk.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Fridge schad: when I lived with several roommates, our fridge up and died one summer day. It took a bit over a week to get a replacement delivered. We borrowed my mini fridge from work, but cramming 5 people worth of food into a mini fridge is a bit difficult, so some things got sacrificed and left behind under the assumption that being sealed in the fridge, they wouldn’t stink.

Apparently, I was the only person in the house with a sense of smell, and by the time I got home from work, the whole place stank like a decomposing body in a swamp. Which no one had bothered to deal with. I rampaged through the remaining food, throwing out anything that looked even remotely suspect.

In the process, I chucked my vegetarian roommate’s weird looking mushrooms :smith: Turns out that’s totally normal for that species. Ended up giving the poor guy grocery money for the week cuz I felt like a jerk.

"If you leave it long enough that I have to deal with it, you don't get to complain how I deal with it"

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Imagined posted:

Did this! Same thing with the freezer in the garage. Fortunately it was brand new and only had a single pack of chicken in it. It still took AGES for the smell to go away. This smell laughed at the usual deodorants such as baking soda and vinegar. I ended up coating the inside with unused coffee grounds and sealing it up for a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The Pratt email thing is that it probably mixed 35k unread emails in with his deleted items, so going through it would have meant wading through old deleted emails and trying to determine what to keep and release.

But hey, that’s what he deserves for breaking Anna Farris’ heart.