Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
why does the game think im running an out of date version and that i must update but then says its up to date on the launcher???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Snazzy Frocks posted:

why does the game think im running an out of date version and that i must update but then says its up to date on the launcher???

have u tried deleting the game

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Worf fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 22, 2020

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Weird bug on Xbox right now, all people appear muted and can't use mics.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
that's a feature, not a bug

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Inner Light posted:

harsh, but fair

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Playing the MW2 campaign remaster and if we could have the heartbeat sensor as a weapon attachment in 2009 why's it gotta be a separate bullshit thing in 2020? Also you didn't have to wait for pulses to see the contacts. :colbert:

(I know it's for game balance reasons)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
How is the spotter perk vs tracker? I think spotter could be useful in warzone whereas tracker is very useful in tighter MP maps.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

Playing the MW2 campaign remaster and if we could have the heartbeat sensor as a weapon attachment in 2009 why's it gotta be a separate bullshit thing in 2020? Also you didn't have to wait for pulses to see the contacts. :colbert:

(I know it's for game balance reasons)

It was still terrible. The COF was not the 90 we have today

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Inner Light posted:

The Xbox live friends list/system has been down for most of the day.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

priznat posted:

How is the spotter perk vs tracker? I think spotter could be useful in warzone whereas tracker is very useful in tighter MP maps.

Spotter is nearly useless in WZ. The only 3rd perks to use are amped, tracker, or battle hardened as the new end game meta is switching to stuns/flashes. Tune Up is useful if you're going to play medic.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What is the plan for this COD? Are they still doing yearly releases? Is this one more evergreen like say
Fortnite or Apex? Warzone certainly seems to be, and the existence of a battle pass in the main game, it seems like an evergreen model as well.

Have they said anything on this front? I’m sorry if this is well known I just bought the game two days ago

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

JaySB posted:

Spotter is nearly useless in WZ. The only 3rd perks to use are amped, tracker, or battle hardened as the new end game meta is switching to stuns/flashes. Tune Up is useful if you're going to play medic.

I was thinking spotter for seeing claymores etc but I’m not sure if people are slapping those down willy nilly.

The thermite has replaced throwing knife for my lethal now, the bonus being the guy I hit can sometimes set his buddies on fire before he dies :supaburn:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What is the plan for this COD? Are they still doing yearly releases? Is this one more evergreen like say
Fortnite or Apex? Warzone certainly seems to be, and the existence of a battle pass in the main game, it seems like an evergreen model as well.

Have they said anything on this front? I’m sorry if this is well known I just bought the game two days ago

I heard that treyarch is ramping up on another black ops but I bet there is another warzone map that uses the same weapons and equipment as blops. Heck it could be a slightly reskinned verdansk with only 70s/80s era weapons.

priznat fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 22, 2020

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

My graphics settings keep resetting to Fullscreen Windowed and 50% render resolution, and disabling the two cached shadow options.

Does anyone else have this issue?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Penpal posted:

My graphics settings keep resetting to Fullscreen Windowed and 50% render resolution, and disabling the two cached shadow options.

Yup I just had that, I was like “why am I getting 200fps and do I have cataracts now??”

I actually just bumped the render res up to 75% and it looks nice and runs a lot smoother than it did at 100. (8700K and rtx 2070)

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I made a very stupid meme.

https://twitter.com/scotttammel/status/1263947008219340800?s=21

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

[GrnBrt] J0nRamb0 definitely has the amped perk to get the ADS and shot off from a launcher that quick.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I finished all the ribbon and all the weekly challenges and now I don’t know what to do with myself

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

I finished all the ribbon and all the weekly challenges and now I don’t know what to do with myself

play... for the sake of enjoyment?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

drunken officeparty posted:

Camo and scope challenges. GLHF.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Haha get a load of this guy

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Owlbear Camus posted:

what are you my mother

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
love to have a good wz match going but whoops the other guy had an rpg with 2 or more rounds

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
Enjoying the classic mode so far. Wish I had a proper mic though. I like not having my team get wiped out because two guys run to a loadout drop after it’s been on the ground for a minute.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Is the lag in MP unbearable for anyone else right now? My matches are usually <25ms ping and I’m only getting 100+ right now

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lol just had a 250-18 Hardpoint game where every single time I made the effort to flank the objective some motherfucker spawned literally right behind me.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

Remember when you didn't have to unlock anything and you could just invite your friends over and play a loving videogame

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Penpal posted:

Yeah, that's been happening for a couple weeks for me.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Owlbear Camus posted:

That's disgusting, what is wrong with you?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Inspector Hound posted:

Remember when you didn't have to unlock anything and you could just invite your friends over and play a loving videogame

I really wish every FPS didn't decide not to bother creating real local split-screen anymore. It's just not the same over headsets.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I really wish every FPS didn't decide not to bother creating real local split-screen anymore. It's just not the same over headsets.

I'm pretty sure COD has this? I think you can do split screen custom games?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Master Chief Collection owns for this very reason. Plus it works now.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
It would be pretty cool if there were a mode like ground war but with gas that rolled in to cover all areas beyond the next closest enemy-controlled objective. Each team has their own gas cloud that can only kill members of their own team.

Sort of force players to fight on a front instead of having half of each team going willy nilly sniping the enemy's rear positions.

Maybe it would actually suck to play but I'd like to try playing something like that.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You can do online splitscreen for sure. I did it with a friend when he got the game and it felt like I was untouchable in his lobbies.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think you can do 2-player split screen but I miss the old Halo-style games of 4 people hooked up to a TV and yelling at each other for screen peeking, etc. Unless I missed something and CoD has 4-player splits, which would be rad.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

I think you can do 2-player split screen but I miss the old Halo-style games of 4 people hooked up to a TV and yelling at each other for screen peeking, etc. Unless I missed something and CoD has 4-player splits, which would be rad.

Base consoles would probably explode trying to render 4 player split screen. Base Xbox is struggling enough as is.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I was really shocked when I saw an option for it in this one, I thought that was p cool

e even if it's just two people that's still good, it used to just be standard.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Live At Five! posted:

Base consoles would probably explode trying to render 4 player split screen. Base Xbox is struggling enough as is.

Ah, didn't even think about that.

Completely unrelated but how the hell do people get finishing moves? I want to unlock Krueger but the idea of doing 25 of those is nuts. I've only ever seen two people even attempt them and both times they were interrupted and didn't even get a kill. Everyone moves around so much I have no idea how you'd ever get one outside of stumbling on a camping sniper and activating dead silence.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Completely unrelated but how the hell do people get finishing moves? I want to unlock Krueger but the idea of doing 25 of those is nuts. I've only ever seen two people even attempt them and both times they were interrupted and didn't even get a kill. Everyone moves around so much I have no idea how you'd ever get one outside of stumbling on a camping sniper and activating dead silence.

I got like 20 in an hour or so on one of the Shipment playlists. I got two in a round of Hardpoint yesterday. Basically you just try to flank around the map and toss stuns when appropriate. It’s really tedious and frustrating. Running Dead Silence and Tune Up will help.

You might have better luck camping doorways but that’s just too boring for me to even try.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Weird place I found that's easy to pick them up is pre-match BR warmup rounds. A lot of people are very obvoisly AFK during that and ripe for fatality'ing. The only real risk is someone interrupting your finisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Just do finishing moves on downed dudes in war zone. Unless that doesn’t count for some reason