Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hello orbs!! BFM your friendly neighborhood goldminer here, with a project that I think you're gonna love!

Some of you may recall a few weeks ago I put out a request for images you thought really represented the BYOB experience. I was coy about it at the time but now I can reveal what they were for, and a little of what we've been doing behind the SA Front Page scenes recently: we're building a new SomethingAwful merch store full of brand new goodies! Shirts, hats, bags, prints of your favorite SA artwork, it's gonna be a real bonanza. But perhaps most excitingly, there will also be.... stickers!!!!

Yes stickers, actual Kiss Cut Vinyl stickers from Gooten, one of our new PoD services. They're fun, they're inexpensive, and proceeds all go to keeping the SomethingAwful forums running. So who better to come up with cool stickers than the 'yobbers? Hence, The BYOB Sticker Club, a regular contest/fundraiser to come up with new stickers for the official SA store!

Here are the FOUR MINUS TWO LEAVES TWO WTF???? images we have so far, taken from the submissions last time:

#3:

#4:

Please vote ITT which one you would like to be the first official BYOB sticker club sticker, and I will make sure it is available in our store!

(Note: My understanding is nobody claims the rights to any of these images, if that is wrong please PM me or post here and we will remove the offenders!)

But wait, there's more! Every month we want to add new stickers to the BYOB sticker club roster! Submit your designs in this thread (please only original / public domain images, as high a resolution as possible and nothing NSFW!) and if one of yours is chosen, you'll receive a fabulous prize: free avvie certs! Redtext your enemies or slap on a gangtag without breaking a sweat, spread beautiful BYOB stickers all over the world, and help SA stay online!

Remember, any designs you submit to this thread can and will be sold in the upcoming new SA store, and we are unfortunately not able to give artists a cut of the proceeds, this is essentially a charitable art drive to keep SA afloat. However I can promise you we will correctly attribute your forums username to your art for as long as it is sold, showing everybody that you've gone above and beyond to protect our weird little home.

This is still a very new project so guidelines are subject to change, but there's a serious push right now for this new store, it's happening. I think if we use this platform to spread a little BYOB chill on the world's binders, laptops, guitar cases and back car windows, everywhere a sticker might be stuck, we might make the whole world a little more laid-back. Thanks everyone, and welcome one and all to the sticker club!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I'm voting for #2 because although it comes from an inside joke, any passerby on the street will know what that dog has been up to .

tyvm Justa Dandelion and Ravenous Scoot

BoldFrankensteinMir

What IS the inside joke, PR? I agree it's just a funny image on its own but I'd love to know.

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

What IS the inside joke, PR? I agree it's just a funny image on its own but I'd love to know.

the dog smoked weed, for it's birthday!

this and gags puzzle thread are forcing me to finally organize my folders and i'm furious

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I nominate Manifisto's :nice: for a sticker

BoldFrankensteinMir

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I nominate Manifisto's :nice: for a sticker

I guess I was dissuade by the TM symbol, is that like ironic or something?

Sig by Heather Papps

Areola Grande

It's from a thread called Dogs With Human Eyes. Definitely worth a read

BoldFrankensteinMir

prepuce repurposed posted:

Aha, I thought the dog's eyes looked 'shopped but I hadn't guessed this. That's great, that means it's definitely original. Thank you!

Sig by Heather Papps

Areola Grande

my pleasure

Heather Papps

hello friend

i honestly thought it was just a weird dog, and have believed this for years. you destroyed my world tyvm

Areola Grande

Heather Papps posted:

i honestly thought it was just a weird dog, and have believed this for years. you destroyed my world tyvm

Click and become enlightened

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705354

nut

back last fall i made a bunch of yob logos i wanted to eventually print and just mail out for free as stickers but maybe they would help here? i think maybe some or all of them are either too niche or also for many legal reasons not good in a webstore but hey i found them all in chatthread

Areola Grande

what means gmungo :confused:

nut

what means gmungo :confused:

it means no worries for the rest of ur days

BoldFrankensteinMir

Are these two parodies of anything? All the rest will get us sued.

I appreciate the effort and your handicraft, but again everyone, please don't submit anything you aren't sure you have the rights to sell.

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

nut posted:

back last fall i made a bunch of yob logos i wanted to eventually print and just mail out for free as stickers but maybe they would help here? i think maybe some or all of them are either too niche or also for many legal reasons not good in a webstore but hey i found them all in chatthread

screaming in glee, downloadin' rapidly

nut

Are these two parodies of anything? All the rest will get us sued.

I appreciate the effort and your handicraft, but again everyone, please don't submit anything you aren't sure you have the rights to sell.

nirvana and the killers hahaha oh well I will still charity them someday

BoldFrankensteinMir

Sorry everybody, turns out StonedDog is NOT from that dogs with human eyes thread, and we don't own it. It has been removed from the candidates!

Sig by Heather Papps

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

crimes

Areola Grande

Sorry everybody, turns out StonedDog is NOT from that dogs with human eyes thread, and we don't own it. It has been removed from the candidates!

yeah, I just read that old thread again and it seemed borrowed just by the context in the op.

my vote is now for #1 pls

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

finally an excuse to go post byob stickers in public places again :twisted:

Heather Papps

hello friend

yeah, I just read that old thread again and it seemed borrowed just by the context in the op.

my vote is now for #1 pls

okay i can post this now

BoldFrankensteinMir

nut posted:

nirvana and the killers hahaha oh well I will still charity them someday

I thought they were something, totally makes sense they're music references (my only bigger pop culture blind spot is sports)

All awesome images, don't get me wrong. Sorry I gotta make it the BYOB Stickler Club.

Sig by Heather Papps

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

d-do we own hammock kitty??

BoldFrankensteinMir

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

d-do we own hammock kitty??

Heather Papps and I talked at length about it. Probably not. It's probably from like an Anne Geddes but Cats type calendar, although I know I haven't taken the time to grab a frame and Tineye it yet.

There was an idea about reillustrating him, which would mean a higher resolution and our own copyright, but honestly I don't really have the talent for drawing cats I know some other goons have. A new, open-source hammock cat sounds like a BYOB project all to it's own though.

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

it's a weird situation: if it's satire or parody, it becomes fair use, but with hammock cat in particular it's very sincere so... laws are weird as hell.

BoldFrankensteinMir

yeah if it's just the same image in the same context, that's just somebody else's image.

Sig by Heather Papps

Areola Grande

It's strange. Seems we only rlly own the friend square.

makes u think

Goons Are Gifts

I'd stick the friend square tbh

BoldFrankensteinMir

If I had my druthers I'd do some kind of event or something to show everybody how to determine the rights on images. There's so much in the commons but we just get lazy in 'shop contests and such, and the result is a giant chunk of our art that we don't actually own and can't do anything with.

Same thing with fonts. We might technically not own the friendship square either if it's not a free font, but that's such a nitpick I'm willing to risk it.

Sig by Heather Papps

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

nut posted:

f*ck the law these are all great and obviously parodic

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

BoldFrankensteinMir

owlhawk911 posted:

f*ck the law these are all great and obviously parodic

Okay, that's fair. Luckily I'm not the one in charge, so I'll run it by the boss and if they give a thumb's up, I'll add them.

I appreciate your moxie

Sig by Heather Papps

alnilam

City of Glompton

i like #4

stickers are great and byob stickers are even more great

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

ii like number 4. BUT i also like num,ber 3.

hey come to think of it number 1 isnt that bad either....

Areola Grande

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

hey come to think of it number 1 isnt that bad either....

the cool thing about #1 is that you could stick it on your Lisa Frank trapper keeper and have an analog friend square to touch anytime anyplace

Heather Papps

hello friend

buff nug

BoldFrankensteinMir

the cool thing about #1 is that you could stick it on your Lisa Frank trapper keeper and have an analog friend square to touch anytime anyplace

Not only that, you can snap a pic of it and people touch the square on the binder in the picture just like the regular version! It's the friendship hypercube!

Sig by Heather Papps

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

the friend square is an extremely powerful talisman of friendship i would love to be equipped with in sticker form

my favourite is the old school google style gmungo though. i don't know why it just makes me smile. like i'm about to make a search query on a network of chill friend energy. what if it had a search box with "lol" typed in and there was an "i'm feeling chill" option

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

owlhawk911 posted:

my favourite is the old school google style gmungo though. i don't know why it just makes me smile. like i'm about to make a search query on a network of chill friend energy. what if it had a search box with "lol" typed in and there was an "i'm feeling chill" option

I am legitimately hoping we can use all of those, they're fantastic, I'm just paranoid 'cause I have to be. It is being considered right now by powers greater than I.

Sig by Heather Papps