Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
French translation out. It's good.

Edit: Found an English translation here, can't vouch for the site quality so read at your own risk.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hell ya I've been waiting to see more of Apoo's fruit. Seems really strong but I'm guessing it has some restrictions.

For the Flying Six member Queen is planning on killing, the obvious answer is he found out about SWORD and it's Drake but that seems too obvious. Maybe it's Page One for failing to kill Sanji.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 22, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Apoo's base drop was no match for Kidd's Heavy Metal Punk

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
It's always nice to see the moment when a major character begins to realize the depth of the Strawhats' ridiculousness

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Scratchmen Apoo's rank in Kaido's crew keeps being a mystery other than that he's no lower than being at least a Headliner (who's stronger than that rank would indicate).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Folt The Bolt posted:

Scratchmen Apoo's rank in Kaido's crew keeps being a mystery other than that he's no lower than being at least a Headliner (who's stronger than that rank would indicate).

I mean Hawkins is also just a headliner. It might not be an issue of strength, it’s just that they haven’t been in the crew for very long.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Reiche posted:

It's always nice to see the moment when a major character begins to realize the depth of the Strawhats' ridiculousness

We're gonna get to see Law's alliance character arc all over again :allears:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Headliners are just below the Calamities/All-Stars, right? So that's a high pretty rank. And from what we've seen from last chapter, Headliners can become an All-Star if they took one out and replaced them. That implies that the two ranks aren't that far apart in strength, if someone like Who's Who thinks he's got a chance against the likes of Jack, King, and Queen.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Specifically the Flying Six/Tobi Roppo. A lot of the other headliners are pretty weak in comparison, (Hol D. Em, for example :v: )Though we don't know the gap in power, or if any of the Tobi Roppo might wind up being more powerful than any of the three calamities.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Will be really cool if the key to beating Scratchman is just putting some earplugs in (and Luffy might still have his from WCI!) - feels like a long time since Oda had the crew beat a baddie through something other than willpower/brute force.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cat Machine posted:

Will be really cool if the key to beating Scratchman is just putting some earplugs in (and Luffy might still have his from WCI!) - feels like a long time since Oda had the crew beat a baddie through something other than willpower/brute force.

Yeah, I agree with this theory. As long as you can hear the sound waves within range, you can be hit. This would explain how Kizaru, an intangible Logia Devil Fruit-user, was able to be affected by Apoo without the use of Haki all the way back on Sabaody Island.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Hell yeah Apoo! Looks like his power is make an attacking sound effect and the corresponding attack happens. I don't want his counter to be earplugs though. I want his weakness to be his attack timings are predictable if you can follow the beat. Hence a Brook-Franky tag team battle.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 22, 2020

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So Corazon would be a hard counter right?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
drat apoos fruit is the first one to really feel like a stand in a long time

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
It's kind of funny to look at the Eleven Supernovas' introductions and see which ones ended up being evil.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Apoo stronger than Katakuri confirmed

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I love that Zoro started out lecturing Luffy until he heard those fuckers were wasting perfectly good food that their little friend could have been eating.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I enjoy that Kidd was perfectly willing to let them cause poo poo to advance his plans until apoo showed up. Revenge is always worth it folks. ALWAYS. Get that mofo Kidd

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Yeah I love that Kidd is just about as on board with ignoring the plan as Luffy is. I was expecting him to be another (angrier) Law, but then WHAM

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

It's kind of funny to look at the Eleven Supernovas' introductions and see which ones ended up being evil.

Kid’s bounty was so high initially because he caused large civilian casualties so it’s not like being on Luffy’s side versus an Emperor makes them good.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man, Zoro and Luffy are Strawhatting at 11 in this chapter.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
please use his correct name: jaggy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so we're getting close to the big 1000 what do people think will be in it? the rest of the world learning about kaidou and big mams loss?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Jose posted:

so we're getting close to the big 1000 what do people think will be in it? the rest of the world learning about kaidou and big mams loss?

There is 0% chance Kaido & Big Mom lose in the next 20 chapters

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jose posted:

That isn't happening at this rate unfortunately.

Could be an old face reappearing, could be the announcement that Kaido has planned involving his son, could be the arrival of an outside force like blackbeard or the marines, who knows? :v:

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

a bunch of other mangaka all submit a drawing of luffy

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Could be some kind of fallout from Reverie, or otherwise learning more about Imu or what Shanks had to say to the elder stars. If it involves the Straw Hats directly then hearing some kind of revelation from Kaido, maybe.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
act three will end in chapter 999, chapter 1000 will have something absolutely insane happen (like vivis dead, im reveal or something), and part four will start with vegapunks face as he arrives on wano or something nuts.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Oh right we're still in act 3 for some reason
I just kind of mentally ended the act at the time jinbei came back

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I could have sworn the entire flashback was Act 3 and we were now on Act 4. Don't have easy access to those chapters to confirm though. Am I misremembering?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

jassa posted:

I could have sworn the entire flashback was Act 3 and we were now on Act 4. Don't have easy access to those chapters to confirm though. Am I misremembering?

there were some fake spoilers that said act 4 started in february

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

jassa posted:

That's what everyone assumed would happen, and tons of people spouting it as fact, but it was never officially confirmed and we never got an "end of act 3" or "start of act 4" page.

WE AIN'T EVEN 3/5 OF THE WAY THROUGH THIS poo poo YET FOLKS

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

no way Oda can write his way out of this one! you're done old man. it's over.. ch 1000 will happen mid arc and suck!!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Lpzie posted:

no way Oda can write his way out of this one! you're done old man. it's over.. ch 1000 will happen mid arc and suck!!

a mid-arc reveal would be cool too imo. wonder what it might be.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

anime was right posted:

a mid-arc reveal would be cool too imo. wonder what it might be.

luffy's super secret 3rd brother who has even more amnesia

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Dragon fighting would be cool

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Big Leg posted:

He's the user of the bonk-bonk fruit who's responsible for all of the amnesia in the story so far

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Big Leg posted:

oh you mean Yamato, Kaido's son

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Get this: mid arc party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Jose posted:

Dragon fighting would be cool

Is it the general consensus that Dragon ate the Wind logia fruit? Cause he who controls the winds controls the seas, on a planet that's 90% ocean. That level of influence alone could be half the reason why he's on top of the Most Wanted list.