Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Jamie Faith posted:

It's always funny when someone on twitter is whining that Danny era grumps sucks and they want Jon back and then you go to their profile and 10 times out of 10 they're some dumbass chud.

JT era sucked. Jon's idea of """"humor"""" was just screaming, saying slurs, and screaming slurs. Even when we all thought it was """just a joke""" it wasn't funny. But now that we know those are Jon's sincere beliefs... :yikes:

The worst thing Jon would do while on Game Grumps was sandbag episodes when he wasn't enjoying them. They uploaded dozens of episodes where Jon starts to slump two minutes into the video because he's not enjoying it, forcing Arin to do all of the heavy lifting. Jon-era Grumps had a number of good moments, but for every high there were ten times as many lows.

e: Well, except for shouting the n-word over and over again, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

like his solo channel is relative fantastic(I especially enjoyed his FF7R playthrough) his banter with his basically-wife Paige is adorable, his cat is a screaming trainwreck of a being, and I just wish things hadn't gone so awry with the group as a whole.

Pat may invite it on himself, but I did like he enjoyed FFVIIR and a bunch of his fans were like 'but why it sucks you have permission to hate it you were the chosen one' etc.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

A big part of their deal is that they seem to take their growth as performers and comedians really seriously and take acting and writing classes together. They are professionals about being a comedy duo, and you can really see their work pay off. I think they said they went to dialect coaching to work on their funny voices. I feel like Jontron would call that gay and yell that nobody should do it.

Maybe I haven't seen any of the new stuff since I only bother with the highlights, that comes off as a surprise. It sure feels like they've only got one female voice for every character.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Pat may invite it on himself, but I did like he enjoyed FFVIIR and a bunch of his fans were like 'but why it sucks you have permission to hate it you were the chosen one' etc.

It's kind of funny, because I don't think he actually straight up hates that much stuff. I think it was during his RE6 playthrough, which is just straight up undeniable dogshit, that usually when he dumps on something people like it's for funsies and to get a reaction out of them, not because he has strong opinions about the game. Which is a dick move in and of itself, but I don't think he's been the guy who actually hates everything for a long time.

Which would explain him changing his online handle from AngriestPat to Pat Stares At. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dawgstar posted:

I will always like that Pat is absolutely willing to point at his fanbase and go NO YOU'RE WRONG on poo poo like that in no uncertain terms. he's extremely straightforward in that way, for good or ill.

DoctorWhat posted:

Isn't Paige pals with Carl of Swindon?
the only questionable thing I know of her is her going on cumtown or whatever that podcast is. there was definitely a discussion of her being "lovebombed" by alt-right people in the sbf thread iirc, which was a term I did not know existed until that discussion, and is just so drat sinister. far as I've seen, she has never been hateful or anything. I think there was a part where she said she didn't want to just suddenly sever from people she'd known for a while, which, I get it. my mom has been friends with this one lady who has gone full blown fox news ultraracist grandma, etc for a while now and I've been like "you've gotta stop talking to her, she's awful" but mom's just like "I've known her forever, we just don't talk about politics anymore". I don't like that mentality, but I can at least understand it, you were friends before you discovered their ugly side, and you try to ignore that ugly side and continue like nothing is wrong. It's not good, but I get it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

I will always like that Pat is absolutely willing to point at his fanbase and go NO YOU'RE WRONG on poo poo like that in no uncertain terms. he's extremely straightforward in that way, for good or ill.

There was also the bit about Pat saying a developer had the right to change stuff based on the region of release (and was about removing something gross from a Japanese game that was released in the States, I think) and just flatly telling 'no' to Woolie who kept asking 'but is censorship?' I think that's the actual maddest I've seen his fanbase.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dawgstar posted:

There was also the bit about Pat saying a developer had the right to change stuff for their particular audience and just flatly telling 'no' to Woolie who kept asking 'but is censorship?' I think that's the actual maddest I've seen his fanbase.
ah, the #FE vaginabones thing? yeah, gently caress that, anyone defending that can gently caress off. that ain't censorship to begin with and woolie playing devils advocate for it was terrible

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
quote is not edit

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

DoctorWhat posted:

Isn't Paige pals with Carl of Swindon?

She's friends with Dick Masterson and his group who are all rooted deep in that early 2000s kind of edgy irony humor that's functionally interchangable with modern sincere alt-right poo poo. She was invited onto the Ralph Retort Killstream through them. I don't remember her being friend with Sargon.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

ah, the #FE vaginabones thing? yeah, gently caress that, anyone defending that can gently caress off. that ain't censorship to begin with and woolie playing devils advocate for it was terrible

I think Woolie's a good guy, but he's definitely too open-minded for lack of a better term.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

RE6 owns.

Also yeah Paige sucks and she put me off watching a lot of Pat and her own stuff when she went onto some bigots podcast, then pulled "B-BUT I'M A BI WOMAN (In a longstanding straight relationship) AND THEY WERE NICE TO ME! CONCERN TROLLING!" type nonsense when people said that the podcast/people on it she was hanging around with are pieces of poo poo, then got back pats from the friendly twitter nazis because those mean queers were acting up again.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 23, 2020

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Yardbomb posted:

RE6 owns.

Tell 'em

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fzvHob6eTM

i wish there were more people doing shortform criticism like this, he's really good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JordanKai posted:

The worst thing Jon would do while on Game Grumps was sandbag episodes when he wasn't enjoying them. They uploaded dozens of episodes where Jon starts to slump two minutes into the video because he's not enjoying it, forcing Arin to do all of the heavy lifting. Jon-era Grumps had a number of good moments, but for every high there were ten times as many lows.

e: Well, except for shouting the n-word over and over again, of course.

yea JT, aside from being a lovely guy, was also just really bad at comedy. Like, yea he'd just shut down if not instantly engaged, meaning the episode just became Arin doing all he could while Jon went 'uh huh'. At least now when there's a boring and unfunny game Danny finds something that reminds him of an album he likes or Arin just gives someone a funny voice and makes Danny giggle about it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

sexpig by night posted:

yea JT, aside from being a lovely guy, was also just really bad at comedy. Like, yea he'd just shut down if not instantly engaged, meaning the episode just became Arin doing all he could while Jon went 'uh huh'. At least now when there's a boring and unfunny game Danny finds something that reminds him of an album he likes or Arin just gives someone a funny voice and makes Danny giggle about it.

Danny is a legitimately charming guy and his banter with arin even over just the most boring poo poo is somehow listenable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF7i_Klzg5A

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

JonTron coming out as a race science guy in that debate is one of the funnier internet drama things. Just dumb as loving rock.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Yardbomb posted:

then pulled "B-BUT I'M A BI WOMAN (In a longstanding straight relationship)

Hey, I'm not trying to start poo poo or anything, and I'm sure you didn't mean anything by this but yeah, the implication of this bit here is a little yikes. Just because a bisexual person is in a straight relationship doesn't mean they're any less bi. I'm not defending her using her bisexuality as a shield. She sucks. But I know alot of bi people who put up with so much biphobia and told they "aren't actually bi/queer" because they're in a straight relationship. :(

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Groovelord Neato posted:

JonTron coming out as a race science guy in that debate is one of the funnier internet drama things. Just dumb as loving rock.

i remember him getting smashed by destiney or some other person in a debate or some poo poo and its clear that he just believed the bullshit because some alt right chuds told him so. what a dipshit.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bi is short for bisexual which means you go either way. it's not short for bigamist where you go both ways.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Yardbomb posted:

then pulled "B-BUT I'M A BI WOMAN (In a longstanding straight relationship)

wtf convinced you to post this.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

another yardbomb c-c-c-classic drop *airhorn*

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jamie Faith posted:

Hey, I'm not trying to start poo poo or anything, and I'm sure you didn't mean anything by this but yeah, the implication of this bit here is a little yikes. Just because a bisexual person is in a straight relationship doesn't mean they're any less bi. I'm not defending her using her bisexuality as a shield. She sucks. But I know alot of bi people who put up with so much biphobia and told they "aren't actually bi/queer" because they're in a straight relationship. :(

I meant more that chuds are easily willing to mentally paper over a bi lady who's been attached to a guy as long as they've known her as 'straight anyway' or something, it's like yeah those bigots were nice to you Paige, you're a pretty cis white lady in a "normal" relationship, especially for such a helpful stooge bonus when Paige already had a bunch of fans who are in the 'angry vidya boys' camp via Pat and otherwise, who are often super easy to turn onto "the evil essjays and PC people and the media" trash like they were pushing in the podcasts she was going on and trying to make excuses for. I didn't mean for it to be read as "SHE AIN'T EVEN GAY ANYWAY" but more what I've clarified, that chuds likely won't give a poo poo if you're bi if they can easily minimize that and profit.

I phrase things badly because I have bad brains that are getting worse all the time, if I say something poorly, it's likely to never be intentional but because it was working off my own idiot thought process I didn't convey.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 23, 2020

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the more offensive part of that post is thinking RE6 is good

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Yardbomb posted:

I meant more that chuds are easily willing to mentally paper over a bi lady who's been attached to a guy as long as they've known her as 'straight anyway' or something, it's like yeah those bigots were nice to you Paige, you're a pretty cis white lady in a "normal" relationship, especially for such a helpful stooge bonus when Paige already had a bunch of fans who are in the 'angry vidya boys' camp via Pat and otherwise, who are often super easy to turn onto "the evil essjays and PC people and the media" trash like they were pushing in the podcasts she was going on and trying to make excuses for. I didn't mean for it to be read as "SHE AIN'T EVEN GAY ANYWAY" but more what I've clarified, that chuds likely won't give a poo poo if you're bi if they can easily minimize that and profit.

I phrase things badly because I have bad brains that are getting worse all the time, if I say something poorly, it's likely to never be intentional.

Yeah I getcha. Like I said, I figured you didn't mean anything by it.

Groovelord Neato posted:

The only people dumber than JT are his stans who still defend him to this day, endlessly screaming "NO THEY TOOK HIM OUT OF CONTEXT! THE SJWS ARE TRYING TO SMEAR HIM LIKE THEY DID TO PEWDIEPIE BECAUSE OF CANCEL CULTURE" or some brain worm poo poo like that.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Danny is a legitimately charming guy and his banter with arin even over just the most boring poo poo is somehow listenable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF7i_Klzg5A

God I love the grumps :unsmith: :allears: Probably my all time favorite youtube channel besides Hbomberguy.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Hey speaking of the grumps, I'm watching this vid where Arin and Dan talk about movies right now :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub6kIEdpPUI&t=536s

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crocoswine posted:

the more offensive part of that post is thinking RE6 is good

RE6 is an incredible vehicle for Mercenaries mode and an awful, awful, awful linear storytelling experience

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Alaois posted:

RE6 is an incredible vehicle for Mercenaries mode and an awful, awful, awful linear storytelling experience

While I also like the incredibly dumb cheeseball action movie story a lot, yeah RE6 just feels very nice to run and slide and roll and shoot zombiemonsters, you always feel really maneuverable.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
RE6 is garbage but it feels a lot better if you see it as a parody of the series in general.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
There were individual moments of RE6 where I'd be genuinely enjoying it and then it would invariably turn into a motorcycle chase or some poo poo.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

cum boat

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I've been lazy about posting here (used to be the top poster in the Internet Person threads, for shame)
Ran into Dick the Birthday Boy while working back in January. I know my smile is goofy and awkward as all poo poo but man it seriously made my entire year.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Alacron posted:

There were individual moments of RE6 where I'd be genuinely enjoying it and then it would invariably turn into a motorcycle chase or some poo poo.

I had fun in coop. Especially with Chris and the Rookie. Especially the final fight of their chapter where the rookie gets Krauser powers.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Tracula posted:

I've been lazy about posting here (used to be the top poster in the Internet Person threads, for shame)
Ran into Dick the Birthday Boy while working back in January. I know my smile is goofy and awkward as all poo poo but man it seriously made my entire year.

Haha oh wow! Congrats! That's awesome!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Tracula posted:

I had fun in coop. Especially with Chris and the Rookie. Especially the final fight of their chapter where the rookie gets Krauser powers.

Figuring out Jake's daddy Wesker Matrix gun fu stuff also ruled.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Btw does anyone have a link to the first version of this thread? I can find v2 and v3 but not the original. >.<

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Yardbomb posted:

Figuring out Jake's daddy Wesker Matrix gun fu stuff also ruled.

Yeah. I can't defend RE6 at all but as a loving stupid coop experience it's absolutely amazing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if they inevitably do get around to remaking RE6 in a way that is more in line with the way they've been treating the series in the newer games i would actually like to see it focused on the Jake/Sherry storyline because i feel like there's actual potential there when it's not bogged down by confusing, batshit insane storytelling and some of the worst level design in AAA gaming

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Alaois posted:

if they inevitably do get around to remaking RE6 in a way that is more in line with the way they've been treating the series in the newer games i would actually like to see it focused on the Jake/Sherry storyline because i feel like there's actual potential there when it's not bogged down by confusing, batshit insane storytelling and some of the worst level design in AAA gaming

Also that yeah, I liked their story together, adult semi-Wolverine Sherry is neat and Jake is the secret good boy. They're also very cute together.

I also wish we could ever get Sheva in another game too, but that probably won't happen until the RE5make.

But also just yeah sorry thread that I ever come off lovely without meaning to, my ability to talk is often worse than my typing by this point, feel like I'm perpetually scatterbrained a lot of the time and medicine mostly stopped helping.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 23, 2020

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tracula posted:

So was it intentional that this was taken in front of the beer section :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tracula posted:

Mad jelly.