Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://w16.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-272/ Main series is out too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So much for these complaints about nothing happening.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If you want to get technical there is an extremely fatal amount of nothing happening

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Is it just me, or does Crust look like Thanos in the panel where he's smiling?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

we'll see how everything here shakes out but right now it's looking like the heroes' advantage is going to go poof the moment shigaraki wakes up, and that's been sort of a recurring problem with this manga in general - when two groups of characters go at it, there's seldom a believable power struggle between them, just a one-sided rout that will maybe about-face if horikoshi flips the "you lose" switch

he dun flipped it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Is it just me, or does Crust look like Thanos in the panel where he's smiling?

Dude is channelling All Might there

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/SymbolOfSmash/status/1263813487190347776?s=19

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Dude is channelling All Might there

I meant more his mask and facial shape than the expression.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Well Deku's new limit is way higher than I thought it would be... easily as strong if not stronger than Endeavor if his body can handle it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Deku, I'm not sure how much a kick is going to do against a disintegration wave.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The hospital didn't feel so good.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Welp! So much for the push those super elite Nomu were getting.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mystic Mongol posted:

Only so much they can do against large numbers of good pro heroes when they were not even combat ready.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

I mean, the doctor unleashed them to hold off the heroes long enough for Shigaraki to wake up, so they did their job.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

RIP to Crust, a true hero

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

rannum posted:

RIP to Crust, a true hero

Already a goner, manages to save someone as his last act. He did good.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Already a goner, manages to save someone as his last act. He did good.

and he made sure to go out with a smile (& a thumbs up!)
that's the good poo poo right there

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope Wash and the Wild Wild Pussycats made it out okay. They were pretty close to the decay wave there. :ohdear:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I hope Wash and the Wild Wild Pussycats made it out okay. They were pretty close to the decay wave there. :ohdear:
I'm a bit worried about the Pussycats but I'm entirely confident in Wash's survival. They scared away the devouring void.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhonne posted:

I mean, the doctor unleashed them to hold off the heroes long enough for Shigaraki to wake up, so they did their job.

Yep, and if it weren't for Crust's last-second intervention one of them would have guaranteed the deaths of Eraserhead, LockRock, Ryukyu, and all the others that Ryukyu was carrying by providing a bridge for the Decay to them.

Related, Ryukyu's really pulling her weight and then some in the escape sequence here; look at all those people she's carrying in her last appearance this chapter. Good work dragon lady.

Edit: Ahahahaha, holy gently caress, Shiggy stole X-Less's cape. "I'm cold" indeed. Also, this chapter is apparently named "Good Morning". Fantastic.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 23, 2020

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

As much as I like reading this early though man some of those pages are smeared to hell and back.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh shiiiiiit

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, I couldn't really tell what was happening to at least one of the Pussycats, there, who seems to be maybe falling back toward the decay wave in that last panel? Hard to parse.

It was also kind of tough to tell how many folks were getting disintegrated generally, you could definitely see one or two generic heroes dissolving in some panels but I think just two named (and minor) casualties so far? Are we supposed to be thinking the hospital dissolving like that just killed most of the people there apart from the named heroes we saw escape?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dolash posted:

Yeah, I couldn't really tell what was happening to at least one of the Pussycats, there, who seems to be maybe falling back toward the decay wave in that last panel? Hard to parse.

It was also kind of tough to tell how many folks were getting disintegrated generally, you could definitely see one or two generic heroes dissolving in some panels but I think just two named (and minor) casualties so far? Are we supposed to be thinking the hospital dissolving like that just killed most of the people there apart from the named heroes we saw escape?

It was Pixie-bob using her earth quirk to block the decay. They're probably fine.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Rhonne posted:

Deku, I'm not sure how much a kick is going to do against a disintegration wave.

It's like a fire break

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dolash posted:

This scan quality is awful which combined with Horkoshi's art's already kind of iffy readability makes this entire scene extra hard to follow

The official scans will look better and not have this dumb website's loving watermark shoved into every other page like it's a text box in the story holy poo poo is that annoying

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chapter 270 (last week's) colored.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

This scan quality is awful which combined with Horkoshi's art's already kind of iffy readability makes this entire scene extra hard to follow

The official scans will look better and not have this dumb website's loving watermark shoved into every other page like it's a text box in the story holy poo poo is that annoying

Yeah, we should probably just not bother posting the early scans in general.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This one looks really good in color, the Shigaraki dream sequence in particular.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Official Release

I don't think Thirteen made it out. :smith:

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 24, 2020

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Rhonne posted:

Official Release

I'm really worried about the Pussycats. It does look like Pixie-Bob was trying to do something to avert it, but who knows if that would work.

I'm going to be really sad if Ragdoll is the only one left by virtue of not having a quirk anymore. :(

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Plus ultra shiggy is slick as gently caress

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Viridiant posted:

I'm really worried about the Pussycats. It does look like Pixie-Bob was trying to do something to avert it, but who knows if that would work.

I'm going to be really sad if Ragdoll is the only one left by virtue of not having a quirk anymore. :(

Kota really doesn't need to lose another set of parental figures. :ohdear:

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Crust is a real drat hero

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

An endless tide of "I'll hold it back, just keep running". RIP.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

This scan makes it clearer that there's a bunch of heroes in Dr. Garaki's lab who Ryukyu couldn't grab. On page 13 we can see she's only carrying seven people (Eraser, Rocklock, Endeavor's mummy sidekick, three heroes I don't recognize, and Native (you can see the headband)), while Gran Torino has two (Mic and Dr. Garaki) and Endeavor is holding Mirko and another unidentified hero while blasting out.

Page 11 you can see a bunch of heroes trying to run away on foot. I count approximately 11-12 heroes who aren't already being carried by Gran Torino/Ryukyu. 4 of these get picked up by Ryukyu (Eraser, Native, and two heroes next to Native). It's small but you can make out Thirteen's right arm disintegrating on Page 11, Panel 1. She's donezo.

Crust dying on page 12 pretty much confirms that everyone else who we don't see being carried away is dusted.

Page 14, I think Wash's toast too unless they can rocket boost away on a jetstream of soap suds or some poo poo. Two more faceless heroes get disintegrated on the next panel.

Pixie-Bob tries to stop the disintegration wave on Page 15 but the final panel on 15 and the first panel on page 16 shows that the earth is already disintegrating, which doesn't bode well for her survival. Given Tiger stopped running to turn and yell at her, Tiger is probably dusted too if that earth barrier disintegrates. Can't tell one way or another about Mandalay, it depends on if she stopped too, how fast the disintegration wave is, etc.

Speaking of Crust... the Top 10 is in pretty bad shape.

1. Endeavor -- Currently fleeing the disintegration wave carrying Mirko and another hero.
  2. Hawks -- Seriously wounded: back/wings burnt to a crisp.
  3. Best Jeanist -- Dead?
  4. Edgeshot -- Raiding PLF's HQ, in vicinity of Gigantomachia.
  5. Mirko -- Seriously wounded: left arm ripped off at the elbow, heavy damage to left ribcage and left hip, right calf torn to the bone, right ear's tip shredded.
  6. Crust -- Dust.
  7. Kamui Woods -- Raiding PLF's HQ, in vicinity of Gigantomachia.
  8. Wash -- Last shown on the leading edge of the disintegration wave.
  9. Yoroi Musha -- Raiding PLF's HQ, in vicinity of Gigantomachia.
  10. Ryukyu -- Currently fleeing the disintegration wave carrying multiple heroes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ryukyu about to shoot right up those rankings.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
We haven’t even heard plus ultra shiggy tell the heroes to have tons of fear cause he’s here yet, no way hero society isn’t done within 3-4 issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Actually pretty hype to see a lot of the Pro Heroes (Most of whom barely have names let alone actual narrative presence) get dusted. As fun as some of them have been it's really felt like every arc has just been introducing more and more of them but doing nothing with them and when we already have 2 whole classes of kids that need to do things (some of which are kind of the protagonists) it always felt like the author was trying to do that cool trick HxH did every new arc but not really committing to the bit.