Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bring back old gbs posted:

im allowed to post my chaturbate link and im not gonna stop

My onlyfans subs get to hear about all the soul-crushing new reboots and remakes hours before this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Rawhead Rex is awesome. It's a bad movie but there's just something rad about it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I think it's pretty obvious the Academy literally doesn't know what sound mixing and editing is.

i've always wondered how editing is judged, do they get both the raw chronological footage and the final product to compare?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I'm not a fan of Rawhead Rex but I do like the creature design, especially when he runs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I wanna hear if Blood Machines is worth watching but I have no plans on subscribing to another streaming service sorry Shudder.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

hemale in pain posted:

Rawhead Rex is awesome. It's a bad movie but there's just something rad about it.

Clive Barker directed Hellraiser himself, because after seeing Rawhead Rex, he was like, "I could do a better job than this poo poo!"

LET'S GET BACK TO HELLRAISER CHAT MOTHERFUCKERS!!! :jackbud:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seriously good cast in that Rex film

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Rawhead Rex is also one of the first horror movies where a kid gets killed that I remember seeing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

priznat posted:

I wanna hear if Blood Machines is worth watching but I have no plans on subscribing to another streaming service sorry Shudder.

They always have 30 day promo codes floating around.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dark Knight's still good sorry haters.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it’s fine

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Shudder has a 30day trial code: SHUTIN

gogogogo

Also Amazon Prime channels let you sub for 30 days too.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
did anyone mention that "woman with a golden arm" is an old ghost story? old enough for public domain i guess

Stink Billyums posted:

I lived down the street from the mall they used and didn't find out they were shooting there until just after they wrapped. Man I wish I knew. A bunch of the location shots are in the immediate area around that mall, it's fun seeing your neighbourhood in the apocalypse.

hell yeah

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

bring back old gbs posted:

im allowed to post my chaturbate link and im not gonna stop

well?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's a great performance by Heath Ledger, but everything else is kinda bad. The plot twists are almost incoherent.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I wonder who Jay wrangled to watch Rawhead Rex with him. probably josh, or. very drunk, bitter Mike.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Weirdo posted:

did anyone mention that "woman with a golden arm" is an old ghost story? old enough for public domain i guess

What.

So the clips flying around are just the set up to a ghost story? Is it a version of that nasty Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark tale about a kid digging up a toe and eating it, but instead of a toe someone digs up her golden arm and she wants it back?

'Cuz that's way easier to fix than a decomposed human toe that you made soup out of.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

eric ciaramella posted:

I wonder who Jay wrangled to watch Rawhead Rex with him. probably josh, or. very drunk, bitter Mike.

how many times do you think jay mentioned that rawhead rex is very subtlety supposed to be a penis

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

eric ciaramella posted:

It's a HitB, so it's gotta be Mike.

I barely remember the Rawhead Rex movie, does it have the part where Rawhead Rex baptizes a priest with a golden shower from the short story?

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

LabyaMynora posted:

What.

So the clips flying around are just the set up to a ghost story? Is it a version of that nasty Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark tale about a kid digging up a toe and eating it, but instead of a toe someone digs up her golden arm and she wants it back?

'Cuz that's way easier to fix than a decomposed human toe that you made soup out of.

It's part of the Sam Raimi 50 States of FRIGHT

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

LabyaMynora posted:

It's a HitB, so it's gotta be Mike.

I barely remember the Rawhead Rex movie, does it have the part where Rawhead Rex baptizes a priest with a golden shower from the short story?

It sure does!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mallratcal posted:

It sure does!

:sickos:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Let me tell you something. Being an adolescent in the 1990's and reading Clive Barker while having no idea it's about Gay BDSM sex is a trip!!!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Excited for the breen content. Wise after the plinkett review to focus on someone a little more coherent than mike for a while

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I've probably made this argument before, but it's the most thematically cohesive of his movies

it's about faith and whether the effects of faith are more important than whether or not that faith is misplaced

batman upholds the myth of harvey dent as the white knight for the same reason alfred burns rachel's letter
because the joker is wrong, because even the criminals on the boats didn't pull the trigger
because just because the rules are made up, and people are fallible, just because the legends aren't true, doesn't mean they don't matter
when you give people something to believe in, they'll follow it, and that's more important than the reality of the legend

you don't have to like it, but everything in the movie points to a clear thesis

and it's an excellent obverse to richard donner's superman. the cynic would love to point out that, whether or not you "believe a man can fly", at the end of the day, superman isn't real. well, here's this dark, "gritty", """realistic""" batman movie, and it's screaming with every frame that the truth of the legend isn't as important as what it inspires

themes help a movie resonate. it's part of why everybody remembers e.t., and wrath of khan, and there will be blood- they're about something. skyfall was about aging and obsolescence and being haunted by mistakes of the past, jurassic park was about science and nature and failing systems of control, every aronofsky movie (except mother) is about the unintentional horrors that emerge when someone tries to become something greater than they are, every spider-man movie is about responsibility and how your middle-aged father figures will inevitably betray you

I love inception, but what is the theme of that movie?
it's about this process of making people think things without them knowing you made them think it, right? or the slight of hand of filmmaking itself? I've seen that argued
but it's... dreams. dreams within dreams, dreams are faster inside other dreams. memories of dead wife manifest as killer trains. if you're in the dream when they wake up you go to dream hell and you stay there so long you go insane. the man wants to see his kids
what is inception about?
I'll tell ya, it's about TWO AND A HALF HOURS AHEHEH HEUHEHEUHEYEUHHEHUEHEH EHEN]

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nolan is my favorite director and Inception is my favorite movie of all time. There really isn't anyone doing what he does with cinema right now and outside of the Batman stuff he's always doing an original movie, with an actual unique story and interesting concept, as well the insistence of practical effects by any means necessary - that physical rotating hallway was something you'd never see for poo poo like the MCU which has literally unlimited money and resources, and it shows when the climax of Avengers or whatever the gently caress is all the heroes charging in front of a muddy grey/brown CGI sea of muck.

Tenet's gonna be incredible.

Cubone posted:

I love inception, but what is the theme of that movie?
it's about this process of making people think things without them knowing you made them think it, right? or the slight of hand of filmmaking itself? I've seen that argued
but it's... dreams. dreams within dreams, dreams are faster inside other dreams. memories of dead wife manifest as killer trains. if you're in the dream when they wake up you go to dream hell and you stay there so long you go insane. the man wants to see his kids
what is inception about?
I'll tell ya, it's about TWO AND A HALF HOURS AHEHEH HEUHEHEUHEYEUHHEHUEHEH EHEN]

A man gets lost in his work and loses his connection with his wife and she kills herself for it. She proceeds to haunt his dreams, which are, tragically enough, his workplace. The plot of the film is him overcoming the grief he's suffered from the loss of his wife. It's a relatively simple film that doesn't scream this into your face, which is why people miss it. You can blame mainstream Hollywood for breaking people's brains.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cubone posted:

it's about faith and

Stop right there here’s 500 million dollars

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

priznat posted:

It's a not-feature-length music video, which you may or may not like depending on how you feel about Carpenter Brut, it's very cheaply done, so anything that isn't pure CG is a couple people in a set the size of a phone booth.

I certainly wouldn't pay for a subscription just to see it, but there's always :filez:. YMMV

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Taintrunner posted:

Nolan is my favorite director and Inception is my favorite movie of all time.

The snowmobile scenes felt really boring and pointless. There's something bloodless about the way he does action scenes and he mostly does high-concept action movies so that's a problem

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

priznat posted:

Shudder has The Last Drive-In, worth it. New ep in a couple hours :woop:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oh but seriously I posted:

The snowmobile scenes felt really boring and pointless. There's something bloodless about the way he does action scenes and he mostly does high-concept action movies so that's a problem

The hallway scene rules though.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

A man gets lost in his work and loses his connection with his wife and she kills herself for it. She proceeds to haunt his dreams, which are, tragically enough, his workplace. The plot of the film is him overcoming the grief he's suffered from the loss of his wife. It's a relatively simple film that doesn't scream this into your face, which is why people miss it. You can blame mainstream Hollywood for breaking people's brains.
good post

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They're making a Coming to America sequel called Coming 2 America

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

:psyduck:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

PostNouveau posted:

They already made The Dictator, though.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

from the director of Dolemite is my Name, so... idk, maybe

Eddie Murphy's been pitching around late sequels to coming to america and beverly hills cop for like a decade. I'm not getting my hopes up, but maybe he's finding his second wind

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

from the director of Dolemite is my Name, so... idk, maybe

It's gonna be PG-13

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

oh but seriously I posted:

That's my problem with Inception. I saw it years after it came out and it just didn't live up to the hype that I'd heard about it. For me most of the action scenes were just boring. Even the twisting hallway wasn't very exciting. Most of the movie felt so plodding. None of it clicked for me, but I love The Prestige.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
If Jack wants to continue prerec but Rich doesn't how come he doesn't roll it himself?