Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kibner posted:

No. He moves his feet better but he doesn't anticipate quick enough to overcome his lateral footspeed. His end-to-end speed is much better than I remember it ever being. But the lateral quickness is what dooms him to only being playable against unathletic frontcourts.

He can probably play forever in his current role

Good for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The back lighting makes Harden look like an old greyhead.
https://twitter.com/MickstapeShow/status/1263934458585059328?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s looking quite Old Testement

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Please ignore minutes played, FTA, time against starters, and any sort of lineup effectiveness (adjusted +/-. etc)

Rose's MVP campaign was a weak one but 2010-11 Rose was still really, really good

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Redgrendel2001 posted:

root beer bottle

He looks like he's ready to tell Westbrook that he's the captain now

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I've been watching a bunch of 90's basketball. I'm not sure whether to be proud of this.
Here are my hot takes:

There are a lot of dudes that can't shoot.
Everyone is packed in so tightly the illegal defense rules are somewhat overrated. Although it did lead to things like greg ostertag standing far away from the basket just to pull a defender away. It seemed to get more and more in that direction as the 90's went on. Now at least those guys have to be able to shoot.

The present the ball and rip through foul drawing game would not work. Dudes were getting hit on the arms constantly and if you flailed looking for a call the ref just ignored you.

Jordan would still be god today. Kawhi has stolen a lot from him.
Reggie would be incredible today. Klay Thompson but can actually dribble (probably not the defender Klay is)

The bulls offense devolves into the guard quickie MJ-Rodman high screen going middle or an MJ postup.
No one dunks on people in traffic anymore.

Ewing is underrated. He should have called the league office and cried until Pippen got suspended.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Whoever wrote this is trying to hide the truth by pretending that ppg stands for points per gthirtysix.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I feel like this says a lot about the quality of food available in strip clubs

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

What's the rapes per 36?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

[Derrick] Rose is back [BACK]

-the ringer dot com

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
NBA players are so soft. As a bar manager, I’m back to work and ready to reopen next week, because the people that want to eat out are more important than the people who have to serve them. If you hear me complaining, or sobbing at night in full-fledged existential despair, you’re too close man.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
be safe friend

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
There's no way thats barqs

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Ringer is a very stupid website but even for them an article/section about how great Derrick Rose's per 36 minute stats are is pretty rough. Per 36 stats are mostly useful for trying to make your rookie bigs seem better than they are

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

The Ringer is a very stupid website but even for them an article/section about how great Derrick Rose's per 36 minute stats are is pretty rough. Per 36 stats are mostly useful for trying to make your rookie bigs seem better than they are

Hear the ringer out it's clearly saying he should have never been mvp

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

did somebody say ringer

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1263965204599234561

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

euphronius posted:

He’s looking quite Old Testement

ol jimmy stone tablets spoke to the burning bush and determined that THAT IS NOT A GODDAMN CARRY REF

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

for safety, the nba should only use current and former nba players that have immunity to the 'ronas this july

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Deeply concerned that MJ is taking out his 90s foes one-by-one as a Last Dance victory lap

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Isn't Ewing Georgetown's coach too? Or did that end

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

The ultimate test of ewing theory

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

xbilkis posted:

Deeply concerned that MJ is taking out his 90s foes one-by-one as a Last Dance victory lap

Karl Malone is out here looking like a Justified villain so he's ready.

https://twitter.com/E60/status/1263230392653492225?s=19

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Isn't Ewing Georgetown's coach too? Or did that end

He is although he just chased their best player into transferring so maybe not for much longer

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i agree with karl malone, he is a bad man

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MourningView posted:

He is although he just chased their best player into transferring so maybe not for much longer

He's pretty much done. They lost 6 or 7 players and had some pretty bad off court stuff. I'm not surprised McClung gtfo.

Lewis Skolnick
Nov 4, 2011

Lockback posted:

Lol, Australia is allowing restaurants to have up to 50 people inside starting June 1st, and have re-opened borders. I don't think Joe is thinking this through.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/pubs-clubs-and-restaurants-will-be-allowed-to-seat-up-to-50-patrons-from-june-1-20200522-p54vhg.html

Jingles is from Adelaide, where they haven't had a new case of the roni since May 7 and they still haven't opened their state borders.

Only border that's open is between NSW and Victoria, which coincidentally are the only two Australian states to have community transmission now, but it's like 15 new cases each day.

Every single day I think how lucky we are in Perth, we are slowly opening poo poo up again because we have no community transmission, have 3 active cases in the whole state and only had around 500 cases when we locked the gently caress down. If I was Jingles I would want to be home in Aus too.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Lewis Skolnick posted:

Jingles is from Adelaide, where they haven't had a new case of the roni since May 7 and they still haven't opened their state borders.

Only border that's open is between NSW and Victoria, which coincidentally are the only two Australian states to have community transmission now, but it's like 15 new cases each day.

Every single day I think how lucky we are in Perth, we are slowly opening poo poo up again because we have no community transmission, have 3 active cases in the whole state and only had around 500 cases when we locked the gently caress down. If I was Jingles I would want to be home in Aus too.

really leaving and going anywhere that’s not brazil or the uk is a tremendous upgrade

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Algund Eenboom posted:

The ultimate test of ewing theory

When he dies we will have a vaccine

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Boredumb posted:

Joseph Tsai owns the Nets not Jack Ma

My mistake. I was just thinking "the alibaba guy"

Cool Buff Man posted:

I think they're just having fun. That website has stooped to posting game of thrones fan fiction because they have not a loving thing to write about. Hopefully fawning articles about spotify exclusive true crime podcasts???

Derrick Rose's fantastic off the dribble three point shooting and evolved vision as a passer have made him really good. He gets worn out playing more than 20 minutes a game. If you have someone else to play 26 minutes or so he'll be tearing mixed bench/starter units to pieces.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think they're just having fun. That website has stooped to posting game of thrones fan fiction because they have not a loving thing to write about. Hopefully fawning articles about spotify exclusive true crime podcasts???

Derrick Rose's fantastic off the dribble three point shooting and evolved vision as a passer have made him really good. He gets worn out playing more than 20 minutes a game. If you have someone else to play 26 minutes or so he'll be tearing mixed bench/starter units to pieces.

Oh yeah I forgot to talk about the game of thrones fanfiction. That was a shocking development and I can't believe it happened. I really want basketball back my man

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

NBA desktop is excellent so let Concepcion do whatever he wants (today's has some very good Paul Pierce takes).

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://mobile.twitter.com/jgsiegel/status/1264026611650723840

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
TIL Jerry Sloan is the pride of Gobbler’s Knob

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He's pretty much done. They lost 6 or 7 players and had some pretty bad off court stuff. I'm not surprised McClung gtfo.

McClung wanted to follow Iverson's path so bad, it had to be a really untenable situation for him to decide to leave Georgetown

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i obviously never saw him play because i'm not that old, but i imagine as basically a tough-rear end guard who smacked people i would love jerry sloan the bull. he's got his number retired because he led the lovely-rear end old bulls to their only division title before jordan.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Jerry Sloan was a great coach. Just a sad year.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
So after watching the last dance: the bulls are going to be good ever again or what the gently caress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

So after watching the last dance: the bulls are going to be good ever again or what the gently caress

lmao no

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

poo poo, he's out of root beer

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

James Harden using his gather step to clear the Red Sea without a violation

James Harden hanging at a strip club called The Burning Bush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

James Harden wanders the wastes for the rest of his career, never himself reaching the promised land