Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Now that bungie has nuked all the hacker account i am the #1 glory ranked player across all 3 platforms.

I am not sure what their 5500 tie breaker is. Maybe a combination or games played, win
% and kd... but I'll take it.

Wavesplitter and sidearm. gently caress the meta.

I will cry when they sunset my smugglers. No other sidearm feels this good :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom
Wavesplitter needs nerfed pretty badly. Most OP exotic in the game.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Chappy posted:

Paul Tassi is that you??

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Chappy posted:

Im season 4 its was fuckimg unbelievable. 22 crit and 26 when max power. 0.4 ttk or some poo poo. But then again thats when lunas and not forgotten were also in their prime.

Now its still good. Its basically a slightly better auto rifle with great base stats. No ome uses it though

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseFactory posted:

Im season 4 its was fuckimg unbelievable. 22 crit and 26 when max power. 0.4 ttk or some poo poo. But then again thats when lunas and not forgotten were also in their prime.

Now its still good. Its basically a slightly better auto rifle with great base stats. No ome uses it though

rn it’s basically a better Galliard that starts with only 1/2 a mag of ammo

Congrats, that’s pretty impressive :brainworms::hf::brainworms:

lobotomy molo fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 17, 2020

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Congrats.

Signed,

SmugglersWord

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Fly Molo posted:

Yeah, that’s the life cycle of a destiny player:

Month 1: holy poo poo this owns :catdrugs:
Month 3: wow, uh, lots of ball-throwing mechanics? And I have to grind for how many headshots?? :stonklol:
Month 6: goddamMIT BUNGIE I JUST EARNED THAT :supaburn:
Month 9: IM DONE WITH THIS poo poo, gently caress YOU BUNGO :bungie:
Month 12+: lmao no i will not log off you can’t make me :brainworms:

I could honestly handle the nightmarish grinds if it weren't for the fact that they all encourage what amounts to trolling your team in any kind of group activity.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

At this point, with how obviously negative and damning the last few pages of both the console and PC destiny threads have been.. I seriously can’t tell anymore if these “I’m new is it worth it?” posts are just pure troll jokes or not.

I mean.. honest question. Have you read the last few pages of this thread or the Pc thread?

At one point I used to play a lot of Destiny 2 (picked it up when it was a freebie on PSN in 2018 before upgrading to Forsaken), and loved the gunplay/gameplay, even as a mostly solo player. Though I'm probably in a minority and also enjoyed running Strikes with pubbies.

I haven't played for about a year, Season of the Forge was the last time I put serious energy into the game, unlocking all Forges with all 3 characters and attempting to farm frames with all 3 is what probably ended my interest in the game. So when Prime Gambit came out I called it a day, as a sub-par PvP player I couldn't help but think I was a hindrance to my team even more than regular Gambit.

I logged in for the 1st time in a year this week and not surprisingly there are a lot of (small) changes, UI, gear stats, Artifacts etc. I was preparing to set myself the task of getting reacquainted with all these but to be honest after reading the last few pages of this and the PC thread I'm not sure I'll bother. I'm assuming most of the big changes to the game/story are behind the Shadowkeep expansion and I'd guess I'm not going to get much as a PvE/Solo biased player (are the 2 new Strikes even any good?) as there seems to be a continual push for either PvP modes like Trials or Horde mode gameplay.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Bushiz posted:

I could honestly handle the nightmarish grinds if it weren't for the fact that they all encourage what amounts to trolling your team in any kind of group activity.

The most Destiny 2 thing to do is spend months and months getting a gun then grinding out the catalyst.

Then angrily throw it in your vault once it's all finished and hope to never use it again.

Right now I'm grinding the Polaris Lance and Sunshot Catalyst. It's real fun when you have to firefly weak enemies, specifically next to other weak enemies, to move the need .01% towards completion.

Edit - When I finished the top bar of kills for Sunshot, the bar under it for firefly kills was 6%. :stare:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Captain Log posted:

The most Destiny 2 thing to do is spend months and months getting a gun then grinding out the catalyst.

Then angrily throw it in your vault once it's all finished and hope to never use it again.

Right now I'm grinding the Polaris Lance and Sunshot Catalyst. It's real fun when you have to firefly weak enemies, specifically next to other weak enemies, to move the need .01% towards completion.

I farmed Polaris Lance catty in the Castellum, very easy. Lance slaps and it’s one of the. Enter catalysts, IMO.

I’ve been thinking about what one poster said about how Legendary and Pinnacle weapons are too good, and how the meta shifting away from Exotics being the best guns is bad for the game, and I just can’t help but agree completely. Certain exotics being top tier Raid DPS or powerful PvP gear seems really good to me, and the all legendary pinnacle meta really homogenized the game and made it feel less like Destiny and more like COD, which sucks and is bad.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Captain Log posted:

I stopped playing for primarily this reason. The bloat, the sluggishness, the tower loading, the inventory, lots of these things are asinine after playing for so long. But the guns. I feel like there are just way too many and none of them matter.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I stopped playing because there were only 2 truly active PC clans. The clan I was in was completely full of goons who never communicated or talked to each other. We would routinely have like 35-40 people playing but maybe 4-5 people in chat or Discord. As a PvE player that made raiding suck.

So I would get my weekly raids in Overchill, but that group coagulated into routine weekly groups so fast that the only I got to raid Garden was when someone else dropped.

Back in Black Armory or Last Wish I could scrape a raid together any night of the week but for some reason Garden didn’t draw people in and after two weeks of no raiding and barely seeing any interest in HOTDOG I just stopped trying :(

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I will say this -

Swapping to a 1TB SSD for my active games has totally changed how much I get to play. I can get between planets in a minute or two. Logging in is the same. It's a game changer.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

The felwinters quest is bugged. Because of course it is lol

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'm starting to suspect that all QA is done by the person who wrote that particular section of code, because "quest step doesn't start for the entire player base" should have popped up real fast.

TomVanDam
Apr 25, 2010
Getting back into this, should I buy the current season at this stage? I liked the look of the new shotgun plus fourth horseman, but would I be able to progress with these sepraph towers of whatever and is there any point considering it’s only 2 weeks or so until the new season.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

TomVanDam posted:

Getting back into this, should I buy the current season at this stage? I liked the look of the new shotgun plus fourth horseman, but would I be able to progress with these sepraph towers of whatever and is there any point considering it’s only 2 weeks or so until the new season.

Check the free/season pass roadmaps to see what you can get without paying. Honestly this season has been a drag and required Bungie to make a ton of adjustments due to player disinterest and poor planning.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseFactory posted:

The felwinters quest is bugged. Because of course it is lol

Every time
Every goddamn time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Now really isn't a good time to get into this season, not only has it been kind of a mess but there's not much time left for grinding stuff and the grind is now much harder than it was at the start of the season. Nobody is going to be doing seraph towers very much unless another major quest is revealed (and even then it's iffy whether the community collectively decides it's worth it after all this BS).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

On the other hand it's only $10 and it's not like any of us are short of money these days, so if you want it go ahead and get it.

If you like shiny pixels even just the season track rewards might be worth it.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

haveblue posted:

Now really isn't a good time to get into this season, not only has it been kind of a mess but there's not much time left for grinding stuff and the grind is now much harder than it was at the start of the season. Nobody is going to be doing seraph towers very much unless another major quest is revealed (and even then it's iffy whether the community collectively decides it's worth it after all this BS).

Is it even possible with the time left to get 4th Horseman? I logged in for the first time in like 2 months last night, but apparently you need to do some legendary thing at 1000 light level to finish the quest and my highest guy is at 960, I haven't unlocked any bunker stuff, and none of my pals are playing so I won't have any help in doing it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You can get the Tommy gun immediately and start the catalyst for that.

The forth horseman quest is fast and easy to do and you have time to find two people to help you through it even at low light.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

What's the quickest way to finish the Sunshot catalyst? Do I seriously have to spend a few nights doing Escalation Protocols?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Captain Log posted:

What's the quickest way to finish the Sunshot catalyst? Do I seriously have to spend a few nights doing Escalation Protocols?

pretty much

any area where lots of weak enemies stack up will be your bet

green room from whisper mission, shuro chi checkpoint, altars of sorrow on the moon, some of the ascendant challenges in dreaming city could work but those are on rotation, uhhhhhhhh, reckoning???, the hephaestus adventure on mars (just don't stand in the thing at the end)

but just stick with the first three yeah

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mazerunner posted:

pretty much

any area where lots of weak enemies stack up will be your bet

green room from whisper mission, shuro chi checkpoint, altars of sorrow on the moon, some of the ascendant challenges in dreaming city could work but those are on rotation, uhhhhhhhh, reckoning???, the hephaestus adventure on mars (just don't stand in the thing at the end)

but just stick with the first three yeah

Yeah there's a nook at one end of the green room, if you duck in there endless waves of shadow thralls will crowd into the choke point trying to get to you. Shoot them once, set off a huge wave of explosions, repeat.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah I just made the switch to smugglers/wavesplitter, and, uh, :catstare:

It's insane. Especially with 2x enhanced sidearm targeting, 2x auto rifle enhanced unflinching, 2x enhanced sidearm reloading, and enhanced sidearm dexterity. Throw stompees on top of it all? lmao.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Captain Log posted:

There's a cave on nessus somewhere that has a "the enemies are moving against each other" event where you can trigger a chain reaction of explosions if you time it right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV6hT6zBc7s

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

yamdankee posted:

Yeah I just made the switch to smugglers/wavesplitter, and, uh, :catstare:

It's insane. Especially with 2x enhanced sidearm targeting, 2x auto rifle enhanced unflinching, 2x enhanced sidearm reloading, and enhanced sidearm dexterity. Throw stompees on top of it all? lmao.

Yes. This is exactly my build. You probably copied and you should because its an excellent build.

My smugglers has moving target which adds +10 to aim assist and aim assist caps out at 100. So having 2 enhanced sidearm targeting mods is not required. But wavespltter already has 100 aim assist so its whatever.

The double enhanced unflinching auto rifle really makes it shine.

I got the coldheart catalyst last night and its right up there with wavespltter now. Ill try it out more and see what i think.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Not at all just do altars of sorrow on the moon, they’re way faster

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Thanks for the recommendations - I'll take ten minutes a night and get it knocked out.

The last Altar on the Moon gave me the Blasphemer shotgun, which is pretty nasty for the crucible.

Also, gently caress Jotunn in the crucible. It's a loving rocket launcher that takes special ammo.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The patch tuesday (xbox) made my colors look like poo poo. I play on HDR and it looks reeeeally muted and bad now

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I'm fond of the Kingship Dock lost sector for things that want a certain type of kill but don't care about what or where. Bunch of clumped up dudes in a small area that you can easily reset without waiting around.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The patch tuesday (xbox) made my colors look like poo poo. I play on HDR and it looks reeeeally muted and bad now
so they fixed the darkness bug and now you're complaining about seeing things and not having an excuse for missing jumps?!!?

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 20, 2020

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Zeth posted:

I'm fond of the Kingship Dock lost sector for things that want a certain type of kill but don't care about what or where. Bunch of clumped up dudes in a small area that you can easily reset without waiting around.

That's my preferred spot for killing things, and where I got my shotgun kills for Felwinter's. Not far from where you load in, can have public event banners nearby, you don't need to waste time running through corridors, group spawns right in the open where you can kill them with a single AoE blast. Only downside is that hitting the exploding censers can rob you of some kills.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

CheeseFactory posted:

Yes. This is exactly my build. You probably copied and you should because its an excellent build.

My smugglers has moving target which adds +10 to aim assist and aim assist caps out at 100. So having 2 enhanced sidearm targeting mods is not required. But wavespltter already has 100 aim assist so its whatever.

The double enhanced unflinching auto rifle really makes it shine.

I got the coldheart catalyst last night and its right up there with wavespltter now. Ill try it out more and see what i think.

I have never seen more desperate attempts to shotgun me using wavesplitter. Like I see them equip, run straight at me while I’m jumping up and if they even are alive by the time they slide they’re still not even close and severely outranged by smugglers. What an amazing loadout. So much fun.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I think this patch managed to break sparrows somehow. Boosting is now slower than base speed, or at least it feels like it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Try shooting telesto bolts onto the sparrow

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Why don't they bring back the Sparrow races? That cannot be all that hard to program and set up.

I missed the sparrow races when they happened. It sounded, you know...fun. It also doesn't involve throwing a ball.

Oh God, now they will bring it back but add checkpoints where you have to hop off and throw a ball at a thing then get some vague thing like, "Get precision kill with a semi-automatic void weapon after casting a super that kills no less then ten but no more than twelve enemies."

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I played some well after right before d2 came out with the ajsa people and they were ok i guess but didn't do much for me. But I've never really liked mario kart or reaching games so ymmv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I am struggling to stay interested in Destiny right now.

Struggling.