Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

"give me four good ones...some time this fall"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

was supposed to be at carb day, but I did finally check out Uppity today and found it a very good watch

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Alonso just edged out Button in the first Legends race. Mario qualified poorly and was lapped, but kept pace with the top pair for a long time.

Reverse grid race coming up.

Live link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHv0ghX26e0 Paul Page is helping with commentary.

Synthetic Hermit fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 23, 2020

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

The better half race is up now.

Pro Mazdas at St Louis, also an inverted grid for the 2nd heat.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Alonso just edged out Button in the first Legends race. Mario qualified poorly and was lapped, but kept pace with the top pair for a long time.

Reverse grid race coming up.

Live link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHv0ghX26e0 Paul Page is helping with commentary.

And Alonso also took the second race over Tiago Monteiro. Castroneves, Button, and David Brabham rounded out the top 5.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

this Monteiro feller is p good at Indy

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

hunnert car pileup posted:

The better half race is up now.

Pro Mazdas at St Louis, also an inverted grid for the 2nd heat.

Better Half link, Lauren Kanaan leading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNAPRxzKYLo

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

first race was really fun. Kanaan chromehorns Bourdais coming to the last lap and Jack Harvey's gf wins by .003.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Synthetic Hermit posted:

And Alonso also took the second race over Tiago Monteiro. Castroneves, Button, and David Brabham rounded out the top 5.

No idea how Alonso got through the field in the reverse grid race, suddenly he was top 5 after a couple of laps

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

this Monteiro feller is p good at Indy

Yet another podium

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

bennyfactor posted:

I thought TK still had 7-11 as a minor sponsor, at least last year.

In at least one sim race I've seen him run the full livery, whether that was for any current consideration or just for nostalgia sake I can't tell you.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Since there's literally no sports right now, NBC is showing Texas on NBC Proper in primetime. The ratings should be interesting.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's almost always diminishing returns with driver's kids isn't it.

No-one remember the sparkling career of Al Unser part 3 for instance?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I found out in like 2016 that there was an Arie Jr. Also AJ Foyt IV.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I don't actually care about Marco Andretti. He's fine I guess. Certainly the Andrettis (and the Rahals I guess) have produced better results than the Unsers and Foyts.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
at least its not the bettenhausens :(

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mathias Lauda remains the most useless nth generation driver I've seen. "Just Al" was bad but realized this in like Atlantics, or something, while Lauda was actually in GP2.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
A cool thing is backmarkers producing more backmarkers, like the Binders.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Frond posted:

I found out in like 2016 that there was an Arie Jr. Also AJ Foyt IV.

AJ IV did the smart thing and married into money. Arie Jr is far more famous for being a Scottsdale douchebag on The Bachelor than anything he's done behind the wheel. Just Al, well, imagine that kid's home life and I'm not surprised.

Marco pretty much got ruined by jumping to Indycar too soon, though I don't envy having to live up to that kind of legacy. The dude has clearly got some major car control skills, look at that drive on slicks in the rain last year. If I had to guess, he's not any good at helping set up his own car. He doesn't benefit at all from the setups his teammates have. Certainly can't qualify either.

I'm interested to see how Colton Herta does long term.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

IOwnCalculus posted:

AJ IV did the smart thing and married into money. Arie Jr is far more famous for being a Scottsdale douchebag on The Bachelor than anything he's done behind the wheel. Just Al, well, imagine that kid's home life and I'm not surprised.

Marco pretty much got ruined by jumping to Indycar too soon, though I don't envy having to live up to that kind of legacy. The dude has clearly got some major car control skills, look at that drive on slicks in the rain last year. If I had to guess, he's not any good at helping set up his own car. He doesn't benefit at all from the setups his teammates have. Certainly can't qualify either.

I'm interested to see how Colton Herta does long term.

andretti did really well in 2006 and thats it

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Vasukhani posted:

andretti did really well in 2006 and thats it

Fwiw, Andretti went to the same trainer in the off-season this year as he did in '06, so if there's anything left in him, I'd expect to see it this year, he's taking himself a lot more seriously, I'm guessing as a final push to see if he's still got it before maybe going the car owner route.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Fwiw, Andretti went to the same trainer in the off-season this year as he did in '06, so if there's anything left in him, I'd expect to see it this year, he's taking himself a lot more seriously, I'm guessing as a final push to see if he's still got it before maybe going the car owner route.

i wonder how the competition stacks up now compared to 06? I mean, he almost won indy.

bored and made gif, wish i could find some more pit lane photos for 2000s. you can actually pinpoint the exact moment it becomes crap

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 27, 2020

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Marco losing that 500 to Hornish probably ruined his confidence personally.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

kidcoelacanth posted:

that was the most exciting daytona 500 ever according to marty reid

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 27, 2020

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

kidcoelacanth posted:

god bless Sam Hornish for that finish

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

honestly wish we could have had Marco win that instead. would have been a much, much better and bigger story.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

harperdc posted:

honestly wish we could have had Marco win that instead. would have been a much, much better and bigger story.

nah gently caress marco

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Considering his lineage, I wish Matty Brabham had gotten a decent shot. I'd still rate Geoff as probably the best Indycar driver to not win a race.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Just in case people haven't found their way to the relevant ~esports~ thread:

The SA iRacing crew are preparing to run a season of chill Indycar events using free content, the first of which will be this Saturday at 2300UTC on the free content version of Pocono, using the free DW12. Fire off any questions in the thread or related Discord.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

harperdc posted:

lol no

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Considering his lineage, I wish Matty Brabham had gotten a decent shot. I'd still rate Geoff as probably the best Indycar driver to not win a race.

And his Uncle David is an absolute commie king who wanted to tax F1 teams at 1% of spending a year to fight poverty in Africa. Legend.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I mean, he had a solid Lights car at AA and in his full season there he came in fourth behind Gabby Chaves, Jack Harvey, and Zach Veach. Money dried up fast in 2015 and that was that.

I knew he was doing SST but I didn't realize he was the twice-defending champion there, so he's got that going for him.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://twitter.com/DWRshow/status/1265988405898272771

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Holy. gently caress. :bisonyes:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Paul Page unretire bitch

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

bless Paul Page for having a good sense of humor and doing that, god I love those wonderful idiots.

quick somebody get Ryan an account and figure out what Sean's account is.

also

Spaced God posted:

Paul Page unretire bitch

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

wow wow woooooww yes

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/IMS/status/1266501573489733633

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The confusion in the stands in 2011 was amazing.