Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

hi BYOB, its me your current IK Stoner Sloth! i love you!

and in the spirit of that, and the certain knowledge that BYOB has so many creative folk, i'm starting a competition/chance to get prizes/fun thing hopefully to do!

the rules are pretty simple:

1. Make a thread in which you create something and show us the process as much as you can from start to finish

2. This can be making a food, a music, a diorama, an art of any kind - anything creative really. heck i'll totally accept a serious post giving detailed information about a subject that most folks don't know much about for those who aren't classically artistically gifted!

3. Post a link your to your thread in here.

4. Towards the end of the month FABULOUS prizes will be awarded! also we'll open up voting to see whomsts thrad the 'YOB votes as especially deserving of extra special prizes!!

5. We all win!

i'm opening this up now to give extra time to those who are still busy but want to join in and to give distraction to those unable to go through their normal routine.

also if you have any idea of prizes you'd especially like to see or ideas for things like gang tags then feel free to PM me with them or with questions about the competition.

hope you all have fun with this and remember to stay safe out their my fellow orbs and posting pals!!!

e: this will be open to anyone who wants to join in, you don't have to be a BYOB regular so lurkers and visitors from other parts of these here forums feel free to take part!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

I am on vacation from Wednesday and have nowhere to go so I have plenty of time to get creative. I was going to bake a bread anyway, so I'll do that! Maybe more than one! We already have a fine dining effortpost thread but maybe we need a bread thread?

City of Glompton

yay! exciting i'm going to do the thing! i will probably start my thread either later this week or this weekend :peanut:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I will make something. Possibly my bed, possibly a chair, possibly some food, possibly a paint, possibly
Something else entirely that I haven’t even thought of yet

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Finger Prince posted:

I am on vacation from Wednesday and have nowhere to go so I have plenty of time to get creative. I was going to bake a bread anyway, so I'll do that! Maybe more than one! We already have a fine dining effortpost thread but maybe we need a bread thread?

There is a cooK or Die (bread) thread in GWS this month too if you want double bread motivation!

Stoner Sloth

Finger Prince posted:

that sounds great! i am a big bread fan and we can open up a bread thread and link to any competition/challenge breads that are entered into the comp!

City of Glompton posted:

yay! exciting i'm going to do the thing! i will probably start my thread either later this week or this weekend :peanut:

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I will make something. Possibly my bed, possibly a chair, possibly some food, possibly a paint, possibly
Something else entirely that I haven’t even thought of yet

awesome! thanks for joining in - am hoping folks have lots of fun doing creative stuff they enjoy and getting to read other folks posts!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

My thread is here but in order for it to work I need a few of you to come in and tell me your favorite or least favorite celebrities :)

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
I just ordered like 8 more lbs of bismuth and a laser thermometer. I'm back in bismuth, baby! :wiggle:

Goons Are Gifts

Depending on how fast a box gets delivered to me, I can join in, too! If it takes longer than that, I'll do something anyways as I'm planning something BIG and I'll need byob for that

City of Glompton

here is my thread - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3922419&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post504642184

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
This post is a placeholder for the thread that I will now contractually obligate myself, to myself to complete.

My entry isn't a creation, rather- a destruction, of something else. This is a concept I've had for quite some time, but- because of this very thread- I will now have no choice BUT(T) to complete.

Rather than say what it is, I WILL say that the final components should arrive soon, and when they do I will put the final pieces together on my creation of destruction, so that it may destroy things in the manner I intend. I will then record video evidence of said destruction, thus ending my contract, and post said evidence here.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I've been thinking about doing something like this for a long time. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a months-long commission, so it will have to wait.

take the moon

by sebmojo
I might try to do this with a story or something. I'm unsure as to how good my stories are so it might feel weird but w/e

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Goons Are Gifts

Don't be afraid to do something, being creative is always worthwhile in itself.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Goons Are Great posted:

Don't be afraid to do something, being creative is always worthwhile in itself.

It's like Ralph Wario Emerson said. "The reward for doing something dope is to have done something dope"

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Jaguars!

Hello I have deliberately posted the lamest project so you should all do projects so that you can have cooler projects than me! Taking one for the team here.

Edit: link

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 23, 2020

FluffieDuckie

Doctor Dogballs posted:

It's like Ralph Wario Emerson said. "The reward for doing something dope is to have done something dope"

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Dixville

I don't think!
I might learn a song on my saxophone. Any requests?
Edit I am not that good so please not some classical concerto or whatnot
Edit2 maybe I'll go ahead and make the thread starting with a request period... I'll link it here it I do...

Dixville fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 7, 2020

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Dixville posted:

I might learn a song on my saxophone. Any requests?
Edit I am not that good so please not some classical concerto or whatnot
Edit2 maybe I'll go ahead and make the thread starting with a request period... I'll link it here it I do...

you already know what this is gonna be

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Dixville

I don't think!

owlhawk911 posted:

you already know what this is gonna be

I really did lol

Dixville

I don't think!
Thread linky here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922585&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Stoner Sloth

you orbs are all so great, really enjoying each and every one of your contributions so far! :glomp:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

nut

I'm reviving a really old thread of mine to make the single greatest post i can with ur help

Finger Prince

I posted a bread baking thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922804&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Come post your baking exploits in it! Given the loosest possible interpretations of what constitutes a sandwich, it stands to reason that one might ask, what even is a bread? So get baking!

vanisher

Here's the lamest Photoshop thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922707

thanks to the friends who posted in it

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Stoner Sloth

been looking through all the posted threads - really enjoying the concepts and the work that has been done so far on all of them!

you orbs are amazing and talented, there's still plenty of time for anyone else who wants to join in or for OPs to add to their existing threads - i'll have an update here towards the end of the month where people can start to vote for whose thread the like the best!

in my book though anyone who joins in is a winner and we'll be working out some prizes for everyone in the next couple of weeks!!

cda

by Hand Knit
i might add some stuff about a project i am working on this weekend/early next week, but first i have to actaully do it so i have something to post about

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
i might also not. i might just post about how i'm doing a project and then never show it to anybody :evilbuddy:

----------------

nut

cda posted:

i might also not. i might just post about how i'm doing a project and then never show it to anybody :evilbuddy:

this is dastardly u r being a dastard

barfdog

cda posted:

how dare yuo cda

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

Stoner Sloth

hi byob!

some great threads so far, we still have a little while left to add to them or create new threads for anyone still thinking of putting in an entry!

please make sure you link to your threads in here so as to make it easier to track you down with fabulous prizes! :toot:

cda

by Hand Knit

nut posted:

this is dastardly u r being a dastard

I did my project and it came out great. People who saw it thought it was good.

City of Glompton

cda posted:

post the project

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

cda posted:

same, same

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

cda

by Hand Knit

City of Glompton posted:

post the project

It has my name on it and I don't want the internet to know my name, and it has a title and potentially you could search that title and then know my name, and if you knew my name you wouldn't have to give me your firstborn

cda

by Hand Knit
Idea: Rumplestiltskin except it's online and she has three chances to try and doxx him

nut

cda posted:

ha ha oh ya me too i saw it too it was great everyone else in the thread who definitely didn't see it

Khanstant
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3924567

I made a thread for that drawing I posted in the travelling BYOB spaceship. Having trouble with it showing the images i tried to put in image tags, though.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Well I am not going to have the time to do the things I had thought I might do so instead I will make a spergy post about my gardening endeavors at my house over the past few years And my new begetuble garden if that is allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Well I am not going to have the time to do the things I had thought I might do so instead I will make a spergy post about my gardening endeavors at my house over the past few years And my new begetuble garden if that is allowed

sure, this is a chill comp first and foremost and anythign you'd like to share with us is good friend!