Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/therealjoebob/status/1262753804300120065?s=20

No guest this week so I got no clue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

Destroying the mind is Possession with Sam Neil?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I can't remember if it was that violent, but Driller Killer could be #2.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Violator posted:

Destroying the mind is Possession with Sam Neil?

Someone said Scanners which seems possible

Violator
May 15, 2003

Holy poo poo Exorcist 3 is movie 1.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
And it's a good fuckin movie too

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I forget how good Dourif was in this.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
DEADBEAT AT DAWN

oh gently caress yeah this is a GREAT movie. it's one of me and poster Kvlt!'s favorites. it's so grimy and dirty and just... gross.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Dont know how I missed this thread but I got to meet Joe Bob in 2019 when he came to Austin for his "How Rednecks Saved Hollywood" show (totally recommend by the way). Stood in line for an hour to talk with him for a few minutes, totally worth it.

I've been enjoying the Joe Bob resurgence. Now all I need is for Gilbert Gottfried and Rhonda Shears to get their own Up All Night sequel.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 23, 2020

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

COOL CORN posted:

DEADBEAT AT DAWN

oh gently caress yeah this is a GREAT movie. it's one of me and poster Kvlt!'s favorites. it's so grimy and dirty and just... gross.

I got the Synapse DVD but I haven’t watched it in ages so this is going to be a fun watch.

Violator
May 15, 2003

ruddiger posted:

The Troma movie they're showing isn't really one of the better Troma movies, but it was directed by Lloyd and got butchered by the MPAA when it first came out. Post in the thread after you watch it, I'm curious what your reaction's going to be since it'll be your first foray into Troma.

Wasn’t too big a fan of Troma’s War. It felt like a low budget crappy movie, but without the heart of scrappy filmmakers doing something above their budget or skill level. It was competently made but that made it worse because I thought it was just kind of boring. The other movies seem more up my alley since they sound... grander? in ideas and execution even if they’re schlock.

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol

ruddiger posted:

Did Lloyd say “Tromartyr”

Also, was I just imagining things, or did Darcy seem a little cold about Lloyd’s appearance? What was up with that?

Haven't seen it, but maybe Darcy is protective of JB? I remember something about her defending him on twitter and Lloyd actually pushed back on twitter in response to his bullshit about horror not having deeper social commentary.

Violator
May 15, 2003

The humor of this Scare Package isn’t working for me. Trying too hard.

Violator
May 15, 2003

JBB teased a few days ago on Twitter that they’ll be releasing the original MonsterVision episodes in a few months. Not sure if physical media or streaming.

There were rumors they might do another marathon or announcement this month for new content but I haven’t seen anything.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Violator posted:

JBB teased a few days ago on Twitter that they’ll be releasing the original MonsterVision episodes in a few months. Not sure if physical media or streaming.

There were rumors they might do another marathon or announcement this month for new content but I haven’t seen anything.

They're confirmed for a summer special. And season 3 is all but confirmed.

As for Monstervision, they've been teasing it for a while. It's just the host segments as far as I'm aware, unless they have licensing deals for the movies. If it's just the host stuff, I figure it would be online only.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Season 3 next year and several specials this year, starting next month.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3623484/third-season-last-drive-joe-bob-briggs-coming-shudder/

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.
Slumber Party Massacre II and Victor Crowley went up over the weekend.

Violator
May 15, 2003

That letter at the end of the Victor Crowley episode hit home. It's not often you see both Darcy and JBB get emotional.

I'm not a huge fan of the Victor Crowley movies, but it was a good episode. Hatchet 2 was, stupid enough I know, probably one of my most disappointing movie experiences. I read the plot description and was expecting a hardcore movie with tough as nails rednecks hunting Crowley in the woods, and instead got terrible comedy, stupid characters, and just a dumb poo poo movie overall. I like the idea of over the top gore that's so crazy that's it not disturbing (like Mortal Kombat) and the Deep South bayou setting, but I don't like ANYTHING else about the movies.

Slumber Party Massacre 2 was kinda dumb in a way that you would expect a movie with that title to be.

Overall a good night of the Last Drive-In. I was a little disappointed that it was two movies instead of the usual three or four for their special events, but more content is always appreciated.

Also discovered that Darcy has a podcast called Geek Tawk. She has a terrific radio voice and she interviews JBB in several episodes. She also goes into her own personal challenges and her difficult life. A very interesting listen.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like Adam Green. I just don’t really like his movies. So I watched it and skipped over JBB whining about not having enough naked women in movies and leggings to get to it.

God this dude is just...gently caress

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I like Adam Green. I just don’t really like his movies. So I watched it and skipped over JBB whining about not having enough naked women in movies and leggings to get to it.

God this dude is just...gently caress

I believe you can just watch the movies themselves on Shudder. I think Victor Crowley will be up soon-ish

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 18, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I actually wanted to just watch the Adam green parts. Which I enjoyed but if you listen to his podcast it’s nothing super new.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Violator posted:

Also discovered that Darcy has a podcast called Geek Tawk. She has a terrific radio voice and she interviews JBB in several episodes. She also goes into her own personal challenges and her difficult life. A very interesting listen.

On Twitter she mentioned that she was basically locked away in a room growing up and told she was ugly and so on which is why she gets nervous appearing on the show (and smiling). It was fairly unexpected. Though I don't know if her and JBB are supposed to be an item or if they just met one time and hit it off as friends.

Violator
May 15, 2003

They talked about that on a different episode I think. I can’t remember the exact details, but they met at a convention where he was giving a talk and she was doing cosplay I think. She made such an impression that she helped with something on that show and that kept snowballing until she was asked to be the new mail girl for the first marathon and did such a good job she became the permanent mail girl.

I don’t get the impression they’re an item (but they could be) but they do travel a lot together because I think she’s part of the package now when he gives talks. She posts videos of them sight seeing weird stuff on YouTube.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Violator posted:

That letter at the end of the Victor Crowley episode hit home. It's not often you see both Darcy and JBB get emotional.

I'm not a huge fan of the Victor Crowley movies, but it was a good episode. Hatchet 2 was, stupid enough I know, probably one of my most disappointing movie experiences. I read the plot description and was expecting a hardcore movie with tough as nails rednecks hunting Crowley in the woods, and instead got terrible comedy, stupid characters, and just a dumb poo poo movie overall. I like the idea of over the top gore that's so crazy that's it not disturbing (like Mortal Kombat) and the Deep South bayou setting, but I don't like ANYTHING else about the movies.

Slumber Party Massacre 2 was kinda dumb in a way that you would expect a movie with that title to be.

Overall a good night of the Last Drive-In. I was a little disappointed that it was two movies instead of the usual three or four for their special events, but more content is always appreciated.

I wish they would’ve showed all three Slumber Party Massacre movies, or at least Sorority House Massacre instead.

Violator
May 15, 2003

This season has been a lot better than last years season. Several good movies I’ve been meaning to watch.

TenSpadesBeTrump
Oct 22, 2010
Yeah, good selection so far. The guests have been better so far too, especially Bill Lustig and Eli Roth.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They’ve done a really good job of selling the interviews as being done live too, season has been good even if there’s been more films I’ve seen than usual. Will probably skim through Busan when it’s up regularly to watch the JBB bite as I’ve seen it too recently to want to watch it again.

I hope Psycho Goreman happens this season, that’s definitely one I’m up for rewatching so soon.

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

Violator posted:

This season has been a lot better than last years season. Several good movies I’ve been meaning to watch.

I really enjoyed last season's interview with Lloyd Kaufman. I thought he was scum until that interview (I think it was Troma War that was on), and I ended up having quite a bit of positive feelings for Lloyd. I especially liked that he went to an ivy league school, but ended up showing Blood Sucking Freaks to his parents and all their high brow friends after graduating. Really puts the crass humor in a slightly different light in my eyes.

Same thing kind of happened with Eli Roth as a guest this year. I didn't even know Green Inferno existed, but I've been a longtime fan of Cannibal Holocaust. I thought Green Inferno was decent for a cannibal flick, and I don't know if I would feel that way without having seen the Roth interview with Joe Bob beforehand.

I will have to re-watch Fried Barry again. I didn't really get into it when I watched it live. But I loved Train to Busan last night! I had not seen that before (Because I'm lazy, and it's subtitled), and I just loved pretty much every bit of it. But the second movie last night? No idea what was going on in that one. I need to re-watch that one, but I'm not sure I should.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

As for Monstervision, they've been teasing it for a while. It's just the host segments as far as I'm aware, unless they have licensing deals for the movies. If it's just the host stuff, I figure it would be online only.
I would say that I would absolutely buy a blue-ray of Motel Hell or some such if they had the MonsterVision wraparounds on them.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

JoeBangles posted:

I will have to re-watch Fried Barry again. I didn't really get into it when I watched it live. But I loved Train to Busan last night! I had not seen that before (Because I'm lazy, and it's subtitled), and I just loved pretty much every bit of it. But the second movie last night? No idea what was going on in that one. I need to re-watch that one, but I'm not sure I should.

I didn't catch Spookies, but I've seen the blu-ray before after taking an edible and I get the feeling the experience of watching it sober would be exactly the same. It's a fascinating movie but man is it hard to sit through.

Violator
May 15, 2003

New season starts tonight. Use coupon code LDIDAN30 for a free 30 days.

Don’t understand how the Shudder app still can’t use a HomePod Mini as an output.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Having Fabio Frizzi play live in the studio is super cool but this laugh track ain’t working for me.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Was out tonight so couldn’t watch, but hell of a double feature to get things going.

Zombie/Zombi 2 and The Beyond

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Fabio Frizzi is so cute and makes a great late show bandleader

also a brief aside by Joe Bob led me to look up The Cave of the Sleeping Sharks and it's fascinating. wild that one of the dudes who discovered it worked on the shark scene in Zombie.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

can someone please link me to last night's episode? thanks in advance.

I can't seem to navigate there on shudder's site.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You’re too early, after the live stream it takes a few days for the episode to go up.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I'm pretty relieved that the talk show format was a one-off. Not gonna lie the trailer park/cozy cabin sets are big part of the appeal of this show to me and after the Valentine's Day special I was a little worried.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

These have been two really strong episodes, but I fell asleep during Devil's Rain for like 20 minutes and apparently missed nothing at all. Big laughs at the never-ending melting people at the end, somebody was REALLY proud of those effects.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Just started watching The Devil's Rain. Yeah, the fact that this was a mob-funded, mob-penned movie designed to make money for the mob makes a lot of sense. More sense than the movie itself makes.

I feel like Borgnine will be the highlight of the movie, but then he usually is.

e: okay, script issues aside this movie's pretty dope? There's some great art design, goop effects and Ernest Borgnine.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I've seen the movie a few time. Svengoolie showed it within the last year I think. I dig it because it is just so loving weird and incoherent.