Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/LuFisto/status/1261292552914862086

LuFisto has some things to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Its pretty crazy that Zandig was a lot better for women's wrestling than DJ Hyde.

I still wanna know what the story is about the WSU comps being rebranded as WEW shows. If its the same deal.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

But hey, "the boys get harassed online, too". gently caress Deej or whoever decided this was even slightly ok.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, how about this "new" Sendai Girls drop on IWTV, huh?

quote:

Sendai Girls - Flash Tournament
Thursday, October 27th, 2011

From Tokyo, Japan - Featuring:

Tournament First Round:
Team JWP (Command Bolshoi, Kayoko Haruyama, Kaori Yoneyama, Leon, Hanako Nakamori) vs Team WAVE (GAMI, Toshie Uematsu, Yumi Oka, Shu Shibuya and Moeka Haruhi)

Tournament First Round:
Sendai Girls (Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako, Sachiko Sendai, Kagetsu and Miyako Morino) vs Team Ice Ribbon (Emi Sakura, Hikaru Shida, Hikari Minami, Tsukushi and Tsukasa Mojimoto)

Tournament First Round:
Team Stardom (Taiyo Natsuki, Yoshiko, Yoko Bito, Mayu Iwatani and Saki Kashima) vs Team Reina (Yumiko Hotta, Aki Kanbayashi, Zeuxis, Aoi Ishibashi and La Comandante)

Tournament First Round:
Team Diana (Kyoko Inoue, Kaoru Ito, Keiko Aono, Jenny Rose and Annie Social) vs Freelance (Jaguar Yokota, Manami Toyota, Sakura Hirota, Mio Shirai and Nancy Mari)

Tournament Semi Final
Tournament Semi Final
Final

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1263021318573666305?s=20

Arisa Hoshiki has retired due to neck and head injuries. She was pulled off of No People Gate on incredibly short notice (would like to say it was announced half an hour before the show) after waking up with a sore neck and apparently whatever problems she has are very serious.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Arisa Hoshiki has retired

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1263021318573666305?s=19

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That is incredibly sad. Way too young.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Was it one major nagging injury that caused this or her wrestling that caused this accumulation of injuries?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

According to Stardom's translation, she was able to get the neck problems under control but the head issues never went away.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Massive content warning for self harm/suicide stuff for the rest of this post - I'm going to try and be as generic as possible to explain it but if you don't like these things don't read on and also avoid Hana Kimura's twitter. The remainder of this post will be a spoiler because of that although I imagine that might not be the case for future posts in this thread about this.

So she's tweeted some rather disturbing photos of her apparently cutting herself and her tweets don't sound very good; while its hard to tell the tone because of google translate they, well, are the sort of thing that make you incredibly worried about her and based on the replies from Japanese fans that's not it mistranslating stuff. One of the tweets talks about abuse on social media which I think means that a lot of the... rather nasty stuff she's gotten recently from the Terrace House stuff might have gotten to her. Really hoping that someone close to her sees this stuff and checks in but its loving scary. Obviously not going to post any of this stuff here since there's gently caress all reason to do so, its just, well, very scary and I really hope that the worst case scenario doesn't happen.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I cannot stress enough how disturbing the post was and you should not go out of your way to see it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Real bummed about Hana. She's tough as hell so I hope she pulls through.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Yeah that poo poo was worrying as gently caress. She seems to have deleted the tweets at least?

Ishin fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 22, 2020

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I hope she's ok. What a terrible situation.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

https://twitter.com/D_TaPla/status/1263914980795019264

Tapla is a very good person

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

God, some of the things the Terrace House trolls were saying to her were horrible. It sounds like friends have made contact though.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/oystersearrings/status/1263932265589100545?s=19 Veny/Asuka her former tag partner seems hopeful at least

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hana Kimura is dead, I don't even know what to say this is horrible.

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1264043551718961152

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1264045991294128128

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Utterly horrific. Unspeakable.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jesus christ

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
what the gently caress

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

this is so messed up, poor hana

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:(

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Jesus.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jesus, just loving everything

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I have literally never heard of her before, but the overload of wrestling tragedy this week is too much. I'm so sorry to hear about this :(

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

This is so loving sad

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
gently caress social media

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I can't believe this

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dango Bango posted:

I have literally never heard of her before, but the overload of wrestling tragedy this week is too much. I'm so sorry to hear about this :(

Her career is worth looking up. She did an excursion to mexico where we heard the 2nd greatest promo of all time, and I quote:

me llamo es Hana. gently caress YOU *double birds*

She was bigger than the rings, the matches, the buildings. Hana drew eyes in ways few performers can master. And she was doing it day 1.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I feel sick from the news. Truly awful.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Taking a page from an above poster, with thoughts on the situation that could be triggering. People were being so mean to and about her because of her blowing up on a roommate on Terrace House. such minor, insignificant things that had to do with those two people and nobody else. It feels so sickening having seen it played out in practically real-time, reading people saying the worst poo poo about her because she went slightly overboard when someone messed up something of hers, like any of us here could on a bad day. to be tormented that much over everyday problems makes me so bothered by all those faceless people, who will continue to say and do those things, and learn nothing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i legitimately don't know what to say right now

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I literally just finished watching the latest episode of Terrace House and there was a part where she was at dinner with a fellow housemate and said something along the lines of "I have a lot of growing up to do and I've decided to focus on myself rather than external relationships"

this is heartbreaking.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
loving hell.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

here's the great Hana promo I told you about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX7IZvlXNl4

she was 20 there, iirc.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Just loving astoundingly horrible. I'm gutted.

Such a wonderful, bright personality ended by a stupid reality TV show.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hana was the nicest wrestler I ever met and watching her on Terrace House brought so much joy into our household. She did not deserve the abuse and it’s loving heartbreaking that this is what it led to.

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007
I feel so loving sick right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Wtf man...

This doesn’t feel real