Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
It really feels like the creators expected not to be renewed - they are really going for broke with these individual episodes. Like, killing the injustice league could have been a whole season. Dealing with Parademons and Darkseid could have been a whole season.

If there is a season 3 and 4 they are going to have to do something pretty different as there might not be much left from the comics. Maybe move to coney island?

Edit: Although dealing with Darkseid is a side plot, instead of a Thanos level threat, is probably the best that Harley could have hoped for.

Lechtansi fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I DM'd the writer of an episode a while back because it was so good, and I'm happy to disclose she's covering both next week's episode plus the finale.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lechtansi posted:

It really feels like the creators expected not to be renewed - they are really going for broke with these individual episodes. Like, killing the injustice league could have been a whole season. Dealing with Parademons and Darkseid could have been a whole season.

If there is a season 3 and 4 they are going to have to do something pretty different as there might not be much left from the comics. Maybe move to coney island?

Edit: Although dealing with Darkseid is a side plot, instead of a Thanos level threat, is probably the best that Harley could have hoped for.

With TV, the first order of a set of episodes might be the last so going for broke is generally the say to go. If, somehow, a second order comes in, that means a greater likelihood of a third or fourth or so as long as the metrics are good. If they get an S3 and/or S4, I'd expect them to open up the world a little more. Gotham is basically a hell hole with with all of Bat's villains around. Metropolis is probably a pretty cool place if only because the buildings are always sparkling and new because of how many big fuckoff superfights Superman deals with.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Chokes McGee posted:

Also someone gif king shark blushing at the smooch

https://i.imgur.com/Z4wCTxP.mp4

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also loved Ivy blushing a deeper shade of green.

https://i.imgur.com/yZM4Sh4.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Made some gifs (a couple that BlackIronHeart also did it seems), sorry if there are too many:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Made some gifs (a couple that BlackIronHeart also did it seems), sorry if there are too many:

Excellent micro-expressions on this one, quality animation.

I was a little frustrated by how the episode ends, cause I hate it when shows durdle around dealing with obvious interpersonal drama, but based on the preview image for next episode, I guess they don't plan to drag things out too long.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Given we know the outcome from a single preview frame, I expect a pre-credits montage ending with The Girls sleeping with each other in the first minute of the next episode.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I missed it and I like it that way. gently caress all y'all.

e.

After Young Justice S3, see Granny Goodness again was a nice treat. Especially the smashing her with a rock part.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Excellent micro-expressions on this one, quality animation.

During the opening scene, Ivy's calm face and relaxed coffee drinking is offset by her eyes nervously flickering back and forth quickly away from Harley to see how she's reacting, and I love it. It's such a simple, straightforward thing to do but they nail the timing perfectly.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Episode definitely left me with an even more positive impression of Kiteman as well. He's remarkably decent for someone stuck with parents like that.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Skippy McPants posted:

Episode definitely left me with an even more positive impression of Kiteman as well. He's remarkably decent for someone stuck with parents like that.

my headcanon now: he was robbing his own parents in that one comic that keeps getting posted

it was grandma's necklace. he's giving it to Ivy

holy poo poo kite man is BUSY in the comics

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 23, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really liked that the producers agreed that nobody, i mean NOBODY is a better DougSide than Michael Ironside.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I hope Harley just keeps kissing random increasingly absurd people until the very end.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Is Ivy's design unique for this show? I like it a lot more than the "naked with some strategically placed leaves" thing they typically do (although I think right now she has a black leotard with strategically placed leaves?)

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Lechtansi posted:

Is Ivy's design unique for this show? I like it a lot more than the "naked with some strategically placed leaves" thing they typically do (although I think right now she has a black leotard with strategically placed leaves?)

unless the art style is throwing me off, it definitely looks new to me and also it's very good

I'm an idiot for cool jackets with high collars, though

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

He'll be back. I mean, where the hell else is he gonna go?

Agreed. He ran off in a huff after losing their boner-inducing army, but that seemed like too quick of an exit to be permanent. No real interaction with the rest of the crew, no sense of finality. He just had a little tantrum, and will undoubtedly return in some capacity. Maybe join a fresh crew and bring some new bad guys into the mix, especially since most of the big villains are dead or in jail now.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CommissarMega posted:

Is Darkseid the kind of guy who'd care if someone was cheating? For all we know, he saw Psycho's willingness to help Harley as something in her favour. After all, she's either the kind of woman who could command the loyalty of such a potent asset, and thus worthy of an army, or someone whom Psycho can manipulate/replace, which makes him worthy of said army by proxy.

Big D kinda makes his way by utilizing every asset in his favor - including mind control - to attain victory. Also, giving Harley control of a parademon army reminds me of a quote from the rather-forgettable "Losers" movie: "It's like giving a handgun to a six-year-old - you don't know how it's gonna end, but you're pretty sure it's gonna make the papers."

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Well, this episode was pretty crazy. But it made Harley very unlikeable.

Gordon was great though.

:allears:

Edit:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also loved Ivy blushing a deeper shade of green.

:same:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, giving Harley control of a parademon army reminds me of a quote from the rather-forgettable "Losers" movie: "It's like giving a handgun to a six-year-old - you don't know how it's gonna end, but you're pretty sure it's gonna make the papers."

Fitting :hmmyes:

itry fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 23, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
"There are some holes that not even an army of parademons can fill"

Didn't expect to be getting life advice from this show... I got some things to think over.

itry posted:

Well, this episode was pretty crazy. But it made Harley very unlikeable.

Hey, I'm sorry that some of us can't learn to face our feelings without dozens of innocent people being slaughtered. Sorry for being human I guess.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 23, 2020

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Here's the text of Harley's redacted DoJ file:

File no: 09111992

This is a summary of information obtained by redacted from a review of all references to the subject of Harley Quinn. redacted redacted the intent from redacted redacted with redacted over the edge. Along with redacted redacted the mad love shown redacted to be in Joker's favor. redacted during a girl's night out. redacted redacted redacted with the laughing fish. redacted on Harley's holiday to redacted redacted along with redacted and Poison Ivy. redacted recommends lock up at redacted redacted The incident involving redacted with the Harlequinade, along with the disappearance of Joker's millions, redacted during the holiday Knights incident. redacted redacted with the purpose of redacted and "almost got' im" before the Suicide Squad project.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Blaise330 posted:

Hey, I'm sorry that some of us can't learn to face our feelings without dozens of innocent people being slaughtered. Sorry for being human I guess.

With some paraphrasing I can see Harley saying the same.

BlackIronHeart posted:

This is a summary of information obtained by redacted from a review of all references to the subject of Harley Quinn. redacted redacted the intent from redacted redacted with redacted over the edge. Along with redacted redacted the mad love shown redacted to be in Joker's favor. redacted during a girl's night out. redacted redacted redacted with the laughing fish. redacted on Harley's holiday to redacted redacted along with redacted and Poison Ivy. redacted recommends lock up at redacted redacted The incident involving redacted with the Harlequinade, along with the disappearance of Joker's millions, redacted during the holiday Knights incident. redacted redacted with the purpose of redacted and "almost got' im" before the Suicide Squad project.

Welcome to Harley Quinn's Wheel of Fortune!

Can I get a 'B'?

Edit:

MadJackal posted:

I DM'd the writer of an episode a while back because it was so good, and I'm happy to disclose she's covering both next week's episode plus the finale.

Nice.

itry fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 23, 2020

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blaise330 posted:

"There are some holes that not even an army of parademons can fill"

Nah, all those holes are full!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Low key hoping ivy ends up with kite man and Harley goes back to joker just to see the internet melt down. Like people who never gave the show a chance will watch it from the start to hate-watch the ending.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Blaise330 posted:

Low key hoping ivy ends up with kite man and Harley goes back to joker just to see the internet melt down. Like people who never gave the show a chance will watch it from the start to hate-watch the ending.

It would take one hell of a troll to betray the fans, the themes of your own show, and all the character development your writers poured their hearts into just to piss off people who don't like what you create anyway.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I do wonder if they actually want to do a season 3 or will season 2's ending be super FINAL. I can never decide if I want a show I love to keep going or to cash out while it's hot.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Naw, I want Gotham to get back together and Harley and her crew encounter more aspects of the DC Universe and stuff. Episode where Harley gets a Star Sapphire Ring or something and they gotta go to space and she makes fun of Hal.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Every season is her destroying another DC city. Except for the one season she goes to Bludhaven and makes it a paradise by accident.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They meet the little girl Green Lantern and the episode ends with Harley and her crew just beating the poo poo out of Hal :hai:

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Lunatic Sledge posted:

unless the art style is throwing me off, it definitely looks new to me and also it's very good

I'm an idiot for cool jackets with high collars, though

The jacket I love, but the whole bottom half just doesn't work for me at all. I hate the shoes and I hate the leggings, I just think they're so ugly.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Jerusalem posted:

They meet the little girl Green Lantern and the episode ends with Harley and her crew just beating the poo poo out of Hal :hai:

Maybe they could track down Major Force, kill him, and stuff him into a refrigerator.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I hate the shoes

I love that Riddler figured out that Ivy wasn't a real college co-ed because she was wearing very sensible and comfortable flats :allears:

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Maybe they could track down Major Force, kill him, and stuff him into a refrigerator.

:hfive:

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

BlackIronHeart posted:

quote:

over the edge
mad love
Joker's favor
girl's night out
the laughing fish
Harley's holiday
lock up
Harlequinade
Joker's millions
holiday Knights
almost got' im
All episode titles from BTAS episodes with Harley in them. I appreciate it when a team puts some effort into the lorem ipsum.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Blaise330 posted:

Harley goes back to joker

That would be pretty awful.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Every season is her destroying another DC city. Except for the one season she goes to Bludhaven and makes it a paradise by accident.

So what you're saying is..... she needs an army

Batgirl: ....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't know if they just failed to make their deeper point or if they really did intend it the way it came across, but I was so disgusted by Suicide Squad seemingly trying to make Joker/Harley's relationship into something they thought the audience would be rooting for (also the movie sucked). The Emancipation of Harley Quinn was a step in the right direction of getting her away from that toxic bullshit, and this show has absolutely nailed it in terms of making it as clear as possible that their relationship was something horrific.

Harley is such a better character when unsaddled from the Joker. Their relationship works as back-story for her continued development (including that one temporary backslide she had in season 1), but I'm hopeful all comics media eventually gets to the point where Harley is able to stand completely distinctly from him and they don't ever go back to trying to make them a couple again. I think they've mined as much story potential from them as a couple as they can and anything more is just harmful.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Blaise330 posted:

So what you're saying is..... she needs an army

Batgirl: ....

Babs accidentally persuading someone to raise an army twice in a row gave me a good laugh.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I really hope Harley & Joker stay broken up for good. I'm just not a fan of any of the plotlines from when they were together, and I'm tired of abusive relationships being glorified on screen.

Also, Harley and joker were together for like 20 years and nobody really cared about her. They break up and suddenly she’s the fourth pillar of DC superheroes. I can't imagine that DC would go back (but then again, it is DC)

Lechtansi fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 24, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Ivy breaks apart from the pressure of deciding between Harley and Chuck and starts dating the Joker instead.

I don't think that would happen. And I am really glad if it wont, but that might be the biggest "gently caress you" she might ever be able to express, if they have a complete and utter fallout.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 24, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Obviously, Robin will take Ivy down, solidifying him as Harley's nemesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Is he where the whole 'stuffed into a fridge' thing started? Then yes, do that.

Also yes to the idea of Harley and her crew just gallivanting around the DCverse and trolling everyone, especially if they get Lantern rings. I want Clayface to become a surprise Hasselhoff-type superstar on Oa, drat it!