Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
How do pump wagons work? Should I be using them as chariots or getting them stuck in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think the only time Grom's glorious gobbo's were stymied for me before I started a different campaign was like, when I sent 3 units against Durthu when he got uppity and assumed they could hold him for a minute.

Fully upgraded with everything I could find for them... the answer was no.

Motherfucker posted:

How do pump wagons work? Should I be using them as chariots or getting them stuck in?

Basically you can leave them stuck in and it'll be fine but you'll get better results if you wanna micro. I just wheel'em around to the squishy units I need gone and let them loose.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

punishedkissinger posted:

Turn 19 as Grom and my basic Goblin units are getting pretty loving strong

Wait, when did they give goblin spearmen anti-large? I've been away from this game for a long time.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Wait, when did they give goblin spearmen anti-large? I've been away from this game for a long time.

I think that's a buff Grom gives them?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

U wot??

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Imriks first dragon battle is no joke. I was doing ok until at the end when a dread sarurian showed up. My archers ran out of ammo and Imrik and my noble recruit was not able to melee him down after being weakend from working on all the other large. I need better micro or tactics to do this on very hard difficulty.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Ungrim campaign has got a bit trickier then it was a few days ago, the addition of the Skaven in Zhufbar seems very critical to the balance of the eastern empire on top of Azhag up north. It gives the vampires a friend and Zhufbar doesn't have nearly as free a hand to stab at them with. Now they're all looking to push west at a good pace. Vlad has declared war on me but he's completely focused elsewhere but my economy sucks since it's only turn 20 and I can't really move Ungrim away from my territory right now since it's rife with rebellion.

Could get dicey! Might play Franz or Gelt later to see if the vampire surge isn't a fluke.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Is there a way to see ping in multiplayer?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCgPZDuVgpI

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Caidin posted:

Ungrim campaign has got a bit trickier then it was a few days ago, the addition of the Skaven in Zhufbar seems very critical to the balance of the eastern empire on top of Azhag up north. It gives the vampires a friend and Zhufbar doesn't have nearly as free a hand to stab at them with. Now they're all looking to push west at a good pace. Vlad has declared war on me but he's completely focused elsewhere but my economy sucks since it's only turn 20 and I can't really move Ungrim away from my territory right now since it's rife with rebellion.

Could get dicey! Might play Franz or Gelt later to see if the vampire surge isn't a fluke.

I played a Franz hard campaign and not only did Vlad live, he tore up a lot of the empire.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hryme posted:

Imriks first dragon battle is no joke. I was doing ok until at the end when a dread sarurian showed up. My archers ran out of ammo and Imrik and my noble recruit was not able to melee him down after being weakend from working on all the other large. I need better micro or tactics to do this on very hard difficulty.

There is no "first dragon" fwiw. It's totally random which one you get.

You got the absolute hardest one. The Star Dragon is the one you're supposed to tackle much later.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Onmi posted:

I played a Franz hard campaign and not only did Vlad live, he tore up a lot of the empire.

Presently Vlad is stomping around the gates of Averheim unopposed since I'm busy and the other group he's at war with, Karak Hirn just got declared on by... Thorgrim. Who also declared war on Gelt.

Interesting move since he's mostly lost control of Barrak Varr to Grimgor, let's see if it works out for him.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
I decided to start a Belegar campaign after the patch because reasons (addicted to stunties) and things have been very interesting. I have been playing wackamole and grimgor is still alive as is azhag and oh hey vlad has 27 territories... this is fine.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Imrik's dragon challenges are pretty hard!!

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Imrik's black dragon battle is by far the easiest. You have a perfectly defensible location at the top of a hill, and the monsters reinforce on the other side of an impassible river so they have to go around the long way.

The forest dragon battle can be tricky, so do the invocation of vaul beforehand to get fire damage on everything.

The sun dragon battle is the opposite, a lot of its units have 70%+ fire resistance, so be sure you don't have fire damage on everything.

Moon and Star are pretty straightforward, had no issue with them but I also got them late so already had a dragon posse. Being able to stack dragons on the enemy dragon helps a lot

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

accidentally did the sun dragon battle with the flaming attack invocation and none of my units could damage the phoenixes

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I don't know if you can win the moon one with t1 troops. Maybe with stronger heroes / higher level imrik, but first confrontation 4 mammoths, 1 special dragon, 1 frost wyrm, 1 chaos giant, and other higher tier monstrous infantry is pretty tough.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

terrorist ambulance posted:

I don't know if you can win the moon one with t1 troops. Maybe with stronger heroes / higher level imrik, but first confrontation 4 mammoths, 1 special dragon, 1 frost wyrm, 1 chaos giant, and other higher tier monstrous infantry is pretty tough.

Moon was actually the last one I did. I set up my Sea Guard across that impassible terrain crescent in your deployment zone, and the archers behind it them so they couldn't be flanked. The entire enemy army is large, so the spear wall does work and the bows can keep firing the entire time. It helps to have 2-3 dragon units (including imrik and the fire mage if you have them on dragons). Rush down the frost wyrm, the moon dragon and the phoenix in that order, you should be able to take them 3-1. The Mammoths were a pain, but eventually went down to arrows and dragons without causing too much damage

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
So I beat a legendary Vortex campaign with Good King Gobby-Gob and didn't get any achievements. Guess they didn't port over Greenskin achievements to Vortex? I am empty inside.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Well that was a hell of a pyhric victory. I messed up and lost my dragon princes at the midpoint of the battle, and I soon found myself with JUST Imrik, my mage, and a beat up eagle. Somehow Imrik by himself managed to tank the army long enough for my mages vortex's to do their job and I somehow wound up winning that. Imrik is an insane combatant and that's before he's on his dragon. If that was Tyrion I doubt I would have been able to do that, showing powercreep I guess.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I just got annoyed and restarted my Imrik campaign. I've aced every battle - opened by destroying the dwarf minor faction, wiped out Clan Rictus, dumpstered three Grimgor stacks and took them from #1 to #138 (for a few turns, anyway). Won the friendship of the dwarves, pivoted and destroyed Eshin, confederated Caledor (who had eliminated Tiranoc). I think Caledor was the biggest mistake. I've had to garrison it against Hexoatl and chaos corruption, which means it costs more than it earns. The eastern badlands are so spread out that by the time I had wiped out Eshin, Grimgor was back and taking the old Rictus territories. Unrest everywhere, constant rebellions, never enough money. Imrik is insanely strong, and my army can best anyone that comes to the field, but... I think I just want to redo it with a stronger focus. Forget Rictus, Eshin needs to be eliminated instantly. Then maybe the Dragon Isles. There's no benefit in pushing north, and Caledor is a trap.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is anyone else getting one tiny white pixel in the bottom left corner of their screen? It's not my monitor since I've tested with other games and programs. Just one pixel and only with wh2

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So, endgame Vortex attack - two of the Skaven stacks ambush attacked Imrik.

It, uh, didn't work out well for them.

Kaza42 posted:

Imrik's black dragon battle is by far the easiest. You have a perfectly defensible location at the top of a hill, and the monsters reinforce on the other side of an impassible river so they have to go around the long way.

The forest dragon battle can be tricky, so do the invocation of vaul beforehand to get fire damage on everything.

The sun dragon battle is the opposite, a lot of its units have 70%+ fire resistance, so be sure you don't have fire damage on everything.

Moon and Star are pretty straightforward, had no issue with them but I also got them late so already had a dragon posse. Being able to stack dragons on the enemy dragon helps a lot

I'm going to flat out say the Sun Dragon one is probably the hardest. Four phoenixes is just brutal for most army comps you're likely to have early on, and lategame the huge fire resistance on all 5 flying monsters means your dragon posse (or sisters, or Sword of Rhuin buff) is a LOT less effective than against any of the other battles. That they have a bunch of top tier TK infantry mulching single model constructs doesn't help.

The one positive is that they don't support each other well, and the TK portion has basically no shooting, so I took a goon squad of Imrik, 2 flying Nobles and the starting Sun and Mage(+ second Sun) and just ganged up on one group at a time.

Though as you mention it's the easiest to get, in terms of personal boosts the Black Dragon one is by far the most worthless; Immune to Psychology... on a terror causing entity - great. The extra breaths for all armies is theoretically nice, but if the enemy isn't broken by the time I've cycled through the base 3 uses on average, something's gone horribly wrong.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is anyone else getting one tiny white pixel in the bottom left corner of their screen? It's not my monitor since I've tested with other games and programs. Just one pixel and only with wh2

yah

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm playing a Grimgor campaign it's so good

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

The Grimgor and Imrik are best friends co-op campaign has continued on, with an alliance of elf and greenskin beating Thorgrim Grudgebearer to death outside Karaz-A-Karak. The battle was multiple armies, multiple fronts, and just so much relentless and brilliant looking stunty murder. Either Belegar or Ungrim is next. I'm collecting beards for Imrik now.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Are doom diver catapults bugged for anyone else? They can't attack towers during sieges.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The orc tech tree is hilarious. Vanguard all goblins. Thats where they're meant to be while the boys position up for a krumping!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Oh my god the empire is a forsaken vampire wasteland lol

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Oh. Ungrim actually does build ridiculous all-slayer stacks.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

JBP posted:

Oh my god the empire is a forsaken vampire wasteland lol

I dunno if they just ramped up their aggressiveness, but I'm glad that I can actually get a chance to fight the Vampires outside of Sylvania.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

The Grimgor and Imrik are best friends co-op campaign has continued on, with an alliance of elf and greenskin beating Thorgrim Grudgebearer to death outside Karaz-A-Karak. The battle was multiple armies, multiple fronts, and just so much relentless and brilliant looking stunty murder. Either Belegar or Ungrim is next. I'm collecting beards for Imrik now.

Any plans for you guys to do an LP of it?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
So how do you gain reputation for Waaghs besides razing settlements?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This game always owned but it owns super hard now. It's so much fun. I'm fighting elves, rats, other orcs, men and dwarves. I'm still basically in the mountains lmao.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Onmi posted:

I dunno if they just ramped up their aggressiveness, but I'm glad that I can actually get a chance to fight the Vampires outside of Sylvania.

Any plans for you guys to do an LP of it?

We've been streaming it and plan to upload the VODs over the weekend to our LP channel. We've also saved replays of our favourite battles, dunno if we'll do anything with it but we might.

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

It baffles me why any lvl 4 and above building is available to settlements that get no higher than 3.

Oh well, at least some good things are happening! I managed to ambush Skarsnik as Belegar and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMY loving EYES :cripes:

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I can think of a couple. Tomb kings does it all the time, because you don't need the higher level unit, but you want to increase the cap of a lower one, which is pretty common. Lizardmen would do it with their order building to tech up, dark elves should put slave pits in minor settlments in naggarond, even if you can't level them up. That's just off the top of my head.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
It seems like the WH1 races definitely have a lot more buildings that go up to tier 4. They seemed to have streamlined buildings in a sense for most WH2 factions such that most (usually green/Econ buildings) go up to three Except for purple buildings. I’m speaking generally and every race has exceptions usually for public order buildings etc. I think playing with a tier 4 minor settlement mod is huge for dawi or greenskins

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Are there any unique HE landmarks outside of Ulthuan other than the stuff in Imrik's starting province?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
These super goblins are awesome

Fully upgraded cauldron with 4 slots + scrap upgrades means my dirt cheap goblins are basically armored green dwarves with regeneration now. I can just GOBLINTIDE the enemy to death and run around with so many super-gobbo armies. These fancy high tier elf units can't loving kill me :allears:

My next experiment is a ton of goblin archers WITH EXPLODING AMMUNITION :getin:

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Watching 15 rogue idols try to cram themselves through a gate is hilarious. They are SO slow and cumbersome.