Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

im so loving crushed right now

i got a picture with Hana when she was in the States for an RoH show a few years back, and she was so fuckin' kind and just radiated excitement and enthusiasm

gently caress

e: oh no what a bad snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
i really haven't had the chance to keep up with things because of my work lately but i did catch the news and i am seriously sad about this. the rest of the words in my mind are jumbled and i hate this and i'm sad for her family too

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

My inlaw loves Terrace House and I was so excited when I told her Hana was gonna be on the new season....this sucks, gently caress this.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I woke up to this and I was so relieved to see Asuka had gotten in touch with her and that people were going over to be with her and then I hear this and I'm just loving devestated. I really hope that the friends who went over are coping.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Utterly devastating on so many levels. She was so wonderful, and she was in an awful place because of some loving miserable assholes on the internet. God loving drat man.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I checked her twitter today and was relieved that she seemed a little bit happier. I feel so awful

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I can’t say I’d seen her work but I knew of her and people were always positive talking about her. Saw the Twitter stuff before going to bed and that people were on their way to her place, and hoped it’d turn out alright. This was horrible news to wake up to. It’s hitting me really hard.

gently caress social media and most of all those fuckheads who felt it necessary to loving bully her to loving death, jesus christ

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God, this is all so hosed up. The internet is such a god drat cesspool.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I watched Hana's mother wrestle for nearly a decade before Hana had her debut in wrestling. Even on Terrace House, what was generally one of the most wholesome reality shows in existence Hana was an absolute gem. She was harassed by a bunch of people on twitter and fell into a depression only made worse by people online.

She was only 22, I loving hate the internet for causing this.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
What the gently caress man. What the gently caress is this year?
Hope every single one of those sick fucks gets whats coming to em.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

And everyone is isolated and not working, so Hana didn't have the chance to physically be around her friends and peers.

She had the whole world in front of her. I'm so angry.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/DylanZeroSky/status/1264070716137357312?s=19

This broke me. Look at that smile on her face

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Poor Hana, gently caress. My heart breaks for Kyoko, too - parents surviving their kids is a separate tragedy in itself.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

absolutely heartbroken that this could happen to someone so undeserving of it. hana was one of my favourites in the whole sport. just sickening and tragic.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I can't feel.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
yo what the gently caress is this

jesus christ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is just the absolute loving worst :(

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

checked twitter and saw the hashtag, my heart sunk, and my brain tried to rationalize it as one of those weird [blank]isoverparty hashtags that mean what the gently caress ever they mean

what the gently caress is wrong with this year jesus christ

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Jesus wept, twenty two.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm so sad about this. I don't watch wrestling but my mum and I have been watching this season of Terrace House and she seemed so sweet, and the wrestling matches they showed were so cool. Just found this thread because I don't really know anyone who would know who she is and needed somewhere to be sad. This is awful.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
She had so much potential as well and we're never going to see it gently caress

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
she had so much time ahead of her to be potentially one of the best, and we'll never see it happen now. super hosed up, just, absolutely terrible loss for her family and for wrestling

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm really loving devastated by this news, I'm not really a wrestling fan so I just knew her from Terrace House but she was so bright and happy in that show and her job seemed fun and interesting and she deserved so much better

Someone on the Terrace House reddit complained that the post about her death should have been marked as spoilers, because they hadn't watched the new season yet, and I went off at them

gently caress reddit, gently caress social media, gently caress assholes who set out destroy someone's life because they like creating a villain out of a regular girl who went on a tv show for some fun and fame

I dont think I can watch Terrace House anymore

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I'm in tears and I only knew her public persona.
She brought so much joy to so many people as a performer, but it's also clear she brightened so many lives just as a person. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It sounds like Stardom is completely putting everything on pause and if I'm interpreting the latest tweet correctly, providing grief counseling to the roster.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't watch much Stardom but Hana was always a standout from what I've seen there and on her ROH tour. And she definitely lived up to the hype -- incredible talent, tons of charisma, had all the pieces to be the best women's wrestler in the world one day. And we'll never get to see it, and she had her whole life ahead of her at 22 years old.

Honestly I can't come up with the words to describe my heartbreak, this is loving terrible on every level.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I remember tragic wrestler deaths from when I was a kid but now some of these wrestlers I look at as being barely more than kids. it hits different now. I got to see her in person in New York last April and her presence really was something you had to experience first hand even though it comes across in spades on the screen. Just a shattering loss

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
What the actual gently caress :( this is horrible and horrifying

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This poor kid was one of the first people I thought of when I heard the news. She's at every show dressed up as Hana.

"I refuse to believe it. It's a lie. Why did everyone bully Hana? I hate this. I hate adults. I hate everyone"

https://twitter.com/ichika0216i/status/1264048286773571584?s=19

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

This is awful, just awful.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

When I logged on this morning & saw this thread had so many new posts over night my heart sank, but actually seeing the news and it physically felt like my stomach dropped. She was a charismatic, talented young woman. Whole life in front of her, not just in wrestling but life in general. It shouldn't happen. It happened because people are loving vile & social media enables it.

Reach out to your friends & family. Let them know they are loved. That they aren't alone in this horribly cruel world.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I picked to run World of Stardom in the new forum TEW game, and I've been spending the last couple days trying to learn all about my new promotion and the wrestlers in it. I only just 'met,' this super cool person and now they're gone. :(

I wish the sick fucks who are responsible for this would rot in a cell for it. I hope they know that they're murderers and it haunts them for the rest of their lives.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Kairi's tweet about this is really sad: she saw the initial stuff, immediately called Rossy and Jungle Kyona, Kyona apparently rushed to try and get there in time but, well, obviously didn't make it.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

This poor kid was one of the first people I thought of when I heard the news. She's at every show dressed up as Hana.

"I refuse to believe it. It's a lie. Why did everyone bully Hana? I hate this. I hate adults. I hate everyone"

https://twitter.com/ichika0216i/status/1264048286773571584?s=19

You've also got to think about Rina as well: she's older sure but she's still only 13 and they seemed to be pretty close and the other younger Stardom wrestlers. This is going to be hard for everyone, but it'll be especially hard on them I imagine.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

This is hosed.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

This sucks so hard. Hana was incredibly talented and charismatic and had so much life ahead of her.

Social media and reality television were a mistake.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
I don't watch much Stardom but I'm friends with Sumie Sakai in Ring of Honor. We've been friends with her since she reached out to us about our daughter having cancer since we lived in the same town as her in New Jersey. She would tell all of her friends in the business about my kid and one of the few people to go out of their way to reach out was Hana. She sent Sumie some little Hello Kitty toys for my kid and this just rips my heart out. A complete stranger, someone we never met in person, took the time to send a sick kid some little toys to make them happy. I feel sick.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I tried to write something coherent but I'm just horrified by this. I barely follow STARDOM and I was only vaguely familiar with Hana Kimura, but I have friends in her general age range so the details of this tragedy really hit me hard.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Social media and reality television were a mistake.
gently caress whatever producer thought 'oh, let's show this young woman arguing with a dude over something petty on public television' would lead to good things.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Endorph posted:

gently caress whatever producer thought 'oh, let's show this young woman arguing with a dude over something petty on public television' would lead to good things.

I think if everyone got along the producers would be yelling at them when the cameras go off. Every reality show needs a Snooki to be the female villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The ChocoPro show was pretty cathartic. I'm glad that Asuka is holding up okay. Her speech about Hana at the end made me cry.