Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
 For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich will fade away even while they go about their business

James 1:11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Then the Fertitta said to Harden, “I will rain down coconut shrimp from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will shut up and listen!"

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

So in honor of Chicago Bull great Jerry Sloan, I was watching BBALLBREAKDOWN and the recaps Nich has been doing of one of the greatest playoff series, the 09 Celtics Bulls series.

And I was reminded of this:

And also how absolutely bananas Ben "Ben Jordan" Gordon was with his bad shot making.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 23, 2020

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

unban declan this instant or else

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol at the post that got declan banned, are you serious?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

jack back into the mod vr helmet and free him intruder

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

owns

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in the SA Lore, talking about minecraft violence or murder or anything like that is code word for doing it irl and it's been gone over so much in that particular forum + qcs that it means something different to those mods than it would to the casual observer. it's extremely stupid no matter what though. i can't dribble the basketball at my side while moving

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
oh no violence in the lego videogame for babies

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

mods rename me to minecraft atrocities

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Hotlanta man copping a TFF ban right before Declan. It's been a rough time for NBA posters.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Lockback posted:

Hotlanta man copping a TFF ban right before Declan. It's been a rough time for NBA posters.

That one was deserved Declan's is like banning a delightful puppy. There's nothing wrong with the puppy

Cavauro posted:

i can't dribble the basketball at my side while moving

Can you shoot the j?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

He was being a creep and probably shouldn't post for his own mental well being; Declan made a joke about committing cartoon insurance fraud.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MourningView posted:

He was being a creep and probably shouldn't post for his own mental well being; Declan made a joke about committing cartoon insurance fraud.

The "In Minecraft" part was not serious, it's a thing where you add "in minecraft" after a threat or a plot so as to have a "plausible deniability" thing. The context of the post was committing arson in real life, though it was just idle and he wasn't anywhere close to serious. He was absolutely talking about real life though, read the string. He was being mostly harmless though.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm gonna suck my own dick.........in minecraft.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Doltos posted:

That one was deserved Declan's is like banning a delightful puppy. There's nothing wrong with the puppy

Can you shoot the j?

i can shoot it. NOt talking about guns so don't punish me for this post. i learned not to shoot the basketball using equal force from both hands at a diagonal angle in 2003.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lockback posted:

The "In Minecraft" part was not serious, it's a thing where you add "in minecraft" after a threat or a plot so as to have a "plausible deniability" thing. The context of the post was committing arson in real life, though it was just idle and he wasn't anywhere close to serious. He was absolutely talking about real life though, read the string. He was being mostly harmless though.

In context it was in response to someone burning down a church because they were violating social distancing and it was about saving dumb people from themselves. He also said he wouldn't do it in part because it's hard to make sure no one gets hurt

I dunno, I don't post in C SPAM

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
League is polling GMs on options for the return:

quote:

GMs will be able to vote on a series of scenarios, The Athletic has learned.

Season formats for consideration:

— Advance directly to playoffs: (16 teams, four rounds, best-of-seven series) with postseason teams based on standings as of March 12
— A “Playoffs Plus” option: Expanding the number of teams with the opportunity to play, either through holding a play-in tournament to determine the final seed(s) in playoffs, to be played by “bubble teams” or replacing the first round of the playoffs with a group stage.
— If “Playoffs Plus” — how many teams should return to play: 18, 20, 22 or 24?
— “Playoffs Plus” play-in format options: Play-in tournament featuring bubble teams for 8th seed; play-in tournament for 7th and 8th seed; or group stage that replaces first round of playoffs and all participating in groups (each team plays two games against each group opponent and top two teams from each group advances to traditional second round).

Scrimmage games prior to any restart:
— 2, 3, 4, or 5

Total regular season games:
— 72 or 76

Playoff format:
— Traditional (East/West) or reseed all teams

Latest possible date for finish:
— Labor Day, Sept. 15, Oct. 1, Oct. 15 or Nov. 1

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1264210345037570052?s=21

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lockback posted:

Hotlanta man is an outright racist, sexist and transphobe, gently caress him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Advance immediately to playoffs seems like the best option if you plan on having any kind of season next year, and even then I'd assume you'd have to have a late start and a shortened season

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Intruder posted:

In context it was in response to someone burning down a church because they were violating social distancing and it was about saving dumb people from themselves. He also said he wouldn't do it in part because it's hard to make sure no one gets hurt

I dunno, I don't post in C SPAM

There is also decent evidence it wasn’t real and the church did it themselves which is where the insurance fraud comes from.

Don’t know why they think he was advocating that

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I would rather we didn't talk about other forums, and especially not moderation in those other forums.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't want to hear that other SAS NBA posters say horrible things outside of this thread :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MourningView posted:

oh no violence in the lego videogame for babies

It's hosed up you explode when you die then have to clean up your remains to keep resources

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Intruder posted:

Advance immediately to playoffs seems like the best option if you plan on having any kind of season next year, and even then I'd assume you'd have to have a late start and a shortened season

At the very least it immediately cuts the number of players, staff, etc that need to be dealt with in half.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://mobile.twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1264215364470296577

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

laughing at any plan that doesn't restart the NBA with jim boylen's suicide squad bulls playing out the string for the 7th pick

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

laughing at any plan that doesn't restart the NBA with jim boylen's suicide squad bulls playing out the string for the 7th pick

4 hours a day doing suicides over a zoom call have to pay off somehow

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I would like the format that leads okc to the wfc

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they should just say gently caress it and to a straight-up single-elimination march madness-style tournament

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Metapod posted:

I would like the format that leads okc to the wfc

This is our best chance of CP3 not majorly running out of gas.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

it's tragic that creepers blew up his knees before his prime

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1264233209396527104?s=21

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
All team against eachother with a single game elimination tournament.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
play in tournament for the bottom 4 seeds in each conference would own.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Have the some interconferance games with the playoff teams to get teams back in rhythm then start the playoffs. No need to bring the teams who aren't in contention for the playoffs to the bubble for like 6 games

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
we will not truly be back as a nation unless I can watch the detroit pistons play at Disney world to determine who has best odds for the sixth pick in the draft

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Metapod posted:

Have the some interconferance games with the playoff teams to get teams back in rhythm then start the playoffs. No need to bring the teams who aren't in contention for the playoffs to the bubble for like 6 games

I agree with you but that reason is $$$. I think they are going to try to sell more games upfront (hence the idea of back-to-back-to-back-to-back games every day like summer league). For what its worth the players seem to be on board since they get half of the whatever deals can get cut for this so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
We as a nation should not have to watch the pistons during this.