Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

idk if this is actually good but i went 2-0 in fnm with this mutate deck i threw together

Deck
4 Dreamtail Heron (IKO) 47
2 Archipelagore (IKO) 41
2 Pouncing Shoreshark (IKO) 64
8 Island (UND) 89
3 Auspicious Starrix (IKO) 144
12 Forest (UND) 96
3 Migratory Greathorn (IKO) 165
3 Glowstone Recluse (IKO) 156
4 Essence Symbiote (IKO) 149
3 Parcelbeast (IKO) 199
4 Trumpeting Gnarr (IKO) 213
4 Paradise Druid (WAR) 171
4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
4 Ancient Ziggurat (CONF) 141

e: 4-1, lost to UB flash

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Wafflecopper posted:

Discounted Ikoria pack in daily deals today

Not by much though. Some of the discounts are basically free, this is only 25% off. Not worth it if you don't usually buy packs.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

evilweasel posted:

Not by much though. Some of the discounts are basically free, this is only 25% off. Not worth it if you don't usually buy packs.

yeah but i still like to share non-cosmetic deals in case anyone who would want them misses them, i'm sure some people reading this thread buy packs

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I hadn't seen a Gyruda deck in several weeks, I'm grinding with the Boros Cycling deck and I see one, it goes off on turn 4 perfectly, they get like 6 triggers of Gyruda, and I bet they're feeling really great about themselves, until I hit them with a Zenith Flare for like 27.

Man that deck really was a flash in the pan wasn't it.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

It’d be tier 1 if agent of treachery cost 8 mana

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

Just LMAO if you don’t reroll kill 25 creatures or play 25 lands every time

I re-rolled into it from a 500 and it's a 750 so :shrug:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The real issue is that nothing triggers Haste for Gyruda and co. Like who cares if you got 40 power worth of creatures in one turn when a wrath would put a stop to that, let alone a Zenith Flare. It's a trick that works once, is easily predictable, and can be stopped.

That being said, still really fun to just poo poo out a bunch of giant creatures.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
I forgot that Mono-U mirrors are settled on turn 2

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Tom Gorman posted:

I wish Historic Artisan would stick around for a month or so. I'm having a lot of fun in a format with an effective gobbos deck.

Deck
4 Fanatical Firebrand (RIX) 101
4 Skirk Prospector (DAR) 144
4 Gempalm Incinerator (LGN) 94
3 Ember Hauler (M20) 137
1 Goblin Cratermaker (GRN) 103
4 Goblin Instigator (M19) 142
4 Goblin Matron (MH1) 129
4 Goblin Ringleader (M20) 143
4 Goblin Warchief (DAR) 130
4 Heraldic Banner (ELD) 222
1 Volley Veteran (M19) 168
23 Mountain (ANA) 59

This deck is hilarious. Warchief and Heraldic Banner allow you poo poo out an insane amount of hasty power.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

fadam posted:

Loving this so far. All the incidental value beaters they added really made this deck less of a pain in the rear end to pilot. People are still mad as hell about this deck, I'm encountering ropers every other game :negative:

UG Nexus is the brooding antihero historic deserves.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dying in three turns to a caveman turn sideways hearthstone deck: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!
Dying after a long game against Nexus: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I went 2-0 in FNM and 5-0 in the Festival with this old dimir pile I had lying around, and I have no idea how

Deck
4 Dimir Guildgate (GRN) 245
8 Island (ANA) 57
7 Swamp (ANA) 58
4 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
3 Sinister Sabotage (GRN) 54
2 Disfigure (M20) 95
3 Thoughtbound Phantasm (GRN) 55
4 Dismal Backwater (M20) 245
2 Quench (RNA) 48
2 Notion Rain (GRN) 193
3 Discovery // Dispersal (GRN) 223
3 Tyrant's Scorn (WAR) 225
4 Nightveil Sprite (GRN) 48
4 Nightveil Predator (GRN) 191
3 Disinformation Campaign (GRN) 167
4 Dimir Spybug (GRN) 166

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Double tap Q is actually the real QoL that Nexus needed holy smokes

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I've been screwing around a bit with the Gruul list and it seems good, but I'm not sure if the standard build with BTE and QB isn't just better. I'm pretty bad at piloting non-traditional aggro decks tho so I might be missing some subtlety here.

Eej posted:

Double tap Q is actually the real QoL that Nexus needed holy smokes

It sure is!

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

I think I drafted a pretty decent Lutri deck here, but I need to figure out two more cuts. I wanted to try and shoehorn in the ultimatum, but I just don't see that happening with so little fixing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hmm mono b lurrus does seem to suffer against the wall of Yorion that exists in plat.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Mike N Eich posted:

I hadn't seen a Gyruda deck in several weeks, I'm grinding with the Boros Cycling deck and I see one, it goes off on turn 4 perfectly, they get like 6 triggers of Gyruda, and I bet they're feeling really great about themselves, until I hit them with a Zenith Flare for like 27.

Man that deck really was a flash in the pan wasn't it.

I still remember when everyone was either calling for Gyruda to be banned or furiously crafting them. Its just like Dance of the Manse, its the first sorta good deck anyone has seen in the new meta so everyone copies it for 2 weeks until the actual meta decks have been figured out.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Deck dump:

https://twitter.com/crokeyz/status/1263882802761793537

https://twitter.com/crokeyz/status/1263586002494353410

https://twitter.com/crokeyz/status/1263439178387410944

Stephen Croke is the guy who hit #1 Mythic at the start of the set with Rakdos Lurrus and popularized the Yorion Lukka deck.

https://twitter.com/Mengu09/status/1263788447879303168

https://twitter.com/yoman_5/status/1263560767074263040

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Man whoever was talking about ghostform on Lurrus upthread wasn't kidding! just backbreaking to keep Lurrus up and churn out a bunch of poo poo.

barge
Jun 12, 2006

Well historic is fun so far. Obliterater turns out to be more a little more playable than I thought, using him to fight a freshly cast ulamog with that black/green ikoria draft reanimation spell and leaving a completely blank board is pretty pretty fun :sweep:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, I ran Obliterator fight decks from Innistrad to Phyrexia block's rotation and had a lot of fun with them. They would have been all over the place is people weren't already running 3-4 Dismembers no matter what color they ran. I can imagine a them thriving in an environment without Dismember.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Wafflecopper posted:

idk if this is actually good but i went 2-0 in fnm with this mutate deck i threw together

Deck
4 Dreamtail Heron (IKO) 47
2 Archipelagore (IKO) 41
2 Pouncing Shoreshark (IKO) 64
8 Island (UND) 89
3 Auspicious Starrix (IKO) 144
12 Forest (UND) 96
3 Migratory Greathorn (IKO) 165
3 Glowstone Recluse (IKO) 156
4 Essence Symbiote (IKO) 149
3 Parcelbeast (IKO) 199
4 Trumpeting Gnarr (IKO) 213
4 Paradise Druid (WAR) 171
4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
4 Ancient Ziggurat (CONF) 141

e: 4-1, lost to UB flash

This deck absolutely tore through both historic artisan events, thanks. Opponents scoop as soon as Starrix hits the field. I really love making big dumb creatures with mutate, it fills me with so much joy.

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Man whoever was talking about ghostform on Lurrus upthread wasn't kidding! just backbreaking to keep Lurrus up and churn out a bunch of poo poo.

Speaking of scooping, I die a little every time I see this across the board. Absolutely grinding work to try to remove it. I hate it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

barge posted:

Well historic is fun so far. Obliterater turns out to be more a little more playable than I thought, using him to fight a freshly cast ulamog with that black/green ikoria draft reanimation spell and leaving a completely blank board is pretty pretty fun :sweep:

I fought someone playing this deck or similar just a bit ago and I can't believe that new reanimate/fight spell is instant speed

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Big McHuge posted:

I think I drafted a pretty decent Lutri deck here, but I need to figure out two more cuts. I wanted to try and shoehorn in the ultimatum, but I just don't see that happening with so little fixing.

connection for sure

then... gremlin or 4/2? if you don't want to cut a creature, the next worst card is probably footfall crater.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

So I just had a sweet UR spells/Lutri deck that lost two games in a row because Vadrok is bugged. That is, if you cast Vadrok for its mutate cost in premier draft, it just doesn't trigger. You can select a spell and hit Resolve, and then it doesn't cast. Apparently this is a known issue.
Is there any way to get my draft entry cost refunded? I'm a little bummed out that such a sweet deck ended up 3-3 for such a stupid reason. The first time I assumed I misclicked, so the second time I was super careful and the same thing happened.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah email support and they should refund your entry fully.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That absolutely happens in Brawl too! I built a Vadrok deck and played like 4 games and it happened twice and I couldn’t figure out what I was missing so I deleted the deck lol

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I played mono black Lurrus almost all day yesterday and only 1 opponent figured out that you have to exile the Ghostform before you can make any meaningful progress against the deck.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah email support and they should refund your entry fully.

I feel like an idiot but what is the support email address? They don’t make it easy to find.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
you can submit a bug report here https://feedback.wizards.com/forums/918667-mtg-arena-bugs and they should respond to it by refunding you.

God that site is hard to track down though.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

friends,

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a good reason to not slam the vault open as soon as you can?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lone Goat barely plays constructed and for some impossibly stupid reason you only see your vault progress when you have an unopened one.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

fadam posted:

Is there a good reason to not slam the vault open as soon as you can?

unless something changed recently, the only way in client to see how much vault progress you have is if it's over 100%.

i don't care about constructed and i like seeing the number go up. it's at like 750% or so right now.

so no, not really.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I did that but it looked like one of those forms that drops into a bottomless pit and never sees a response so I wanted to see if there was anything I was missing, anyways, gently caress Vadrok.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I just played against an anti-black lurrus deck. Running dreadhorde arcanists.

No idea what the plan was, but it looked funny.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

unless something changed recently, the only way in client to see how much vault progress you have is if it's over 100%.

i don't care about constructed and i like seeing the number go up. it's at like 750% or so right now.

so no, not really.

Thanks!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
What's the vault?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

When you get too many of a common or uncommon (5 or more), each extra one gives you a fraction of a percent towards 3 uncommon, 2 rare and 1 mythic wildcard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

PerniciousKnid posted:

What's the vault?

whenever you get commons or uncommons that you already have 4x of, it slowly increments a counter. when that counter hits 100%, you can click the vault to get some wild cards. more details here: https://magicarena.fandom.com/wiki/Vault