Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There were some guys who turned having loud, yelling neighbors into a kind of viral fame but, uh, that’s not a very fun story when you actually get down to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my gf I would rather kiss her for $100 than kiss the hottest girl I know for $700?

Today is my (24) birthday, I just got done with work and was watching tv when my girlfriend of 4 years came in the room to tell me she made my favorite kind of pie. She then asked me if I would rather kiss her for $100 dollars or kiss the hottest girl I know for $700. Not thinking much about it I said I would kiss her for $100. She got upset that I didn’t say she was the hottest girl I knew. She stormed off to our room and won’t talk to me. To me it seems like a trick question and I don’t get why she is so mad. AITA?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my gf I would rather kiss her for $100 than kiss the hottest girl I know for $700?

Today is my (24) birthday, I just got done with work and was watching tv when my girlfriend of 4 years came in the room to tell me she made my favorite kind of pie. She then asked me if I would rather kiss her for $100 dollars or kiss the hottest girl I know for $700. Not thinking much about it I said I would kiss her for $100. She got upset that I didn’t say she was the hottest girl I knew. She stormed off to our room and won’t talk to me. To me it seems like a trick question and I don’t get why she is so mad. AITA?

I would be all like “why you trynta get a extra $700 out of me BIOTCH!” :nyd:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Poster shoulda known better in general, like obviously if your SO is asking you questions about the person you consider most attractive any response that doesn't include them is a bad one. It's such a boring and insecure question though, honeslty the response was unintentionally perfect.

You don't wanna deal with that poo poo

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA? Did we lie to MIL about my hysterectomy?

quote:

Throwaway; family browses reddit. Sorry for the length. I’m also being vague about some family details. Pardon any weird grammar.

My husband and I have a DD who is 18 months. DH and I struggled to get me pregnant then I had to have a hysterectomy after DD was born. It ended up being a necessity after they cut me open.

DH and I previously hadn’t told anyone for several reasons; no one lived close by before the birth, it just never came up in conversation and partly because it’s no one else’s business.

Several of my siblings became foster parents in the past few years and DH and I have been looking into it. Right before quarantine started, I picked up a bunch of books about it from the library.

MIL asked if she could come over to visit. (She moved closer to us after DD was born), We’ve been self-isolating and I trust MIL. So, we made a play date for 2 Saturday’s ago. It was a nice visit. As she left, MIL saw the foster care books and asked about them.

“Oh, you’re becoming foster parents?” Said with a definite frown in her tone.

DH: Just researching.

MIL: I’d hoped you’d have another baby, a real child.

That got my hackles raised, one of my siblings just adopted their foster son who was placed with them back in 2017. That child is just a real and just as much my nephew as the ones who were born into the family. I admit, I got a bit snippy and said that the state wouldn’t go through the trouble of certifying us to be foster parents only to give us cardboard cutouts, they’d let us foster real children.

MIL: Don’t get snippy with me, I meant children of your own. A pregnancy.

DH: That won’t be happening.

MIL: I know getting pregnant was tough, but I’ll help you pay for another round of IVF. You can’t just stop after one child. I’ll cash in my retirement for you. I’ll work to my death bed if it means you have another child.

We tell MIL about the hysterectomy and she loses it. “Why did you lie to me! I’m never going to be a grandma again!” type of stuff. DH makes her leave and tells her she needs to calm down.

News of my hysterectomy is on Facebook within 30 mins. No names, but when MIL mentions “They’ve only blessed me with one grandchild!” and we’re the only couple in the family with a single child it’s obvious that she’s talking about us.

I posted one comment that “the hysterectomy was for health reasons and I’d probably be dead without it. DH and I felt that me being here, alive, and raising DD was more important than the good possibility of me popping out another baby and then dying.”

Her response was: PROBABLY. You could have tried to save your fertility. Instead, you decided to kill your future children and lie to the entire family.

I blocked her.

DH tried for a little while longer, but he gave up too.

We’ve had several family members message us, and saying they didn’t think we lied about the hysterectomy, but we really should have told MIL about it when it happened.

So, I wanted to know, are we the assholes for not telling my MIL about the hysterectomy?

JYMIL turns into a JNMIL after I have a medically necessary hysterectomy and then acts like nothing happened when she wants Grandbaby pics

quote:

I don’t know if I’m allowed to post links to other parts of reddit. I'm pretty ambivalent about advice since I'm pretty sure DH and I have this in hand. TW for mentions of a traumatic birth.

I posted a thread in Am I the rear end in a top hat earlier. The short of it was that my previously JYMIL went nuts when she found out DH and I are thinking about becoming foster parents and that I had a medically necessary hysterectomy after the birth of mine and DH’s only child 18 months ago. She accused us, of lying, and said a lot more hurtful things.

After this blew up on Facebook, and several family members sided with her, DH and I ended up blocking her and a bunch of other family members.

It’s been about 2.5 weeks since the visit. She texted me earlier and asked if I was on Facebook anymore since she didn’t see my profile. “I miss seeing sweet girl and her toofy smile! Send me the pictures?

Like WTF woman. You blast my medical information on Facebook, accuse me of “killing future grandchildren.” Say that if you’d been there “you could have made us see sense.” And then ask for pictures like you’ve done nothing wrong?

DH is PISSED. He is going to wait a couple of days before responding. Even if he verbally rips her to shreds, he wants to be a little calmer while writing the verbal smackdown.

Spoiler alert though, I won’t be sending pictures.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Reached the end of this thread at last. I have to ask though, what's the origin of "X can have a little Y, as a treat?"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Its nice to see a girlfriend who takes hypothetical situations seriously. I used to know a girl in collage but whenever I'd come to her with "If a man managed to have a sexual relationship with a tiger should he be vilified by society or praised" or "If you had to swap the functions of two bodily orifices which would they be?" she'd just brush me off and call me a weirdo. Anyway I'm single now.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Olive Branch posted:

Reached the end of this thread at last. I have to ask though, what's the origin of "X can have a little Y, as a treat?"

It’s some twitter meme that took off a while ago. Started off as cats can have a little sausage as a treat. It’s nothing unique to SA

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Olive Branch posted:

It was "cats can have a little salami, as a treat" in an FAQ on a butcher shop's website. The article was written in 2017 and went viral in 2019. They've since taken down the site because they were getting too many joke orders.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We decided to get a puppy. Put the deposit down, and the day comes to pick her up (8 week old lab). I decided to contact the breeder and set up the proposal with the puppy. The whole event went off flawlessly. It was an amazing and exciting day for our families and everybody came in waves to celebrate with us and meet the puppy.

Is this normal? Maybe it's just the language he's using, but it sounds like he's marrying the dog.

Anyways, if a ring is stuck on your finger, it helps a lot if another person tries to take it off. They have to pull the skin around the ringer in the opposite direction they pull the ring and it should just pop right off. If you just pull on the ring, the skin around it bunches up in front of the ring and it gets stuck.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Gettng into semantics here, but doesn't the phrasing of the question have to mean two seperate people? Also, is he being paid to kiss someone or paying to kiss them? The question is horribly ambiguous and he should probably run screaming from anyone taking this kind of hypothetical poo poo seriously,

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Miss posted:

AITA? Did we lie to MIL about my hysterectomy?

JYMIL turns into a JNMIL after I have a medically necessary hysterectomy and then acts like nothing happened when she wants Grandbaby pics

So DH is the husband/designated hitter, DD is a child of some sort but designated driver? What are the JY and JY in from of mother in law?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Gerblyn posted:

Anyways, if a ring is stuck on your finger, it helps a lot if another person tries to take it off. They have to pull the skin around the ringer in the opposite direction they pull the ring and it should just pop right off. If you just pull on the ring, the skin around it bunches up in front of the ring and it gets stuck.

What I’ve always been taught is to take an elastic band, wrap it tight around the finger, feed the loose end through the ring, then pull it away. The elastic will keep your skin pressed down and it’ll unravel and pop off as you pull it.

The easier way of doing this is to find the non emergency number for your local fire department and give them a call asking if they can get a ring off without cutting it

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

ilmucche posted:

So DH is the husband/designated hitter, DD is a child of some sort but designated driver? What are the JY and JY in from of mother in law?

DH = Dear husband, DD = dear daughter, JY = just yes, JN = just no

Yes I do read these posts way too often, why do you ask?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Evil Willow posted:

DH = Dear husband, DD = dear daughter, JY = just yes, JN = just no

Yes I do read these posts way too often, why do you ask?

I get the feeling all these were invented as a better alternative than having to come up with fake names.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
SO thinks my parents should be funding her lifestyle if I die

quote:

Given the times we’re discussing things like what to do if one of us gets sick. I bring in more money than SO which pays for most of the bills. I make decent money so we are able to afford a housekeeper on a weekly basis. SO then asks where she would stay if I die (parents own the house) and asks me to talk to my parents about them paying the bills. She has a full time job. She wants me to talk to them about funding the cable bill and other luxuries... for some reason SO thinks if I were to die that she deserves to continue to live in the lifestyle she is accustomed. Lifestyle I currently pay for. I am absolutely furious that she thinks she deserves for my elderly parents to pay her bills.

I don’t even know how to respond to this.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Evil Willow posted:

I don’t even know how to respond to this.

hows your life insurance my dude? Get yourself a world class bodyguard because your girls clearly tryna get you whacked.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Evil Willow posted:

lmfao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

What is this the fuckin Mob?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

My brother refuses to use my new legal name. My boyfriend has asked him to move out because of it. [20sMF]

quote:

I decided last year to change my name. I have been with Ron [25M] for ten years. I'm [24f]👑👑. We have no desire to get married yet. We are talking about marriage when I'm thirty but it's not something we feel validated our relationship.

We decided instead to pick out a new last name and change our names together. While we were deciding we both expressed how much we hate our names. Ron's original name very long and didn't fit him. He's Indian decent and has always gone by Ron with friends.

He said he would just want to shorten it completely. I have not really gone by my full name either. I go by Violet after the girl who chewed too much gum in Willy Wonka.

It's a really old joke and I love the name. Ron asked if I just wanted to change the whole name with him. Ron told his family and they were fine with it surprisingly. His parents (60 and 63) said that they had thought about changing it when they moved here but felt it was their kids choice.

Ron's sister Amy also changed her first name when she married. Though her fist name is now her middle name. Sorry if too many details. Anyways they were supportive.

I told my mom (45f) and dad (50) who said they thought I would have done it sooner. So Ron and I went and changed our names together. We are now Ron and Violet Reno (where we met. Town has been changed.)

Everyone has called me Violet for twenty years. Everyone at school calls me that. My senior yearbook has Violet as my name. I just didn't think it would be simple to change the name. Turns out it's pretty easy.

Well my brother Harry (27) has decided to start calling me Elizabeth again. He calls me Lizzy or BETH. he introduces me as Liz to people. He then got pissed I told his gf of two weeks that my legal name is Violet MaidenName Reno.

I guess it caused a fight with his gf because he made her (24f) feel stupid. My name has been changed for months now and Harry keeps pushing the Liz thing.

The problem is while I was okay just letting it go Ron refuses. He said he doesn't want someone in his home who does not respect us. He gave Harry a formal eviction notice and says he has thirty days to get out. Harry has been living with us while unemployed for about six months.

We live far from our family and our parents currently live in a trailer park while they travel around. They have said Harry can live with them but needs to pay rent and no female guests.

I am taking Ron's side because it does bother me and we have talked to Harry almost ten times a day about the name thing. I am just not sure what to do. I have tried talking to Harry about it. I said if he started calling me by my name Ron would likely relent. Harry says it's stupid and I am siding with a tyrant.

Ron feels like we have paid a lot for Harry to live with us. We paid his car off and let him stay here rent free for four months. He has since started paying rent but it's small compared to what we could charge him. Ron says that I could asked to be called Her Highness and it would still be okay.

I am not sure what the right thing to do is. I couldn't find anything specific to my exact situation so I thought I would ask. Help? Is it over the line?

TL;DR Legally changed my name to a nicknamem (Violet) which I have used since age four. My brother. my brother refuses to use nickname now that it's legal. Boyfriend/future hubby has asked brother to move out due to lack of respect. Not sure what the right thing to do is.

tl;dr: Mandatory summary/question!

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Miss posted:

My brother refuses to use my new legal name. My boyfriend has asked him to move out because of it. [20sMF]

Brothers side

quote:

so there's this hand that's been feeding me for six months, usually its really good stuff but a few weeks ago i wanted to know how the hand tasted, so i bit it. It actually doesn't taste that good, but i don't really feel like letting go. Now the hand has stopped giving me food! What the gently caress hand?!??! loving tyrant...

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

My boyfriend sells Pokemon Cards as his career and 3 years ago I cost him thousands of dollars in merchandise. He proposed to me this weekend but I can't forgive myself for what happened 3 years ago, and I don't think I can marry him because of it.

quote:

I've (27F) been dating my boyfriend (26M) since 2016, and he proposed to me this past Sunday. I told him that my answer is probably yes, but I have to think about it. I told him there is just so much going on right now, what with the pandemic and all, and I need some time to think about it.

Here is some backstory. My boyfriend sells Pokemon cards for his job. He runs a big store where he holds events and stuff for local Pokemon Leagues, and when there is a bigger event, called a Pokemon Regionals, he packs up his shop, and goes to vend at those events. I don't really play Pokemon, and I've tried to get into it, but it just doesn't really appeal to me. But he really loves it, and it makes him happy, and he makes a really good income off of it, so really I don't have any complaints.

During the first stretch of our relationship, we were spending a lot of time with each other while I was unemployed. He was working from home at the time, and had not yet established a physical storefront for his business. He was doing mostly online sales on some websites that he was registered in, but every couple months he would pack up his minivan with as much stuff as he could hold, and drive out of the state to a Pokemon Regionals. I never got to go with him before because I always had work, but after I was laid off, I didnt have anything else to do that weekend. I asked if I could come with him, and so I went with him.

At the venue, he was amazing, There was like a hundred people around his store booth at a time, and he kept zipping around to each of them. I wasn't working for him, i was just sitting in the back of his booth with my laptop open, just watching him and his other coworker do his thing. Then the actual tournament started and everyone was sitting at the tables playing their games, and the amount of people who came to the booth was only a couple people at a time. Probably parents of some of the younger players.

After Round 4 or 5, my boyfriend said he was going to go get some food for us. The business had died down, and at the beginning of the rounds, we werent getting much business since everyone was seated. So my boyfriend left, and his coworker handled the shop. After a few minutes, his coworker asked if I could watch the shop while he ran to the bathroom. I figured why not, I've helped my boyfriend with his shop at his house before, I could handle this no problem.

So I was alone in our booth, and some kid around 15-16 years old comes up, and hes wearing a charizard hat, except the charizard was blue and black with blue fire, and he was wearing a shirt with a Pikachu wearing a wrestling belt pointing to the sky. He points to some of the cards in the case, Shaymin EX, Jirachi EX, Charizard EX, and some older vintage retro cards like Pikachu Star, Entei Star, Raikou Star, Suicune Star, and Base Set Charizard. I remember the cards he asked for very well. He asked if he could see them so he could check condition. So I took them all out of the case and handed them to him and then he asked if we had any VS Seekers, and I didnt know what those were at the time so I told him to wait a moment and I'll check the trainer boxes we had behind me. When i turned back around, the kid was gone, and he had left with the cards I handed him. I freaked out and texted my boyfriend and told him we might have gotten robbed, so he said he'd rush over right away

My boyfriend got back before his coworker did, and the first thing he asked was where his coworker was. Then I told him what happened. I asked him how much he lost and if he was mad at me, and he told me that he wasn't upset with me. He said I got taken advantage of for being inexperienced and his coworker should have never left me alone since i don't work for the store in the first place. And he also told me that the amount that was taken wasn't very much and it wasn't important.

But I'm a member of the same Pokemon trading card game facebook group that he and everyone else are a part of, and there was a whole post about it trying to find the kid responsible. one of the convention center cameras picked up the back of the thiefs body but I dont think they ever caught him since my boyfriend would have told me about it. But in the discussion, he had revealed that he lost almost 7000$ since I ended up handing the thief all the Shaymin EX and Base Set Charizards that were in the booth.

This was 3 years ago. I have dreams every so often of me handing that kid these cards and the kid has like a devils face or my boyfriends face and I always wake up in tears. I think about this all the time. I havent helped him sell cards in his store since, although I did support him and help him when he moved into a physical storefront downtown. I love him so much and I know he has long forgiven me, but I dont think I can get married to him. I dont think I'll ever forgive myself for this.

I really need help and advice here. I'm afraid to talk to him about it. I'm afraid to say yes to the proposal. But I'm also afraid to say no.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chemtrail huffer posted:

My boyfriend sells Pokemon Cards as his career and 3 years ago I cost him thousands of dollars in merchandise. He proposed to me this weekend but I can't forgive myself for what happened 3 years ago, and I don't think I can marry him because of it.

Uh therapy?

Obviously talking to him is out of the question as she said but if you are having nightmares about this one thing 3 years later....

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

chemtrail huffer posted:

That's some sad poo poo.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
She probably should have taken the cards back before she turned her back to the kid. There was probably a bunch of things she could have done but poo poo happens. He obviously seems to be ok with it. I dont think theres much to say. Sometimes you get got.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

chemtrail huffer posted:

Fakest post in any r/r thread by a wide margin. A loving professional pokemon card dealer who isn't a raging misogynist rear end in a top hat? No loving way.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

There really isn't a whole lot to say except get therapy, lady. The guilt and negativity from that incident is entirely one-sided. Her boyfriend has obviously forgiven her and moved past this. I don't think this is part of some elaborate revenge scheme spanning multiple years. It's not like he's going to lull her into a false sense of security, the pretense of a blissful marriage to let her guard down. Then the little incidents start happening. A little Shaymin doll appears on her bed, but disappears when she turns away. She gets a threatening email that says Entei is going to burn her house down, but when she tells her hubby, the email already deleted itself. All little tricks of the mind, he tells her. Finally, OP will wake up one day strapped to a table as a massive pokemon card is swinging directly above her, slowly descending to her trapped body. Her husband shrieks, "How could you lose my first edition base set Charizard?!" The giant pokemon card slices her and gives her a large paper cut. She never noticed the huge card depicted a Bisharp, the poetic justice was lost on her.

What were we talking about again? Oh right, op needs to communicate to her bf and get therapy.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

DemoneeHo posted:

There really isn't a whole lot to say except get therapy, lady. The guilt and negativity from that incident is entirely one-sided. Her boyfriend has obviously forgiven her and moved past this. I don't think this is part of some elaborate revenge scheme spanning multiple years. It's not like he's going to lull her into a false sense of security, the pretense of a blissful marriage to let her guard down. Then the little incidents start happening. A little Shaymin doll appears on her bed, but disappears when she turns away. She gets a threatening email that says Entei is going to burn her house down, but when she tells her hubby, the email already deleted itself. All little tricks of the mind, he tells her. Finally, OP will wake up one day strapped to a table as a massive pokemon card is swinging directly above her, slowly descending to her trapped body. Her husband shrieks, "How could you lose my first edition base set Charizard?!" The giant pokemon card slices her and gives her a large paper cut. She never noticed the huge card depicted a Bisharp, the poetic justice was lost on her.

What were we talking about again? Oh right, op needs to communicate to her bf and get therapy.

lmao

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

DemoneeHo posted:

God, what a post.

AITA for unintentionally saying racist comments

quote:

I have a bad tendency to say racist phrases without even realising. I once called my black friend "Donkey Kong" as a joke, without thinking.

Today, me and a friend were designing a character for a psuedo D&D campaign over discord. He wanted me to describe the main character in detail; I described him as "his skin tone almost white, showing how pure he is". He immediatley became incredibley pissed, whilst i was wholly confused. He explains it to me and i immediatley apologise, the rest of the conversation becomes even more akward over time. Eventually he says that at this rate i'm going to say this to someone who doesn't know me, that that's what pisses him off.

AITA for my racist comments?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
At the very least he's an rear end in a top hat for his horrendous spelling.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My(35f) bf(35m) wants to get a silver tooth. I am not sure how i feel about it and need advice.

quote:

So long story short. My bf is missing a tooth beside his two front teeth. He is getting it fixed. He said he wants to get a silver tooth. At first i thought it was kind of cool. He is different and I like that. Think modern pirate/viking mix. He is a mechanic so can get away with looking non conventional...

After talking to a few people and hearing their reactions to it i am having thoughts that maybe i should let him know it might not be the smartest choice to get a silver tooth. I know he doesnt care about what other people think and that's great but i would hate for people to misjudge him because of his tooth. I googled and it seemed like most people think silver tooth = criminal.

Also, i think he is very handsome and i think a silver tooth would distract from his face. I am worried i might hate it when he gets it done. Then what? The relationship is very new (3 months) we both said i love yous already.

So my questions are: what would you think about someone with a silver tooth? I really dont want to be controlling at all. Do you think i should say something? If so, how should i say it?

Thank you

TL;DR: bf is getting a silver tooth and i have mix feelings about it. I would like to know what others think of a silver tooth

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

LadyPictureShow posted:

My(35f) bf(35m) wants to get a silver tooth. I am not sure how i feel about it and need advice.

If he looks exactly like Kristofer Hivju or Johan Hegg, he can get away with it. Otherwise just get some regular dang teeth installed.

Skutter fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 24, 2020

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Skutter posted:

If he looks exactly like Kristofer Hivju or Johan Hess, he can get away with it. Otherwise just get some regular dang teeth installed.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

Skutter posted:

If he looks exactly like Kristofer Hivju or Johan Hess, he can get away with it. Otherwise just get some regular dang teeth installed.

I'm assuming a viking-looking mechanic is the sort of person who can get away with it so I'm all for it.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

VanSandman posted:

That's not a very nice thing to call Mrs. Johnson.

Yes I'm aware of the whole David Cameron thing but he was like a billion years ago.

They were in the same undergraduate secret society at Oxford. If David Cameron hosed a dead pig while a member of it, Johnson probably did too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Biplane posted:

Fakest post in any r/r thread by a wide margin. A loving professional pokemon card dealer who isn't a raging misogynist rear end in a top hat? No loving way.

I think you might be right just because of how specific everything is. She's not really into Pokemon, but seems to have a bunch of names down pat.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I think you might be right just because of how specific everything is. She's not really into Pokemon, but seems to have a bunch of names down pat.

It’s a pretty boring fake though.

Like there isn’t much to talk about with it.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

No one is that cool. :colbert:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

There wasn't a sickle but there definitely was a hammer.

God that movie is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, that part definitely seems written as specific bait to get nerds riled up, though on the other hand, she's said she has played the card game a bit and may remember the names, and she could have played the video games, or Pokemon Go, or whatever. Pokemon names are usually pretty easy to remember.