Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I don't need an Idris or a Javelin...

I know how to use a space mop, I'll pick myself up from my space bootstraps and work my way up the space ladder!

Pretty soon I'll work my way of the chain 'o command and I'll be t-posing on the bridge!

taxxe-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Bumble He posted:

drat you anonymous fudsters comrades rock.
if i had any idrii i would gift one to each one of you.

o7

...and my axe baby capybara!

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!
"Degraded Performance" meaning "complete disruption of services" is such a CIG thing to say

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I love how even after spending over 2 bil for the station, it's still not a game package. You'd still have to buy a copy of the game...

Buy now! Only 0x80000000 dollars!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Mr Fronts posted:

Buy now! Only 0x80000000 dollars!

Signed value so CIG actually owes you $2,147,483,648 if you click purchase!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I wonder how many of the free fly players are rubbernecking tourists like ourselves hoping to reap the sweet :lol:s.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Trip report: I got into the game and spawned a ship and flew up to where the big event was supposed to be, a trip that took maybe 25 real-time minutes. There were no big ships there. I flew to close to the spawn area and the game immediately killed me and blew up my ship.

I spawned again and ran to the train and took the train to the spaceport and spawned another ship and took the elevator to the hangar and launched the ship and flew back to the event, another 25 minutes.

There were still no big ships there. Somebody in chat reported that there had been fireworks an hour ago and the big ships flew in. After waiting another 20 real minutes this event did not happen and I got bored of sitting around. Another user reported that there was an Idris that looked like "It had gotten stuck" sitting around a station on a different planet. I pointed my ship at that planet and tabbed out to write this trip report because the trip was going to take ~15 minutes.

When I tabbed back in the game crashed to desktop.

Rech
Dec 26, 2011

Heard there was some free fly event available so I thought I'd finally check this game out. Apparently the only thing I can do is spawn in an empty hangar and run in circles. One of them has plus signs stuck in the floor that are missing items maybe.

That's it. There's nothing else to do. Amazing.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I got into the single player mode pirate fight and it was an incomprehensible uncontrollable slideshow, I crashed into a rock and watched a computer players ship disassemble and reassemble itself multiple times while waiting to respawn then got bored of waiting it owned

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey my download finally finished! Let's finally get into this game.

Oh...

Apparently when they say your download is finished what they really mean is you still have some more poo poo to download.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Oh my god it's full of stares

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I have decently fast internet and this download is taking forever. It seems the DOWNLOAD MANIFEST files which are relatively small (~100MB or so) take the bulk of time. The GB of assets goes pretty quick.

Well waiting I decided to poke around to see how others Free Fly/Invictus/New Patch weekend was going and it appears, not good...

Like seriously this is a poo poo show, people stuck in an endless queue timeout, broken character creator, stuck in an empty hangar with nothing to actually do. If you happen to actually make it into a server proper you DC pretty quickly. Great first impression for all the new Citizens! Can hardly believe it only took 9 years to get this far.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Foo Diddley posted:

Now imagine if you paid several thousand dollars for this garbage

Imagine watching a mushed-mouth guy in a black turtleneck flailing his arms around and thinking, "I should give this man some non-zero amount of money."

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Gave this another go and was able to create my character this time and see 100% of both hangars finally, A++. I guess I'll be trying this again when/if we get access to the actual game.

The Super-Id fucked around with this message at 08:23 on May 23, 2020

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

How the gently caress did the Crobber beat Skadden?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Then again SA gave a racist hot dog man $14,000 so :shrug:

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

How the gently caress did the Crobber beat Skadden?

Its speculated that the discovery into SQ42 showed that there wasn't anything close to a game being produced. Since Crytek's suit hinged on CI(G) developing a second game...well.

Rech
Dec 26, 2011

Since the universe seemed to consist out of 2 empty hangars, I decided to try the other games modes.

Star Marine promised me intense FPS action so I tried that next. The game had generously gifted me a bunch of weapons and armor I could use to build my loadouts. I picked a LMG and decided it was time for some action!

After sitting in that screen for several minutes I gave up only to find out the cancel button doesnt work. Had to open task manager to kill the game. Restarted the game and tried again only to get the same result. Oh well, didnt feel like playing a FPS shooter anyway.

Maybe Arena Commander will work? Immediately I was presented with the option of renting ships. Maybe this is where new players get to try different ships without having to pay real money for them?

Seems like it. Unfortunately I have 0 credits.

Poked around the menus some more and I found it! Free flight!

Is this finally it? Do I get to fly a ship now?

NOPE! (cancel button doesnt work here either)

Eventually I found the single player mode for Arena Commander and I managed to spawn in a ship. Flew through a glowing beam and exploded. After respawning and flying around a bit I decided to try landing on the planet. I collided with a wall in space and the front of my ship fell off.

Not a great experience for a new player.

Rech fucked around with this message at 08:41 on May 23, 2020

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen is good and you're all just a bunch of haters with computers from the year 1990, imo.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rech posted:

Since the universe seemed to consist out of 2 empty hangars, I decided to try the other games modes.

Star Marine promised me intense FPS action so I tried that next. The game had generously gifted me a bunch of weapons and armor I could use to build my loadouts. I picked a LMG and decided it was time for some action!

After sitting in that screen for several minutes I gave up only to find out the cancel button doesnt work. Had to open task manager to kill the game. Restarted the game and tried again only to get the same result. Oh well, didnt feel like playing a FPS shooter anyway.

Maybe Arena Commander will work? Immediately I was presented with the option of renting ships. Maybe this is where new players get to try different ships without having to pay real money for them?

Seems like it. Unfortunately I have 0 credits.

Poked around the menus some more and I found it! Free flight!

Is this finally it? Do I get to fly a ship now?

NOPE! (cancel button doesnt work here either)

Eventually I found the single player mode for Arena Commander and I managed to spawn in a ship. Flew through a glowing beam and exploded. After respawning and flying around a bit I decided to try landing on the planet. I collided with a wall in space and the front of my ship fell off.

Not a great experience for a new player.

I did the same, and spent six minutes waiting for the mode to load in before crashing into an asteroid at 3fps. then I went away for an hour and when I came back it was up to an almost playable 20fps, but when I respawned i got obliterated by missiles in ten seconds and then the game crashed.

I'm honestly wanting to find something fun and playable in here, like it's entertaining to bag on it but I'm all about having a decent space pew pew game. SC is not making it easy.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

sebmojo posted:

I did the same, and spent six minutes waiting for the mode to load in before crashing into an asteroid at 3fps. then I went away for an hour and when I came back it was up to an almost playable 20fps, but when I respawned i got obliterated by missiles in ten seconds and then the game crashed.

I'm honestly wanting to find something fun and playable in here, like it's entertaining to bag on it but I'm all about having a decent space pew pew game. SC is not making it easy.

Don't be a content locus!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So, i took a look at the funding tracker and saw what i expected to see.

After a day of the servers melting and CIG unable to deliver a working envronment for the free fly, pledging has gone through the roof.

This is a perfectly normal thing to happen in a sane world.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Pixelate posted:

Marketing production is bang on schedule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtXSxvDejIg

FFS, been backing since 2013 and something about seeing the Ballista rolling down the Idris to the Lightning' roar out the Javelin brought a lump to the throat.

What a ride its been, really starting to see glimpses of what this game may eventually become.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Christ even the old hangar module doesn't work. This game is amazing.

Star Citizen: I had 2 freelancers but neither one did anything

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MedicineHut posted:

FFS, been backing since 2013 and something about seeing the Ballista rolling down the Idris to the Lightning' roar out the Javelin brought a lump to the throat.

What a ride its been, really starting to see glimpses of what this game may eventually become.

I like how they have the backer stand in at the end flying his toy ships around making peepew mouth noises and imagining how cool it would be if they existed

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hot from the content mines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJCotaRIx1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jbRWM7FjO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cqUJY70ncU

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 11:00 on May 23, 2020

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

2 and 3 are unavailable for me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dooguk posted:

Same but lol at the first one.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
WORM WAS NOT A JOKE

https://twitter.com/pourmecoffee/status/1264028924696244224

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dooguk posted:

should work now!

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Sarsapariller posted:

CIG is such a proto-fash company that I can no longer tell if these videos are even slightly ironic.

Chris Roberts seems like the sort of person who watches Starship Troopers and doesn't think it a satire.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

bbchops posted:

Chris Roberts seems like the sort of person who watches Starship Troopers and doesn't think it a satire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEOFrCtSZM8

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Amazon must be really pleased that Star Citizen is showcasing it's AWS service.

zebedy
Feb 25, 2006
well?

The Titanic posted:

So I ran it in windowed more, this let me finish character creation. It was terrible and confusing. None of the hair felt like it was for a girl, so I ended up with my butch dyke character.

Gameplay:

I could go to 2 hangars.

Ok.

I went to one hangar. It was empty. I had purple things on my arms when I used the menu, which made no sense and had no functionality except a heart rate thing.

Purple things:

Ok. Camera gives me a great rear end shot. Can't see my character regardless because she's wearing a helmet. No way to remove it.

Nothing to do. There was no terminal my menu says I had 2 freelancers somehow, but neither one did anything. Nothing showed up in the hangar.

Second hangar, I decided to see if I could do that "run until you die" thing so I ran and jumped and only this happened, did not die:

There was an elevator. I went up. The button on the screen was sticking out of the screen so it was kind of weird.

I jumped off the second story but took no fall damage apparently.

I figured out how to send somebody who was somehow a friend to me a message. The direct message was then glued to my main play screen and never went away.

I could do nothing else. Super fun and worth the download. 12/5 stars, would recommend to anybody looking to get hosed.

Also, I quit out, and figured I'd try again to see if the other location menu (which i could select the text on like some kind of HTML webpage for some reason) would populate with additional locations.

I was back at the character creator. And again, it did not work. So I could not get back to the other menu to see if I could go anywhere else.

And that's what it's like. :shrug:

I'll take this one guys:

you don't comprehend game creation

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Btw I've found out that the reason no-one could access a space port is that they've been turned off for freeplay randos until 1300 utc (1.5 hours from now). Why this couldn't have been made clear to users is, itself, unclear. Possibly bc alpha idk

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

sebmojo posted:

should work now!

Thank you. I think...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Btw I've found out that the reason no-one could access a space port is that they've been turned off for freeplay randos until 1300 utc (1.5 hours from now). Why this couldn't have been made clear to users is, itself, unclear. Possibly bc alpha idk

They have a history of open communication so you probably just missed it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Popete posted:

I have decently fast internet and this download is taking forever. It seems the DOWNLOAD MANIFEST files which are relatively small (~100MB or so) take the bulk of time. The GB of assets goes pretty quick.

Yeah, the installer is some hot action. Phase 2 of the install or whatever speeds were all over the place. Only 80,000 more files to go.

I will say I was amazed I was able to login this far on my original account since I'm a refunder.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Thoatse posted:

...and my axe baby capybara!

Very good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Agony Aunt posted:

So, i took a look at the funding tracker and saw what i expected to see.

After a day of the servers melting and CIG unable to deliver a working envronment for the free fly, pledging has gone through the roof.

This is a perfectly normal thing to happen in a sane world.

The server queue meltdown is surely a sign of massive unprecedented demand from literally millions of excited new subscribers. PC gaming is saved!