Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

They're really gonna make me play Warzone huh :negative:

Good opportunity to join up with some goons I guess. Been meaning to try it out but I've been enjoying core MP too much. Every BR game I've tried I've bounced off of hard but this one looks a bit more my speed since I mostly don't like the building / spending a bunch of time picking poo poo up off the ground aspect of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

Weird place I found that's easy to pick them up is pre-match BR warmup rounds. A lot of people are very obvoisly AFK during that and ripe for fatality'ing. The only real risk is someone interrupting your finisher.

I don't think warmup executions count, or at least folks have posted in this thread they don't.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

I don't think warmup executions count, or at least folks have posted in this thread they don't.

Pretty sure the warmups don’t have downs, players just die. Usually when there’s a challenge and I have to do a finisher I’ll just try following somebody dropping directly behind somebody on Warzone and try to pistol them.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Action Serious posted:

Pretty sure the warmups don’t have downs, players just die. Usually when there’s a challenge and I have to do a finisher I’ll just try following somebody dropping directly behind somebody on Warzone and try to pistol them.

Finishers can be done on standing players - bonus if you do them during the actual game you get a full kill and they completely skip the down.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Got nuked on a ground war map lol. This mode could be so cool if it wasn't literally 100% snipers.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
HDR with all range attachments in Ground War is hilarious. Just put the reticle on a player's head 400m away and pluck.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'm pretty sure they don't but it's been awhile since I've had to do one.

IMO the simplest is to just go into GW with ghost / dead silence / tune up and scout the edges of the map.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

They're really gonna make me play Warzone huh :negative:

Good opportunity to join up with some goons I guess. Been meaning to try it out but I've been enjoying core MP too much. Every BR game I've tried I've bounced off of hard but this one looks a bit more my speed since I mostly don't like the building / spending a bunch of time picking poo poo up off the ground aspect of them.

I couldn’t even imagine playing a normal multiplayer game of CoD again after playing warzone. It’s painfully unfun once you realize you can be playing the same game on a map that isn’t 100’ by 100’ with 3 lanes to move down.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

RCarr posted:

I couldn’t even imagine playing a normal multiplayer game of CoD again after playing warzone. It’s painfully unfun once you realize you can be playing the same game on a map that isn’t 100’ by 100’ with 3 lanes to move down.

Core is still cool and good

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Alternately it's fun to shoot people instead of running around for 5 minutes between encounters that are 99% determined by who sees who first

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah I play CoD exclusively to shoot dudes, downtime is of no interest to me whatsoever, which is why Warzone has been a hard sell for me so far. I'm just enjoying the frantic pace and close range combat - all the snipers and pixel peeping poo poo is the exact opposite of fun to me.

Crustashio posted:

I'm pretty sure they don't but it's been awhile since I've had to do one.

IMO the simplest is to just go into GW with ghost / dead silence / tune up and scout the edges of the map.

I thought this too but it turns out they can just hang out and snipe in their restricted area that you die in 5 seconds upon entering! This fuckin sucks.

Also your squad mates that you are forced to join can spawn on top of you and light up the dude you are trying to sneak up on lol.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 23, 2020

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Whats the best way to group up with some ps4 goons for warzone? Discord?

I just got my first solo win in BR, but really plunder/bloodmoney is my favorite and that is better with a team obviously

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

he'll ya

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1264084241551437826

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Owlbear Camus posted:

Weird place I found that's easy to pick them up is pre-match BR warmup rounds. A lot of people are very obvoisly AFK during that and ripe for fatality'ing. The only real risk is someone interrupting your finisher.

I'm not AFK I'm laser focused on dropping a body and ignore my surroundings.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Got nuked on a ground war map lol. This mode could be so cool if it wasn't literally 100% snipers.

that is how like 40% of all ground war games end

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

vivisectvnv posted:

that is how like 40% of all ground war games end

I love the idea of large-scale CoD but lol every game is just a bunch of loving wookies going 65-5 hiding in their spawn that you literally can't step foot inside, making them 100% invincible except against other snipers. What a stupid decision.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I love the idea of large-scale CoD but lol every game is just a bunch of loving wookies going 65-5 hiding in their spawn that you literally can't step foot inside, making them 100% invincible except against other snipers. What a stupid decision.

New mode: Cranked War. And to count a kill has to be made with you at least 20 meters from your last position. And every time your collar goes off your re-spawn timer goes up.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

you could take the plane to the end of the flight path and kill the afkers, there's usually 4+ of them, you might have to fight someone for the privilege of those kills though

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Owlbear Camus posted:

New mode: Cranked War. And to count a kill has to be made with you at least 20 meters from your last position. And every time your collar goes off your re-spawn timer goes up.

Cranked Confirmed War.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Me and a friend really enjoy playing plunder/blood money, it has all the good poo poo of regular warzone but without the gulag/buy back if you don’t feel like it. Hunting down other players for cash is quite fun. Needs to be trios though, quads usually devolve into two pairs just doing their own things.

Also I discovered the ideal counter to a shield guy is throw a thermite at him, it rules. Often you’ll get a double kill if he had a buddy also hiding behind him!

Oh and if you are trying to do a finisher (Riley the dog) on a downed player you have to get around behind them or else it doesn’t work I found.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I've grown to like Aisle 9 now that im trying that shotgun unlock challhenge. The 3 v 3 thing is really fun, because it means that you dont get shot in the back all the time and the fights are more even.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Base snipers shouldn't really be anything more than a minor irritance on most ground war maps because they're contributing gently caress all to the flow of the game, don't have sightlines into many flags and they're easily mopped up by any killstreaks that get sent their way. Especially since they totally kneecapped the pointman/launcher path to juggernaut which actively encouraged ground war spawn camping.

Port I guess can be lovely for this but there's also strong countersniping positions for both spawns

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Butterfly Valley posted:

Base snipers shouldn't really be anything more than a minor irritance on most ground war maps because they're contributing gently caress all to the flow of the game, don't have sightlines into many flags and they're easily mopped up by any killstreaks that get sent their way. Especially since they totally kneecapped the pointman/launcher path to juggernaut which actively encouraged ground war spawn camping.

Port I guess can be lovely for this but there's also strong countersniping positions for both spawns

The last two games I played ended with a sniper going 143-12 and 72-1 lol. Almost half of the games end because a sniper got a tac nuke.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Also for finishing moves, the tracking has always been super janky on them and I've had loads track for me when I've been running around on shipment with a combat knife just normally stabbing enemies.

But again I was the same as you in the first couple months of playing and thought they were an insurmountable challenge but you just have to tweak your playstyle a bit and you'll get a lot more. Always be flanking and instead of leading with your gun, run in for the finishing move. People get tunnel vision when they're camping windows or corners or whatever and can be easy to pick off.

And beyond that you can be cheaper and just hide around corners/behind doors waiting for people to come through them and grabbing them from behind when they do.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

The last two games I played ended with a sniper going 143-12 and 72-1 lol. Almost half of the games end because a sniper got a tac nuke.

Which maps because I've never seen this happen, except when the exploits were still there for people to glitch under the map? With scores like that it's like people were throwing themselves at the spawns like sacrificial lambs, how they didn't eat a cruise missile or enrage a counter sniper enough to make revenge their mission I don't know.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Butterfly Valley posted:

Which maps because I've never seen this happen, except when the exploits were still there for people to glitch under the map? With scores like that it's like people were throwing themselves at the spawns like sacrificial lambs, how they didn't eat a cruise missile or enrage a counter sniper enough to make revenge their mission I don't know.

Both times it was the map with the plane graveyard, I forget the name but there's a multi-story building with a clear sight line of drat near the entire right half of the map. Pretty much every game of Ground War ends with multiple people with a K/D above 5.0 that were just sitting back farming killstreaks in their spawn.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Farmland is great for snipers. That’s the one map I’ll always back out on for ground war because gently caress that.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Groundwar sounds like you should have a group for it. Havemt Gotten around to it yet.

I've been aplreciating core for the console lobbies. Its clubbing seals easy.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

VaultAggie posted:

Farmland is great for snipers. That’s the one map I’ll always back out on for ground war because gently caress that.

Play Farmland as GTA:MW and it becomes the most fun groundwar map bar none, seriously. Get yourself a jeep or a truck and you can travel up either side of the map with impunity then loop around to drive back down the opposite side and splat any snipers hiding in the trees, preferably while laying on your horn. In the Jeeps you can even weave in and out of the middle three flags running people over and dodging rockets quite effectively. Snipers poo poo themselves when they see a giant truck hooning towards them, it's great.

Both times it was the map with the plane graveyard, I forget the name but there's a multi-story building with a clear sight line of drat near the entire right half of the map. Pretty much every game of Ground War ends with multiple people with a K/D above 5.0 that were just sitting back farming killstreaks in their spawn.

Ok Boneyard can suck for that, it's my least favourite GW map and I usually quit it. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever played a round of that where I've started on that side of the map, which is really weird. I have no memory of spawning on that side or what that sniper building looks like up close.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Groundwar sounds like you should have a group for it. Havemt Gotten around to it yet.

I've been aplreciating core for the console lobbies. Its clubbing seals easy.

Nah even with a group it’s complete poo poo. Easily the worst game mode they’ve done in the series so far.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Anybody up for some warzone?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Ground war is pretty awful, I’m not sure what they’d have to change in order to make it fun. It’s just so punishing to take points, so everyone just camps. The maps could also use some work, but ultimately you have to realize a series like Battlefield didn’t have to balance for kill streaks.

I wonder if it would be more fun if you had Warzone health pools.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is there some sort of lame tactic people use to survive in the gas?
We were stuck in the tiny circle in the middle of a carpark until it went to literally nothing. Started suffocating and it said there were 2 other guys somewhere. We managed to win because a tiny gap reappeared but no idea where they were and had been in the gas for way longer than a mask can deal with.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Bape Culture posted:

Is there some sort of lame tactic people use to survive in the gas?
We were stuck in the tiny circle in the middle of a carpark until it went to literally nothing. Started suffocating and it said there were 2 other guys somewhere. We managed to win because a tiny gap reappeared but no idea where they were and had been in the gas for way longer than a mask can deal with.

You can keep buying masks at a buy station, but usually if you really want to do that you dump all of your cash on one guy.

There is also some sort of bug that can make you immune to the gas when you’re revived. Who knows if it’s been fixed though.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Won a game against a guy who was just silently camping on top of a building and trying to wait out the gas as it closed on him. It would have worked but we had masks and the building had pretty easy roof access. I've had gas wins before and they're just not very satisfying. A while back I won one while the circle was still pretty large because a bunch of people got stuck on the wrong side of a wall. They ended up killing each other and the remaining people got killed by the gas as they tried to get clear. It was just kinda like "oh... i guess we won"

Also shout out to goons for absolutely killing it yesterday. Won 4 games, including 3 in a row.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/flOnC1L.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/CwEOAiB.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/q6FdgyG.gifv

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

lmao the other guy must have been like wow

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jebus and I just pulled off the bunker 11 Easter egg and got the MP7s in a game of plunder. We got really lucky and we did the whole thing pretty much uncontested until after we were in the bunker camping to end the game with the guns.

Tried it a few more times after with more people but we kept loving up at listening the 3 numbers. Russian is hard to understand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Jebus and I just pulled off the bunker 11 Easter egg and got the MP7s in a game of plunder. We got really lucky and we did the whole thing pretty much uncontested until after we were in the bunker camping to end the game with the guns.

Tried it a few more times after with more people but we kept loving up at listening the 3 numbers. Russian is hard to understand!

Nice I’ve been trying all day but can’t get anyone who cooperated or has a mic lol