Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

punk rebel ecks posted:

I only have an arcade stick for PC.

Plug it in the USB port of your switch and see what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Annath posted:

Just bought Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and have a couple of questions:

1. Does it matter which story I play first? A quick Google search seems to imply that the Hacker's Memory has more/updated content? Because it's a later release?

2. Does this Complete Edition come with the DLC for the games? I don't see any option to buy DLC from the eShop.

1. Hacker's Memory is second..technically it takes place during the first game but relies on you knowing that game, if that makes sense.

2. I think so yeah

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Somehow I feel like Resetti would show up and yell at you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Annath posted:

Just bought Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and have a couple of questions:

1. Does it matter which story I play first? A quick Google search seems to imply that the Hacker's Memory has more/updated content? Because it's a later release?

2. Does this Complete Edition come with the DLC for the games? I don't see any option to buy DLC from the eShop.

Hackers Memory is literally a sequel and one in which you will have no idea who anyone is or what is going on if you haven't played Cyber Sleuth first. No idea on DLC but I assume it's all included.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

PantsBandit posted:

I think one thing that really bothers me about Animal Crossing is how villagers have to comment on you being missing when you haven't logged on for a few days. I still like to play it but I want to just be able to chat with my villagers without having to go through every single one of them bitching me out because I don't turn the game on every single goddamn day.

Streets of Rage 4 owns hard and I've had zero trouble getting online matches. That said, I have had some degree of lag in every online game I've played so it's not perfect.

This annoys me too. Like jeez guys I have limited time to play games and sometimes I spend that with something else for a few days. Don’t have a cow.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

Should I buy Streets of Rade 4 on Steam or subscribe for Gamepass for a month?

Steam has that cool remote play thing so you could do four player matches (since that's local only). You're playing solo though right? In that case pop a month of Gamepass and play some other games while you're at it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

It was really nice when I tried plugging a keyboard in for MH3 on Wii, and it just worked.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
I already used a Nintendo Buck on getting DQXI, and now I'm incredibly torn between Animal Crossing or finally owning a Smash Bros. game. Can people arbitrarily make the decision for me?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SomeKindofVerb posted:

I already used a Nintendo Buck on getting DQXI, and now I'm incredibly torn between Animal Crossing or finally owning a Smash Bros. game. Can people arbitrarily make the decision for me?

Smash if you like punching, AC if you like Punchy.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

SomeKindofVerb posted:

I would argue that Smash Bros has more content but not by that much more. You could had not have chosen two games more different though, it depends on how and why you play games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SomeKindofVerb posted:

Get both.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
Honestly I'm confident I'll love whichever one I get, but I can't afford both. Maybe I'll just toss a coin...

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Nintendo please patch Animal Crossing so that if you also own Clubhouse Games you can play clubhouse games with people in Animal Crossiing

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Argue posted:

Nintendo please patch Animal Crossing so that if you also own Clubhouse Games you can play clubhouse games with people in Animal Crossiing

It would be a cool little throwback if you could get an NES and it would just launch the NES app while in AC.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

SomeKindofVerb posted:

Honestly I'm confident I'll love whichever one I get, but I can't afford both. Maybe I'll just toss a coin...

If you have local friends or online get Smash first. You can play it literally for hours a day if you so desire.

You could technically do the same with AC but it’s diminishing returns.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fly Ricky posted:

You could technically do the same with AC but it’s diminishing returns.

It matters on the friend. Playing AC with my gf almost every night since it came out has been some of the funnest gaming I’ve ever had. It’s been a godsend for our relationship since quarantines started.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I got Streets of Rage 4 and have played it all the way up to the last stage. It's a fun game. Though I'm not sure I'd say it's better than River City Girls. Being honest both are very different. River City Girls is sort of like the evolution of the beat-em-up to be more like an adventure game. Streets of Rage 4 is just more Streets of Rage but very polished. Personally I prefer River City Girls. I'm not sure why people say Streets of Rage 4's combat is deeper due to its limited moveset, but it definitely feels nice.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Is Xenoverse 2 any good? I think way back when I heard the series compared to Monster Hunter in a way, where you continually grind battles for loot to upgrade yourself? Is there a decent story mode or anything? For $10 on sale it's looking like it might be something fun to pick up and play while I'm stuck at home.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I got Streets of Rage 4 and have played it all the way up to the last stage. It's a fun game. Though I'm not sure I'd say it's better than River City Girls. Being honest both are very different. River City Girls is sort of like the evolution of the beat-em-up to be more like an adventure game. Streets of Rage 4 is just more Streets of Rage but very polished. Personally I prefer River City Girls. I'm not sure why people say Streets of Rage 4's combat is deeper due to its limited moveset, but it definitely feels nice.

It’s just game feel. It’s hard to explain but I like how you can juggle enemies like in a fighting game and how they bounce off the boundaries of the screen instead of having to wait for them to walk back on screen. Try playing the harder difficulties that’ll force you to massively combo enemies.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Geo Fixer posted:

I found the DK campaign to be better than the main game.

agreed, and the main game owned

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
like seriously mario + rabbids is good as all hell. man what a good game, what a great surprise in the middle of a great beginning year for the switch

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SomeKindofVerb posted:

Smash if you really like Fire Emblem sword characters instead of fun.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Why the golf is cute and funny and I like it personally

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The switch needs more SMT games

I’m on a huge jrpg kick (turns out being stuck at home for months mimics highschool summer vacation) and the switch would be a good place to replay nocturne, or play an actual new SMT game, or Persona royal on switch?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

SomeKindofVerb posted:

Smash is worth it if you really like the series or if you have a bunch of friends into gaming locally who post quarantine will spend time on your sofa playing games with you. Animal Crossing is worth it if you find the central gameplay fun/charming/zen rather than dull/repetitive.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I’m on a huge jrpg kick (turns out being stuck at home for months mimics highschool summer vacation) and the switch would be a good place to replay nocturne, or play an actual new SMT game, or Persona royal on switch?

Seriously, I beat FF6 and just got to Part 2 of FF7 and I'm really looking forward to FF8 once that's done.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Seriously, I beat FF6 and just got to Part 2 of FF7 and I'm really looking forward to FF8 once that's done.

I beat FF7 remake on Ps4 and wanted more FF so bad I went back finally finished the FF14 story a year after starting

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

They announced SMT5 for the switch literally three years ago and then didn't say a single thing about it after. I sure would like to hear something about it again.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I beat FF7 remake on Ps4 and wanted more FF so bad I went back finally finished the FF14 story a year after starting

I'll probably never do the MMO ones myself for lovely computer reasons, but I had never thought of playing 12 and now I'm really considering it. I like job systems and the automation portion sounds intriguing. If the story and characters are any good I'd be up for it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I am not good at Wonderful 101. When do you get the whip?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Does anyone know if the Borderlands games will be able to cross play with people on other platforms?

I'm currently playing BL2 on Steam with a friend, but my laptop is ancient, so the effects and resolution are low to get a good framerate. I'd much prefer to play it on Switch.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I am not good at Wonderful 101. When do you get the whip?

Pretty early on, I think it's the fourth weapon you get right after hand, sword and gun.

W101 has an even steeper learning curve than most Platinum games, I would suggest playing on Easy the first time around.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Does anyone know if the Borderlands games will be able to cross play with people on other platforms?

I'm currently playing BL2 on Steam with a friend, but my laptop is ancient, so the effects and resolution are low to get a good framerate. I'd much prefer to play it on Switch.
None of the other games in the series have ever had any form of crossplay so I wouldn't count on it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty early on, I think it's the fourth weapon you get right after hand, sword and gun.

W101 has an even steeper learning curve than most Platinum games, I would suggest playing on Easy the first time around.

Usually in Platinum games when you okay on easier difficulty to get a lot less currency, so you unlock skills a lot slower. Is that the case here?

Oh yeah also is it 2-1?

I saw wonderful pinks intro in gameplay footage and that will be embarrassing to play in front of my wife

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 23, 2020

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'll probably never do the MMO ones myself for lovely computer reasons, but I had never thought of playing 12 and now I'm really considering it. I like job systems and the automation portion sounds intriguing. If the story and characters are any good I'd be up for it.

10 and 12 are my favorites FFs. If you're interested in 12, get it imo.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Pretty good posted:

None of the other games in the series have ever had any form of crossplay so I wouldn't count on it

Oh, right. Weird, I thought they had but now I have no idea why I thought that.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I saw wonderful pinks intro in gameplay footage and that will be embarrassing to play in front of my wife

Your wife ain't into Castlevania references?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I've never played animal crossing before new horizons and now I've got several hundred hours in it. I'm usually more into shooters, i bought an xbone just to play apex. But I'm currently WFH on a huge project and if i was trying to play other games, i don't think I'd get that much done.

I saw mention of villagers saying they miss you, but most modern games have dailies of a sort you have to do to 'optimize' your experience. I don't think you even have to talk to anyone, just log in, in AC.

I see animal crossing as a video game bonsai tree, some times you're all into terraforming everything, other days I'm doing the bare minimum like ordering parts in my quest to corner the box sofa market.

If you're like me usually and need something engaging mechanically, animal crossing isn't gonna be for you.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 23, 2020

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Do you like anime Star Wars? If so then you will like FFXII.

Sorry for spoiling the characters and plot.

(I really enjoyed my time of almost-constant 4x fast-forward.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Commissar Ken posted:

Your wife ain't into Castlevania references?

What's the part in Castlevania where the camera keeps lovingly panning over him sticking his rear end out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYokPYbKVsE