Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
ONE JOKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Peanut Butler posted:

tipping is bad and has its origins in post-civil war methods of making sure black people didn't get paid as much, if at all

Post civil-war places like... 17th century London. Hell, even the word “tip” in the sense of giving a gratuity to is traced back to the 1750’s.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Post civil-war places like... 17th century London. Hell, even the word “tip” in the sense of giving a gratuity to is traced back to the 1750’s.

Are you really trying to argue that anything outside of the US really exists or matters? Everything bad originated here and was made up by people here, there is no reason for literally any kind of historical perspective that goes beyond its borders.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

This is my mom. I don't think she's an idiot but i found it funny she said "okay boomer" separate from the meme. I doubt she is aware of the meme version.
Edit also BOMMERS

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The "my body, my choice" crowd cracks me up. The absolutely don't give a poo poo about that stance if it goes the other way and infringes on someone else's rights

I had to take a step away from Facebook during this because while I keep mine an echo chamber of people that mostly mirror my opinions my friends do not and I couldn't stop wading into the comments to shitpost.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Also, lol at the context for the tweet:

https://twitter.com/Deranfan/status/1263900187346505728

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

I hate that I knew exactly from a single glance what that context is.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't recognise it but I assume it's from a Heated Gamer Moment™?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Veotax posted:

I don't recognise it but I assume it's from a Heated Gamer Moment™?

From the Heated Gaming Moment.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Idgi, is the gate across that bridge?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Elviscat posted:

It’s a screencap from the clip where pewdiepie yelled a racial slur at a player that killed him, then in his weird half-apology called it a “heated gaming moment”. I hate that I recognize it.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

I’m sad and pathetic in completely different ways, but always looking to diversify. So what is the moment about?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As noted, it's when pewdiepie, the biggest youtuber, said the gamer word on a live stream.

Which incidentally is my new favourite alternative to "the n-word"

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It’s a screencap from the clip where pewdiepie yelled a racial slur at a player that killed him, then in his weird half-apology called it a “heated gaming moment”. I hate that I recognize it.

"heated gaming moment" came from ant man, not pewdiepie himself

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/906941519780732928

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

lol I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a zoom wedding this afternoon. It's not the end of the world. These people are such babies.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Cleretic posted:

Okay, I need to recommend that people click through on this one, because there's some gold below the fold here, and it isn't anything like what you expect.

holy poo poo it's not giving them photography or catering services 'for exposure' or even giving them a venue for exposure. They want people to be armed guards for exposure.

They'll get exposure to something, that's for sure.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cleretic posted:

Okay, I need to recommend that people click through on this one, because there's some gold below the fold here, and it isn't anything like what you expect.

holy poo poo it's not giving them photography or catering services 'for exposure' or even giving them a venue for exposure. They want people to be armed guards for exposure.

Armed guards explicitly to fight the police for exposure. Because some free booze is worth heavy criminal charges, I guess?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Elviscat posted:

:golfclap:

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Our next gamer candidate will win in a landslide.

InediblePenguin posted:

Cow's milk is worse for the environment than almond milk; it uses significantly more water and produces significantly more greenhouse gases etc. When you're comparing almond milk to other non-cow milks (like the post you quoted which compared it to oat milk) it's more complicated. Info: https://blog.datawrapper.de/cow-milk-and-vegan-milk-alternatives/

Shut up, hippie! Haha gotcha. God, why do you vegans always gotta shove your supple veganism down our wet throats?

MageMage has a new favorite as of 18:53 on May 23, 2020

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

MageMage posted:

Our next gamer candidate will win in a landslide.

Once we finally elect an oppressed minority to office, the wounds can begin to heal.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

The "my body, my choice" crowd cracks me up. The absolutely don't give a poo poo about that stance if it goes the other way and infringes on someone else's rights
I'm sure they're all pro-choice when it comes to abortion and not at all hypocrites.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Qanon/Pizzagate Twitter has found a 2006 tweet from @Jack where he says that he’s reading The Satanic Verses. Apparently none of these people know about the famous, award-winning novel by Salman Rushdie and think that he was reading actual Satanic scripture. Someone linked to the Wikipedia article for The Satanic Verses and the response was just “you trust Wikipedia as a source, sheep?” when the point is just to say that this book exists.

This is all happening because of Jack’s tweet from yesterday. I hardly need to explain what the replies are like.

https://twitter.com/jack/status/1263921211236511744?s=21

Here’s a particularly interesting Qanon image from the replies, in case you wanted to know how Aziz Ansari, the Powerpuff Girls, and Chipotle are connected to the globalist pedo cabal:

Kevin DuBrow has a new favorite as of 20:52 on May 23, 2020

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Qanon/Pizzagate Twitter has found a 2006 tweet from @Jack where he says that he’s reading The Satanic Verses. Apparently none of these people know about the famous, award-winning novel by Salman Rushdie and think that he was reading actual Satanic scripture. Someone linked to the Wikipedia article for The Satanic Verses and the response was just “you trust Wikipedia as a source, sheep?” when the point is just to say that this book exists.

This is all happening because of Jack’s tweet from yesterday. I hardly need to explain what the replies are like.

At least they aimed their idiot sights onto a fellow piece of poo poo this time.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Peanut Butler posted:

tipping is bad and has its origins in post-civil war methods of making sure black people didn't get paid as much, if at all

Tipped labor as explicitly codified into wage laws as a way for employers to pay employees less than minimum wage is distinct from tipping as a concept.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Here’s a particularly interesting Qanon image from the replies, in case you wanted to know how Aziz Ansari, the Powerpuff Girls, and Chipotle are connected to the globalist pedo cabal:

Jack is definitely raping kids at a global scale, though

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dixville posted:

This is my mom. I don't think she's an idiot but i found it funny she said "okay boomer" separate from the meme. I doubt she is aware of the meme version.
Edit also BOMMERS
The other day my mom texted me "R U up?" in the middle of the night. It was horrifying.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

“Look at our glorious achievements before modernist architecture!”

*posts the textbook example of modernist architecture*

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Are you really trying to argue that anything outside of the US really exists or matters? Everything bad originated here and was made up by people here, there is no reason for literally any kind of historical perspective that goes beyond its borders.

This except “everything good”

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Knormal posted:

The other day my mom texted me "R U up?" in the middle of the night. It was horrifying.

Are you me at 6am on a Saturday?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/hannahgais/status/1264301712925511680?s=21

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/colynelliott/status/1263996172244582407?s=21

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Idiots on Social Media: Here comes fruit Twitter

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

green

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Purple!

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Actually love greenguy, hope he isn't a Nazi.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Rules change... Caught up in committee.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

There was something about this I liked a lot. I think it's the fact that people were so incredibly stupid everywhere without being huge gigantic political assholes about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/TheEpicDept/status/1264226250341658624?s=19