Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Broken Cog posted:

Are there any unique HE landmarks outside of Ulthuan other than the stuff in Imrik's starting province?

I believe the wood elf town in the empire has something for dark elves and high elves.

Also a lot of dark elf cities have one for high elves.

You can check honga for a full list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Zzulu posted:

My next experiment is a ton of goblin archers WITH EXPLODING AMMUNITION :getin:

Heres a hint: it loving rules.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
My first campaign i ended up taking brettonia but i don't think i'll bother this time. Just raze it all to the ground and let the vamps take it over.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

dogstile posted:

My first campaign i ended up taking brettonia but i don't think i'll bother this time. Just raze it all to the ground and let the vamps take it over.

Yeah I'm wishing I'd done that. It's kind of taking care of itself, no one is attacking me but the provinces are very unproductive for Grom. Finally turned the tide with my invasion of Ulthuan but it was costly, all the goblins I'd had from the start of the game eventually died.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Its mostly having to deal with the 50 elf stacks that come at your at the expense of everything else (half of Ulthuan was taken over by dark elves by the time i got over there). I didn't actually have enough army's and funds to continue fighting off all of them. Gave it all up and just speedrun the rest of the campaign.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I think, realistically I can't win this battle, but, for the sake of discussion.

Sigmar's Sons, the Carroburg Greatswords and the Altdorf Company of Honor are unbreakable, so I can make a firm line. So then there's the great cannon, no cavalry to snipe it, I can try to bombard it with the mortar, or put the Deathjacks up close and try to get an early snipe.

With only 1 unit of Crossbowmen, if mine can take out his Outriders, and I can kill that Great Cannon, I can establish ranged superiority, but the terrain doesn't really have any optimal holding points. so even without that, it's a question of how do I hold the enemy in place.

Thoughts, ideas, even if I can't win, the goal is to bloody there nose enough.

EDIT: unit cards for the modded in units.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the cannon is whatever as it's direct firing. ignore it, it'll end the battle with 23 kills.

the biggest threat is the reik cav. duel their general (and try to get a unit to mob him too) to demoralize, have your garrison do their frontline thing then swarm around the sides with your renowns to stab dudes in the back. murder them before the cav do their horse related thing too much.

the battle will end up with your beat up army trying to chase down outriders and maybe reforming reik cav.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Chocobo posted:

So I beat a legendary Vortex campaign with Good King Gobby-Gob and didn't get any achievements. Guess they didn't port over Greenskin achievements to Vortex? I am empty inside.

You can use Steam Achievement Manager (created by SA user Gibbed) to unlock it yourself. I ended up doing that for a Beastman campaign that didn't give me the achievements for whatever reason.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gamerofthegame posted:

the cannon is whatever as it's direct firing. ignore it, it'll end the battle with 23 kills.

the biggest threat is the reik cav. duel their general (and try to get a unit to mob him too) to demoralize, have your garrison do their frontline thing then swarm around the sides with your renowns to stab dudes in the back. murder them before the cav do their horse related thing too much.

the battle will end up with your beat up army trying to chase down outriders and maybe reforming reik cav.
You were correct that it was the cavalry I had to fear.

That said, the Cannon also did work on me.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Here is wuurzags waaagh... skarsnik.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Third World Reagan posted:

I believe the wood elf town in the empire has something for dark elves and high elves.

Also a lot of dark elf cities have one for high elves.

You can check honga for a full list.

As far as I know most of the dark elf stuff is just (occupied) <Dark elf building name>, so I don't really count them, they give the exact same bonuses but with the bonus to certain troops switched around afaik.
Hadn't heard about the wood elf town thing though, gotta check it out.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Black Orcs seem...really loving good. They don't break for poo poo and will mulch anything armored. In my current Chaos campaign that's a bit of a bear to deal with.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
The scrap mechanic is either bugged, or I'm missing something.

The menu shows 2 upgrade options. After I select one, it then shows a third option (in this case Immertulz Armour) that's unselectable because unit can only get one upgrade.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Decided to play an Imrik campaign, and I want to lose just to watch this smarmy gently caress die repeatedly. Bravo to CA and the voice actor, I hate him.

prophet45
Aug 26, 2008
Holy gently caress, Groms ulthuan d-day is insane.
Every single high elf faction except Alith and Imrik (who suffered a series of chariot accidents early on) has multiple stacks running around eataine and southern yvresse.
I have consistently been murdering two or three stacks there with grom and a second army for some fifteen turns now, and they just keep showing up.

Oh well, more pointies to the stew.

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010
Well, 600 hours in this game and Groom's is the second campaign I've finished. The battle of Tor Yvresse was maybe a tad easy but I love that I could take goblins and goblin archers to the final showdown.

I ended up getting to Ulthuan, dropping a Waagh on Tyrion's faction. I shipped my other armies up then raised three more to play Elven whack-a-mole. My buddies Settra and Numas shipped up a bunch of armies to help me out, too

The worst bit was having to travel all the way up north to finish off Yvresse at the palace of princes

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Well, that's a new one, tried out Wurzhag and started a WAAAGH against Queek. His first action afterwards it sending a plague rite priest at me and plaguing the town I just captured. Wurzhag doesn't catch it, no problem, I can manage.

It then spreads to his next city on the way to his capitol.

And the next one.

Testing out, just fighting one of the cities with plague is enough to catch it, even if you just sack it. My options are now to beeline down there and completely isolate Wurzhag there for ages or eat the plague and HOPE it actually reaches his capitol and wrecks the garrison as badly as it does me.

I did not expect Queek to literally Scorched Earth me, but it also seems extremely in character.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Are you meant to be able to stack waaagh trophies? It sounded like you should be able to but I WAAAGH'ed Imrik because he's a prick, got a big pointy ears trophy, and then later on WAAAGH'ed Settra because may as well own the entire continent, and it replaced my trophy (admitedly, with a BIGGEST TOMB KING one which is pretty strong).

Also, thanks Queek for dropping a plague on Krog-gar and Tlawhatever so I could swoop in and take all of their cities from their nearly dead hands. :allears:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Not getting the traits for legendary lords you capture as Eltharion sucks.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

THE VAMPIRE TIDE IS SO REAL

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Groms campaign rules and his cauldron mechanic rules and super saiyan goblins rule

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Falcorum posted:

Are you meant to be able to stack waaagh trophies? It sounded like you should be able to but I WAAAGH'ed Imrik because he's a prick, got a big pointy ears trophy, and then later on WAAAGH'ed Settra because may as well own the entire continent, and it replaced my trophy (admitedly, with a BIGGEST TOMB KING one which is pretty strong).

No, they don't stack, just one at a time. They are already crazy strong, having multiple in effect would be nuts. The biggest lizard trophy gives universal 15% physical resist on every single unit! As well as +6 lord recruit rank and +4 unit recruit rank. Combined with other buffs, I was literally getting every unit with maxed 3 gold chevron immediately.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I upgraded all my Skulkers with the Perfect Vigor flasks, and sieges are now hilariously easy. I just vanguard deploy them, then rush the walls. Perfect Vigor means no penalties for using ladders. Then they usually tear up anything on the wall because they're all out of position.

Meanwhile, Grom and the Hag beat down one gate and my trolls and pump wagons beat down another.

The multiple projectile archers are just icing on the cake.

I love the new Orc mechanics.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The waagh mechanic is insane. I have like 6 armies but with waagh activated I have 12 full armies :stare:

Each drat army gets a waagh lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I will say one thing about Grimgor is that he might be a little *too* overpowered with his "You're Next!" ability. He should be da best without needing to apply a gigantic debuff to whatever lord or hero he is fighting. His blood forged armour and Gitsnik are already really good buffs, he doesn't need to make enemy lords worse to stand a good chance of beating them.

If anything is rather they just change "You're Next!" to be a speed debuff only, since he should be a challenger you can't ignore, but get rid of the melee defense debuff.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Grimgor has been trash for so long, let him be strong

He still gets tossed around by anything with a knockback

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He's still super strong I just think he doesn't also need to make his opponents worse to even the odds.

Unless it's archaeon since Grimgor headbutting him and then sucker punching him in the dick before running off to declare victory is the greatest thing.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Neuronyx posted:

It baffles me why any lvl 4 and above building is available to settlements that get no higher than 3.

I made this mod 5-7 years ago for when this was a worse problem in the first game (major settlements had 6 slots, not 8-12). Literally all it does is add a tier 4 option to minor settlements and that's all it will ever do. This unavoidably is going to sound like a humble brag but search by either most popular or top rated all time in the workshop, it's somewhere in the first 20 on the list.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1165096283&tscn=1590225331

Mazz fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 23, 2020

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Onmi posted:

GOOD

bring on the Destructiontide, at least its thematic

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Arcsquad12 posted:

He's still super strong I just think he doesn't also need to make his opponents worse to even the odds.

Unless it's archaeon since Grimgor headbutting him and then sucker punching him in the dick before running off to declare victory is the greatest thing.

Unfortunately that got retconned :(

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My Grimgor campaign has been pretty fun with the Greentide taking on the Vermintide. Karaz Az Karak got outflanked by Clan Eshin so now I'm surrounded by swarms of Mors and Eshin stacks and having fun mulching through rats. Turns out that 'Eadbutt is a really, really good spell against Skaven.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Onmi posted:

Yep, happened in my game as well,

actually made Chaos a bit more interesting since the Ordertide didn't immediately stomp it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
What kinda greenskin armies are people making with Grom campaings, I've pumped them full of Goblin Archers with a smattering of orcs to hold the line so far but honestly it's kinda not going great for the non-Grom armies. With the scrap upgrades + Grom's own army buffs they hulk out for him, but they're just really loving poo poo in my other armies. I need something better than Goblin Archers but I've been slacking on upgrading my armies because gently caress 4-turn global recruit. I mean I still win a lot from outnumbering my opponent but the AI is actually starting to field decent stuff now.

Did the huge + armor piercing arrows food make it to the live build by the way or was it dunked on after beta shenanigans?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
So I've got a save bug on my Nakai campaign, all the saves I've tried get to about 20% and then the game crashes with no error message. I've tried turning all mods off and loading different combinations to no avail. The other 2 campaigns I have going are totally fine, they're about the same number of turns started around the same time. I looked it up and other people had the same issue in December, is this still a regular thing, did anyone ever find a solution?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Insurrectionist posted:

What kinda greenskin armies are people making with Grom campaings, I've pumped them full of Goblin Archers with a smattering of orcs to hold the line so far but honestly it's kinda not going great for the non-Grom armies. With the scrap upgrades + Grom's own army buffs they hulk out for him, but they're just really loving poo poo in my other armies. I need something better than Goblin Archers but I've been slacking on upgrading my armies because gently caress 4-turn global recruit. I mean I still win a lot from outnumbering my opponent but the AI is actually starting to field decent stuff now.

Did the huge + armor piercing arrows food make it to the live build by the way or was it dunked on after beta shenanigans?

Different lords tailor themselves to different playstyles and army comps. With Orc Warboss armies I've swapped out Gobbos for Boyz with the missile parry scrap upgrades. They can take a huge amount of ranged punishment that way to screen your trolls and spiders.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 23, 2020

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah gold shield boys work well for Grimgor to cover the +10 Anti Infantry black Orcs :getin:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Proving a point, Nordland was wiped the gently caress out. A screen of "Faction has been destroyed" popped up, but I can revive them here.

For whatever reason, Gelt doesn't get that luxury.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 23, 2020

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah gold shield boys work well for Grimgor to cover the +10 Anti Infantry black Orcs :getin:

Also, Immortulz armour acrap on Krimson Killerz and the Immortulz banner makes the deadliest elite infantry in the game even scarier.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Onmi posted:

Proving a point, Nordland was wiped the gently caress out. A screen of "Faction has been destroyed" popped up, but I can revive them here.

For whatever reason, Gelt doesn't get that luxury.
Maybe its an issue with him being Legendary? I wonder if Franz getting wiped out means the Golden Order can't revive him either.

I know you can revive other factions, because my last Empire campaign I tended to revive factions in a single minor settlement while I took the rest of their lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Ravenfood posted:

Maybe its an issue with him being Legendary? I wonder if Franz getting wiped out means the Golden Order can't revive him either.

I know you can revive other factions, because my last Empire campaign I tended to revive factions in a single minor settlement while I took the rest of their lands.

Perhaps, I use Mixu's mod to make all the Electors legendary lords, but it could be vanilla balance.