Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

esquilax posted:

Friends and I have started playing recently. Is there any 5+ player co-op content? And if so what's the best way for new players to unlock it?

MC Club stuff you can have up to 8, thats all free-roam stuff
Racing
Some contact missions allow up to 6 or 8 but thats a weird number
Got some fun modes that are either 8 exactly(hunting pack), or more than 8 (funnels derby, RPG/insurgent, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

so i'm an absolute idiot what's the go to for just doing missions and leveling up? join on whatever job list message pops from Gerald or whatever? Should it be looking for specific quick jobs or easy missions people are running over and over?

The Martin Madrazzo Dispatch missions are easy money, specifically Dispatch III and Dispatch VI, which when you have them down can be done in under 4 minutes. The real trick is losing the cops quickly, which if you go to the train tracks on the west side of the construction tower (easy to find since you can see it from all over the city), the cops VERY rarely enter. Dispatch IV and V are also relatively easy to do when you get the rhythm, they pay better, but are not quite the speed of III and VI.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Some contact missions allow up to 6 or 8 but thats a weird number

who doesn't love running a titan of a job 24/7

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Dannywilson posted:

The Martin Madrazzo Dispatch missions are easy money, specifically Dispatch III and Dispatch VI, which when you have them down can be done in under 4 minutes. The real trick is losing the cops quickly, which if you go to the train tracks on the west side of the construction tower (easy to find since you can see it from all over the city), the cops VERY rarely enter. Dispatch IV and V are also relatively easy to do when you get the rhythm, they pay better, but are not quite the speed of III and VI.

Blow up, III, I think? Would like a word with you. But it’s been a while, so I don’t know... maybe it’s not as quick as I remember

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The extra 1 million from I think twitch just got into my account and I used it to finish upgraded the Chumash bunker. Switched from research to manufacturing so now I can focus on leveling up and doing other poo poo while this place (hopefully) makes me money.

Is there any way to access to the bunker from outside of it or will I need to make the truck here anytime I gotta do anything for it? Do I get notified when it runs out of supplies?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is there any way to access to the bunker from outside of it or will I need to make the truck here anytime I gotta do anything for it? Do I get notified when it runs out of supplies?

No, yes, and no.

You can get the Master Control Panel in an Arcade to buy supplies or start sourcing missions but you still need to drive up to your bunker to get into the vehicles - kinda useless.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The extra 1 million from I think twitch just got into my account and I used it to finish upgraded the Chumash bunker. Switched from research to manufacturing so now I can focus on leveling up and doing other poo poo while this place (hopefully) makes me money.

It will make you money if you do it right.

Buy supplies for 75k. Wait 140 minutes and do other things like headhunter or sightseer or Import/export. Sell your stock for 210k.

One load of supplies is always a solo sale mission so you'll never need to ask for help. I advise against letting your stock pile up because then your momentum gets halted till you can get people to help sell.

Also never Steal Supplies, it's a huge waste of time and only fills you 20-40% of the way.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Shenanigans from tonight. At some point we had 17 goons at once playing games together.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FemaleOnlyAnkole-mobile.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AffectionateCoolBrahmancow-mobile.mp4

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EqualLameDonkey-mobile.mp4

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 23, 2020

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

namlosh posted:

Blow up, III, I think? Would like a word with you. But it’s been a while, so I don’t know... maybe it’s not as quick as I remember

Yeah the problem is the Blow Up missions aren't in the "complete a mission, these are in your next five missions of choice" cycle, whereas the Dispatch 3, 5, and 6 missions you can play with a decent crew pretty much continuously right now (like you train a group of 3 others in the lvl 5-25 range and they will loyally follow you for hours just to get the same RP and money as you).

e: Oh, MP5, if you're the author of the good google docs guide, you might think of adding the Los-Santos-Slasher serial killer/navy-revolver 3rd RDR2 $250k quest to the easy-money section. I did it last night in about 45 min, and then took 2 others through it today in about 30 min apiece while we were waiting for Maude to drop her bounties. The only sticky spot was finding the last clue as it randomizes between 3-4 spots.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 13:01 on May 23, 2020

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Dannywilson posted:

The problem with this suggestion is that the payout of the mission is directly related to how long you take doing the mission, up to something like 15 minutes. So any mission you complete quickly is going to pay less. Unless I'm wrong about this?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The problem with this suggestion is that the payout of the mission is directly related to how long you take doing the mission, up to something like 15 minutes. So any mission you complete quickly is going to pay less. Unless I'm wrong about this?

Yeah you want to try to take 6 minutes at least I think.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
can someone tell me at what point during the bogdan glitch I need to unplug my ethernet cable to be able to replay it?

I also heard someone say it only works after you've completed the doomsday heist, but that doesn't make sense?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Winkle-Daddy posted:

can someone tell me at what point during the bogdan glitch

Kill it when the transaction thing pops up in the lower right, pretty much as soon as the cutscene starts

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
thanks, I've heard it's a pretty forgiving window, but some of these setups are a slog so in going to do my best to not gently caress it up!

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah, I found it to be pretty forgiving. Once you've done it a couple times, invest in switching to the Paleto facility if you don't have it already. It really makes the grind so much quicker/easier

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Are the servers borked? I can’t even launch the game right now and the rockstar launcher is spitting out time outs trying to authenticate.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are the servers borked? I can’t even launch the game right now and the rockstar launcher is spitting out time outs trying to authenticate.

If you're ever in doubt, bookmark this: https://support.rockstargames.com/servicestatus

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
That's showing things as up, but it was last updated nearly 12 hours ago. The servers were slammed like this last saturday afternoon too.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Do you like what you see? Brand new to the game and wanna see some of the more fun stuff it has to offer? Do you think the voices of goons is nectar to your earholes?

Join us on Discord tonight for some zany shenanigans the likes of which have NEVER BEFORE BEEN SEEN (since last night)

https://discord.gg/e7DsJJt

We'll hopefully get past the Social Club errors and session drops and soon start up some Goonery - get in here and say hi!

EDIT: 1 hour in and 14 dudes, need MOAR GOONZ

Otacon fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 24, 2020

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Mondian posted:

Yeah, I found it to be pretty forgiving. Once you've done it a couple times, invest in switching to the Paleto facility if you don't have it already. It really makes the grind so much quicker/easier

this is bad advice

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Why? After you've done doomsday once the only reason to go to the facility anymore is to run Bogdan and the paleto one slashes the runtime and is cheap

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It is, in fact, good advice for those who want to do Bogdan.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 24, 2020

FalconImpala
Oct 21, 2018

Wow, a cow made of butter. My girls would love it. In fact, the first sentence Caroline ever said was "I like butter"
Is there any way to just play Hunting Pack without sifting through a shitload of adversary modes

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

FalconImpala posted:

Is there any way to just play Hunting Pack without sifting through a shitload of adversary modes

I wish. :smith:

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

FalconImpala posted:

Other than waiting until it rotates into Featured under quick jobs again, no.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

FalconImpala posted:

Weird, during this event, it's all that ever pops via Quick Job for me.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Do people on PC generally play with mouse + keyboard? I feel like i spend 90% of this game driving so i've just plugged in a gamepad.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Years ago I used to have this unholy setup where I had a controller in my left hand and a mouse in my right hand. Adderall is a hell of a drug.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

dogstile posted:

Do people on PC generally play with mouse + keyboard? I feel like i spend 90% of this game driving so i've just plugged in a gamepad.

I usually play with M+KB but whenever the situation calls for flying some kind of aircraft I quickly pick up my 360 pad which is generally active during gameplay. But compared to the pad shooting with MKB is aeons easier, especially from cars.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Sadly my controller drifts left slightly. Maybe need to adjust the dead zone.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Years ago I used to have this unholy setup where I had a controller in my left hand and a mouse in my right hand. Adderall is a hell of a drug.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m getting good at triggering passive between getting invited to an apartment by a modded before everyone gets booted and murdered.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m getting good at triggering passive between getting invited to an apartment by a modded before everyone gets booted and murdered.

i've had that happen so often that moving to a new session is basically muscle memory, at this point.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

^ I use one of those. I fear the day R*'s anticheat flags the x360ce files as a mod

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Gomi Day posted:

i've had that happen so often that moving to a new session is basically muscle memory, at this point.

I've noticed that if I glitch into public lobbies by myself often enough, I stop getting put into populated lobbies all together when I load up GTA:O.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Runner in firetruck Hunting Pack managed to get creamed by a train.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just ran the Fleeca job with a random dude and that was pretty fun except for the times we each hosed up. Now I have a fun armored Kuruma. I got the hang of the bunker manufacturing / selling loop so now I’m doing that while messing about in random jobs to level up.

Can’t decide if I want my next big purchase to be the Buzzard or a I/E garage to have an additional source of income.

I’m not going to even try to mess with the oppressor until I can afford everything else that needs.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Buzzard is good for the convenience of being able to spawn it next to you anywhere as a CEO. They seem to put it on sale a lot though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hot drat most of these bunker stock sell missions are loving terrible (to do solo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I miss LLJK PS4 playlists and science. :smith:

We should get the old band (aard, Bairns, Malakai, dread, Otes, etc) back together and invite anybody who's joined the last couple years to experience the joy of NATO Rules Football and LONMOARS.