Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

everyone remembers this one but for some reason growing up my family had its lesser known sequel "dot and the whale" on tape instead. all i remember about it is she steps on a sea urchin or something and gets poisonous hole in her foot. then maybe an octopus sucks it out?

Dot rules. They uploaded all of them to Youtube a few years ago.

Linked to that scene which apparently has heavy Chozo vibes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouzM4_CJMw&t=2353s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That poll has really transformed into.. something.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i just want to point out that joining the bowsetteers wins every chat thread poll handily before the results are doctored

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
and sorry i could not travel both
and be one traveler, long i stood

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/ViolateGeneva/status/1264223366380163072?s=20

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

stev posted:

The ARR revamp is in a couple of months, so if you start it and find it a slog it might be worth waiting.

What’s this? I’ve tried to get into FFXIV a couple times and bounced off so I’m interested in this

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wuggles posted:

What’s this? I’ve tried to get into FFXIV a couple times and bounced off so I’m interested in this
no one really knows exactly, but they're doing Something to streamline ARR in some capacity, because they're very aware that its the weakest part.

they even added new game+ late last year to let people go back and replay and part of the story they wanted, except for ARR which I guess won't get added to ng+ until the revamp

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Imagine living through this year as a medical worker and someone in your family/friend circle gifts you one of these.

https://twitter.com/mashable/status/1263836719104876545

What do you even say?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
you toss it back at them so when they catch it out of reaction you're open to punch them in the gut

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

strategy guide:

middle click the longer video to open it in a new tab
watch the korone video first as it is only a minute long
now watch the longer video

This FAQ, and all 24 other of my FAQ/Walkthroughs, are now dedicated to the
over 6,000 innocent people killed in the World Trade Center and Pentagon
terrorist attacks in New York City, New York, and Washington, D.C., on
September 11, 2001. To all of the innocent working people, and FDNY Firemen, as
well as other emergency workers, you will always be remembered. We won't stop
until we bring these criminals to justice, your deaths were NOT IN VAIN! God
Bless America, death to all terrorists of all races everywhere.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

No one really likes Funko Pop, right? Like, they're just gifts for when an aunt needs to get you a Christmas present. No one actually wants them, right? Right?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Dot rules. They uploaded all of them to Youtube a few years ago.

Linked to that scene which apparently has heavy Chozo vibes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouzM4_CJMw&t=2353s

dang i'm actually surprised that i remembered it that accurately

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

wuggles posted:

They're basically just cutting a lot of the more tedious quests and making sure the main story quests give enough EXP that you won't need to grind at all.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Beast Pussy posted:

No one really likes Funko Pop, right? Like, they're just gifts for when an aunt needs to get you a Christmas present. No one actually wants them, right? Right?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Beast Pussy posted:

My sister loves them and has like 10 of the Marvel ones

and there was someone at my work who had 100+ of them lined up on the window beside her desk

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

homeless snail posted:

no one really knows exactly, but they're doing Something to streamline ARR in some capacity, because they're very aware that its the weakest part.

they even added new game+ late last year to let people go back and replay and part of the story they wanted, except for ARR which I guess won't get added to ng+ until the revamp

They actually did an overview in the last live letter, they're cutting out and truncating 13% of the quests, adjusting the experience yield so that you can get to 50 with MSQ alone, and making My Little Chocobo and the Crystal Tower required content.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

would just divorce the guy personally

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

How fuckin rich are you to be able to put aside 30 bucks a WEEK for lovely toys

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

There are way too many loopholes in there. He could have the place drowning in lovely plastic within a month.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Imagine, waking up one morning, having spent the night at the house of your new boyfriend. You roll over, and wiping the sleep from your eyes, to see this man, James, looking at you. In a moment of emotion too powerful to be wrong, you think "I'm going to spend the rest of my life with this man".
Then you get up, carefully step through a maze of Funko Pop, and make breakfast together.

What I'm saying is that James is unwell, but the other person who signed that contact is a monster.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

How fuckin rich are you to be able to put aside 30 bucks a WEEK for lovely toys

that's not that much money, but it is ridiculous to spend it on trash

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
how long do you think it took him to start ignoring the (extremely generous) contract and going back to spending hundred a month on funko pops

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

that's not that much money, but it is ridiculous to spend it on trash

Yeah, it's less that it's 30 and more that it's 30 specifically for Funkos.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm watching she-ra now and it's p good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
30 bucks a week is two full-price video games a month which is like, kind of a lot but not absolutely insane. Those two videogames are at least 80 hours of entertainment though instead of a piece of clutter clogging your home and doing nothing else

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Remember Beanie Babies? At least those could sometimes be fun to look at

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I decided to use the google autotranslate thing to browse this one czech store page and this is the result I got

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
some folks love the cold familiarity of Funko pops, and unchallenging way to be reminded of unchallenging media that they enjoyed

not like my Humbert Humbert action figure with over two dozen points of articulation

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

are vtubers like digital funko pops...

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

do... do you collect vtubers and put them on a shelf?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Do they all conform to a similar style and look like effigies of death?

If so, then yes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

do... do you collect vtubers and put them on a shelf?
my youtube recommendations are like a shelf

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We all have tacky bullshit polluting our shelves, whether you recognize their tackiness or not

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
My shelves are full of cool things like Gunpla.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have a framed pencil drawing of Freddy, Jason, Michael Meyers and Leatherface each brandishing electric guitars, drawn by I believe a Native American artist, a gift from my mom

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

Well now I'm looking up minidisc videos thanks a lot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oops not actually framed, mb

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i have no decorations or shelves with geegaws in my apartment and exist in an empty white void because all things are ephemeral and i don’t want to spend my time decorating a place where i’ll inevitably have to move out from at some indeterminate time in the future

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't "own" any "thing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

maneater is great. they fuckin nailed the narrator as being from a schlocky d-list Animal Planet show and Chris Parnell is perfect for it. it's hilarious.